Future on PC

Hi I'm looking for a little advice really, now I've just got myself a decent pc as I got a little bored of the restraints that owning a console has now basically I'd like to know how active the pc community is and how good is the pc market?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Btw the title was meant to day fut on pc not future stupid phone lol
  • leon1309
    4203 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2015
    If you are on Xbox i think you might be better of staying there (even if all the utubers switch to xbox)...EA does not really care about the PC, or not as they do about consoles, the market is smaller, but that also means less competition for sniping...the problem on PC market is hoarding and the infux of cheated coins (trainers still seem to work just fine)...as they did at the sart of the season (ea just had to check the charts to find and ban the cheaters, but even that seemed to be to hard)...

p.s.
    About higher divsion status just check a few post bellow this one... :)
  • Such a shame it's like that, I don't understand why EA would treat pc gamers the way they sound like they do I mean after all do you not also give them money
  • Orison
    48727 posts FIFA Cover Star
    No, basically nobody on PC buys Fifa points, on PS everyone buys coins and on PC everyone hacks coins, so on XBOX coins are very expensive which leads to more people buying Fifa points and that´s why EA cares about XBOX more than about PS and PC :D
  • leon1309
    edited September 2015
    Well they do at the end of season, when they are discounted (30% or even more)... :)
  • Lol right I see, so basically the pc version isn't really worth getting
  • leon1309
    edited September 2015
    If you dont have console version then i would say get it, as PES is still old gen on PC this year...but if you have console option, then no, it is not worth getting....
  • Orison
    Depends if you are a coin-buyer or not, if you are, stick to PS and buy them, although I hope you get banned then :)

If you come from XBOX, stick to that, look how the market develops next year (with hyped-up legend chemistry, Youtubers changing to XBOX and promoting coins there and so on) and then decide if you want to stay there or if you want to go onto PC
  • Thanks guys, I sold the xbox one to fund the pc but sounds like I'm going to have to win my footy accumulater on Saturday to get another one lol
  • I don't buy coins myself I like to play the game like your meant too even if it means I can never afford messi/Ronaldo etc
  • Orison
    Well, if you already sold the XBOX, then you should buy the Fifa standard edition on PC (under 30€ on Russian or Mexican Origin I think) and test it out.

If there are still hackers next year and if some of those hackers play FUT draft and get the packs, the PC market could probably be overloaded like no tomorrow, so it could become a dream or a nightmare, nobody knows yet :)
  • Daddy
    5560 posts Big Money Move
    everyone is blasting fifa on pc far too much i believe, once you get used to it it is not that bad unless you are into bronze/silver if's, as far as cheaters go they are only in div 1, tournaments are free of cheaters and you can avoid cheaters in div 1 using futscope.com, ideally xbox market is the best but pc isnt that bad imo.
  • How's the transfer market then? I know from experience the xbox is decent with loads of items for sale during its peak
  • Orison
    Worse than XBOX, better than PS (except when you buy millions of coins, have extremely fast internet and extremely fast fingers, then PS is the place for you :D )
  • Premier-Sky
    2880 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifa on PC is meh, but I certainly wouldn't recommend buying an Xbox One again just for FIFA. That's really not worth it.
  • No its not but that's the issue because fifa is my main game and has been for yrs. I would say other titles like the new star wars battlefront game is another reason to get one again but I can see the pc version being better so going to get that on pc
  • Antiversum
    5778 posts Big Money Move
    Peewee79 wrote: »
    Such a shame it's like that, I don't understand why EA would treat pc gamers the way they sound like they do I mean after all do you not also give them money

Doing action against cheaters costs money. Costs lowers profit. PC users can be glad that there is still a FIFA game...
  • LoboNobo
    6406 posts Big Money Move
    Don't buy console just for one game.
    You can have almost every game on PC for free as well (no online) ;)
  • leon1309
    Well EA can be glad that Konami managed to shoot themselves in the leg with new PC version...with fifa you basicaly pay for a glorified patch each year, as if you were buying totaly new game...and then if you count in poor customer support, I guess EA can be lucky that no real competition still exists (PES looks promssing on next gen consoles though)...

And even if fifa is what i mostly play, i would no switch to consoles if they droped it on PC, their $$$ loss i guess...
  • wookiefc
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2015
    One thing that PC has going are mods. The new Mxtra patch is out, and it' adds tons of leagues for career modes. The mod creator said he will continue his work on FIFA 16. Moddingway's patch is also great too if you want authentic champions league presentation. There are also tools you can use to change player stats beyond what you can do in game, like adding 5* skill back to Ibra(as far as I know it doesn't affect FUT but it will affect other online modes so make sure you back up your files first).

so if you spend a lot of time on career mode, PC has a lot to offer.
  • Daddy
    leon1309 wrote: »
    Well EA can be glad that Konami managed to shoot themselves in the leg with new PC version...with fifa you basicaly pay for a glorified patch each year, as if you were buying totaly new game...and then if you count in poor customer support, I guess EA can be lucky that no real competition still exists (PES looks promssing on next gen consoles though)...

And even if fifa is what i mostly play, i would no switch to consoles if they droped it on PC, their $$$ loss i guess...

Have you played PES, even though only the graphics were old gen gameplay engine was next gen for PES this year, I bought it because it was on sale for 2£, if you are used to Fifa PES gameplay is so horrible it is beyond belief no matter what anyone says, plus good luck finding opponents, if you want I can lend you my steam account if you wanna try PES 15.
  • leon1309
    Not sure about pes 15. I did try it out a bit, but the few opponents i did play online were cheaters, so i just gave up on purchasing the game...but from what i read PES 16 is step in the right direction again (on next gen consoles, while sadly they left PC out of the most of improvements consoles got - so basicaly Konami just made my choise a lot easier this year...and i had such high hopes from what is saw in the first reviews)...
  • Chubz
    3223 posts National Call-Up
    Also, I noticed last year it took a good few weeks / months before they had packs bigger than 7.5k on PC. So while there were happy hours and stuff on consoles selling 25k up packs, PC still only had the default 7.5k gold packs. I noticed it took a long time before those started hitting the PC market.
  • Orison
    @Chubz Kind of **** :D Yes they had problems and the 15k packs were never on PC, but everything else was there :)
  • Daddy
    Orison wrote: »
    @Chubz Kind of **** :D Yes they had problems and the 15k packs were never on PC, but everything else was there :)