The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Even more YES!!! Ban Process.

Comments

• NornIron
    12822 posts Has That Special Something
    i swear i have seen this before

• ScorcherPrime
    3709 posts National Call-Up
    Ravz9 wrote: »
    lets hope they can actually enforce it

• Simmo
    3689 posts National Call-Up
    They've got to stand firm on this then and actually ban youtubers for a start.
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    heavymcd wrote: »
    Baners wrote: »
    How exactly do u prove someone bought coins tho?

That's the thing. Most of the time it's gonna be due to suspicious trades. But what if I just happen to list a couple players or consumables at stupid prices, and some moron buys them? It happens.

So you either wind up with enforcement that misses many that buy coins, or on the other end you wind up with false positives.

That's what I mean...how can you set price ranges but not allow people to sell stuff within those ranges?

• keith210277
    1029 posts Professional
    Simmo wrote: »
    They've got to stand firm on this then and actually ban youtubers for a start.

EA may ban the occasional youtubers account, but as was mentioned by someone else they could simply go direct to youtube and have said coin buyers content removed for breaking t&s. EA don't do this and go easy on youtubers as they love the free publicity they provide for FUT.

Look at how EA kiss up to and are now best friends with Castro. Whilst he may be playing fut fairly this year last year he was coin buying and promoting coin buying. As long as EA get free publicity from youtubers and twitch streamers they won't do anything to them.
  • EGY-Aviatorz
    5162 posts Big Money Move
    What about all the 5% Discounts .. Shame to see them go unused :(
  • EGY-Aviatorz
    5162 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2015
    Anyways , if they seriously will enforce this it would be great
  • Happy that they are going to coin wipe people who do buy coins. They deserve it
  • i swear i have seen this before

Probably because EA posted something similiar at the start of FIFA 15.

Except the Ban Process for Fifa 15 was extremely lenient. The new one is much better.

This was the FIFA 15 one :

image.jpg
  • willdarko
    1102 posts Professional
    good.
  • Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain
    Hopefully this actually works this year
  • lastfifa
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    heavymcd wrote: »
    Baners wrote: »
    How exactly do u prove someone bought coins tho?

That's the thing. Most of the time it's gonna be due to suspicious trades. But what if I just happen to list a couple players or consumables at stupid prices, and some moron buys them? It happens.

So you either wind up with enforcement that misses many that buy coins, or on the other end you wind up with false positives.

I'm at the moment going trough this. Never bought coins or anything... My account got locked and opened but i got warning for doing those things. As i never did that i disputed this again but i only received auto response that ea is thorough and right and sanctions are staying and correct. As i have done nothing wrong i can't accept that kind behavior... I contacted local consumer care and explained this and they offered assistance in this matter. Now it's going via ecc (European consumer care) so will see what gonna happen.
  • uryflqk
    1232 posts Professional
    FUT 16 new era of fifa. Very nice EA !!
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bram wrote: »
    One thing that has been on my mind, if you ban an account with TOTY Ronaldo for example, please release him back on the market rather than fully remove him @Rob

Laying awake at night worrying about that poor abandoned TOTY Ronaldo eh? Perhaps you need a little FIFA timeout mate. :wink:
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move
    Robes wrote: »
    One thing that has been on my mind, if you ban an account with TOTY Ronaldo for example, please release him back on the market rather than fully remove him @Rob

Laying awake at night worrying about that poor abandoned TOTY Ronaldo eh? Perhaps you need a little FIFA timeout mate. :wink:

Perhaps you need to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off. :wink:
    Not everyone lives in the UK.. Ever heard about time zones?
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kermit1093 wrote: »

Perhaps you need to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off. :wink:
    Not everyone lives in the UK.. Ever heard about time zones?

Whoa, aren't you a touchy little princess? It wasn't a comment about the hour of posting, it was highlighting the rather sad concern for a virtual card. :wink: (Yes I like being passive-aggressive too!)

In any event it was only 10:18pm here that it was posted, not exactly middle of the night.
  • willdarko
    1102 posts Professional
    dat hostility doe
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    They said this last time, they just never did it to anyone.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    I'm shocked that some of you seem to forget that they did the same thing last year? People were still getting away with it...
  • Dan_AFC90
    1431 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm shocked that some of you seem to forget that they did the same thing last year? People were still getting away with it...

Could be an issue on old gen. Wont be an issue on next gen. Only real way for coin sellers to do it would be to hack coins on xbox 360, one time transfer the coins then sell them but im sure ea would pick up on this.

• Rozz
    6721 posts Big Money Move
    They said this last year, nothing happened, same pic even...
  • Kellnerr
    3217 posts National Call-Up
    what about transferring coins from one account to another?
  • Marleigh
    2270 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rozz wrote: »
    They said this last year, nothing happened, same pic even...

It's a different picture. Much more stringent rules and covers more scenarios.

There have been plenty of posts on the forum from people complaining they'd been 'wrongfully' banned, and I've seen lots complaining on social media about being banned.

Lots of youtubers got banned, shortly after they started hiding their gamertags 'to prevent being hacked'. They obviously aren't going to advertise that they got banned as they would lose their sponsorship deals.
  • willdarko
    1102 posts Professional
    I think it is safe to assume that coin sellers will work to, and probably find a glitch on the next gen consoles, there's too much money involved for them not to.

Whether it is a matter of weeks, or months, who knows.

The important thing is that the ranges are implemented from the start, with a clean slate; and that they are wide enough to allow legitimate trading. They could work because they are not being introduced to an already broken market. They need constant adjustment and monitoring, though.

This hardline banning approach is a definite positive. Try to discourage casual users from purchasing coins, and shut down any distributing accounts from the coin sellers.

Last year was a step in the right direction, but still too lenient imo.

All looking good in theory, let's see how it plays out in practice.

• Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    Dan_AFC90 wrote: »

Could be an issue on old gen. Wont be an issue on next gen. Only real way for coin sellers to do it would be to hack coins on xbox 360, one time transfer the coins then sell them but im sure ea would pick up on this.
    You can't one time transfer coins only FIFA points
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    willdarko wrote: »
    I think it is safe to assume that coin sellers will work to, and probably find a glitch on the next gen consoles, there's too much money involved for them not to.

The important thing is that the ranges are implemented from the start, with a clean slate; and that they are wide enough to allow legitimate trading. They could work because they are not being introduced to an already broken market. They need constant adjustment and monitoring, though.

This hardline banning approach is a definite positive. Try to discourage casual users from purchasing coins, and shut down any distributing accounts from the coin sellers.

If they figure out how to run unsigned code on a next gen console then they'd already have a way better way of making money than selling FUT coins.

• willdarko
    1102 posts Professional

If they figure out how to run unsigned code on a next gen console then they'd already have a way better way of making money than selling FUT coins.

So you don't think there will be any coin glitch on next generation consoles? :)
  • Shadox2014
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    COACH wrote: »
    EA is shocking me. Love it. Well done.

0e23f7600adb3d0f02522bdc21741338.png

What is ment with Coin Farming ?.
    no more price fixing?, thats a sort of coin farming.

Coin Farming needs to be explained, am i no longer able to play lots of matches to earn coins, is there a restrain on how many times you get a reward from playing a match?

This coin farming needs to be explained hehe :D
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero

So you don't think there will be any coin glitch on next generation consoles? :)

I can't see it right now to be honest. The old glitches relied on hacked consoles (JTAG or PS3 jailbreak), so that essentially they could make the consoles run code that could interact with the game/servers and create coins that were never there. There is no current way of doing this with PS4 or XB1.

I can see ABs being used to generate a certain amount of coins for sale, but my assumption would be that if EA have gone to all this trouble and then re-opened trading on the web app, that they'd have a plan to counteract this.

• Marleigh
    2270 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shadox2014 wrote: »
    COACH wrote: »
    EA is shocking me. Love it. Well done.

0e23f7600adb3d0f02522bdc21741338.png

What is ment with Coin Farming ?.
    no more price fixing?, thats a sort of coin farming.

Coin Farming needs to be explained, am i no longer able to play lots of matches to earn coins, is there a restrain on how many times you get a reward from playing a match?

This coin farming needs to be explained hehe :D

Coin farming is the use of an automated process to play matches and collect coins, if you play the game legitimately it won't be an issue.