Players from the same country should have a strong link

kunszn16
292 posts Sunday League Hero
These recent German and French tournaments made me realize that national team players should have just as strong connections as players on club teams have (a green connection worth 2 links).

Those guys from Germany have such good chemistry in real life such as Kroos, Schweinsteiger, and Ozil, and the links between them should be strong to reflect that regardless of what country they play their club football in. The same can be said for Spain (Fabregas, Iniesta, Torres), Netherlands (Robben, Sneijder, Van Persie), and plenty of other nations.

If FIFA chemistry is supposed to mirror the relationships between individual players accurately, I think this would be a welcomed addition (and also allow for more flexibility and creativity for hybrids).

*Also, Messi really shouldn't have the same chemistry link with Aguero (Messi is godfather to Aguero's son) as he does with Pepe, right? :D

Comments

• TBF it should be between a club link and a league link something like the old chem system with 1.5 for club and country and 1 for league
  • Godfarmer
    345 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2015
    In some cases yes, but do you think Harry Kane and Micha Richards talk all that much? I would like to see better chemistry in the next game where old team mates link well or national team mates. Imagine if kolo or Yaya moved leagues in the summer and they had only one link, crazy!

Thing is it is difficult to implement so they just use a blanket rule. Plus we all know chemistry is fairly redundant anyway
  • Koning Spijker
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yep, they definitely should bring back those ,5 chem links
  • Kove
    4351 posts National Call-Up
    Until he moved to the Bundesliga Kevin Prince Boateng didn't have any chemistry with his brother.
  • eyedea
    158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited April 2015
    I agree with most here the 1,5 nation link was awesome they need to put this back into the game. You had much more options by making team's in general.
  • criminal3655
    649 posts Sunday League Hero
    Godfarmer wrote: »
    In some cases yes, but do you think Harry Kane and Micha Richards talk all that much? I would like to see better chemistry in the next game where old team mates link well or national team mates. Imagine if kolo or Yaya moved leagues in the summer and they had only one link, crazy!

Thing is it is difficult to implement so they just use a blanket rule. Plus we all know chemistry is fairly redundant anyway

About the link to old teammates, I remember seeing something from chu or rob that said that wouldn't be possible due to licensing restrictions - would be nice though

• Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah, they should just bring it back to the old system where a nation link was worth 1.5 instead of 1. That sounds about right to me. They had something like that in the World Cup mode too where same nation was worth 2.5 rather than 2.
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    Kove wrote: »
    Until he moved to the Bundesliga Kevin Prince Boateng didn't have any chemistry with his brother.
    :sweat_smile:
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    murazor wrote: »
    That is funny, but you can't honestly expect them to program specific chemistry links for every set of relatives in world football.
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    Orikoru wrote: »
    murazor wrote: »
    That is funny, but you can't honestly expect them to program specific chemistry links for every set of relatives in world football.

Yes, it's not EA's fault that they chose to play for different National teams.

• I'd be happy for it to go back to 1.5 for nationality links but for them to do old teammates and all that? Nah
  • jbunnerz
    1304 posts Professional
    To be honest I think they should completely change chem, scrap the chemistry lines. I would like it so it was based on the whole team. Would be hard to program but I would like it so that it doesn't matter how far they are on the pitch each individual player had an effect on chemistry.

e.g. Debuchy in RB gets Giroud in STR full chem same for Azpilicueta and Costa. yes they play other ends of the pitch but it would allow for much more interesting teams instead of the same combinations year on year. Quite hard to explain but basically not being constrained by chem lines. And players can get chemistry from wherever a potential link would be in the team.
  • kunszn16
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Godfarmer wrote: »

You could be right, but I don't think Micah Richards talks to Francesco Totti all that often either and they have the same chemistry link value.

International teammates are part of a team in just the same way club teammates are part of a team is my point. If you break it down individual by individual you could argue Mario Balotelli and Falcao should have no links with their teammates and so on.
  • libertao
    1001 posts Professional
    edited April 2015
    Make team chem the only relevant number, make <100 chem have a bigger impact. Would open up so many more possible teams.

The reason they got rid of 1.5 chem was because it was much simpler to have no/single/double/triple link -- but on another note, when they do that they should at least have a different color for triple link!

edit: also, allow doubling up manager league & nation chem bump.