Trainers

Orison
48727 posts FIFA Cover Star
So yesterday I looked through a few XBOX One offers and I saw that Microsoft will upgrade the XBOX One to Windows 10 and that leads me to my question: Will it actually be possible to use trainers on XBOX One? Because if it´s possible to do that with Windows 10, I think that could lead to a few interesting effects:
1. Many Asian and Eastern European trainer users who only hack to sell the coins, would switch from PC to XBOX One, because, let´s be honest, there would be 100 times more money to make.
2. As soon as that would happen, coins on XBOX would become cheaper and EA would see their "cash cow" in danger and would probably actually do something against trainers and since the solution would be made for a Windows OS, I guess it would be a solution for PC too.

So what do you think, will it be possible to run trainers on XBOX One when they upgrade it to Windows 10 and what would happen then?

Comments

• Chubz
    3223 posts National Call-Up
    Interesting post. I would image there would be some sort of security feature MS would implement to try avoid this stuff (not just for Fifa, potentially other titles?), however I am sure these guys who make the trainers are pretty clever and eventually will only be a matter of time before they find a way around it...especially if there is lots of money.

Maybe then all the trainer ppl will move to Xbox and leave the PC alone :)
  • Orison
    @Chubz That would be my dream :) Without or atleast with way less trainers PC would be such a chilled little community. Another point is that the "money-making trainer users" will probably only play divisions to get as much coins as possible, but the "private trainer users" would play the draft too (to get the packs) and because they cheat to get coins for themselves and to be able to open as many packs as they want, so maybe only the "good" trainer users would stay on PC, of course they are still little b*tches, but atleast not as bad as the "money-making" trainer users who have accounts with 10k or more cheated games.
  • PVFCB97xD
    13142 posts Has That Special Something
    I bet EA will immediately do sth against cheaters on xbox or PS :joy:
  • Orison
    On PS not, otherwise coins wouldn´t be 3€ per million there :joy:

But if they do something on XBOX, after the XBOX got upgraded to Windows 10, it should work on PC too
  • PVFCB97xD
    13142 posts Has That Special Something
    Orison wrote: »
    On PS not, otherwise coins wouldn´t be 3€ per million there :joy:

But if they do something on XBOX, after the XBOX got upgraded to Windows 10, it should work on PC too

100% too lazy to do the same for PC
  • Dohva56
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    But i wonder how the transfer market would be on Pc then, trainer user are overflowing the market with Coins and it helps a little so more people can open packs, was there a fifa on Pc with 0 trainers? if yeah how was the things going? :o

Btw about Windows 10, Microsoft annouced a feature that would allow Pc users to play online with xbox users if the feature is implemented at the game so if everything is alright and it's implemented on fifa maybe EA will do something to definitly get rid of trainers, tbh even if they can't stop them from creating trainers they can at least do ban waves every week or so to get rid of the players that they spot as cheaters
  • Orison
    @Dohva56 But do you need so many coins with price ranges and when Ronaldo is 1.5 instead of 15 or 20Mil...? With price ranges I think cheaters only damage the market, because they bring so many coins onto the market
  • Dohva56
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2015
    Hmmm yeah i got the point, but why are they still farming coins? i dont think anybody is buying coins anymore on PC or it cost like 100k 10€ who'd pay 1/3 of the game price for 100K? :joy:
  • Daddy
    5560 posts Big Money Move
    Dohva56 wrote: »
    Hmmm yeah i got the point, but why are they still farming coins? i dont think anybody is buying coins anymore on PC or it cost like 100k 10€ who'd pay 1/3 of the game price for 100K? :joy:

Personal profit.
  • wookiefc
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2015
    As far as I know, most of the farmed coins are farmed with hacked PS3/Xbox360 consoles. EA is still allowing players/coins to be shared between last gen-current gen, so farming will probably continue to be a problem on consoles this year regardless.

I think what -IRC-mainde said last year is still relevant today

"The truth is that they never tried. Their game is designed around and for consoles on the assumptions that clients can't do bad things. That assumption is not true on PC and since the game is P2P there's no authority, servers can't easily tell "who's the bad guy". There are some "easy" fixes that they could try: serverside checks on timestamps winrate and playtime, statistical infererence on match reports and maybe some memory obfuscation. Those would end 95% of the actual cheating but that would * off the hackers and that could lead to even bigger problems, especially since the game only protection is: "please don't do that". They won't change their design for few thousands players (they have millions), they won't start a war against the hackers because they can't win unless they change said design."

I am not an expert when it comes to these stuff, but everything that he suggested could have been implemented to detect cheaters on consoles this year. The fact that they didn't took down the web app and introduced price ranges suggest that it's easier for them to do that than actually trying to fix the problem. I am guessing the same applies regardless of what happens with Win10.

If they really wanted to EA can run it's own server to host the game and we'll have much less lag and it's probably easier to detect cheaters.. but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

Also, from what I read, FIFA 15 sold more on PS4 than on Xbox one.