The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Career Mode Wishlist

Comments

• RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Add a "Potential" stat for players in Edit Player, so i can give players high potential for CM..
  • Transfer related issues:

Loaning players could have a partial or full wage payments (when loaning a player you pay part of his salary not full) it would probably be in ranges of 10% to 100% in 10% increments.

Ability to set player value when signing or renewing contract (so other clubs won't bother negotiating a player unless they want to pay the lease breaking value of player).

Ability to send player on loan to some team while paying his full wage to improve youth player (sending a youth player to 2nd or 3rd division of the league would probably make him develop faster)
  • euanmc
    3 posts Ball Boy
    I know it's a common demand, but a PES like approach with cut scenes and a more personal feel would make it so much more interesting. Stuff like new kits, sponsorship deals and 3D press conferences would be great additions IMO
  • Fabrizio Orsi
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited June 2015
    Player Career Mode:
    -Be able to change positions throughout career, or learn new positions (like PES 2015)
    -More haircuts and beards
    -ID boots, like miAdidas and NIKEid
    -Better communication with manager, like asking for more playtime or asking to be spared.
    -Pick national team kit number
    -Be able to get more accessories (wrist tape that doesn't cover the entire hand, bracelets, earrings)

Manager Career Mode:
    -Keep budget from one season to another. The current system makes it pointless to start with a small club and try to make it a top one, as you can't get more money for the next season.
    -Update kits and badges. Example: when you get promoted with Fullham, you get BPL badges and numbers. Also, different number fonts for European competitions.
    -Team of the Season and Ballon D'Or. TOTS would make it easier to identify transfer targets.
    -Club World Cup
    -Ticket income each month based on team form and style of play. So, if you're winning matches and playing good, attacking football, you'll get a packed stadium.
    -Less parking the bus by the AI. They do it every single game after 75 minutes, with a draw or a win.
    -Pick friendlies (where they'll be played, and who you're playing against) and make friendly tournaments, like Emirates Cup.
    -Sign players with expiring contracts at any time.
    -More players with high (83+) potential. They don't necessarily have to reach it, it'll depend on you
    -Team scout reports. The scout will tell you how the other team plays, the form that they're in, how you should play, who you should play.
    -Improved morale and communication system
    -Create team, starting from lower divisions
    -Edit manager appearence
    -Realistic national team kit numbers (only go up to 23). Also, some players have different numbers for club and country ( Example: Thiago Silva wears number 2 for PSG and number 3 for Brazil)
    -You should be able to apply to a national team job

Other
    -Mix kits (Home shirt with away shorts and socks, for example)
    -More national teams
    -More difficulty levels
    -Better goal celebration animations, some are really robotic (like the air punch)
    -More goal celebrations
    -Better animations in general
    -Better GKs and refs
    -Mercurials and Magistas look awful
    Post edited by Fabrizio Orsi on
  • Fabrizio Orsi
    Kind of off-topic, but are we going to have any more boot updates for Fifa 15? Like the Intense Heat pack or the Hypervenom 2? If not, are those gonna be on Fifa 16?
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kind of off-topic, but are we going to have any more boot updates for Fifa 15? Like the Intense Heat pack or the Hypervenom 2? If not, are those gonna be on Fifa 16?

No were not, and we havent for over 3 months!

And probably not as there will be different boots out by then.

• Fabrizio Orsi
    RedDevil wrote: »

That's just stupid and lazy from them.
  • Fabrizio Orsi
    New stadiums would also be nice.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2015

Correct.

They cant even put the yellow hypervenoms that are already in the game (they did for Neymar only) on players that wear the new yellow ones, even though theyre pretty much the same! Same goes for the red superflys and orange magistas!

So now were now stuck with how this game is until Fifa 16! LAZY!!

• DeZoonVan
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I'm getting really tired of how the player career mode is in FIFA for the last couple of years. I've played PES a couple of times and to be honest, their player career (Become a Legend) is way ahead of that from FIFA.

I'll sum up the pro's that PES has and that FIFA 16 NEEDS to have:

- Starting on the bench and the possibility to be brought on.
    - When you're benched the possibility to fast forward the game (1.5x, 2x, 3x the speed).
    - When you're not a regular you have to play training matches, for example reserves against the starting 11. (Could be easily done, they' had training matches in FIFA 14)
    - The possibility of hiring an agent (the same way you're hiring scouts when you're the manager, the more stars the easier the negotiations).
    - You can send your agent to talk with clubs every time of the year up tot a total of 5 times and when you sign a contract you'll go there the first day the transfermarket is open.

And then there are a couple of suggestions i have:

- Your player doesn't need to be your virtual pro, this will be just an option.
    - The player has to be under 19, this way you can have a career of 15 seasons.
    - Individual awards such as: player and team of the year (every competition, even Euro League and Champions Cup) and variants of the Golden ball and Golden foot.
    - A trophy room where you see every award you have one, such as MOTM (just times X), team and player awards.
    - Signing sponsor contracts for a couple of years (up to 4 years max). For example if you're an unkown player and have a 1-2 star agent you can only choose from Under Armour and Warrior boots.
    - Every shirt of the teams you've played for in the throphy room with some variants such as debut shirts, cup final shirts etc.

If EA is going to make these adjustments to the FIFA 16 Player career mode it will be much more fun and realistic to play.

Just let me know what you guys think!
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    May i just add that 90% of everything suggested in this thread should already be in the game (Baffled that they are not) and / or used to be in the game but were removed!!
  • Fabrizio Orsi
    We need to make movements a bit less robotic, more fluid. Also, we need better refs. I was playing my Career Mode with Milan last night, and I had 3 penalties awarded against me in 3 matches, 2 being on the same match. And it was not like I even made a tackle, the players just sort of ran into each other. And I had many fouls that were not awarded for me, and many that were awarded for the AI that were completely nonexistant. A disaster
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    We need to make movements a bit less robotic, more fluid. Also, we need better refs. I was playing my Career Mode with Milan last night, and I had 3 penalties awarded against me in 3 matches, 2 being on the same match. And it was not like I even made a tackle, the players just sort of ran into each other. And I had many fouls that were not awarded for me, and many that were awarded for the AI that were completely nonexistant. A disaster

This annoys me! Fouls should NOT be given unless you've actually pressed the tackle button and committed a foul..

• Fabrizio Orsi

Correct.

They cant even put the yellow hypervenoms that are already in the game (they did for Neymar only) on players that wear the new yellow ones, even though theyre pretty much the same! Same goes for the red superflys and orange magistas!

They didn't even bother to make the new models, they just used an old colorway from Fifa 14. For the Tiempos/Magistas, they used the old CTR360s. Such a shame.
    But I do believe that we may see the Intense Heat pack or at least the Wolf pack in Fifa 16, because the same thing happened with 14 and 15. The Hypervenoms were released during the Fifa 13 lifetime, but we still saw the first one on Fifa 14. Same goes for the World Cup boots.
    So hopefully we'll see the Intense Heat ones, cause I really like them
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2015

Correct.

They didn't even bother to make the new models, they just used an old colorway from Fifa 14. For the Tiempos/Magistas, they used the old CTR360s. Such a shame.
    But I do believe that we may see the Intense Heat pack or at least the Wolf pack in Fifa 16, because the same thing happened with 14 and 15. The Hypervenoms were released during the Fifa 13 lifetime, but we still saw the first one on Fifa 14. Same goes for the World Cup boots.

It's not the point, the game has been totally neglected now. The least they can do is put players in the right colour boots seeing as Fifa 16 isn't out for 5 months and we cant edit players ourselves because of the winter gear bug!!
  • Fabrizio Orsi

Correct.

It's not the point, the game has been totally neglected now. The least they can do is put players in the right colour boots seeing as Fifa 16 isn't out for 5 months and we cant edit players ourselves because of the winter gear bug!!
    The point is EA doesn't care cause there's no competition, and people buy it regardless. We need another strong franchise, so that they will compete and try to make good games.
  • DC_United123
    774 posts Semi-Pro
    Malmo should have been in the CL this year in career. No idea why they didn't put them in there.
  • Scoot
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    Malmo should have been in the CL this year in career. No idea why they didn't put them in there.

You can edit what teams are in the champions cup and euro league at start of career mode. Although it doesn't mean they shouldn't have been there automatically anyway, but at least we can manually rectify it!
  • DC_United123
    774 posts Semi-Pro
    Scoot wrote: »

You can edit what teams are in the champions cup and euro league at start of career mode. Although it doesn't mean they shouldn't have been there automatically anyway, but at least we can manually rectify it!

You can only swap out teams from the same league. You can't add in new teams from other leagues.
  • Please allow people to change their pros position in career mode. I dont see why you cant eventually complete all of the accomplishments and max your pro at least in offline mode. Im sure somewhere in this thread it has already been mentioned, but it needs changing!
  • Scoot
    Scoot wrote: »

You can only swap out teams from the same league. You can't add in new teams from other leagues.

Ah I didn't know that. I normally randomise it!
  • DC_United123
    774 posts Semi-Pro
    Yes, I think you should definitely be able to change a players position. In real life managers have to do this all the time. Maybe with a LM to LW or ST to CF or maybe even a CDM to CB.
  • I play mainly manager career mode but I've done a lot of seasons with several clubs on fifa 15.

1 / Have not just training before the match, during the week also.

2 / Improve the evolutionary phase of young players: after 5-6 seasons in career the good players are rare and it should not be the case.

3 / Create a reserve team for all the great clubs who have at least (as recruiters we could hire a coach): it makes me crazy every time I see the first team Barça separated from the B team.

4 / The Brazilian and Argentine leagues have players very interesting, add them would be important for the career mode (for teams, recruitment and exchanges) and the game in general.

5 / For the transfer period make something decent and intelligent. I've seen too many times teams doing nothing good (the big teams buy players they don't need, I even saw OL sell all his attackers with very good price without buying after, they had only two players level 69-70 to these positions, i'm a big fan of this team so i have been more angry).

6 / Stop to make telling the players of our team that they want to leave the club when there is no reason, it happens in reality(players want to leave), but when in the game almost every season 2-3 players want to go and nothing to other teams it's not normal(personally I was disgusted to play because of that and I'm not the only one in this case).

7 / The manager case is extremely missed it is extremely difficult to change clubs, one must apply what is not very logical because it is the clubs that actually offers,if we manage another team before the end of the season and that the objectives have not been filled before we arrived we are fired on the last day (thank you, I just got here I did nothing). Only those tenders are false (example: Real Madrid offers to join them and at the moment to say yes nothing happens). This summer we mainly talk about two things, where will go Pogba and the number of coaches who leave and come. so it seems very important to treat this subject.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would definitely be cool to choose our own friendly opponents, and how many friendlies we play, 3, 4 or 5!

And also be able to play a pre-season tournament which would just be 2 games (a semi then final)
  • DC_United123
    774 posts Semi-Pro
    Would definitely be cool to choose our own friendly opponents, and how many friendlies we play, 3, 4 or 5!

And also be able to play a pre-season tournament which would just be 2 games (a semi then final)

I thought about that to be able to schedule your own friendlies but I usually just sim them anyway.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero

I thought about that to be able to schedule your own friendlies but I usually just sim them anyway.

I sim them too but only because I don't like playing against the random teams it gives me, i'd actually play them if I can choose my own friendlies..

• REID_ARMY
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    Should be able to appoint different assistant, first team coaches etc
  • Ability to choose keeper's kits, home/away, as well as refs kits, to not get any similar color kits in the game.
  • Scoot
    Yes, I think you should definitely be able to change a players position. In real life managers have to do this all the time. Maybe with a LM to LW or ST to CF or maybe even a CDM to CB.

This is a great idea. Maybe you have to play a player at say LW a set amount of games before you can change his position to reflect that?

Also player growth/ player generation is the main area I would like addressed. I don;t want some of my youths to be slow for example.
  • Manager preferences:

When you start a career, you can have an option to choose your favorite teams from all league (once per league, and optional to chose from some or all leagues) and choose your top 5 favorite international teams, so the career offers would be based on those choices ...