Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Career Mode Wishlist

Comments

• RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would like the option to choose my Pro and create stats for him, so he doesn't start as a useless idiot but a regular first teamer..
  • Something that could give career mode a massive upgrade is making it playable online with more people. You play games against the CPU and of course the other players.

Other minor improvements are more substitutions during pre-season games, Being able to transform a player into another position.

Another big thing I would like to see is the improvement (or decreasing) of leagues. I often play with my favorite team (Feyenoord) and let's say I win the Champions League the league doesn't improve. I think that if Feyenoord would win the Champions League in real life this would be a overall improvement in general for the Dutch football. So they could give the Dutch League one more place in the Champions League for example and the teams for money for example.
  • VanNostrilboy
    67 posts Park Captain
    edited May 2015
    Most of my desires for CM have been covered already

Stats is a major one for me, the idea of players stats from all seasons is something I'd really like to see. Also assists really need to be fixed, probably more of a gameplay issue but I'd say about 50% of them don't get credited even when they are blindly obvious. A goals and assists per game ratio would be nice with the career stats, we could just work it out but let's be honest it would be easy to implement.

Edit player needs a lot of work also. Not necessarily a career mode thing but it is important for it. I'd like created players to have more customisation. Creation centre was certainly better for that so I'd like to see that returned. It's stupid that if I want to create a player to add in to a career I can't chose his skill moves but instead have to give him high dribbling to get the desired skill moves. On the subject of skill moves I'd love a feature that would allow progression in this area, especially In young players. Maybe a system in which if a 3* skill player was using a lot of skill moves consistently over time he would eventually get upgraded to 4* etc. I'd also like to be able to manually change real players skill moves before I start a career because there's always a few players who are rated completely wrong, especially younger players.

As has been mentioned older players get punished way too much purely because they are old. It was some what better in FIFA 15 but still needs work. Maybe it would be better to downgrade certain stats of a player like speed and agility whilst upgrading defending or vision depending on the player as they would become more and more experienced.

Position progression is another great idea, we should be able to force position changes by playing a player In another area for a lengthy period. The new position could either be added to this players positions or eventually replace it if the original position is never used.

Weak foot progression In younger players. Scoring a lot of goals or simply completing a lot of passes over time should eventually help upgrade a players weak foot.

Height growth and weight gain in younger players. I don't want to sign 5'9 centre backs when they are 15 unless they can potentially grow to about 6 foot.

Unrealistic fixture rescheduling is a real pain and has been for a while as many have said. I should never have to player 2 games In 3 days or 4 In 8, with the exception of maybe the christmas period I'm England for example having 3 games in a week.

Also the transfer funds not carrying over is another gripe that many have, it encourages you to spend every transfer window but I like to try and keep my careers realistic and sometimes that means not spending a lot.

Loaned out players stats should be visible for all leagues and not just players you have loaned within your league. I want to see exactly how my players are doing. More realistic loans would be nice also, if I want to loan out a young prospect in my BPL career I don't want him to go to Southampton where he'll get as little game time as with my club. He needs to get experience and grow.

International breaks in the championship which was mentioned is very important. There are a lot of international players in that league and it has negatively effected every career I've done when playing in it.

More realistic transfers if at all possible would be nice as has been said. I liked the idea someone had of teams looking to fill positions that are weak or short rather than signing the same players every career. Pre contracts need to be allowed at any time also, there's no point letting a player become a free agent because they are unobtainable for users. Maybe an option to try and sign free agents before starting a career would work as I've never successfully signed any of the good free agents at the start of a career.

Disabling the first transfer season also would be nice as someone mentioned.

I would like to see the inability to sell recently bought players feature done away with also, no such restrictions exist in real life.

Players should be more willing to take a pay cut if they are deteriorating or not getting regular football.

Players moaning at a lack of game time for missing one or two games if extremely irritating. I can't field 22 players a game. The fitness if too punishing along with the fixture congestion for it to be possible to keep a squad happy. If I have a strong first XI I should be looking to field it as much as possible. Just look at Chelsea this season they haven't been accommodating players needs to keep everyone happy.

Players transfer worth needs some work, a lot of top quality players are worth under 20 million, that's not realistic in this day and age unless they are nearing the end of a contract. Well known high potential youth should not be easily obtainable either, Harry Kane would not sell for less than 25 million, even that is probably way too cheap.

That's all I can think of for now I've probably not covered a lot but will add to it if and when I think of more.
  • Sellish
    10024 posts Has That Special Something
    In Be A Pro. I want to start as a sub. It's unreal to just all of a sudden get to start a game and never ever start as a sub.

Chants would be cool and intervjus and scenes like in NBA2K.
  • Sellish
    Robbie9 wrote: »
    The AI transfers need to be fixed up in Be a Pro mode.

I often see clubs selling off players that would be needed for cover - e.g. selling a young back when there are only 5 other backs at the club. I've seen this at a club where they also had something like 8 goal keepers. This can be really annoying because I feel I need to check the line up of any club that I might want to sign for.

Haha this so much. Played as a striker in United. They sold De gea, lindegaard and Ben Amos. (before valdes) so "we" played with a bronze keeper named Taiti as a regular.
  • YouriFIFA
    15 posts Ball Boy
    In Player Career that you'll be able to send emails.to your manager, like: 'I'm sick, I can't play tomorrow' , something like that. Or position change r

• Sellish
    YouriFIFA wrote: »
    In Player Career that you'll be able to send emails.to your manager, like: 'I'm sick, I can't play tomorrow' , something like that. Or position change r
    This so much. I want the coach to be able to try out different positions for me. Test as a winger if you're a ST and all around the midfield and such. Renew contracts. Be able to complain and thank the coach. Be able to ask to get a chance to take a free kick, penalty or even a corner.
    Be able to become the captain
  • I would add possibility of scouting a players for longer time (for example whole season), which would help you to find out even their potential.

Also improving "be a pro" would be great, so it would be more like in NBA 2K15. Interviews, starring in commercials, etc.

And adding U21 teams in career mode.
  • I would add possibility of scouting a players for longer time (for example whole season), which would help you to find out even their potential.

Also improving "be a pro" would be great, so it would be more like in NBA 2K15. Interviews, starring in commercials, etc.

And adding U21 teams in career mode.

And adding a possibility to design your new jerseys for future seasons!
  • AlexFin
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In Manager Mode, Staff upgrade, Stadium upgrade, Sponsor, Chemistry, favourite player (like Gerrard for example), more things to do in career mode...
  • Messo
    6 posts Ball Boy
    edited May 2015
    Player career
    New Feature
    Vote in favorite starting team before the season

At the start of a new season as a player you will get the change to choose your favorite starting 11.
    This setup will be your starting squad in most matches. In case of injury or fatigue or if the team playes a lower team than the manager will change players. But in most matches it will be your favorite squad that starts.
    Example: when i was playing at Manchester City both Hart and Caballero were in the team. But the manager always chose for Caballero in the starting 11 despite Hart has beter stats and is starting goalie IRL.

Manager career
    New Feature
    Gameface for manager

The use of my gameface for my manager. The gameface is there to use for my player. Why not use it for my manager. Now i can only choose skincolor, length and sort of suit.

Manager career
    New Feature
    Agent for manager

The opportunitie to appoint a agent for manager mode. This agent can be sent out to search for a manager job in different countries.
    Now there are only job offers/vacancies for one or two different countries but you have no influence on it. This makes it almost impossible to switch to a desired country (maybe in a less predictable country).
    Example: after a few years of managing different teams around the world (mostly europe) i would like to return to my roots in the dutch Eredivisie. But i never get an offer from a dutch team. If i had a agent i could sent him out to check for jobs in a particular country.
    This will give you more influence over your career just like IRL.
  • Sellish
    All the things you can do in FM really. As a manager.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would like to be able to access the EASFC Catalogue without having to exit Career Mode...
  • m7amad3m
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    RedDevil wrote: »
    You could even have the following options: On, Off or Minor only (short-term injuries only)

That would be FANTASTIC!
  • DC_United123
    774 posts Semi-Pro
    I think somebody mentioned earlier but its ridiculous you can't buy a player after their loan expires. If their loan expires you should have the option to buy that player full time. Instead you have to go to the market and buy that player.
  • Kero_FIFA_King
    148 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 2015
    TROPHY ROOM SHOWING ALL TROPHIES WON + INTERNATIONAL TROPHIES WON APPEARING ON RECORD
    NEW FEATURE

In past FIFA's, when you won a trophy you could go on a section showing a picture of the trophy you won and how many of them you won. It would be really nice to have a trophy room showing your trophy records, imagine moving from one country to another regularly and winning all the trophies you can and challenge yourself to try win every trophy in all the big leagues, then looking at your trophy room and seeing all that you have achieved. It would be very nice.

Honestly career mode has so much potential to be amazing and im sure if EA put more effort into it, everyone will love it. The funny thing is that Career Mode has actually gotten a lot worse since fifa 06 - fifa 10 .. theyve actually removed very cool features like challenges, trophy room, staff upgrades etc and have replaced them with nothing or useless features.

If anyone has played the career modes on the NBA games you will see just how amazing it is because of the detail and effort put into it. You can have press conferences, there are studio discussions about your team and match previews etc, you can sign your own sponsorships, design your own boots, go on twitter, its amazing. I just hope EA will put effort into it.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    I wish Fifa had realistic transfer prices and budgets, again something FM does extremely well on..

Not only did I just get offered an unrealistic, pathetic £12mill for De Gea, but from Wolfsburg!?
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would also like a Data Editor installed onto my PS4 HDD from disc. Again, like in FM, so I can edit absolutely anything I want too.
  • Kero_FIFA_King
    I would also like a Data Editor installed onto my PS4 HDD from disc. Again, like in FM, so I can edit absolutely anything I want too.

Seriously this mode has the potential to be the beast, all EA is focusing on is Ultimate team so they can make more money. We need to start a trend or something get people tweeting EA with hashtag #BringBackCareerMode or something lol sounds wierd but somethings gotta be done they gotta realise that the people play this mode!
  • Dairee
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 2015

Seriously this mode has the potential to be the beast, all EA is focusing on is Ultimate team so they can make more money. We need to start a trend or something get people tweeting EA with hashtag #BringBackCareerMode or something lol sounds wierd but somethings gotta be done they gotta realise that the people play this mode!

CaniSports from YouTube started one on Twitter called #ChangeCareerMode, he got people to send him suggestions and he gave some of his own and they were sent to Rob Hodson.
  • Kero_FIFA_King
    Dairee wrote: »

CaniSports from YouTube started one on Twitter called #ChangeCareerMode, he got people to send him suggestions and he gave some of his own and they were sent to Rob Hodson.
    oh ok i see thanks man! sounds good hopefully they listen!
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dairee wrote: »

Are they realistic though? Of like the farcical "Game Changers" website they made?

All EA need to do is read this thread / forum...

• Nacio
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Give an option to edit player’s stats and position as the computer itself does not do this correctly (however the player progression should still be fixed as this is an option to make minor changes to players)
    • In career mode one should have the same options available in team management on the main screen
    o For example, editing teams line ups, editing players, editing positions
     Because as stated, the computer does a terrible job of all of this for other teams (again this should be fixed to)
     An example is when you play Barcelona later in Career mode, Messi starts in front of Suarez at ST, when as the user of career mode you should be able to edit messi to RW so that you can play a realistic game against them even though you are the manager for another team.
    • When changing player position or just putting a player in a different position in the line up, their OVR should change to reflect this change
    o This was a feature in the older FIFA’s that definitely should come back.

Player progression – the progression of a player should be based on performance and also their pre conceived progression based on their age and potential.
    • And as a user of Career mode (Manager or Player) you should be able to make minor adjustments to this
    o For Example; Harry Kane – his potential goes to 80 ovr in career mode, his progression should automatically make him at a 85 by the age of 24. Now if he continues his current for in future seasons in Career mode he should go up to an 88 by 24. Yet if he doesn’t continue to be a prolific scorer then he should only progress to an 83 or so. Now to make it more realistic in the eyes of the user of career mode one should have the option to edit the players to make it right (No bias at all I am actually a Chelsea fan lol).
    o Now for someone like myself, that would make changes to make career mode more competitive and realistic this will be GREAT!! And also make me take up way too much time playing FIFA lol. And I know for some they will just make their players 99 Ovr, but hey that is their choice I guess. But for a true fan who wants to make the game as realistic as possible this is a great a much needed fix to the game.

Transfers
    • To keep up with real life transfers or just realistic transfers a user should have the ability to have players make a preference of teams they would go to (like a list of top 5 teams) and also a similar list for Teams with players they would like to sign and go after. So when a team has a ridiculous transfer they would make like Lewandoski to PSG, the user should be able to change that teams list to make it more realistic.

Season Stats and Awards
    • You should be able to see all players stats for seasons in all competitions
    o Just like in the old Madden (haven’t played in a while so I don’t know if they still have it) You be able to see all career stats for any player
     Should include individual accolades and team trophies
    • There should be player awards in all leagues and be able to see all of them
    o Especially the ballon d'or
     If you can’t use the real name then use a generic name.

Manager Mode Team Change:
    If you win trophies and are successful with a club you should receive offers from other clubs to coach for them. And you should be able to apply to any job and actually be able to get hired lol.
  • So like the user above me said in his 'Season Stats and Awards' subject. I would like to see this very much. But I want it more expanded.

I would like to see a DB of statistics of players BEFORE FIFA16. So their real life statistics. I think that would be awesome. Same for clubs.

For example: You are starting a career with a low rated team like Burnley and you make them champions after some years. If this would happen in real life this would be a massive deal. The commentator could say something about it and your status as a manager should really go up.

Or with my own favourite team Feyenoord, we haven't been champions
  • Knuckleballs!!! Please! Definitely emphasize a little more on the knuckleballs, make them more realistic and more unpredictable, and obviously players like Ronaldo should have a higher chance of shooting a dangerous knuckleball. I would also suggest making career mode a little more movie-like. Make it feel as if you're living the dream!! Make the players interactive with the press, live interviews, fan interaction, SPONSORS!! Signings, building relationships, actuall off pitch training where you build relationships with your teammates! The ultimate game would be a GTA meets FIFA where the environment is strictly soccer related and you can go to your mansion and control the way your soccer life is handled. That would definitely be the ultimate fifa game. But for now I would focus and making the career a lot more movie-based and more realistic, we want to feel as if we're living the dream.
  • REID_ARMY
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    Dalero wrote: »
    Knuckleballs!!! Please! Definitely emphasize a little more on the knuckleballs, make them more realistic and more unpredictable, and obviously players like Ronaldo should have a higher chance of shooting a dangerous knuckleball. I would also suggest making career mode a little more movie-like. Make it feel as if you're living the dream!! Make the players interactive with the press, live interviews, fan interaction, SPONSORS!! Signings, building relationships, actuall off pitch training where you build relationships with your teammates! The ultimate game would be a GTA meets FIFA where the environment is strictly soccer related and you can go to your mansion and control the way your soccer life is handled. That would definitely be the ultimate fifa game. But for now I would focus and making the career a lot more movie-based and more realistic, we want to feel as if we're living the dream.

Ronaldo isn't good at FKs?
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    REID_ARMY wrote: »
    Knuckleballs!!! Please! Definitely emphasize a little more on the knuckleballs, make them more realistic and more unpredictable, and obviously players like Ronaldo should have a higher chance of shooting a dangerous knuckleball. I would also suggest making career mode a little more movie-like. Make it feel as if you're living the dream!! Make the players interactive with the press, live interviews, fan interaction, SPONSORS!! Signings, building relationships, actuall off pitch training where you build relationships with your teammates! The ultimate game would be a GTA meets FIFA where the environment is strictly soccer related and you can go to your mansion and control the way your soccer life is handled. That would definitely be the ultimate fifa game. But for now I would focus and making the career a lot more movie-based and more realistic, we want to feel as if we're living the dream.

Ronaldo isn't good at FKs?

free-kick-whoscored-football_3290309.jpg?20150413195203
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero

And make them a button config like in PES instead of everything in Fifa being AUTO!!!!!

• RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Another feature id like to see is when starting a new Manager CM you get to choose your previous history, ie. semi-pro footballer, professional footballer etc. just like we can do in FM, depending which you choose the board and fans pressure on you is higher/lower, so if you were relatively unknown you will get sacked easier, but they will have more patience with you if you are well known..
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2015
    And why does it tell me ive won Manager of the Month, but not when one of my players does too?

Do you devs even play this game!?