Career Mode Story Help Thread

Comments

• Danieldo
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Klaas jan Huntelaar!
  • If I was to use a financial take over and go for a semi-realistic CM, which team would be the best option?
    Newcastle, Blackburn, Bologna, RCD Espanyol, Werder Bremen, Or your suggestion?
    Basically I think it needs to be a club that is already of a decent size, and has history of being a "winning club"
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    If I was to use a financial take over and go for a semi-realistic CM, which team would be the best option?
    Newcastle, Blackburn, Bologna, RCD Espanyol, Werder Bremen, Or your suggestion?
    Basically I think it needs to be a club that is already of a decent size, and has history of being a "winning club"

I personally prefer English teams but I would recommend doing the one you would prefer as all would be good.

For example, I have found Hereford stories easier to stick to than others due to them being my club.
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    What sort of graphics scheme do people prefer? Club Website style, Sky Sports style or something different?
  • Danieldo
    Something different
  • The Gamingnator
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Was thinking about doing a Rosenborg BK Career mode Story something different or should I start with a League One/Two side and work my way up to the Premier League and hopefully land a big club's job?
  • Valo
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do whatever you prefer, success comes with dedication and that comes with doing what you enjoy.

I did Rosenborg several years ago, was fun.
  • Arinceo
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Was thinking about doing a Rosenborg BK Career mode Story something different or should I start with a League One/Two side and work my way up to the Premier League and hopefully land a big club's job?

Rosenborg would be cool, it's not often you see teams from Scandinavia on here. Pick something you'll enjoy, the thread is much more likely to succeed that way :smile:

• Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    Danieldo wrote: »
    Something different

OK then, I might well go for something different.

I am trying to make some templates for my story which will come at the start of June.
    It might contain 3 different teams.
  • Arinceo
    Three!? Unless you use FM with multiple managers I'm confused as to how that would work.
  • b4usiddhu2
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Guys - Any idea to do a interactive league kind of thread here?
    Looks like more people are in now and hence these kind of threads should work now rather then later
  • Valo
    You could make a signup to gauge interest.
  • Ahmer50x
    17257 posts World Class
    edited April 2015
    I'd be interested. Almost as interested as my thread is in getting some comments soon ;)
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    Arinceo wrote: »
    Three!? Unless you use FM with multiple managers I'm confused as to how that would work.

3 separate CMs at the same time, in the same story.

Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I'd be interested. Almost as interested as my thread is in getting some comments soon ;)

Please read the forums rules and don't advertise or beg. :wink:
  • Valo
    Does that count as advertising the forum rules thread?
  • Skeeno
    79 posts Park Captain
    Is that the first advertise/beg of the new forum?
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    I just added Using Forum BBCode to the useful links list.
  • Ahmer50x
    17257 posts World Class
    Skeeno wrote: »
    Is that the first advertise/beg of the new forum?

I guess so :lol:

I just didn't want to post updates back to back :trollface:
  • b4usiddhu2
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

I have started one just now...
  • I can't seem to edit this anymore: http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2608547.page

Any chance someone could move it over to the new forums? Thanks!
  • Danieldo
    @FALLEN XCALIBER just start were you ended, no need to move everything over imo
  • Danieldo wrote: »
    @FALLEN XCALIBER just start were you ended, no need to move everything over imo

Ok, thanks. It would suck if that original forum thread were to disappear...
  • Danieldo
    Cant you do double click on your post? Then you can Edit it so you can copy the important stuff
  • Valo
    You have to do it manually yourself.
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    I can't seem to edit this anymore: http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2608547.page

Any chance someone could move it over to the new forums? Thanks!

That is not possible, you will have to manually copy the updates over.

As the great Walter once said "It would be like moving it to 4chan".
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    edited April 2015
    What do people think of this template I put together?

67N1j2Em.png7QNdmURm.png5Xycmlmm.pngHvlxjENm.pngqJJ6EHem.png3SZR5EYm.png

onpIBv8.png

gHe4c7V.png
    Post edited by Alastair on
  • Ahmer50x
    17257 posts World Class
    Fantastic. Publish it? :wink:
  • b4usiddhu2
    Excellent
  • Arinceo
    Sick template man, definitely put it up if you're willing to share.
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    Thanks you three, it turned but better than I hoped. I may release that template sometime soon, I am just working on some graphics for an upcoming story.

Here is something else I found and updated slightly last night, it is something I have remade every year since I first made it in FIFA 09. It isn't complete yet but any feedback on which bits are good and bad would be useful. It is for a match preview:
    mUJnar2.png
    zWqvdxH.png
    MrCQlzF.png
    oRvDj6d.png
    kOYoFLO.png
    UoXvRyY.png