Being a better FIFA than 15, doesn't mean it's A Good Game !

The Legend
313 posts Sunday League Hero
Simple as that.
Some people are way too impressed with FIFA16 Demo just because it gives them a better experience than FIFA 15 which had a lot of flaws, but does that mean FIFA 16 Demo is a real good game?

In Fact, it can be a real good & a historical edition too, if & only if EA managed to just wisely modify some little things with cautious & balance without affecting other good parts of the game.

When you add that aggressive interception system in the game this year with a lot of development in defensive positioning, you should have kept passing more fluid & less random like it is now, simply because doing both things (Adding Interceptions+Nerfing Passing) just resulted in almost killing the possibility of playing a possession game with TIKI TAKA style & when you add to those 2 additions, how they nerfed shooting & 1/1 finishing, the result is:

Killing the ability to play from the middle with passing & possession totally coz. even if you managed for one or 2 times maximum in the game to create a chance that way, you will hardly be able to finish it right.

What if we add to this how they killed dribbling, then what are the options left for us?

So, your only option to attack & score will simply be using Crosses/Headers as much as you can which will result in a worse edition than FIFA 14, even FIFA 14 gave you the ability to play possession & use the style you like, but on 16 I see it forces us to spam crossess/headers all the way because the middle is very hard to pass & even if you managed, you probably won't be able to finish the chance.

Passing has to be made better to cope with the aggressive interception system.
Dribbling/Agility has to get better especially for those with higher stats in those parts.
Shooting & 1/1 has to be fixed & it's against logic that keepers are way giants versus 1/1 while they are so stupid really in most crosses. That's not how football works in real life.

It's easy to make that game a great one but will they do it?

Comments

• The Legend
    edited September 2015
    waiting to hear opinions ..
    Post edited by The Legend on
  • You speak wise words my friend i agree with everything you said.
  • RonSwanson
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    You're judging a 2 weeks old build. Pretty pointless. Things will be fixed/different.
  • The Legend
    RonSwanson wrote: »
    You're judging a 2 weeks old build. Pretty pointless. Things will be fixed/different.

U never know mate, plus we are all judging the current demo not only me :)
  • Mourinho
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They want to reward dumb players and this means sacrifice the gameplay, you cant make a balanced game without helping noobs with the AI, why its so hard to score without crosses and headers? because the AI auto defending its OP then you cant have a variety of goals because the defense its hard to pass no matter if you are skilled player because the AI tracks perfectly your opponent players and the AI auto tackle makes a perfect work, then the only easy way to score will be crosses and headers, after reading your thoughts i will skip fifa 16, sadly games are designed now to reward dumb people.
  • RonSwanson
    edited September 2015
    What I know is it's a 2 weeks old demo. It's the same, every year. Gameplay is fixed/different when the actual game comes out. The demo (that is never representative of the final product as you know) is just here to give a little preview of what the gameplay will be.

"Being a better FIFA than 15, doesn't mean it's A Good Game !" You have not played the game, you've played a demo of a build that will be about one month old of balancing and bug fixing when the 1.01 comes out in 2 weeks, and I'm not even talking about day one patches...
  • The Legend
    You have not played the game, you've played a demo of a build that will be about one month old of balancing and bug fixing when the 1.01 comes out in 2 weeks, and I'm not even talking about day one patches...

I hope U r right & they do fix it & that's the point of my criticism to the current build as I don't want the final one to be exactly like it in terms of passing/dribbling/shooting.

• RonSwanson
    I hope they won't listen to the wrong people (noob abusers) like last year, so that we don't end up with an unplayable pile of **** by the end of november.
  • eladlad
    565 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I hope they won't listen to the wrong people (noob abusers) like last year, so that we don't end up with an unplayable pile of **** by the end of november.
    This a milion times

• Vivvid
    568 posts Sunday League Hero
    FIFA 15 was the most balanced fifa i've ever played since FIFA 12, you just needed to balance your squad by changing players and finding the perfect one in terms of workrates so as to balance the team, and then not many players do this but having a CUSTOM TACTIC is what improves your player's responsiveness, runs, and their AI. Then, the stamina punishes players who rush at you, so by the 75th minute you could walk around him

Fifa 14 i didn't like it because there was high pressure you didn't have time to think because Ramires would run at you and your Iniesta was useless against an angry Ramires, plus i conceded so many headers from people who were lower than 5'9

Fifa 13 was the worst, i really hated it even when i was winning, too ping pong for my liking

Fifa 12 is when i started to get into UT and even when Pace was the biggest issue, Puyol 86 rated was useless against a pacey Bronze, it was fun because there weren't divisions so you didn't came up againsta competitive player so often
  • The Legend
    Vivvid wrote: »
    FIFA 15 was the most balanced fifa i've ever played since FIFA 12,

It was prior to November Patch, but after that it became the worst edition in terms of balance !
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    There will never be a perfect game, all people are looking for is something better than the previous versions, which is something the Demo seems to achieve, but it's too early to tell.
  • FiremanTOR
    70 posts Park Captain
    FIFA and sports gamers in general are pretty ignorant to the fact that their games still look like they were made in 2008 and are not up to par to gaming standard of today.

This is ofcourse because there is nothing better out there, so each improvement must be praised because it's always a step in the right direction. How long did we have sprited crowds for, like 2012?
    Absolutely hilarious. We didn't even have 3D grass until FIFA 15 did we? And now the ball finally leaves a trail behind it.

Improvements? Yes. Impressive? No.

Animations and the ragdoll physics still don't work properly. A.I. is still basic as ❤️❤️❤️❤️, still bumping into you every <x> seconds because you decide to not run straight forward.

I'll wait for Career Mode, there seem to be some improvements in that, but we'll see.
  • semia172
    2187 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have to say I score pretty much the same goals as in 15, some more finesse but ya...
  • RadioShaq
    19140 posts Moderator
    I don't think it killed off possession. I mean it probably killed off blind ping pong passing while there was no defense.
  • The Legend
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I don't think it killed off possession. I mean it probably killed off blind ping pong passing while there was no defense.

Try it on Legendary, there's no point of playing possession as it will not lead to any good thing except once every 10 times maximum.

• RadioShaq
    19140 posts Moderator
    I am not to worried how it will play on legendary. Hopefully they fix cpu balance for you as I never play against it.
  • Antiversum
    5890 posts Big Money Move
    The Legend wrote: »
    Vivvid wrote: »
    FIFA 15 was the most balanced fifa i've ever played since FIFA 12,

It was prior to November Patch, but after that it became the worst edition in terms of balance !

FIFA15 was never balanced.