The American Soccer Lounge (National Team & MLS)

Comments

• Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain
    27 hours and 1 reinstall later, I'm at 45% on my download.

What a **** joke.

What are you on dial up?
  • hockeyphenom87
    7049 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2015
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    27 hours and 1 reinstall later, I'm at 45% on my download.

What a **** joke.

What are you on dial up?
    I have no **** clue why this is taking so long. I honestly wouldn't have spent 30 dollars on a two day long download. This is not normal lol. Ive never had problems with downloads before, mine in the past would take a "long" time but my internet is fine. For some reason this damn thing refuses to move. Its like 3% every hour. That means 33 hours, but guess what?! It got stuck on 49% the first time around so guess what else?! It probably wont even be done when I get home from work tomorrow! HA! FACK me.

Actually, it wont be. If it takes one hour for 3%, it will be done early evening tmrw. I will be home before then. What a joke.
  • Chubbs wrote: »
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Tough break for Mexico that is @DirtyDishFC

So I need to make a fitness team and think I am going to use Donovan in it as well (perks of the chemistry) and want to use 4312 because I have had the most success in it. Do I use him at CAM or ST? Going with the rest of the US players in the team that did not make it into my first.

Since we lack true CAM's, I would stick him there. Who are your main strikers, so I know the pool in which you could choose from.

Random thought; Im disappointed that Morris hasnt signed with Seattle cause his card, if it was based off of the ratings they gave him in Fifa 15 (USA was one of the mini games one week). He was 68 rated with like 85-86 pace.

Actually decided to go MLS so going to go Dempsey at one Striker and Oba, Gio, or Gio at the other. Cant choose between the three.

It's too hard, so just use them all ;)

image.jpg
  • Paciga45
    3546 posts National Call-Up
    What's the best 433 MLS/US team look like so far?
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17021 posts World Class
    edited September 2015
    A lot of people give me hate for using Dempsey at midfield there, but don't realize thats where he was in the glory days for me.

Close enough to LM anyways

image.jpg
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something

So I need to make a fitness team and think I am going to use Donovan in it as well (perks of the chemistry) and want to use 4312 because I have had the most success in it. Do I use him at CAM or ST? Going with the rest of the US players in the team that did not make it into my first.

Since we lack true CAM's, I would stick him there. Who are your main strikers, so I know the pool in which you could choose from.

Random thought; Im disappointed that Morris hasnt signed with Seattle cause his card, if it was based off of the ratings they gave him in Fifa 15 (USA was one of the mini games one week). He was 68 rated with like 85-86 pace.

Actually decided to go MLS so going to go Dempsey at one Striker and Oba, Gio, or Gio at the other. Cant choose between the three.

image.jpg

The downside to that team is you're basically starting four STs and two midfielders.
  • hockeyphenom87
    7049 posts Big Money Move
    A lot of people give me hate for using Dempsey at midfield there, but don't realize thats where he was in the glory days for me.

Close enough to LM anyways

image.jpg

I wish he was still in the Premier League. His days at Fulham were incredible. Will be my favorite player of all time, shame his career will end in the next few years. Hope he is around for 2018.

image.jpg

The downside to that team is you're basically starting four STs and two midfielders.

Tbf Giovinco is more suited to a CF/CAM role.. but more so a wide CAM role. He's good here though.

And I typically set up all of my 4-3-1-2 midfields like this.

Creator - Defensive mid - Box to Box.

Works wonders tbh
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    So is centurylink my background stadium because I have Sounders as my supported team? Or is it actually the default?
  • Chubbs
    14272 posts Has That Special Something
    heavymcd wrote: »
    So is centurylink my background stadium because I have Sounders as my supported team? Or is it actually the default?

Because its your supported team. I noticed the same thing with THe Stadium of Light for me, nice little added touch looks really cool.

Because its your supported team. I noticed the same thing with THe Stadium of Light for me, nice little added touch looks really cool.

I haven't checked to see which one mine is. But I do think Hull City's (KC Stadium) looks the most similiar to Houston Dynamo's stadium.

It has the orange nets at least.

@Jfo88
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    I suspected as much. Pretty spiffy.

Have noticed that, unless I'm mistaken, the away supporters section in Clink is wrong. But that's the kind of random detail i expect them to screw up.
  • Chubbs
    Dont know how I missed this

GOALKEEPERS (3): Charlie Horton (Leeds; Cleveland Ohio), Ethan Horvath (Molde; Highlands Ranch, Colo.), Zack Steffen (Freiburg; Downington, Pa.).

DEFENDERS (5): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham Hotspur; Westcliff on Sea, England), Matt Miazga (New York Red Bulls; Clifton, N.J.), Eric Miller (Montreal Impact; Woodbury, Minn.), William Packwood (Unattached; Concord, Mass.), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids; Brighton, Colo.)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Fatai Alashe (San Jose Earthquakes; Northville, Mich.), Gboly Ariyibi (Chesterfield; Arlington, Va.), Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake; Garden Grove, Calif.), Emerson Hyndman (Fulham; Dallas, Texas), Marc Pelosi (San Jose Earthquakes; Sunnyvale, Calif.), Matt Polster (Chicago Fire; Milwaukee, Wis.), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; Gahanna, Ohio), Gedion Zelalem (Rangers; Bethesda, Md.).

FORWARDS (4): Alonso Hernandez (C.D. Juarez; El Paso, Texas), Jerome Kiesewetter (VfB Stuttgart; Berlin, Germany), Jordan Morris (Stanford; Mercer Island, Wash.), Maki Tall (FC Sion; Washington, D.C.).

Shows how many I did not realize played internationally and what about a guy making the roster who isnt on a team? Seems a bit odd (William Packwood)

Also anyone notice someone missing? I did and I am pissed.
    pB19XA25OBUO0.png
  • st4sh0ut
    831 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You guys seen these?

• Helpy
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero

I chose USMNT and Cenutry Link is my background stadium. Looks pretty awesome
  • DirtyDishFC
    11026 posts Moderator

GOALKEEPERS (3): Charlie Horton (Leeds; Cleveland Ohio), Ethan Horvath (Molde; Highlands Ranch, Colo.), Zack Steffen (Freiburg; Downington, Pa.).

DEFENDERS (5): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham Hotspur; Westcliff on Sea, England), Matt Miazga (New York Red Bulls; Clifton, N.J.), Eric Miller (Montreal Impact; Woodbury, Minn.), William Packwood (Unattached; Concord, Mass.), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids; Brighton, Colo.)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Fatai Alashe (San Jose Earthquakes; Northville, Mich.), Gboly Ariyibi (Chesterfield; Arlington, Va.), Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake; Garden Grove, Calif.), Emerson Hyndman (Fulham; Dallas, Texas), Marc Pelosi (San Jose Earthquakes; Sunnyvale, Calif.), Matt Polster (Chicago Fire; Milwaukee, Wis.), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; Gahanna, Ohio), Gedion Zelalem (Rangers; Bethesda, Md.).

FORWARDS (4): Alonso Hernandez (C.D. Juarez; El Paso, Texas), Jerome Kiesewetter (VfB Stuttgart; Berlin, Germany), Jordan Morris (Stanford; Mercer Island, Wash.), Maki Tall (FC Sion; Washington, D.C.).

Shows how many I did not realize played internationally and what about a guy making the roster who isnt on a team? Seems a bit odd (William Packwood)

pB19XA25OBUO0.png

Blame Gil
  • TheRev
    293 posts Sunday League Hero

pB19XA25OBUO0.png

Packwood is a Herzog favorite and oozes potential but has been injury-prone his whole career, which is why I think no club has decided to take a flier on him yet. But if he can stay healthy, he and Matt Miazga should be a solid partnership in central defense.
  • Chubbs
    TheRev wrote: »

pB19XA25OBUO0.png

Packwood is a Herzog favorite and oozes potential but has been injury-prone his whole career, which is why I think no club has decided to take a flier on him yet. But if he can stay healthy, he and Matt Miazga should be a solid partnership in central defense.

Nice, thanks for the heads up. I am trying to do better in keeping track of the younger guys but its hard when they there are so many different levels.
  • Frankenberry

pB19XA25OBUO0.png

What's the deal with Miazga? Is he 100% committing to USA over Poland?
  • Paciga45
    3546 posts National Call-Up

pB19XA25OBUO0.png

I hope so. Miazga is having a great season for the NYRB and could be a future answer for our CB question
  • Chubbs
    Paciga45 wrote: »

pB19XA25OBUO0.png

I hope so. Miazga is having a great season for the NYRB and could be a future answer for our CB question

Yeah but if Brooks and Alvarrado dont start what will we have to talk about in here?
  • Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain

pB19XA25OBUO0.png

Yeah but if Brooks and Alvarrado dont start what will we have to talk about in here?

Lmao
  • TheRev

pB19XA25OBUO0.png

Can't say for sure until he is cap-tied (which appearing in the Olympics wouldn't do, it has to be with the senior team), but he has accepted lots of US call-ups in the past few years while similarly declining Poland call-ups, and while he has tried to keep all the doors open, he has also publicly said his preference at the moment is to represent the US.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on him ending up in the Stars and Stripes, but if he ends up pulling a Neven Subotic, I'm gonna feel mighty stupid.
  • Frankenberry

pB19XA25OBUO0.png

BqSGKcFCEAAUMUn.png
  • TheRev

pB19XA25OBUO0.png

Nice, thanks for the heads up. I am trying to do better in keeping track of the younger guys but its hard when they there are so many different levels.

I don't blame you, Packwood alone is hard to keep track of...he has been sent out on loan so many times I didn't even realize he had ended this past season out on another loan, this time at Cheltenham Town.

• Chubbs

pB19XA25OBUO0.png

BqSGKcFCEAAUMUn.png

Good point. Maybe Benny as well.

Thoughts on if he has a shot in hell of an IF?

pB19XA25OBUO0.png

Lol
  • Frankenberry

pB19XA25OBUO0.png

BqSGKcFCEAAUMUn.png

No idea. The entire TOTW process is pretty dumb, since it's basically whoever scores the most goals at each position, and it's made up of like 30% STs, 20% wingers, 20% attacking mids, and then like 3-4 CDMs/CBs/LBs/RBs.
  • Chubbs

pB19XA25OBUO0.png

BqSGKcFCEAAUMUn.png

No idea. The entire TOTW process is pretty dumb, since it's basically whoever scores the most goals at each position, and it's made up of like 30% STs, 20% wingers, 20% attacking mids, and then like 3-4 CDMs/CBs/LBs/RBs.

If not maybe him or Kamara can be our Community TOTS vote. We can get behind it this year with the whole thread.
This discussion has been closed.