The American Soccer Lounge (National Team & MLS)

Comments

• My starter pack gave me Palmer brown and zendejas :p
  • Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain
    Based on the disappointingly large number of 74 AS silver cards this past year, here are some good MLS silvers that really need to get an IF sometime before next June (so they can get a gold AS card in 2016):

Matt Besler
    Maurice Edu
    Lee Nguyen
    Jozy Altidore
    Kendall Waston
    Darlington Nagbe
    Juninho
    Gyasi Zardes (would probably need a 73 IF and 74 SIF)
    Ike Opara (would probably need a 73 IF and 74 SIF)
    Ethan Finlay (would probably need a 73 IF and 74 SIF)
    Sebastian Lletget (would probably need an IF, SIF, and 74 TIF before next June)

I don't know about you guys, but I definitely prefer cheap gold TOTS cards over 100k+ silver ones. A lot of these guys probably won't make the 2016 AS game, but it would be great to see a few more MLS IFs before the end of the season.

Yep imagine zardes price if he was an 80 instead of a 74 in fifa 15 and he would have been miles better
  • hockeyphenom87
    7049 posts Big Money Move
    Got Rubin, Mapp and Riley in my packs. Decent, Rubin looks alright.

I have 5k right now, discarding every player but them and Ilicevic(Croatian silver). Trading begins tmrw!
  • DirtyDishFC
    11026 posts Moderator
    So with 1k I got Valdez (OP on 15 and for 350 coins a great starter striker)..finishes everything in the box for me this last year. Ivanschitz for 350 coins...great free kick taker plus for me Seattle makes him an easy choice. Finally for 350 coins Feilhaber.

Then I found a gem for 500 coins. Barrios 92 pace RM 4* skills...his other stats are meh but for a starter team, I will take it
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    So with 1k I got Valdez (OP on 15 and for 350 coins a great starter striker)..finishes everything in the box for me this last year. Ivanschitz for 350 coins...great free kick taker plus for me Seattle makes him an easy choice. Finally for 350 coins Feilhaber.

Then I found a gem for 500 coins. Barrios 92 pace RM 4* skills...his other stats are meh but for a starter team, I will take it

Ha, great minds and all that...grabbed Ivanschitz and Valdez too. They sell for discard, no reason not to. Also grabbed Leo for 200, which was a steal (still a rare bronze). Relisted him for a decent profit, he was he only one up. If he doesn't go, then obviously he's in the lineup.

Haven't seen Centurylink up yet.
  • Chubbs
    14272 posts Has That Special Something
    Just picked up ream for 200c lets go.
  • Chubbs
    I feel like @Frankenberry has all of the Lynden Gooch's on the market because they are price gauging the heck out of them.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    gfY8lUw.png
  • Chubbs
    Trying to figure out if @Frankenberry really took the time to photoshop or for some reason has really bought 6 Gooch cards whenI am really the only one who will play fut that wants him.
  • heavymcd
    All I hear when I see this thread:

Only replace "hooch" with "gooch" of course.
  • Chubbs
    HAHA I put this on the SAFC forum when he debuted for the first team! I remember when this came out
  • DirtyDishFC
    11026 posts Moderator
    I got Waston for 1700 relisted for like 5k (web app is so slow and I dont feel like looking).

Just got Kemar Lawrence for 350 coins and Giles Barnes for 300 coins. Giles may be good a good deal but Im confident that I will make a profit on Kemar.
  • Chubbs
    Yedlin 10k Max, if you want one early might best to get him now. Could see him not being on market without price range increase after release. Could be wrong though.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11026 posts Moderator
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Yedlin 10k Max, if you want one early might best to get him now. Could see him not being on market without price range increase after release. Could be wrong though.

Yeah the thought crossed my mind. I have half my coins invested right now. Decent investments I think and Im not buying any, at this time, that I wouldnt just put in a starter squad.

If I used investments (plus players I kept) my lineup would be:

ST-Valdez
    CF-Barnes
    LM-Ivanschitz
    CM-Feilhaber
    CM- N/A
    RM-Barrios (92 pace 4* skills)
    LB-Kemar Lawrence
    CB- Watson
    CB-Edu (200 coins lol)
    RB-N/A
    GK-N/A

Not too bad for a total of 4,050 coins
  • Blake
    4830 posts National Call-Up
    Picked up an MVLee for a grand, looks a great silver this year, as do a lot of others. MLS looks like it will be a great league for Silvers again
  • st4sh0ut
    831 posts An Exciting Prospect
    At the start of FUT, I always make a "West Indian" (mostly Jamaican's and Trinidadians) team. This is what I got so far.

vElCFDz.png

Got most of these guys for 150 coins. Sadly there's no LM so I'll have to use Molino on 6 chem :(
  • I love how John Anthony Brooks gets a gold card. Doesn't seem deserving to me. Also, Benny's shot should be way better than a 69. FIFA always screws the american players. Have you guys seen the USA classic 2002 world cup jersey?
  • Chubbs
    c6a2278b0480ead691a9d26a59678f56.png

a 76 isnt that great, stats arent that bad. not overrated imo
  • heavymcd
    I'm basically starting out with a Sounders squad. From there I'll start optimizing an MLS squad. But the expensive Sounders are all guys I want for the latter anyway (Dempsey, Martins, Alonso) and the cheap ones are all at discard right now. Already have Valdez, Ivan, Leo, Mears, Frei, Evans. I'll have a whole eleven after a match or two with boosts.
  • heavymcd
    Probably do Sounders, MLS, Colombia, Liga NOS in roughly that order.
  • Chubbs wrote: »

I just don't think he deserves the gold card. I think a more deserving player would be Besler for a gold but he got left out of that.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11026 posts Moderator
    Got myself a Powell and Lletget. Most of the guys I got are the only ones on the market (360)
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    FIFA always screws the american players

Gold USA NIFs at start of FUT15: 7
    Gold USA NIFs at start of FUT16: 14 (including Donovan and Lalas)

We also went from 0 gold defenders in the entire FUT15 (including IFs, TOTS, etc.) to 4 gold defenders at the start of FUT16.
  • st4sh0ut
    831 posts An Exciting Prospect

We also went from 0 gold defenders in the entire FUT15 (including IFs, TOTS, etc.) to 4 gold defenders at the start of FUT16.

This. USA came out pretty good in FUT16.
  • Helpy
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've been holding out until the release of TOTW 1 before I log in since I heard there's a free pack to be had. Is this true?

Also to continue the MLS support discussion from the 15 thread, I do like the Columbus Crew. A very good friend of mine was a regular at the games during his time at OSU and had some awesome stories to share. That said.. The Galaxy are a sexy team and both our shiny new legends played with them. Time to flip a coin haha.
  • Chance
    1769 posts Play-Off Hero

I have to say that I think they were pretty generous with ratings in general for MLS and the USA. It seems to me like 80% of the players went up (and I know that has to do with the algorithm).

• Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain

I just don't think he deserves the gold card. I think a more deserving player would be Besler for a gold but he got left out of that.

zVs3FE4.jpg
  • Chubbs
    Jfo88 wrote: »

zVs3FE4.jpg

So many A1 gifs and memes from that movie, nice job. I am making it my goal to incorporate many of them in my posts over the next week.
  • Chance
    1769 posts Play-Off Hero
    MLS bronzes are kinda bad this year.
  • I love how John Anthony Brooks gets a gold card. Doesn't seem deserving to me. Also, Benny's shot should be way better than a 69. FIFA always screws the american players. Have you guys seen the USA classic 2002 world cup jersey?

Surely you watch him play in the Bundesliga, not just with the men's team?
This discussion has been closed.