The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Career Mode Wishlist

Comments

• Fabrizio Orsi
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The "moral" system needs to be fixed urgently. I drop players for 1-2 games and I start to get messages about their roles at the club.
  • Fabrizio Orsi
    Refs too. I haven't seen an AI player get sent off in a while, even though their fouls are worthy of a red card.
  • CaptEcuador16
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would really like to see the option to make changes to the formation and substitute players yourself during a simulation of the game instead of the CPU doing everything. Unfortunately I don't have pics but this was something that was on PS2 back in FIFA 08-09. During SIMmed matches I could make substitution and changes myself
  • ThePhoenixSun
    196 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I wish EA would just put out two separate games. Separate career mode (add online career) and online season from FUT and Pro Clubs. Maybe then they'd actually put time into developing something besides FUT.
  • Jim
    1383 posts Professional
    Lots of good suggestions in this thread. Sadly, it's a bit late for FIFA 16 at this point. But we'll probably find out if they've made any major improvements to career mode next week at E3.

EA's press conference is June 15th (1:00 pm PDT, which is 9 pm in the UK). Fingers crossed that they incorporated at least SOME of the elements that career mode fans have been asking for.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would like it when i scout a player and i get a report back for him for there to be a tagline, such as: Quality Signing, Good Backup, Promising Talent etc, like in FM... What good is just giving me stats on a youngster when there is no potential stat!? A bit of help from my Assistant Manager would be nice!
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    P.S. Whyyyy when you start the game does it say Real Madrid accept £32,000,000 Bid from Manchester Utd for Angel Di Maria? Cant you state the real actual price!?
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2015
    Ok so i put Nani back at Man Utd via Club Transfers, then start a new CM and look at selling him, but i cant because it says hes just joined the club!?

ARE YOU ❤️❤️❤️❤️ KIDDING ME EA!!??

Why cant i just cancel his loan from Sporting Lisbon!? Its happened with other players ive transferred back to their parent clubs too like Chicharito! This game should be called Fifa 1999!!!!!
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    I put De Gea, Van Persie, Rafael all up for sale, and guess what? Not 1 offer for any of them!! REDICULOUS!!!
  • Scoot
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    RedDevil wrote: »
    I would like it when i scout a player and i get a report back for him for there to be a tagline, such as: Quality Signing, Good Backup, Promising Talent etc, like in FM... What good is just giving me stats on a youngster when there is no potential stat!? A bit of help from my Assistant Manager would be nice!

They do have the potential indication, 'potential to be special' etc.

Also, isn't it part of the fun? It's more rewarding to sign a young player and they grow well rather than you already knowing they will. Potential shouldn't be set in stone anyway.
  • The only urgent upgrade I feel the game would seriously benefit from is online career mode. Perhaps even just a two person one in the stile of the madden games. Though admittedly I can imagine this would have many problems to overcome.. especially around game speed.
  • Pwaaaleee
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    Need to sort out the manager vacancies urgently. I get offered the England job, but when I apply for a relegation-threatened team they just refuse. Managers should have agents that look throughout the globe for teams if you decide to change. Should be if you're very successful you have more options like in real life.

Career mode layout should have a website kind of look about it where you can click on news articles and it should have a transfer gossip column like on BBC Sport site. Also if you click on another result from the league it should tell you things like who scored in the game as well as bookings and injuries.

2 way conversations between manager and players which could be something trivial to something major like they're thinking about leaving.

Social media should be brought in. You could have a Twitter-like page of your club and players along with fans can post on there. Could be a way to get more fans and it could mean the more fans you have it could boost revenues to buy more players.

4-8 game pre-season. You pick up to at least 3 leagues and see which teams are available. May mean you are Watford and choose to play Juventus, but it costs the club more money, but could lead to more fans and you may get more than double the money back.

We just need to feel more like a manager. Making more important decisions that has an effect on the board, the players and the fans. This is something they could add to Fifa 17.
  • Here are a few of my suggestions;

Stadium Upgrades/Stadium Change:

Either the ability to change your stadium for money or just by default or having upgradable stadiums that look different after an upgrade was made. Alternatively you could get a better bigger stadium with a financial overtake or after you are promoted into a higher division. It could be also nice if the commentators would comment on it when an upgrade is made or the team got a new stadium.

Kit badge changes:

For example when you get promoted into the English Premier League, the team kits will have the premier league badge on them and not the championship ones. This could happen when playing various Cups just like in real life.

Semi and Quarter final celebrations:

Players should celebrate more lively when progressing through semi finals, quarter finals in cup games etc. They mostly just waving their hands and walk very unexcited, it is pretty immersion breaking.

Lastly, why not make a separate game? Career Mode has been on the decline since Ultimate Team had been introduced to the game. Maybe if the single player parts of Fifa got a separate game it could get more focus and features could be added each year rather than taken away. It doesn't even has to come out every year. I can live with it if it comes out every two or three years, so it doesn't get overlooked and it wouldn't be an after thought for the developers.

I don't know how Fifa 16's career mode will turn out but if the past few games are anything to go by, then I am not too hopeful.

• Fabrizio Orsi
    New came out today that Konami has renewed its contract for the UCL and UEL. They will be exclusively on PES until 2019. So... I guess none of that for us until then, which is a shame.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2015
    I honestly think EA should remove the "Real" player profile pictures, and replace them with actual in-game faces of the players instead, and this is why..

Most of them are horribly done and look amateur, as well as most of them being out of date, in other words players at the wrong clubs with the wrong up to date appearance, or some players don't even have them, so their profile is blank!

If they were the in-game faces of players, at least this way we would know if they had a scan / custom / generic face when we view them in CM, as a lot of people only use players with faces..

It was a good idea having real pictures for players profile pics (I even suggested it myself years ago), but due to EA's lack of detail and shoddy work, it makes the game look horrible, so please go back to the old method!
  • Pwaaaleee
    I honestly think EA should remove the "Real" player profile pictures, and replace them with actual in-game faces of the players instead, and this is why..

Most of them are horribly done and look amateur, as well as most of them being out of date, in other words players at the wrong clubs with the wrong up to date appearance, or some players don't even have them, so their profile is blank!

If they were the in-game faces of players, at least this way we would know if they had a scan / custom / generic face when we view them in CM, as a lot of people only use players with faces..

It was a good idea having real pictures for players profile pics (I even suggested it myself years ago), but due to EA's lack of detail and shoddy work, it makes the game look horrible, so please go back to the old method!

Yea I agree with that. It's nothing major, but maybe it's just me, but I try not to sign players with blank profiles.

The in-game ones of the youth players are better than nothing, but they're too dark and you can't see them properly.

EA should have a thing where someone can upload new pictures into a database and then everyone can download them so we'd all have up to date faces.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Check LMA Manager from 2007, you can create your own club, from badge to kits to stadium to manager appearance..

So why cant we at least see the manager were creating in Fifa when we start a new Manager CM? All we get is tracksuit, shirt and tie or suit and it doesnt even show him, lol..

Why cant we create a stadium or expand generic stadiums? Their generic so where is the licensing issue?

Millions of things you could do with this game other than UT!!
  • Pwaaaleee
    Check LMA Manager from 2007, you can create your own club, from badge to kits to stadium to manager appearance..

So why cant we at least see the manager were creating in Fifa when we start a new Manager CM? All we get is tracksuit, shirt and tie or suit and it doesnt even show him, lol..

Why cant we create a stadium or expand generic stadiums? Their generic so where is the licensing issue?

Millions of things you could do with this game other than UT!!

I wish I could go back in time and destroy FUT before it could take over, but my time machine is not ready yet.

Pes is perfect for creating your manager. In the older games on PS3 and such you could create him from scratch and then you'd see him in cutscenes.

Fifa managers...you get to choose if he has a shirt and tie or tracksuit. The possibilities are endless! :D

What I'd love is to be able to build him from the ground up and also having to ask questions on your footballing history. You could assign up to 5-6 teams out of all the teams on Fifa leagues and commentary can sometimes bring up things like ''Joe Bloggs spent 6 seasons with Real Madrid so this Champions Cup campaign is surely in his capable hands.''

Or managing against a team you once played or managed with like ''The fans are cheering him although it didn't work out well here at Watford for him. 87 games and 11 goals.'' He sees and applauds their response (cutscene at him clapping the fans) but he's got to put that aside for today.''

• A must is the ability to choose throw in-takers, instead of having to use the player closest to the situation. Because I often end up being forced to use my striker, I've decided that I automaticly win every game where this happens. It's only fair since you're often forced to have to pass back to your defenders in order for your striker to move back.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2015
    One of the Fifa devs should play Master League in PES 2015 for the PS4, I know its a rival game, but its still football, im having a ball playing Master League its awesome, and there's hardly any stadiums or licensed teams, it just shows its not all about licenses like EA seem to think it is! In fact players like Harry Kane, Memphis Depay, Daley Blind, Marcos Rojo and other players that you would expect too have faces all do!
    Post edited by RedDevil on
  • ThePhoenixSun
    196 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Managers changing clubs needs to be dramatically improved, especially for big clubs. It's rare to see a manager stay at the same club for more than 3 or 4 seasons now, and if it's a really big club, a single down year (Real Madrid this year) causes massive changes for the next year.

In my manager career I took AFC Wimbledon from Football League 2 to CL winners in 7 years. I won Europa League in year 5, so I should've had mid-high level clubs trying to pull me away from Wimbledon, and I should've had the huge clubs trying to sign me after winning the CL. Never mind that I won the BPL in years 6 and 7. I think I might've received one job offer over 8 years and it was for some ❤️❤️❤️❤️ club barely hanging on in Ligue 1.
  • Alexis
    7 posts Ball Boy
    Hello There! put in fifa 16 the Spectator mode in Career mode please,i would like to watch my matches as a spectaror! :smile: thank you very much!
  • Alexis
    7 posts Ball Boy

Alexis wrote: »
    Hello There! put in fifa 16 the Spectator mode in Career mode please,i would like to watch my matches as a spectaror! :smile: thank you very much!
    Please! :smile:
  • SH
    2 posts Ball Boy
    I just copied this over from the old Wishlist that was there, so I could add this to the new one. Thanks

Even though it is getting close to the release date of the new FIFA I due hope that they will take these few considerations into account. These is a short list of things that I feel should be noted. Thanks and best of luck with the final product.

1. Add more leagues! Or really if you need to compensate, discontinue unpopular leagues and replace them with new ones. These leagues should be included in the new game: Brazil (after the contract issue from last year), Chinese Super League, Japanese J-League, Ukrainian League, Greek Super League, UAE or Qatar teams, and the new Indian Super League. I think that is about it, but as these clubs become more and more popular, they will become more in demand and should be added. Also, most of these leagues have serious contenders for Champions Leagues so it is vital to include their actual leagues now.
    2. Add the AFC Champions League and CONCACAF Champions League. This would obviously require the Asian leagues and some Central American teams/leagues, as well, to be added for this to happen.
    3. Free Agents - In FIFA 14, very popular and in demand players were often seen after the first season of managing in Career Mode on free agency, however this was neglected in FIFA 15, and I would really like to see this being brought back.
    4. Goal Difference - I've found that in many cases, when teams are ranked the same and there is a goal difference, the one with the fewer goals can end up on the bottom portion of the separation rather than on top. Please fix this as it can often be frustrating.
    5. Managers - Just like managing a national team, Managers should have the ability to resign and pick a new club just like in the same fashion as being sacked (I did like the way the sacking situation worked though).
    6. First Team Choices - Only recently have I noticed that when I go to pick out my first team choices and then go to my calendar and jump to different weeks, that the players I chose for my first team starters, don't start. I picked them for a reason, please don't change my lineup. I know what I'm doing.
    7. Notifications - I feel it would really be great just like when National Teams offer you jobs, if you had clubs send you job offers so that you received notifications, as well. That way I wouldn't have to keep going back to the Jobs section everyday to search for it. Clubs do approach managers and I feel this would more actively simulate a real scenario.

Overall, I was very pleased with FIFA 15 and was really impressed by it and its Career Mode, both Manager and Player. The biggest priority here is the addition of leagues. It may or may not be too late for this, but I really hope this is fixed for the new career mode for next season. If you could make these few changes I would sincerely appreciate it. Thanks
  • We really need online career mode, at least by FIFA 18. This shouldn't be too hard for you guys. It's in Madden and NCAA Football, why not in your most popular franchise, FIFA. The reason I want online career mode is because the AI is the same every game, it's like playing the same team over and over again. And also the same transfers always happen, Aguero to Real, De Gea to Dortmund, Suarez to Bayern etc. And I personally love playing seasons. You play real people, and they play different every time. Imagine how fun it could be if you were able to find 20 guys and play the Prem and compete for transfers. If you did this people might stop hating you guys more than comcast.

Another thing that need to be fixed is growth. For some reason, players don't grow when they aren't at your club. You end up having players like Hazard, Neymar, and Pogba, not growing unless they play for you. So what happens is Messi and Ronaldo are still the 2 best players 6-7 years from now.
  • My ideas for Career mode Fifa16

Start from the bench, sim or play up to being subbed on.

Be able to tell the manager you're not happy, homesick/not playing enough etc.

As well as requesting a move, express an interest in a country/league you'd like to go to.

When playing as team, the option to request sub for your pro and sim rest of game.

Starting in the reserves.
  • Desposito48
    24 posts
    edited June 2015
    Am I the only one who hates the "FORM" system?
    I want player ratings to fluctuate depending on their form. The player rating should BE the player's form. If a player has a 90, that's cause they are awesome. Like in real ❤️❤️❤️❤️ life. Like messi is at a 94. If he goes 6 months without scoring a goal. Maybe lower him to a 92. Stuff like that. Dont just put the form as "excellent", "good", "bad" etc. IF the form is bad, their rating should drop.

I have a serious question for all of you. Let's say you're looking for a new striker. You have to decide between One striker who has a score of 88 but his form is "bad," then you see another striker at an 85 but his form is "excellent." Who would you pick? I'll pick the 88 striker bro. The form in FIFA is meaningless.

If I'm choosing a squad, I go with the players with the best ratings. I don't pay attention to the form thing at all. If a player's score went down I would.

A player's physical attributes should increase until they get old but things like marking, aggression, finishing, passing, should be based on how the player is actually playing. It shouldn't just increase arbitrarily.

If I have a player who's finishing is 80 and he's in the premier league and scored 30 goals, his finishing better go up to an 89 or something. Just saying my form is "excellent" isn't enough.

That's my biggest issue with career mode. There are like a million other things too.

I don't have time to post all the things they need to do but basically when I'm playing MANAGER MODE, make me feel like manager. Let me talk to my players and the media. Let the commentators and media acknowledge my decisions. Let me do more with my money, Let me make more decisons and have more flexibility. Add cutscenes, add training, add better press conferences.

In PLAYER MODE let me feel like a player. I'm talking about sponsors, commercials. I want to communicate with my manager and other players. I want to complain if im not being played, I want to ask for more money, I want to train. I want to talk to the press and fans. I want to make decisions that will affect my career. I want rivalries and drama.

FIX IT.
  • DeZoonVan
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Loaning players! I mean, come on EA! When in my career Chelsea buys 4 world-class midfielders I can't loan Marko Marin or van Ginkel or Mikel. And the best part is their riles are being rotation players and they end up with just 3-8 games in the season.

I think it's downright ignorant for not letting us loaning players rated between 70-85. If they don't get playtime they should be able to be loaned. It happens al the time in real-life.
  • please and improve the career mode of the game, so I would like to see the game as a technician and not even that rough simulation that ends in 5/2, would like to follow the game, so if I'm missing to make modifications to see if the team improves , improve the simulation mode so career mode that I ask.
  • AlexFin
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I hope this year they will change something because there has been a lot of new ideas or old ones, doesn't matter. I hope to see big changes in CM. I would add to the whole new or old ideas, another one: A completely new and intelligent commentary on the game. Hope to find out some news about Career Mode soon...