Bateson87's Tweet

Lamelasaurus
840 posts An Exciting Prospect
Scrolling through twitter and I came across this tweet by Bateson87
24289f76fd65f64efff8296ea020c0bf.png

He said that they were all £50 cards, so as the said cnut I am I did some unnecessary math.
From first look their is around 106 Pre-Paid cards,
106x50= £5,300. Over 5 grand on a game, seems like an awful lot, but hey it's not my money.

£5,300 will get you roughly 70 lots of 12,000 FP, which totals to 840,000 Fifa Points. Yes, eight hundred and forty thousand FIFA Points.

840,000 FP will get you 5,600 7.5k Packs (at 150 FP a pack)

So 5,600 packs he can open, say he earns 10k back from each pack, factoring in bad discard packs to amazing pulls, because 5,600 packs is bound to get you something half decent.
5,600x10,000=56,000,000

YES, Bateson will have 56 Million coins on his account on the first few days of FIFA, I know for EA they have just earned nearly £6,000 from someone, but their attitude towards coin buying is that they don't want any FIFA player having an unfair advantage over others, surely this falls in to that category, only coin buying means EA earn nothing, and we can't have that can we. :|

Maybe it's just me but this would allow Bateson to buy any player on the market, providing he doesn't pack them with those 840,000 FIFA Points, and that is a huge advantage over what I will have, maybe I'll get £30 worth of FP, But this is a minuscule amount compared to the colossal figure that Bateson will have.

TLDR; A YT'er will have 840,000 FP to spend on backs, equalling at least 56m coins on their account

Would like to know other people's views towards this, I for one think this is ridiculous

Comments

• Diggy
    13766 posts Has That Special Something
    It's his money & he wants views guess it's only way to go for him

What do you want EA to do limit the amount of FP you can buy can't see them doing that
  • CandyRat
    7815 posts League Winner
    Pay to win, EA are a company that wants to make money. Taking out coin sellers is as good for them as it is for us as it makes them more money through fifa points. They don't care about what you are trying to say.
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    You can get a £50 card from cdkeys for £45.90

So by my calculation that idiot just wasted £434.60.
  • MrJgfui
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    He doesn't spend this money for his own , he is investing in this game so he ll get early players like CR7 , many pack openings and probably many fut draft videos which means more clicks/views -> money
  • TheChosenJuan
    2022 posts Fans' Favourite
    He was probably given that from a sponsor. Worst case scenario he paid but will make it back tenfold.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    edited September 2015
    What makes you think he will get 10k per pack? No way will he sell the contents from each pack, which maybe at the beginning of the game, would allot 10k on average. 12 items per pack means his trade pile is conceivably full withing 9 packs, now since people will be buying items, it will probably take about 20 packs.

I opened 124k FP's last fall around release and I made maybe 2.4 million. That is 1/8th of his expenditure so he will probably have 16 million. I had the money, at the time, from bonuses to waste so it was merely a learning experience.

By the way, EA dont care if someone has an unfair advantage as long as it doesnt violate their TOS. He did the same thing last year and they reset him for other TOS violations, just saying.
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    What makes you think he will get 10k per pack? No way will he sell the contents from each pack, which maybe at the beginning of the game, would allot 10k on average. 12 items per pack means his trade pile is conceivably full withing 13 packs, now since people will be buying items, it will probably take about 20 packs.

I opened 124k FP's last fall around release and I made maybe 2.4 million. That is 1/8th of his expenditure so he will probably have 16 million. I had the money, at the time, from bonuses to waste so it was merely a learning experience.

By the way, EA dont care if someone has an unfair advantage as long as it doesnt violate their TOS. He did the same thing last year and they reset him for other TOS violations, just saying.

You are lucky to average 50% back on the pack coin value.

Means I agree lol.
  • MrJgfui
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If he's smart then he will not sale the consumables but as tbh when you are able to buy over 7500 packs then you don't care about it.
  • Lamelasaurus
    Diggy wrote: »
    It's his money & he wants views guess it's only way to go for him

What do you want EA to do limit the amount of FP you can buy can't see them doing that

I said that, fair enough, he probably only bought 1/4 of those the rest were given to him, I understand that but EA made it clear they want the game to be fair, how the f*** is someone buying 840,000 FP Fair, if someone bought 56m coins from a coin sel
    What makes you think he will get 10k per pack? No way will he sell the contents from each pack, which maybe at the beginning of the game, would allot 10k on average. 12 items per pack means his trade pile is conceivably full withing 13 packs, now since people will be buying items, it will probably take about 20 packs.

10k is a rough estimate, say he gets Ronaldo, Messi, Hazard Etc. that is going to be a few million right there. players like Remy, Ibarbo will be 10k+ easily at the start of the game

• KotiMursu
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2015
    he most probably earns atleast 50x that, it's his way of creating content and making money. to make money you have to invest money yeah? is it unfair that rich people have an advantage on life?

E: he could've chose to buy something else and most probably get a lot more bang for his buck, but he chose to do it legitimately. are we going to bash him for that?
  • Lamelasaurus
    I really have no problem with him buying the FP, I know it's his money, I have a problem that If every YT'er does this, what make FIFA 16 different from the last few years?
  • CandyRat
    7815 posts League Winner
    Glitches ruined FUT, not a few youtubers
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    Every YTer that has a decent amount of subscribers could do this and it wont affect a fraction of what illegal coins did last year. I think you are massively overrating the affect that 1000 youtubers have 16 million would have in comparison to 10's of thousand (conservatively) of people having over 16 million.

Plus the majority of these people play on PS because EA/PS have shown a lack of understanding to reach in and stop the glitch on that console compared to Xbox.

Like I said, illegal coin farmers would make more, in total, in a week and sell their goods than all the YTers making their coins of FP's in an entire year. I dont think that is embellishing either. There was literally billions in illegal coins sold.

I remember a guy on twitter, for Fifa 14, that was a coin farmer, bragging about he made near 7 figures (USD) himself.
  • Marano94
    275 posts Sunday League Hero
    Have you factored in the 10 % discount from ea access, or does that account for nothing here as hes buying gift cards?
  • RadioShaq
    15244 posts Moderator
    I don't see the problem he will be adding to cheaper prices.
  • ContraCode64
    2090 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2015
    EA don't care about people having an "unfair advantage". That was just a line spun to help justify price ranges because coinsellers were profiting at EA's expense. If they did, they'd limit the amount of FP you can buy per day/week like they do with the amount of XP you can earn.

As for Bateson, I can't blame him for funding a mass pack opening. It's lazy/quick content for easy views. He'll probably just discard the dupes anyway.
  • Milky
    4684 posts National Call-Up
    dat b fun
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    EA probably sponsors him under the table. Doesn't really matter though, because as soon as this years coin glitch is found, the forums and fida in general will be crawling with "experienced traders"
  • A Crafty Gamer
    724 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It injects some players into the market early on and lowers prices, so I'm cool with it.

I dont tell people how to spend their money. Good for him.
  • Wordlesspoet8
    3185 posts National Call-Up
    makes no sense for a guy like him to waste so much money on points when he's gonna get sponsored by a coin seller anyway.
  • Wordlesspoet8
    edited September 2015
    Every YTer that has a decent amount of subscribers could do this and it wont affect a fraction of what illegal coins did last year. I think you are massively overrating the affect that 1000 youtubers have 16 million would have in comparison to 10's of thousand (conservatively) of people having over 16 million.

Plus the majority of these people play on PS because EA/PS have shown a lack of understanding to reach in and stop the glitch on that console compared to Xbox.

Like I said, illegal coin farmers would make more, in total, in a week and sell their goods than all the YTers making their coins of FP's in an entire year. I dont think that is embellishing either. There was literally billions in illegal coins sold.

I remember a guy on twitter, for Fifa 14, that was a coin farmer, bragging about he made near 7 figures (USD) himself.
    that last sentence is **** up if true
  • Azof
    16905 posts World Class
    The scenes when FP carry over and he could have got that much for just over 800 quid
  • Dionysus
    90 posts Park Captain
    It makes absolutely no difference, yes he is drawing in 56,000,000 coins (or whatever the figure is) but he is adding product (players) to the market.
  • istancfc
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bateson moved away from coin sponsors ages ago,
    He's just investing in his channel as any smart business man would do.
  • Smudge
    4643 posts National Call-Up
    I doubt this is even his picture tbh
  • KingLionel10
    15072 posts World Class
    Smudge wrote: »
    I doubt this is even his picture tbh

Probs is, sure he done it last year too

• lf2009
    2257 posts Fans' Favourite

He said that they were all £50 cards, so as the said cnut I am I did some unnecessary math.
    106x50= £5,300. Over 5 grand on a game, seems like an awful lot, but hey it's not my money.

£5,300 will get you roughly 70 lots of 12,000 FP, which totals to 840,000 Fifa Points. Yes, eight hundred and forty thousand FIFA Points.

So 5,600 packs he can open, say he earns 10k back from each pack, factoring in bad discard packs to amazing pulls, because 5,600 packs is bound to get you something half decent.
    5,600x10,000=56,000,000

YES, Bateson will have 56 Million coins on his account on the first few days of FIFA, I know for EA they have just earned nearly £6,000 from someone, but their attitude towards coin buying is that they don't want any FIFA player having an unfair advantage over others, surely this falls in to that category, only coin buying means EA earn nothing, and we can't have that can we. :|

Maybe it's just me but this would allow Bateson to buy any player on the market, providing he doesn't pack them with those 840,000 FIFA Points, and that is a huge advantage over what I will have, maybe I'll get £30 worth of FP, But this is a minuscule amount compared to the colossal figure that Bateson will have.

TLDR; A YT'er will have 840,000 FP to spend on backs, equalling at least 56m coins on their account

Would like to know other people's views towards this, I for one think this is ridiculous

So now people arent allowed to spend their disposable income because thats an advantage over others who dont earn the same, thats all im getting from your post.

If you could afford more than £30 worth of fp you would no?
  • Wordlesspoet8
    istancfc wrote: »
    Bateson moved away from coin sponsors ages ago,
    He's just investing in his channel as any smart business man would do.
    didnt know that, cred to him. I'm still pretty certain he got those cards for free or at least a huge discount
  • Azof
    16905 posts World Class
    lf2009 wrote: »

5,600x10,000=56,000,000

So now people arent allowed to spend their disposable income because thats an advantage over others who dont earn the same, thats all im getting from your post.

If you could afford more than £30 worth of fp you would no?

Replace FP with coins and everyone loses their minds
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17261 posts World Class
    He makes money off the game, it's his job