5% Transfer Fee...Why?

Addicksfan
3382 posts National Call-Up
I have never fully understood the transfer tax in Fifa, where does it go? is there a super agent out there somewhere living the life of Riley?? Since the introduction of price ranges why do they still do it??

Comments

  • CandyRat
    7816 posts League Winner
    Stops inflation
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2015
    Slows inflation
  • Addicksfan
    3382 posts National Call-Up
    What even with price ranges??
  • CandyRat
    7816 posts League Winner
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    What even with price ranges??

    Coins are being made through games and FP. They need to go somewhere or else there will be too many coins floating around. They slow down inflation with packs and this fee
  • Dog
    3208 posts National Call-Up
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    What even with price ranges??
    ... Of course
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    Price ranges make no difference to inflation or deflation.

    There are coins being generated constantly, so EA need a way to counteract that otherwise there would be more and more coins available which will devalue coins in general.
  • Diggy
    14748 posts Has That Special Something
    Price ranges are there for the same reason & to stop coin selling they are a good thing
  • JohnChelle
    6836 posts Big Money Move
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    I have never fully understood the transfer tax in Fifa, where does it go? is there a super agent out there somewhere living the life of Riley?? Since the introduction of price ranges why do they still do it??

    But they are virtual coins they don't need to go anywhere they could just vanish - ea don't need to code it so the coins go somewhere
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    Diggy wrote: »
    Price ranges are there for the same reason & to stop coin selling they are a good thing

    Prices ranges don't stop inflation they cap market value, which is not the same thing.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    JohnChelle wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    I have never fully understood the transfer tax in Fifa, where does it go? is there a super agent out there somewhere living the life of Riley?? Since the introduction of price ranges why do they still do it??

    But they are virtual coins they don't need to go anywhere they could just vanish - ea don't need to code it so the coins go somewhere

    What!! They just disappear! That's sounds like witchcraft to me!! Burn him!! Buuuurrrrnnn HIM!!
  • JohnChelle
    6836 posts Big Money Move
    Robes wrote: »
    JohnChelle wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    I have never fully understood the transfer tax in Fifa, where does it go? is there a super agent out there somewhere living the life of Riley?? Since the introduction of price ranges why do they still do it??

    But they are virtual coins they don't need to go anywhere they could just vanish - ea don't need to code it so the coins go somewhere

    What!! They just disappear! That's sounds like witchcraft to me!! Burn him!! Buuuurrrrnnn HIM!!

    At least tie me to a chair and see if I float first before you accuse me of witchcraft
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    He turned me into a newt.

    A newt?

    I got better.
  • Addicksfan
    3382 posts National Call-Up
    I Understand inflation and the points you are all making, but given that we now have price ranges to essentially halt inflation, you can't sell the card for anymore than it's max, then why do they need to take the tax....your only going to be able to make a certain amount of profit on a player. Also if you take away the tax and keep price ranges I would think that would help reduce the number of extinct cards...yes you would be buying at higher prices (potentially max) but you'd be selling higher to.
  • Addicksfan
    3382 posts National Call-Up
    Robes wrote: »
    JohnChelle wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    I have never fully understood the transfer tax in Fifa, where does it go? is there a super agent out there somewhere living the life of Riley?? Since the introduction of price ranges why do they still do it??

    But they are virtual coins they don't need to go anywhere they could just vanish - ea don't need to code it so the coins go somewhere

    What!! They just disappear! That's sounds like witchcraft to me!! Burn him!! Buuuurrrrnnn HIM!!

    No they don't, I saw this guy the other day trying to buy a yacht with FUT coins....
  • JohnChelle
    6836 posts Big Money Move
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    He turned me into a newt.

    A newt?

    I got better.

    You promised you wouldn't tell them .

    Ps robes are you visionary robes from the old forun? Or am I thick ?
  • RadioShaq
    16075 posts Moderator
    Its to stop inflation. Although it would be nice if we could file taxes and get a return.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    JohnChelle wrote: »
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    He turned me into a newt.

    A newt?

    I got better.

    You promised you wouldn't tell them .

    Ps robes are you visionary robes from the old forun? Or am I thick ?

    Aye that's me! Recognise my sarcastic undertones eh!? :)
  • JohnChelle
    6836 posts Big Money Move
    Robes wrote: »
    JohnChelle wrote: »
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    He turned me into a newt.

    A newt?

    I got better.

    You promised you wouldn't tell them .

    Ps robes are you visionary robes from the old forun? Or am I thick ?

    Aye that's me! Recognise my sarcastic undertones eh!? :)

    Ha I have been following you for some time .... :D
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    JohnChelle wrote: »
    Robes wrote: »
    JohnChelle wrote: »
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    He turned me into a newt.

    A newt?

    I got better.

    You promised you wouldn't tell them .

    Ps robes are you visionary robes from the old forun? Or am I thick ?

    Aye that's me! Recognise my sarcastic undertones eh!? :)

    Ha I have been following you for some time .... :D

    Ah my very own stalker! Awesome! :lol:
    Would that be from when I went on a super helpful Anti-lag campaign a couple of years ago? :)
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4383 posts National Call-Up
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    I Understand inflation and the points you are all making, but given that we now have price ranges to essentially halt inflation, you can't sell the card for anymore than it's max, then why do they need to take the tax....your only going to be able to make a certain amount of profit on a player. Also if you take away the tax and keep price ranges I would think that would help reduce the number of extinct cards...yes you would be buying at higher prices (potentially max) but you'd be selling higher to.

    No.

    If you didn't have the tax the amount of coins everyone would have would be constantly increasing, apart from pack expenditure, so you would eventually end up with the same situation as this year.

    Everyone would have loads of coins and things would then go extinct again.


Sign In or Register to comment.