Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Career Mode Wishlist

Comments

• mjtheslambam323
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    RedDevil wrote: »
    * Transfer money you save up should carry over!!! For some reason every transfer window it gets reset and you lose it all :s totally ruins CM...

Strongly agree. At least a large portion of it.
  • Scoot
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 2015
    * Transfer money you save up should carry over!!! For some reason every transfer window it gets reset and you lose it all :s totally ruins CM...

Strongly agree. At least a large portion of it.

Well your season starting budget depends on how much you end your previous season with...

Also the money you earn from player transfers does not necessarily go straight into your budget in the new season. The club would use the money for other areas and then allocate a certain amount for new players for the new season.
  • markus_157
    11 posts Ball Boy
    One issue that affects the longevity of Career Mode is that players aren't replenished adequately. I'm in my 10th season of career mode, and I took over the German national squad in my 8th season. Several of the old guys are still around, like Muller, Goetze, Draxler and a few others, but there aren't very many high quality youngsters coming through to replace them. There are 2 or 3 regens that are quite good, but after that I have to fill out the squad with players rated in the 70s. The German national squad should not be relying on players in the 70s.

I think the problem lies in the regen system, and the random players who do not grow. When 3 of the best Germans retire, 3 regens are created, but only 2 of them become decent players. In the long run this makes for a lot weaker talent pool then there currently is. In my career, the Lahm regen was a dud and now Germany have no fullbacks rated higher then 75.

The only saving grace to this situation is that I started youth scouting in Germany right from the beginning of my career because I knew I eventually wanted to take over their national team. Because of that, I have enough quality to choose from. That isn't a very good fix to the problem though, because every other national and club team who I'm not running is suffering from lower talent.

What needs to be added in is a youth scouting system to every club team. If clubs all started off career mode with their own ability to scout local talent, and one or two youth players got promoted to the professional level each season, the talent level would be much better. This would be way more realistic, and would counteract the issue of players that randomly do not grow.
  • herdman816
    12 posts Ball Boy
    Be able to add on to your soccer stadium and add facilities.
  • IHW88
    18 posts Ball Boy
    markus_157 wrote: »
    One issue that affects the longevity of Career Mode is that players aren't replenished adequately. I'm in my 10th season of career mode, and I took over the German national squad in my 8th season. Several of the old guys are still around, like Muller, Goetze, Draxler and a few others, but there aren't very many high quality youngsters coming through to replace them. There are 2 or 3 regens that are quite good, but after that I have to fill out the squad with players rated in the 70s. The German national squad should not be relying on players in the 70s.

I think the problem lies in the regen system, and the random players who do not grow. When 3 of the best Germans retire, 3 regens are created, but only 2 of them become decent players. In the long run this makes for a lot weaker talent pool then there currently is. In my career, the Lahm regen was a dud and now Germany have no fullbacks rated higher then 75.

The only saving grace to this situation is that I started youth scouting in Germany right from the beginning of my career because I knew I eventually wanted to take over their national team. Because of that, I have enough quality to choose from. That isn't a very good fix to the problem though, because every other national and club team who I'm not running is suffering from lower talent.

What needs to be added in is a youth scouting system to every club team. If clubs all started off career mode with their own ability to scout local talent, and one or two youth players got promoted to the professional level each season, the talent level would be much better. This would be way more realistic, and would counteract the issue of players that randomly do not grow.

Yes, I agree! Then we can extend career mode past the limit
  • louis-robins5
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not sure if this has been said but having a separate record for your international career and creating you own boots
  • dinhooojp
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Improve AI of the team!!!

They are so dumb!!! I am playing of legend and they don't know what to do when they have the ball. Also the manager hired lewandwoski and put Suarez in reserve!!!

Improve the career mode and stop to get our money in ultimate team!!!
  • AlexFin
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    After I read a lot of ideas on the forums about the upcoming Fifa 16 Manager Mode, I will write here the best ideas I've read about. EA pay attention please:

- Promotion from league 2 to the BPL. Keep playing in front of 6.000 people with a budget of 500k...EA logic. Let us upgrade stadium (realistically) and get funds when we get promoted. A stadium upgrade would cost like 5 million or so (example).
    - Fix the transfer market. Chelsea sells all of their GK, nevermind we'll put Cahill in goal...Make it so that the AI calculates at which position it needs a player. Example: Barca buys Courtois. AI Chelsea notices this and is going to buy another GK.
    - Let AI clubs contract Free Agents and make FA available outside of the transfer window (like real life). There should be a battle between clubs over the best free agents players. It has to be difficult to sign good free agent player if I'm playing with League 2 team for example.
    - Staff upgrades. This is another one we had in '08, we could upgrade things like our coaches, and a stadium manager, rather than just scouts. It doesn't have to be as in-depth as the staff system in FM, if you just reskinned the '08 system it would be better than what we have now.
    - Make the morale system more realistic. What I mean by this is that if I drop a player who has played every game so far in that season to the bench, even if he is tired, will come to me and say he isn't getting enough game time. This is stupid. An example of this point is Klose's regen in my Bristol CM. He was my star striker, and 10 games into the BPL season, he had played every match, but was on red fitness. So I did the sensible thing, and didn't play him that game. However, he then complains about his game time and hands in a transfer request.
    - bring back the favourite player, a representative one, so that, if I'll sell him, risking upset fans and being fired.
    - The May update in growth system is stupid. They should grow every week. Change that.
    - Another problem in Fifa 15 is about buying young talents from the other teams. Because I can’t see the stat of the player, I usually buy the one player which has in the status “showing great potential” or “has potential to be special”. So EA you should make things better with other players too. I like the idea of form and growing feature.
    - Bring back sponsorship and ticket prices
    - Their should be a fan approval thing. It could rise and fall depending on certain transfers, media incidents, results etc. If it gets too low, you get fired, if it rises high, perhaps the board is then happy to give you sound funding.
    - When playing with a lower league team against Man City for example, in Fifa 15 I'm able to win easily with my team stats around 65-70 Ovr. You should make the OVR really count in Fifa 16.
    - When I'm signing high potential prospects at the age of 16 or 17 years old, they are playing like best players in top teams. Let's be serious, they are too young for playing like that. There must be an evolution. When a player scores a lot or is playing outstanding, the OVR should grow clearly so we can reach the potential in max 3 seasons.
    - There must be hard to keep good players in low rated teams, so I should be able doing that by winning something. I won the Premier League and my best player wants to leave and more then that, the board will sell him at a lower price. This is unrealistically.
    - Commentary needs completely revamp.

So EA, those are best ideas in the opinion of thousand of Fifa fans.
  • Evra
    2236 posts Fans' Favourite
    Would it ever be possible to have online career modes with friends?
  • One of the drawbacks for me is the Youth Scouting system in 15 - almost every single player I scout has the pace of a slug, even wingers and full backs who you would expect to have a bit of speed. Also none of them appear to grow physically throughout their careers (i.e. all the techincal attributes grow but things like strength, acceleration etc remain as they were when you first signed them, surely some players would get quicker / stronger as they evolve?). I'm a massive fan of youth scouting but it does ruin it slightly for me.
  • Kramer
    7 posts Ball Boy
    Club Development/Finances

New Feature

Taking staff upgrades a step further, Club development/Finances would involve controlling ticket prices to even stadiums. Manager mode needs more decisions and control to be put on us, the person behind the controller, rather than aesthetic "improvements" each year.

-Upgrading/Remodeling stadiums and 1st team/youth training facilities
    -Building brand new stadiums when relocating a team
    -Community development
    -Staff upgrades
    -Managing club debt/loan payments
    -Controlling ticket prices (i.e. low/med/high) (was in Fifa 09 I think)
    -Making sponsorship agreements every 2 seasons (was in Fifa 09 I think)
    -Possibly interaction with fan clubs or "ultras"

Basically, the capability to turn a small club into a "big" club.
  • Kramer
    7 posts Ball Boy
    Youth Scouting Overhaul

New Feature

-Physical development to be fixed
    -Squad roles to be fixed when they are signed from the youth squad. I agree with the players to be future 1st teamers and when I go back to offer them new contracts it says their previous squad role was crucial or important 1st teamer.
    -Just scout by position, not player type. Simpler is better.
    -I haven't noticed odd names, but others have, so.
    -Some kind of u21 league so they can get consistent game time.
    -Weak foot and skill star improvement over time.
    -Fix the potential of players so the little phrase(i.e potential to be special) next to their status in their player profile does not determine their actual potential and growth. Also, going out on loan won't change their final potential.
  • Kramer
    7 posts Ball Boy
    Free transfers

Small fix

Players either sign pre-contracts or sign new contracts with their club. There is never real free transfers, especially for players under the age of 23. There should be lots of media spotlight of upcoming players to be available on a Bosman like there is in real life.
  • mjtheslambam323
    Dairee wrote: »
    Handball needs to be fixed too! I have it turned on and not once have I given away or gotten a free kick for handball, even if the ball clearly hits a players hand.

Agreed. I remember in FIFA 14 handballs were legit. I would turn it on and rip a shot from 20 yards hoping sometimes itd hit a hand and Id be offered a penalty. But yes now Ive had handballs on and I've never gotten a free kick or penalty.
  • mjtheslambam323

Hey man have you figured out how to handle this issue? I have figured it out and the first transfer season ended for me and I have an outstanding 140,000,00 budget. Let me know and ill help you.
  • Samuel
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 2015
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but when I've had my player called up for the international tournaments the game just bypasses them. Implementing a feature of coming off the bench could add more realism to the game. More media interaction would be a plus too.

Edit: And more sensible transfers, if you have four defenders in your squad I'd be surprised to see the money being spent on a forward who'll be played at LB unless you're Van Gaal.
    Post edited by Samuel on
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero

Hey man have you figured out how to handle this issue? I have figured it out and the first transfer season ended for me and I have an outstanding 140,000,00 budget. Let me know and ill help you.

No i still lose everything! PM please mate if you know a fix :) or just tell us in here..
  • Scoot
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 2015
    Revamp growth.

Young players say aged 16 - 22 focus on physical stats increasing with slight increases to technical stats

Players aged 23 - 28 technical stats become the focus of growth along with physicals and mental stats start gaining slight increase

Players aged 28 - 32 technical stats and mental stats the focus with physcials becoming stagnant

Aged 33+ physical stats start to decreasing, technical stats become stagnant whilst mental stats remain with moderate growth.

Something along those lines anyway. The ages may be up for debate and you could perhaps add another age group in there somewhere, but the idea is there anyway.
  • DC_United123
    774 posts Semi-Pro
    Remember how in old FIFA's like in 04 or 05 maybe you could assign points to the coaching staff. I can't remember exactly how it was because it's been a while. I think you could also raise ticket prices. I think it would be pretty cool if they totally revamped that and brought it back.
  • IHW88
    18 posts Ball Boy
    What about this for an idea: Making Managers like Players (only for CPU obviously). If a team doesnt perform, he gets sacked and they bid for another one. Each manager has his own stats (tactics) and the teams play accordingly. Ive seen a few times where some teams dont change formations, bad choices in the transfer market etc
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sort Fixtures & results each team.
    Show Other League stats
  • RedDevil wrote: »
    * Loans: Loan players should not be allowed to play against their parent club, so if I have a player on loan and come up against the team I have loaned him from, I should not be able to select him. Same goes for players I have loaned out, the opposition shouldn't be allowed to select that player to play against me.

* Substitutions: International games should have 12 named substitutes, in which you can use 6 for friendlies and 3 for competitive games.

You should also be able to name 12 substitutes for pre-season friendlies for club teams.

* Cut-Scenes: Please add these for new signings / manager unveilings etc..

* Disable Transfers: Just like you added the option to disable them for the 1st Transfer Window, please add an option to disable them for the entire 1st season..

Also add the option to have user transfers only, so the A.I. can't make any signings.

* Injuries: Please add the option to turn them Off. I know injuries exist in real life but for us that just want to play games with our best players its annoying to start a brand new CM and get 2 games into the season and Bale is out for 6 months? For those who don't mind this they can keep them turned On, but at least give us the option to turn them Off.

You could even have the following options: On, Off or Minor only (short-term injuries only)

* Team Talks: They were in the World Cup game, I think? Pre-game and half-time Team Talks.

* Media Interaction: More interaction between the media / players / board etc..

* Ballon D'or: Add a Cut-Scene of a player receiving the Ballon D'or, Player & Team of the Year Awards.

Use the sliders for injuries i.e. put frequency to 0.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    JD317 wrote: »
    * Loans: Loan players should not be allowed to play against their parent club, so if I have a player on loan and come up against the team I have loaned him from, I should not be able to select him. Same goes for players I have loaned out, the opposition shouldn't be allowed to select that player to play against me.

* Substitutions: International games should have 12 named substitutes, in which you can use 6 for friendlies and 3 for competitive games.

You should also be able to name 12 substitutes for pre-season friendlies for club teams.

* Cut-Scenes: Please add these for new signings / manager unveilings etc..

* Disable Transfers: Just like you added the option to disable them for the 1st Transfer Window, please add an option to disable them for the entire 1st season..

Also add the option to have user transfers only, so the A.I. can't make any signings.

* Injuries: Please add the option to turn them Off. I know injuries exist in real life but for us that just want to play games with our best players its annoying to start a brand new CM and get 2 games into the season and Bale is out for 6 months? For those who don't mind this they can keep them turned On, but at least give us the option to turn them Off.

You could even have the following options: On, Off or Minor only (short-term injuries only)

* Team Talks: They were in the World Cup game, I think? Pre-game and half-time Team Talks.

* Media Interaction: More interaction between the media / players / board etc..

* Ballon D'or: Add a Cut-Scene of a player receiving the Ballon D'or, Player & Team of the Year Awards.

Use the sliders for injuries i.e. put frequency to 0.

Sliders are for Gameplay, not Career Mode..
  • Use the sliders for injuries i.e. put frequency to 0.[/quote]

Sliders are for Gameplay, not Career Mode..
    [/quote]

True...but in the scheme of things...career mode with injuries as is can be fine and if someone wants none...use the sliders.
  • mjtheslambam323

No i still lose everything! PM please mate if you know a fix :) or just tell us in here..

Hey man so this might be a little hard to explain but ill try.

The trick is to wait until after you've won the champions league or the league title or when the season is about to end. Before you reach the End Season choice you want to have a young or useless player on your squad that u might not want for the future.

You then go to your Transfer Budget and slide it almost all the way to the Wage side. You know, when your Transfer Budget gets low and the wage gets higher.

Then find the player of choice that u will want to sell in the future, like the next August Transfer Window, or July or you know the Summer Transfer Windows.

Go to Contracts and choose your player of choice and sign him to a 1 year contract and have the wage of the deal as high as possible but not all of your weekly wage. For example I signed my player to a deal worth about 960,000 in weekly wages.

The player then should agree to the contract in a few days before you have to advance to next season.

Sure once he signs it, it will look like your broke as ever. But wait until the Summer Transfer Window and Transfer List that player. Most likely someone will want to buy him so accept and the weekly wage u gave him will go back into the new seasons Transfer Budget Wage.

You will then have say, maybe 30 - 45 million after the new seasons budget comes but your Wage will be around 1,000,000. So then go back to the Transfer Budget and slide it from Wage to Transfer Budget and you'll get that money back you spent on the players Wage, into your Transfer Budget.

Sounds a lil confusing im sure but next time I am on FIFA ill write down the steps I do. Hopefully you could understand and give it a try and have a huge Budget and buy the players you want with no probably.
  • AlexFin
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In Fifa 16, the lowest rated teams such as the teams from English League 2, must have the lowest rated players below 50 OVR. In Fifa 15, when I'm playing with Exeter City against QPR (just an example), I can trash them 3 - 0. This is not real, not real at all... We have to have the feeinig is very difficult to eliminate from FA Cup a team from Premier League with ours low rated players.

Another problem in Fifa 15 is many people has been blocked on Professional level because on World Class difficulty is hard to play for them. Of course, there are sliders but that will be an altered experience. In Fifa 16 you should come with more difficulties levels to choose from.

Career Mode has to change and has to be better because after a couple of seasons it seems the same every time you play. AL teams must develop to be competitive, things that in Fifa 15 doesn't exist. In fact, In Fifa 15 as the seasons past, the AL teams are weaker.

I know there is a lot to change in Career Mode but you have to do it EA. We are waiting for the official info regarding the New Career Mode. Hope you read all the post here on forums and you did something.
  • markus_157
    11 posts Ball Boy
    IHW88 wrote: »
    What about this for an idea: Making Managers like Players (only for CPU obviously). If a team doesnt perform, he gets sacked and they bid for another one. Each manager has his own stats (tactics) and the teams play accordingly. Ive seen a few times where some teams dont change formations, bad choices in the transfer market etc

I like this idea a lot. It would be nice to see a club changing tactics now and again over many years of career mode.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    * I would like the option to make a permanant offer for a player i have on Loan, take Falcao for example, at Man Utd when you click R3 on him to view player, you only get the option to terminate his loan, why cant i have an option to buy him? So when his loan ends he officially signs for me on a permanent deal..

Common sense EA, common sense..
  • richisdisturbed
    387 posts Sunday League Hero
    The main thing carreer mode needs, & the thing I've been wanting since the inception of online gaming is, a connected career mode. NFL has it, why can't we?
  • Mr. Knäckebröd
    287 posts Sunday League Hero
    The main thing carreer mode needs, & the thing I've been wanting since the inception of online gaming is, a connected career mode. NFL has it, why can't we?

I don't know how that works, but i won't sell you my Pogba :D