The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

FINALLY! SPLIT MARKETS! Well done EA...well done.

Comments

• Frankenberry
    10215 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2015
    heavymcd wrote: »
    Keano16 wrote: »
    COACH wrote: »
    Sucks for a few but WAY BETTER for many

This is a positive move from EA.

The ridiculous part is that they announced it three days before the release of the game, since tons of people have already pre-ordered the old gen version.

just cancel?

For brick-and-mortar preorders three days isn't a long time to work that in.

Also, in some cases there were trade in incentives and such that may complicate it.

Correct. This wasn't just a cash-for-preorder arrangement at Best Buy. Three days isn't really a fair time period for me to adjust my order.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain

The ridiculous part is that they announced it three days before the release of the game, since tons of people have already pre-ordered the old gen version.

I agree with that part Frank. Sucks man. I hope you get a refund from the pre-order.

• RadioShaq
    15607 posts Moderator
    Jim wrote: »
    This is totally inappropriate for EA to announce three days before the web app releases.

I've already pre-ordered the Xbox 360 version (along with many other FUT players) in the understanding that my FUT account would still be compatible across both consoles, mainly because I find the 360 gameplay far more enjoyable.

The 360 market is now ruined (since its population will be about 10% of its FUT15 total 360/XB1 users), and I'm now stuck with a pre-ordered game that I have to cancel or return. This is just ridiculous timing from EA. I could not be more disappointed.

Agreed that this kills 360, but yeah, cancel now. You can get a full refund from every retailer that I know of, including digital purchases on console.

Two years into the current gen console life is normally when you have to think about upgrading or get left behind.

I already own an XB1. I pre-ordered the 360 version because its gameplay is just significantly better for FUT14 and FUT15.

The only issue I'd have with canceling my pre-order is I did the deal at Best Buy where you turn in your FUT15 copy (which I've already done) and they give you $10 store credit + $10 discount on pre-ordering FUT16. Not sure what will happen if I try to cancel.

Either way, this is terrible timing from EA.

The 360 will have more players than the one. You should be fine on the 360 unless the glitches make it worse.

• DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    This is totally inappropriate for EA to announce three days before the web app releases.

I've already pre-ordered the Xbox 360 version (along with many other FUT players) in the understanding that my FUT account would still be compatible across both consoles, mainly because I find the 360 gameplay far more enjoyable.

The 360 market is now ruined (since its population will be about 10% of its FUT15 total 360/XB1 users), and I'm now stuck with a pre-ordered game that I have to cancel or return. This is just ridiculous timing from EA. I could not be more disappointed.

Agreed that this kills 360, but yeah, cancel now. You can get a full refund from every retailer that I know of, including digital purchases on console.

Two years into the current gen console life is normally when you have to think about upgrading or get left behind.

I already own an XB1. I pre-ordered the 360 version because its gameplay is just significantly better for FUT14 and FUT15.

The only issue I'd have with canceling my pre-order is I did the deal at Best Buy where you turn in your FUT15 copy (which I've already done) and they give you $10 store credit + $10 discount on pre-ordering FUT16. Not sure what will happen if I try to cancel.

The 360 will have more players than the one. You should be fine on the 360 unless the glitches make it worse.

Is this your opinion, or is there relevant date (15 sales)
  • RadioShaq
    15607 posts Moderator
    Look at vgchartz.
  • Jim
    1383 posts Professional
    It isn't 3 days, it's 8 days in North America and 10 days for Europe. You aren't required to return/cancelled it before the web app launches, and previous gen doesn't have Early Access.

Could it have been announced a lot earlier to make everything a lot less inconvenient for their customers? Absolutely, no argument. But 8-10 days isn't all that ridiculous. I imagine you can switch the pre-order to FIFA 16 for XB1 fairly easily.

• Frankenberry

Total copies sold per console is not a great way to compare them. I'm really only interested in the market for each version.

I imagine a lot of former 360 players will be switching to XB1 for FUT16. I also imagine that a lot more auction transactions will be occurring on the XB1 than on the 360 (i.e. FIFA players with more money will be more likely on XB1 than 360, and FIFA players with more money will be opening more packs, and thus more total cards will be circulating on the XB1 market than the 360 market).

I'm not really interested in playing in a 360-only market this year.
  • Jim
    1383 posts Professional
    Look at vgchartz.

But how many of the people who bought it for 360 have moved on to XB1 since then? The difference on vgchartz is only 920k. Keep in mind that since FIFA 15 came out, Microsoft introduced a massive price drop and sold about 4-6 million more XB1 consoles. (It's tough to get an exact estimate, but that seems to be close to the numbers.)

• heavymcd wrote: »
    Keano16 wrote: »

just cancel?

For brick-and-mortar preorders three days isn't a long time to work that in.

Also, in some cases there were trade in incentives and such that may complicate it.

Correct. This wasn't just a cash-for-preorder arrangement at Best Buy. Three days isn't really a fair time period for me to adjust my order.

I agree, it was very late notice
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    So, i still have a PS3 ( :disappointed: ) but if I'd get a PS4 at christmas I'd have to start all over again?
  • FlyingPorkChop14
    4185 posts National Call-Up
    Terminator wrote: »
    So, i still have a PS3 ( :disappointed: ) but if I'd get a PS4 at christmas I'd have to start all over again?

Ask your parents if you will get it dor christmas so you will save money and time.
  • Goldenjokered
    3801 posts National Call-Up
    I honestly don't feel any sympathy for old gen users, current gen has been out for around two years now, that is plenty of time to upgrade. If you are willing to shell out money on UT then you can save up for a PS4/Xbone, simple as.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    I honestly don't feel any sympathy for old gen users, current gen has been out for around two years now, that is plenty of time to upgrade. If you are willing to shell out money on UT then you can save up for a PS4/Xbone, simple as.

No it isnt and **** your arrogance. I have a kid, who loves his 360 games and hasnt wanted an X-1. One TV is for games and the other is for TV (my better half's mandate for happiness all around). We are getting X-1, his grandma has already gotten it for X-mas, and so if I bought the X-1 today I would be rocking the boat on TV usage (cause the boy would still want to play 360 thus occupying 2 TV's) and also ruin his X-mas gift from his grandma who travels 1500 miles to be here.

The only reason the One is coming is because of Xbox making all the old games available at X-mas.
  • Frankenberry

I think you're misunderstanding the frustration:

I already own an XB1. I also own an Xbox 360. I am disappointed in EA because I pre-ordered a 360 version of FIFA16, and EA decides to announce three days before the FUT16 web app releases that the accounts will be completely split between consoles.

Announcing a huge update in access to your accounts three days before release is absurd.
  • Dannycpfc
    690 posts Sunday League Hero

Laughable post
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    Terminator wrote: »

Ask your parents if you will get it dor christmas so you will save money and time.

They'll probably say if my grades are good.
    But by good they mean 8/7 out of 10 average, and I'm on the highest level of high school so that isn't really easy
  • Top stuff from EA. All the kids are gonna be crying.
  • I honestly don't feel any sympathy for old gen users, current gen has been out for around two years now, that is plenty of time to upgrade. If you are willing to shell out money on UT then you can save up for a PS4/Xbone, simple as.

I already own an XB1. I also own an Xbox 360. I am disappointed in EA because I pre-ordered a 360 version of FIFA16, and EA decides to announce three days before the FUT16 web app releases that the accounts will be completely split between consoles.

Announcing a huge update in access to your accounts three days before release is absurd.

Well Im sure you can cancel the pre-order and its technically another 10 days until release.
  • Bram
    9390 posts League Winner
    I can't say that I don't somewhat feel bad for the people who went backwards with this but this definetely helps improve the FUT experience for a big majority.

Can't please everyone.
  • Fumbler
    2509 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Quick question this might be stupid
    Planning on getting a ps4 next week so everything I get on the web app when it's released will I still have when I switch to ps4 or will I have to start again

Apparently when you go on the web app for the first time it will ask you which console you'll be playing on. So, yeah, choose PS4 on the web app and you should be good to go when you get your PS4.
  • I honestly don't feel any sympathy for old gen users, current gen has been out for around two years now, that is plenty of time to upgrade. If you are willing to shell out money on UT then you can save up for a PS4/Xbone, simple as.

Well Im sure you can cancel the pre-order and its technically another 10 days until release.

Its 7 days (essentially) and he already made it know that he did the Best Buy deal (trade in Fifa 15 get 10 dollars off 16 plus 10 dollars credit for the game). Maybe they will give him his game back I dunno.

Still they should have announced this a month ago instead of putting their profit by misleading people ahead of the actual consumer.
  • I guess its annoying, but maybe he can just say he wants the xbox one version instead, unless the deal is only for old gen version.
  • Fumbler
    2509 posts Fans' Favourite
    My guess is that the timing of the announcement was planned to coincide with PES launching tonight. Gotta get your news out there to stay relevant on someone else's big day.
  • JoeDoeDawg11
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero
    I feel bad for old-gen users but I am elated
  • JoeDoeDawg11
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero
    Quick question though... Price ranges, is that still a thing on next gen?
  • Quick question though... Price ranges, is that still a thing on next gen?

Yes
  • JoeDoeDawg11
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero
    Quick question though... Price ranges, is that still a thing on next gen?

Yes

Ugh.... Why?
  • Quick question though... Price ranges, is that still a thing on next gen?

Yes

Ugh.... Why?

Im saying that about many things today. I actually wrote a long rant that I was gonna post as a new topic but I would have gotten banned :D
  • DUKESTER-x
    2839 posts National Call-Up
    Best FIFA 16 news yet. Have a feeling this year will be good, price ranges keeping players cheap, no old gen sharing markets and the game play seems an improvement from the streams I've seen.

Can't wait to test it on Thursday.

Will be miles better than FIFA 15 100%
  • Cornbread Jones
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    SPLIT ECONOMIES!!!!! YES!!!!!!

Next gen and old gen are separate [email protected]!!!!

f0f5ccd9e405202bb68e888e72358fe9.png

Good to know I can get some FP at 20% off right now on my 360, then transfer them over to my 16 team on my new XB1.