The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

FINALLY! SPLIT MARKETS! Well done EA...well done.

Comments

• MemphisDepay
    6020 posts Big Money Move
    Finally the last gen consoles wont be able to hold us back, or limit our experience. Great call for EA.

I understand that it might suck for some old gen users, but still this seems like the right call since the majority of the people play current gen
  • Great news across the board prior to the release. I think people miss the point about FIFA points...they are supposed to be expensive so people don't get too much of an in game advantage from using real money. Obviously it is a nice money spinner as well but if they were only concerned about the cost they'd have risen the prices slightly with each version of FIFA.

Looking forward to the new game now.
  • FlyingPorkChop14
    4185 posts National Call-Up
    I might just pre order FIFA 16 instead of waiting for Black Friday.
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    Nice work EA
  • Jim
    1383 posts Professional
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I am scared for xbox one users. There is barely more playing on it than the pc.

Um, what?
    FIFA 15 copies sold:
    XB1- 1.95 million
    PC- 260k

And doesn't account for all the people who have upgraded since purchasing FIFA 15 for previous gen. XB1 still lags behind PS4, but they've still moved a TON of units over the past year.

• Lard_Lad
    12690 posts Has That Special Something
    Quick question this might be stupid
    Planning on getting a ps4 next week so everything I get on the web app when it's released will I still have when I switch to ps4 or will I have to start again
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Jim wrote: »

Um, what?
    FIFA 15 copies sold:
    XB1- 1.95 million
    PC- 260k

And doesn't account for all the people who have upgraded since purchasing FIFA 15 for previous gen. XB1 still lags behind PS4, but they've still moved a TON of units over the past year.

Do you have how many ps4 were sold?

• Best FIFA 16 news yet. Have a feeling this year will be good, price ranges keeping players cheap, no old gen sharing markets and the game play seems an improvement from the streams I've seen.

Can't wait to test it on Thursday.
  • Fleshgod
    872 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This is totally inappropriate for EA to announce three days before the web app releases.

I've already pre-ordered the Xbox 360 version (along with many other FUT players) in the understanding that my FUT account would still be compatible across both consoles, mainly because I find the 360 gameplay far more enjoyable.

The 360 market is now ruined (since its population will be about 10% of its FUT15 total 360/XB1 users), and I'm now stuck with a pre-ordered game that I have to cancel or return. This is just ridiculous timing from EA. I could not be more disappointed.

Agreed that this kills 360, but yeah, cancel now. You can get a full refund from every retailer that I know of, including digital purchases on console.

Two years into the current gen console life is normally when you have to think about upgrading or get left behind.

I already own an XB1. I pre-ordered the 360 version because its gameplay is just significantly better for FUT14 and FUT15.

The only issue I'd have with canceling my pre-order is I did the deal at Best Buy where you turn in your FUT15 copy (which I've already done) and they give you $10 store credit + $10 discount on pre-ordering FUT16. Not sure what will happen if I try to cancel.

Either way, this is terrible timing from EA.

This is just complaining for complaining sake. The game play is not better on 360. tbh, it's amazing they didn't do this already this year as old gen consoles are clearly a massive source of inflation. Asides from that, I hardly see any benefit of using an old console other than the fact that you're going to be matched against extreme casuals - as anybody who spends a chunk of their free time on a console is going to have spent the 300-400$ over the last two years to upgrade. Good on EA for doing this - and hopefully they don't even produce fifa 17 on old gen so that they really can start utilizing their new engine.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Does this mean no Price ranges?
  • Wordlesspoet8
    3185 posts National Call-Up
    Does this mean no Price ranges?
    Wider price ranges to begin with. Check their twitter
  • Frankenberry
    10215 posts Has That Special Something
    Fleshgod wrote: »
    This is totally inappropriate for EA to announce three days before the web app releases.

I've already pre-ordered the Xbox 360 version (along with many other FUT players) in the understanding that my FUT account would still be compatible across both consoles, mainly because I find the 360 gameplay far more enjoyable.

The 360 market is now ruined (since its population will be about 10% of its FUT15 total 360/XB1 users), and I'm now stuck with a pre-ordered game that I have to cancel or return. This is just ridiculous timing from EA. I could not be more disappointed.

Agreed that this kills 360, but yeah, cancel now. You can get a full refund from every retailer that I know of, including digital purchases on console.

Two years into the current gen console life is normally when you have to think about upgrading or get left behind.

I already own an XB1. I pre-ordered the 360 version because its gameplay is just significantly better for FUT14 and FUT15.

The only issue I'd have with canceling my pre-order is I did the deal at Best Buy where you turn in your FUT15 copy (which I've already done) and they give you $10 store credit + $10 discount on pre-ordering FUT16. Not sure what will happen if I try to cancel.

This is just complaining for complaining sake. The game play is not better on 360. tbh, it's amazing they didn't do this already this year as old gen consoles are clearly a massive source of inflation. Asides from that, I hardly see any benefit of using an old console other than the fact that you're going to be matched against extreme casuals - as anybody who spends a chunk of their free time on a console is going to have spent the 300-400$ over the last two years to upgrade. Good on EA for doing this - and hopefully they don't even produce fifa 17 on old gen so that they really can start utilizing their new engine.

I'm not upset that EA made this move; I'm upset that they announced it three days before the game came out.

I've already pre-ordered the 360 version (which in my opinion, still has better gameplay and the same quality of opponents), and I now have to try to cancel it or return the game.
  • Liam W
    2675 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fleshgod wrote: »

I'm not upset that EA made this move; I'm upset that they announced it three days before the game came out.

I've already pre-ordered the 360 version (which in my opinion, still has better gameplay and the same quality of opponents), and I now have to try to cancel it or return the game.

(http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=FIFA+15)

Apparently, more 360 players than Xb1, altho no idea if these players play FUT and if they are casual or hardcore etc.
  • Jim
    1383 posts Professional
    COACH wrote: »

Um, what?
    FIFA 15 copies sold:
    XB1- 1.95 million
    PC- 260k

Do you have how many ps4 were sold?

6.33 million copies. And they've sold a bunch more PS4 consoles in the last year, so the sales figures for FIFA 16 will be even more in favor of current gen.
  • we suffered enough on the PS side tbh
  • nordicvictory123
    878 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lol, how can 360 be better than Xbox One? FIFA on PS3 is awful.
  • Lol, how can 360 be better than Xbox One? FIFA on PS3 is awful.

yea when I read "ordered the 360 version because its gameplay is just significantly better for FUT14 and FUT15" , my brain restarted.

based on ps3/ps4 experience too however.
  • deni_saintp
    990 posts Professional
    yessss
  • Jfo88 wrote: »
    Big news. Massive blow for coin farmers that. At least for the time being.

Now they will just spend all their time looking for a glitch on new gen

Well yeah. But the problem was the Ps3 and 360s being easily modded. The consoles have been out for so long and anyone can mod those consoles.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    XB360 will be graphically inferior to xb1, but presumably they're using different code for physics and AI, which means the gameplay could indeed be better (don't know if it truly is).

Unlike, say, a first person shooter the arena is the same (no bigger or smaller levels) and player model count is the same (22 men and the refs). As long as it's hitting a reasonable frame rate, it could definitely play better, if uglier.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    So since I have 360 now but its likely the family is stepping up in December, I wont be able to transfer my account over?
  • Jfo88
    22946 posts Club Captain
    So since I have 360 now but its likely the family is stepping up in December, I wont be able to transfer my account over?

Nope
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    Jfo88 wrote: »

Nope

well I love the advanced notice
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Sucks for a few but WAY BETTER for many
  • Frankenberry
    To the people saying "360 gameplay can't possibly be better than next gen gameplay":
    • Do you own FIFA15 on Xbox 360 and XB1, and play both interchangeably on a regular basis? I would love to hear your comparison of gameplay on both consoles.
    • Did you buy FIFA15 on next gen, and stop playing old gen FIFA15 altogether? If this is the case, I don't think you can't really give a fair analysis on pros/cons of a console that you no longer regularly use.

Are the graphics on next gen better than on old gen? Of course. The game looks incredible on XB1.

In terms of gameplay, there are lots of annoying glitches/exploits on next gen that are totally nonexistent on old gen that make 360 FUT significantly more enjoyable for me.

-Next gen replays can take 30+ seconds, as we watch three different angles, watch the crowd clapping, and then watch the players slowly walk back across the field.
    Old gen replays take ~6-8 seconds max. There is one replay from one angle, then the game resumes.

-Next gen GKs will flop over, sometimes diving away from shots. Near post shots are incredibly overpowered. Long distance shots aimed right down the middle will go over the GK's head.
    Old gen GKs play to their overalls. 90 OVR GKs perform amazingly and are consistent, and low-rated GKs are erratic. Near post shots are not overpowered, and GKs can intelligently read long distance shots aimed directly at them.

-Sprinting zig-zag dribbles are incredibly effective on next gen. It's possible to hold RT and just glide past every defender.
    Sprinting zig-zag dribbles on old gen are much more difficult, since your players realistically lose momentum as they cut back and forth down the field.

There are a dozen more gameplay features I could praise on Xbox 360, but I think you get the idea.
  • Dawud
    16131 posts World Class
    you are buying FIFA 16 though Frankenberry. You have no knowledge on whether it will be better on the 360
  • Frankenberry

This is a positive move from EA.

The ridiculous part is that they announced it three days before the release of the game, since tons of people have already pre-ordered the old gen version.
  • Keano16
    680 posts Sunday League Hero

The ridiculous part is that they announced it three days before the release of the game, since tons of people have already pre-ordered the old gen version.

just cancel?

• heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Keano16 wrote: »

just cancel?

For brick-and-mortar preorders three days isn't a long time to work that in.

Also, in some cases there were trade in incentives and such that may complicate it.
  • Frankenberry
    Keano16 wrote: »

just cancel?

I pre-ordered through Best Buy. There's a deal there where if you sell back your FIFA15 copy (which I've already done), you get $10 store credit + $10 discount on your FIFA16 pre-order. I wouldn't have sold back my FIFA15 copy if I had known that I wasn't going to be pre-ordering.

Either way, it's really terrible customer service to announce such a significant change in features three days before the game releases, especially after thousands of users have already pre-ordered their copies for one specific version.