Seriously... IFs?

Slobasp
1048 posts Professional
Aren't they the worst waste of coins ever? I can see the benefit if there's a serious position change (is NIF Bale really that bad on 7 chem as ST?) but is IF Aguero really worth 5m+ over the up?

Or is everyone just spending the coins they've bought? ;)

Comments

• Libguy
    4965 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah, the upgrades on first informs is usually pretty minimal and might not have much of an effect on gameplay. IF Ibra has +2 finishing, +2 shot power, +1 positioning, +1 reactions. What do those upgraded stats really mean in terms of the gameplay? If NIF Ibra scores 30 goals out of 100 chances, what would his inform have scored if given the exact same chances? 31? 35? 40? We really have no idea. If it amounts to something like an extra goal or two over a fairly large sample size, it'd hardly be noticeable in-game.

I like to buy informs sometimes just because they look nice. You have to spend your coins on something.
  • unklej
    1136 posts Professional
    Libguy wrote: »
    You have to spend your coins on something.

This.
  • Suarez8
    1162 posts Professional
    They also used to be good investments.
  • Verstappen
    4225 posts National Call-Up
    unklej wrote: »
    Libguy wrote: »
    You have to spend your coins on something.

This.

• BangBruvsGaming
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    We typically just buy the cheaper ones. For example I wouldn't buy a IF Ronaldo when I can get his regular for 7 mil less, but if we can get IF Fellaini for 25k instead of 1k, then sure..why not?
  • Libguy
    4965 posts National Call-Up
    We typically just buy the cheaper ones. For example I wouldn't buy a IF Ronaldo when I can get his regular for 7 mil less, but if we can get IF Fellaini for 25k instead of 1k, then sure..why not?

Definitely this too. I bought IF Chik because he was so cheap. Sure, I probably couldn't tell the difference between his NIF and the IF, but he's one of I think two players with dual five-stars and the black card just looks nice.