The American Soccer Lounge (National Team & MLS)

Comments

• Chance wrote: »
    MLS bronzes are kinda bad this year.

Silvers are looking as good as ever
  • Chubbs
    14264 posts Has That Special Something
    Bronze cards have always been a terrible waste of space on FIFA.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Chubbs wrote: »

Pretty much. I can count on one hand the number of Bronzes I used last year that weren't Sounders.
  • Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain

• heavymcd
    OT, but are TOTW1 cards pretty safe investments? Kinda want that Jonas for old times sake (and I'm building a NOS squad). With how short the week is for general release, he should be pretty rare? So unless he drops a SIF pretty quickly, he should go up in price pretty nicely?

I mean assuming I wait for a good deal on him.
  • Chubbs
    Yes @heavymcd Payet and Guarin are better options though you probably wont get as good of a deal.

When the inform trading guides get up and running the first week should increase in price by at least 30-40k before they dip back down.
  • heavymcd
    Oh yeah, Jonas isn't the best in the lot. He's just a player I rode hard in 15 and in a league I wanna play. I'll probably pick him up.

Very, very anxious to see what kind of price Ljungberg commands.
  • u bronze haters wtf
  • Chubbs
    I don't pay 60$ to play with people that cant shoot better than me.
  • Chubbs
    heavymcd wrote: »
    Oh yeah, Jonas isn't the best in the lot. He's just a player I rode hard in 15 and in a league I wanna play. I'll probably pick him up.

Keep an eye out for the inform guides and go along with them. That's how I made two million in the first month last year.
  • heavymcd

Keep an eye out for the inform guides and go along with them. That's how I made two million in the first month last year.

Yeah I rode that for at least a million or so last year. And that was towards the end!
  • Chubbs wrote: »

You guys hate what you don't understand :p
    x

Using Bronzes is all about finding the Elite gems.

image.jpg
  • Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain

x

image.jpg
    Would be different if there was bronze seasons last thing I want to do is get slaughtered by a full gold team with a bunch of guys that can barely put a shot on target from 18 yards out
  • Jfo88 wrote: »

x

image.jpg
    Would be different if there was bronze seasons last thing I want to do is get slaughtered by a full gold team with a bunch of guys that can barely put a shot on target from 18 yards out

ye i wouldn't suggest using bronzes unless you're capable of beating golds with it. There's no fun in getting slaughtered.
  • Players I've played in Single matches that use all silver and all bronze squads almost always are D1 players with solid records.

Bronze/Silvers are just another fresh way to play the game after using all the golds you've wanted.
  • Chubbs
    edited September 2015
    Tbf @Reece Tha BEAST if there were bronzes with stats like that still I'd be all over them. I have no interest in people that don't have 70 dribbling 65 shooting 65 pass and so on. I did enjoy the bronze ST from LA Villarreal the past two years though. The rest made be nauseous. That doenst look like the right spelling but f it. Test time
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    Bronze/Silvers are just another fresh way to play the game after using all the golds you've wanted.

Bronze/silver players also love to remind you that they are using bronze and silver players against your gold team:

"lol i beat ur amazing team with my bronzes u r so bad"

"lol u only beat me because ur team is better"
  • st4sh0ut
    831 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Jfo88 wrote: »

x

image.jpg

Many bronze can actually do that. i.e. this guy:

U88iEU3.png
  • Chubbs
    That card looks awful
  • Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain
    st4sh0ut wrote: »
    Jfo88 wrote: »

x

image.jpg

Many bronze can actually do that. i.e. this guy:

U88iEU3.png

I know there is a few good ones but using a full bronze team is like going to the World Cup with your u-17 team just to much of a disadvantage
  • Bronze/Silvers are just another fresh way to play the game after using all the golds you've wanted.

Bronze/silver players also love to remind you that they are using bronze and silver players against your gold team:

"lol i beat ur amazing team with my bronzes u r so bad"

"lol u only beat me because ur team is better"

Oh definitely they do, they are like the mass majority of players though.

No matter what team you or I use, if the other team loses they are going to have some kind of excuse.

If I used my Ronaldo-Messi team it was "You won because ur op team"

If i used my silver/bronze houston dynamo team it was
    "Handicap"

If i used my tots Dybala, tots Zardes squads then they just say.
    " those silvers are way better than my golds"

People are never satisfied with losing lol
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17021 posts World Class
    edited September 2015
    There are bronzes than can go against golds for a full 90

Sokolowski was definitely one of them.

http://www.futhead.com/15/players/6507/tomasz-sokolowski/

Moffat always has been, but he's gone this yr :/
  • Chubbs
    Moffat was good lol forgot about him. Used him to link McCormack and MLS defense. As a majority I just find them boring. Might be because its so hard to actually play bronze v bronze. Never found a game in the tourney.
  • Chubbs
    Was Rowe bronze last year? If so he was good too.
  • heavymcd
    Ashe was good. Finlay was playable. Bronze fullbacks can be good because all they need is pace and a bit of strength. I also had some luck with Andy Rose last year.

But for the most part, awful.

In other news, Osvaldo Alonso's dad just got a visa to visit. Hasn't seen him in like eight years. Good stuff!

#thanksobama
  • heavymcd
    Oh and damn they aren't playing around on wide price ranges for informs. Jonas is 190K Max it looks like. And one is bid up to 22k. Sheesh. So maybe I won't bother. Not for an IF (an SIF maybe).
  • I can't even get on the transfer market! :( I loved playing with my Bronze team this year, but a few of the players are now Silver. I will make separate MLS Bronze, Silver and Gold teams and of course an all USA team and USA Silver team. Every year I pick one other major league and make a team, but this year I think I will stick with those squads. This should be a great year for us!
  • Chubbs
    Oh and damn they aren't playing around on wide price ranges for informs. Jonas is 190K Max it looks like. And one is bid up to 22k. Sheesh. So maybe I won't bother. Not for an IF (an SIF maybe).

He will be 20-30k once game is out on early access imo. Then will be 60-70k second week when everyone on the forums starts creating hype threads about first informs.
  • Chubbs
    edited September 2015
    You bronze sympathizers finish this with some MLS or USMNT players that are "good"

d82f347c51c27c9cc9db65277a4417c5.png
  • I love how John Anthony Brooks gets a gold card. Doesn't seem deserving to me. Also, Benny's shot should be way better than a 69. FIFA always screws the american players. Have you guys seen the USA classic 2002 world cup jersey?

Surely you watch him play in the Bundesliga, not just with the men's team?

No I don't. He does so bad for the USA team that I don't want to force myself to watch how he does for a crappy bottom of the league team so I can yell at him more.
This discussion has been closed.