Career Mode Story Help Thread

Comments

• dannyboy
    12804 posts Has That Special Something
    On the outside you're ablaze and alive
    BUT YOU'RE DEAD INSIDE
  • Valo
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If you're ablaze on the outside you're probably not going to be alive much longer.
  • dannyboy
    12804 posts Has That Special Something
    I thought as much.
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    iVeqatk.pngtVUd9hU.pngUfPsivx.png

tmu4V9i.png
    Manchester City's month involved them following some tough instructions. Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Have a shelf ready in the middle of the oven without any shelves above it. Scatter the vegetables over the base of a roasting tin that fits the chicken, but doesn’t swamp it. Season the cavity of the chicken liberally with salt and pepper, then stuff with the lemon halves and thyme, if using. Sit the chicken on the vegetables, smother the breast and legs all over with the butter, then season the outside with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and leave, undisturbed, for 1 hr 20 mins – this will give you a perfectly roasted chicken. To check, pierce the thigh with a skewer and the juices should run clear. Remove the tin from the oven and, using a pair of tongs, lift the chicken to a dish or board to rest for 15-20 mins. As you lift the dish, let any juices from the chicken pour out of the cavity into the roasting tin..

S47XOdh.pngymI3syT.pngQaquB6l.png

cmnZUNg.png

Melbourne City had an easy month after they waited till the chicken was resting to make the gravy. Place the roasting tin over a low flame, then stir in the flour and sizzle until you have a light brown, sandy paste. Gradually pour in the stock, stirring all the time, until you have a thickened sauce. Simmer for 2 mins, using a wooden spoon to stir, scraping any sticky bits from the tin. Strain the gravy into a small saucepan, then simmer and season to taste. When you carve the bird, add any extra juices to the gravy.

ICuzUO8.png

Always leave your chicken to rest for at least 15 mins before carving. This will give you a juicy chicken that is a lot easier to carve. For a more succulent chicken, take it out of the fridge one hour before cooking to bring it up to room temperature. This rule applies to any meat you are roasting. Don’t worry about turning or basting your chicken as it roasts. Yes, these can give good results, but are fiddly for the beginner, plus every time you open the oven you lose heat. If anyone actually wants to cook a roast chicken then here is the recipe.

Results and Stats:

Can I quickly get some advice on which update format people prefer (no spoiler, spoiler without a title or spoiler with a title). I will do all three teams in the same style for my actual updates.
  • b4usiddhu2
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Spoiler with a title
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Some PIADS I was playing around with earlier

Lavezzi signs

h75t5QI.png

Lavezzi in action against Newcastle

HMmpzja.png

Ferri signs

6QQzZlF.png
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    edited July 2015
    After seeing Chris try and do PIADs and another mod try and do joke ones, I decided to try and make a couple of joke PIADS. They only took about 2 minutes each so aren't the best. I know the heads are too big and the second skin tone doesn't match perfectly.
    bcd3182427668ffc8e304d3f8ff39c53.png

e1198bdedece847f4f237fe6c409af0b.png
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2015
    Just going to chuck all my current graphics in here for feedback.
    LFCOPGraphic_zpsbqe9hixp.png

FirstPageTimeline_zpsfcf0rluh.png

LeagueTableDefault_zpszcwhp4ux.png

SkySportsStoryHeadertester_zpsab120d69.png

ScoreboardDefaultTester_zps31c3f0e2.png

was going to use the last 3 last year but never did a story as i found the CM on FIFA 15 boring.

Edit: spotted I need to re-do tables to add a GD box
  • Ashy
    9524 posts League Winner
    looks good, especially the scoreboard and skysports
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Thoughts on these two (one white background and one with no background).
    1myxRwm.png

ppkKIjH.png
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    edited August 2015
    I also made some MLS tables. Thoughts on these? I might remove the dotted lines between teams/columns but could do with some feedback on whether people like them or not.
    UEZCu4T.png

H7Tgc5Q.png

td6pcxH.png
  • Ashy
    9524 posts League Winner
    maybe a bit too colourful, the tables that is, I would use more saturated colours and stick to maybe a few rather than the whole rainbow ;)

The Premier league style tables look good, I would put 5/6th colours different so you can tell champions league places
  • Ashy
    9524 posts League Winner
    Worked on my monthly update graphic, pretty happy with it but if you think I should add anything let me know
    bgw6cWW.png
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »
    maybe a bit too colourful, the tables that is, I would use more saturated colours and stick to maybe a few rather than the whole rainbow ;)

The Premier league style tables look good, I would put 5/6th colours different so you can tell champions league places

Thanks for the feedback. :)

I get what you mean about it being too colourful. I'll see what others think and maybe have a play with some new colours tomorrow.

Good point about 5th and 6th.
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    Worked on my monthly update graphic, pretty happy with it but if you think I should add anything let me know
    bgw6cWW.png

Very nice graphic there. I can't see anything in it that could be improved. I wish I had the time to spend putting into updates like that every month. :smile:
  • Ashy
    9524 posts League Winner
    thanks, I made it so it is really easy to edit, I'm aiming to keep my updates easy and quick to do because I don't want to be spending more time doing that I'd rather be playing the games on fifa
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    thanks, I made it so it is really easy to edit, I'm aiming to keep my updates easy and quick to do because I don't want to be spending more time doing that I'd rather be playing the games on fifa

I know what you mean, a bit more effort when making the template makes it a lot quicker later on.
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    edited August 2015
    I finished my final two tables for my City Football Group Career (along with the MLS and A League ones I posted above). Thoughts on these two?
    cpRuLHo.png

[ltTCmCr.png
    Post edited by Alastair on
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Alastair wrote: »
    I also made some MLS tables. Thoughts on these? I might remove the dotted lines between teams/columns but could do with some feedback on whether people like them or not.
    UEZCu4T.png

H7Tgc5Q.png

td6pcxH.png
    BCwuPjc.png

bDcBQA3.png

0oQ9hwx.png

I changed the colours a bit. What do people think of this new colour scheme?
    Post edited by Alastair on
  • Ashy
    9524 posts League Winner
    Premier league table is great as is the Championship really fits the style well, personally I don't like the colourful tables might just be me though
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    Premier league table is great as is the Championship really fits the style well, personally I don't like the colourful tables might just be me though

The MLS tables are just an old excel template which I used in a DTL in 2012. I used it mainly because I couldn't find an official style of MLS graphics or think of another table which is different to my other ones.
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    Been working on all my graphics. Updated them slightly.

Also may not do my CM with Liverpool if Stickey is doing one as them.

Other options I have are, Sunderland or Newcastle in the BPL. I could also go for a Championship team like Bolton, or I could go for Real Oviedo. Thoughts?
  • Ashy
    9524 posts League Winner
    I wouldn't be that interested in Sunderland, Newcastle would be good they have made some good signings and also are a biggish club if you think about it so it would be good to get them challenging for Europe places or a championship team with some players you like
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Been working on all my graphics. Updated them slightly.

Also may not do my CM with Liverpool if Stickey is doing one as them.

Other options I have are, Sunderland or Newcastle in the BPL. I could also go for a Championship team like Bolton, or I could go for Real Oviedo. Thoughts?
    A Championship one like Bolton could be class as well as a challenge rebuilding there squad. Of the teams you suggested Bolton sounds the most interesting, after that it'd probably be Newcastle.
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    edited August 2015
    Might do Bolton. Had a CM with Bolton on FIFA 06. Borgetti scored 37 goals in my first season. Jussi Jaaskelianen in goal. Can't forget Jay Jay, Campo, Gary Speed and big lad Kevin Nolan either. Probably do a Bolton one then while going through my LFC one privately.

Edit: Will be 10 years since that CM. Seems a fitting anniversary

P.S..... EMILE HESKEY AND JAY SPEARING!
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    edited August 2015
    Will be using my Spanish football manager alter ego called Juan Carlos Benitez Mendoza. Commonly known as Carlos/Carlo Benitez. (Oh, hey look, my names in there). However in this case I will make him Mexican to honour the legendary Jared Borgetti.
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    Thoughts on some of my graphics for Bolton CM?
    BoltonOPGraphic_zpsxhf0qaya.png

BoltonBannerGraphic_zpsbpglqcuo.png

BoltonFirstPageClubInfo_zps7amkmti3.png

SaturdaySummarySUM2015_zpseug4iyar.png

ChampTableDefault_zpsazrwdqnu.png

ScoreboardDefault_zpsjtpufpqy.png

SkySportsStoryHeader_zpshyuijfyc.png

• Ashy
    9524 posts League Winner
    looks good to me
  • Ashy
    9524 posts League Winner
    finish up my match update, anything i could change or add?
    7YWItFs.png
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    One thing about then Ash is when you play games against teams who don't have Sky Sports styled logos. Real bugger.