How much did you make this year trading?

wookiefc
207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I made a similar post on FIFA 13 but I am curious to see how much people made with trading this year, and get opinion on how much people can realistically make with trading. I have about 10 million in transfer profit according to the leaderboard, and i think that's about right. IMO trading was super easy pre-price range, and I think with modest trading it's very realistic to make around 1-2 million coins and afford a Ronaldo/Messi squad by the end of the game. I am sure they are plenty of people who has done much better than me, and it seems like you can get even 20-30million coins, especially if you did some IF investing on players like Griezmann/Lacazette and cashed in on them. What do you guys think?

Comments

  • Daddy
    5555 posts Big Money Move
    Don't know how much (away from PC), but have 99 ronaldo, that's all I wanted. Made most coins before price ranges, and like you said I have always had enough to try out measi/ronaldo at the end of each year. You don't even need to trade that hard to afford them, 10k a day trading and match coins from 600 games and you will have 3-5 million by the end of the year.
  • wookiefc
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2015
    Daddy wrote: »
    Don't know how much (away from PC), but have 99 ronaldo, that's all I wanted. Made most coins before price ranges, and like you said I have always had enough to try out measi/ronaldo at the end of each year. You don't even need to trade that hard to afford them, 10k a day trading and match coins from 600 games and you will have 3-5 million by the end of the year.

    Yea. The reason I made this post is because whenever I see people defending coin buying they almost always complain about how you can't afford those players unless you buy coins or spend all your life trading, which is not true at all. If you want All TOTY/TOTS squad with Saurez, Messi, Ronaldo, sure, but not everyone is meant to have squads like that. At one point you could have made a NIF Ronaldo/Messi Squad for 1.5mil coins and you can make some really solid final squad for 500k with the current price ranges. You don't have to be a trading god to afford good teams and I am guessing people who bought coins probably didn't even bother to trade at all.
  • leon1309
    4202 posts National Call-Up
    I dont know, for me tradeing more or less died after price ranges kicked in. If i didnt make enough before that, i would not be able to afford the players i wanted to try out... And it did not help i invested most of my coins in TOTY players...
  • wookiefc
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2015
    leon1309 wrote: »
    I dont know, for me tradeing more or less died after price ranges kicked in. If i didnt make enough before that, i would not be able to afford the players i wanted to try out... And it did not help i invested most of my coins in TOTY players...

    But you did make enough coins pre price range to try out players you wanted afterwards right? I was in the same boat and lost like 60-70% of my coins, but considering how much price ranges has dropped prices of players I'd say I am doing just as good, if not better than I did pre-price range. I probably would have done better if they kept the old market and I kept investing, but I can't complain.
  • PVFCB97xD
    13142 posts Has That Special Something
    Like 300k by trading and 500-600k by playing
  • Arx07
    526 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I was trading a lot and all the money i made i spent on Messi (~3,5M)... then price ranges came and lost 70% of the money i made... GG
  • On3PoundFish
    7892 posts League Winner
    edited August 2015
    Could have had 25mil just after toty :(
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    about 20m 3-4 weeks after toty
  • EGY-Aviatorz
    5162 posts Big Money Move
    Could have had 25mil just after toty :(

    Same , I Was Investing in alot of Inform cards like Sanchez to sell after upgrades , and aswell toty iniesta .. Then Right after upgrades , price ranges were there , not 1 player sold . all just stayed there for min for like 2 months
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    Could have had 25mil just after toty :(

    Same , I Was Investing in alot of Inform cards like Sanchez to sell after upgrades , and aswell toty iniesta .. Then Right after upgrades , price ranges were there , not 1 player sold . all just stayed there for min for like 2 months
    every decent trader sold their "upgradable" players before upgrades :blush:
  • Daddy
    5555 posts Big Money Move
    Had around 7-8.5 mil after toty and my club is worth 10-12m now I think, I managed to sell all my toty players for nearly double the amount I bought them for, all those attribute cards and 99 contracts paid off
  • wookiefc
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2015
    I guess most people lost a lot of coins after web app got taken down and price ranges were introduced. I probably could have around 16million back then, when I had most of my coins tied to SIF DeBruyne, who was slated for upgrade. I lost about 60% of my coins down around 3-4million. But it was easy to turn profit while web app was down and managed to turn good profit NIF investing on TOTS/FUttie tournaments.

    I guess my follow up question is, are you better or worse off now that price ranges has brought prices down, and do you think it was a good idea? IMO I don't think I was that far off from where I should have been if we had a free market.
  • Orison
    48626 posts FIFA Cover Star
    I don´t think that you can say if you are better or worse off now, because before price ranges were introduced everything on the market just dropped and dropped and dropped on PC and XBOX (Ronaldo NIF went from 6-7Mil to 4-4.5Mil in 2 weeks) and I think prices would have dropped even more, so I would say with price ranges most people are worse off now.
  • xenu
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2015
    dident start playing until end of april and the weeks leading up to tots was very good to me made arund 5 6 mil trading consumebles during tots trading was pure garbage but id say ive made about 10 million in the first 2 3 months of playing

    too bad i keep buying packs for my profits though ;)
  • wookiefc
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Orison wrote: »
    I don´t think that you can say if you are better or worse off now, because before price ranges were introduced everything on the market just dropped and dropped and dropped on PC and XBOX (Ronaldo NIF went from 6-7Mil to 4-4.5Mil in 2 weeks) and I think prices would have dropped even more, so I would say with price ranges most people are worse off now.

    Ronaldo's price bottomed out at 900k during TOTS. I remember his price dropping to a little over 3 million pre-price range, after web app was down. I am not sure his prices would have dropped to that level by TOTS time in a free market. I was doing a lot of trading back then and I remember prices have been slowly rising after the initial big crash.

  • Orison
    48626 posts FIFA Cover Star
    wookiefc wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    I don´t think that you can say if you are better or worse off now, because before price ranges were introduced everything on the market just dropped and dropped and dropped on PC and XBOX (Ronaldo NIF went from 6-7Mil to 4-4.5Mil in 2 weeks) and I think prices would have dropped even more, so I would say with price ranges most people are worse off now.

    Ronaldo's price bottomed out at 900k during TOTS. I remember his price dropping to a little over 3 million pre-price range, after web app was down. I am not sure his prices would have dropped to that level by TOTS time in a free market. I was doing a lot of trading back then and I remember prices have been slowly rising after the initial big crash.
    No, he wouldn´t have dropped to 900k, but remember how much easier trading was pre-price ranges :) He would have dropped to 2.5-3Mil and trading to that was 10 times easier before price ranges than trading to 1 Mil after
  • Germans
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I got 300K by trading and 500K by playing the game but now i have only 250K becouse i spend almost all on packs :/
  • Chubz
    3223 posts National Call-Up
    i prob made around 5 - 6 m pre price range, but it was a lot of consistent and hard work at times to cash in on those moments. But, I loved the rare opportunity it presented pre price ranges... I once got a Hazard for 45k and sold him for over 450k, and also sniped a Neymar for 60k and sold him for 400k. Those were rare but it happened. My bread n butter was specifically Thiago Silva & Kompany, making small 5 - 10k profits a time (10 a night would make a nice 100k easily), and other times was bigger players like Ribery, Hazard, Neymar & Augero, making 25 - 50k profit.
  • wookiefc
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2015
    Chubz wrote: »
    i prob made around 5 - 6 m pre price range, but it was a lot of consistent and hard work at times to cash in on those moments. But, I loved the rare opportunity it presented pre price ranges... I once got a Hazard for 45k and sold him for over 450k, and also sniped a Neymar for 60k and sold him for 400k. Those were rare but it happened. My bread n butter was specifically Thiago Silva & Kompany, making small 5 - 10k profits a time (10 a night would make a nice 100k easily), and other times was bigger players like Ribery, Hazard, Neymar & Augero, making 25 - 50k profit.

    Yea I made like 1.2 million on SIF Pogba when he was getting the 5* skill upgrade hype. Transfer market back then was really exciting, because if you find the right players you can hit the jackpot. I remember Diego Costa having a really good week during TOTY. so I invested all my coins after I bought the players I needed during the market crash. I managed to triple my coins in matter of 3-4 days.

    I took a huge loss on putting all my coins investing on SIF De Bruyne , but I remember his price shot up by like 30& right after the weekend was over, and could have easily made couple of million if I sold them back then instead holding them as investments.

    Now that I think about it, I agree with Orison that traders were better off pre-price ranges. I had around 9million after TOTY and if it wasn't for the web app going down, I think i could have easily made it to 15million if I sold my investments. Between 3 months of trading and some serious trading during TOTS, I probably could have gotten more than 50 million coins worth by now.
  • wookiefc
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2015
    double post
  • wookiefc
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2015
    double post
  • NotTheMessiah
    246 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lacazette, millions upon millions.
  • Torres4Lif3
    6657 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2015
    Wrong sector lol
Sign In or Register to comment.