The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

PS4 Screensize/Aspect ratio

lordCriper
314 posts Sunday League Hero
Have they fixed the screensize issue on PS4 that has plagued the whole lifespan of Fifa 15, from the demo til now? Anyone know?

Comments

• Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    What was the issue?
  • lordCriper
    It has been posted on here before. I don't have any screenshots unfortunately. But the picture on PS4 seems like it's zoomed. The scoreboard in the upper left is right on the edge of the screen, where it should be a couple of inches further down. The same goes for the EA logo in the upper right corner. And the controlled player names in the bottom corners.
    The only way to get it right is to shrink the screen size in the PS4 settings, which would screw up the picture in other games, who's developers have coded it right.

• Joonlar
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This issue is a pain because it's the only game that requires you to alter the "display size" setting to provide an accurate picture, meaning you have to change it everytime you play FIFA, then change it back when everytime you play another game...

I'm presuming that due to some coding fault they were not able patch a fix for this in FIFA 15, which is why it never got resolved. I mean, they can't not know that this is an issue. So hopefully with a new game and fresh start it they will have it correct from the beginning.
  • lordCriper
    Well, we can only hope. But this is EA and their Fifa team. I'd have to wait and see after release if they've managed to get this right I guess.
  • Joonlar
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    lordCriper wrote: »
    Well, we can only hope. But this is EA and their Fifa team. I'd have to wait and see after release if they've managed to get this right I guess.

If it's fixed in the demo then it should be good. We'll see tomorrow I guess.