810 posts Semi-Pro
    Reserve
  • Dean
    810 posts Semi-Pro
    Reserve
  • Dean
    810 posts Semi-Pro
    Thank you for your co-operation.

Playing with custom sliders which slow the game right down and make it much more realistic, hopefully I can represent that on the scoreboard.

Season One Objectives: Don't get sacked.

You may post.
  • The Gamingnator
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited April 2015
    Good luck Dean, yea being Real is a joke sometime also Ronaldo will leave at the end of the summer transfer :( in the first season or are you in the 2019/2020 season?
  • Dean
    810 posts Semi-Pro
    Good luck Dean, yea being Real is a joke sometime also Ronaldo will leave at the end of the summer transfer :( in the first season or are you in the 2019/2020 season?

Cheers, nah the title is a reference to how badly my career modes have gone in recent history. :D Starting from 2014/15. Do you mean he'll leave at the end of the season?
  • The Gamingnator
    edited April 2015
    Dean wrote: »

Cheers, nah the title is a reference to how badly my career modes have gone in recent history. :D Starting from 2014/15. Do you mean he'll leave at the end of the season?

ah I get you now :) and no he'll request to leave just before deadline day in the summer transfer market just before Real Sociedad match (which would be the Alt. Madrid Match IRL) unless EA have patched it so he doesn't leave now
  • Dean
    810 posts Semi-Pro

ah I get you now :) and no he'll request to leave just before deadline day in the summer transfer market just before Real Sociedad match (which would be the Alt. Madrid Match IRL) unless EA have patched it so he doesn't leave now

Ah okay. I usually turn off the first transfer window because of all the stupid transfers elsewhere so hopefully it'll be fine.

• The Gamingnator

Ah okay. I usually turn off the first transfer window because of all the stupid transfers elsewhere so hopefully it'll be fine.

ah okay never knew that man sorry
  • JoshDFC
    1933 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good luck :smile:
  • Ashy
    8387 posts League Winner
    good luck
  • Ahmer50x
    11941 posts Has That Special Something
    gl!
  • Dean
    810 posts Semi-Pro
    FERNAN-DOH!

PWCvkoC.png

Supercopa de España 1st Leg

Torres 39' 66'

This is the first time Atletico and Real have ever contested the Supercopa, and supporters of the European Champions will have been left with a bitter pill to swallow after a less than impressive showing at home to their fierce rivals.

Fernando Torres was the headline maker as he made his long awaited return to Los Rojiblancos, putting Real to the sword with a goal either side of half time. The first; a looping header from a Turan corner that dipped just between the underside of the bar and the fingertips of the despairing Navas. The Costa Rican could do nothing about the second either as Torres poked home from six yards after a scramble in the box.

Carlo Ancelotti remained upbeat despite the mountain his side now has to climb:

"It is only half time in the tie. Yes, we must win by three goals but we get very unlucky tonight, on another day we win the match and have the advantage going into next week. There is still much to play for."
  • Dean
    810 posts Semi-Pro
    "DISGRACEFUL"

21jKIgl.png

Supercopa de España 2nd Leg

Suárez 50' Giménez 70' | Pepe sent off 89'

Carlo Ancelotti branded Real Madrid's 4-0 aggregate defeat to near neighbours Atlético as "the worst moment in my managerial career."

There was an air of expectation about Real's chances in the return leg after an unquestionably harsh result a few days previously. Three changes were made as Casillas, Coentrao and World Cup starlet James Rodriguez were brought in for Navas, the injured Marcelo, and Isco respectively but Real quite simply never got out of the traps and staggered their way to the final whistle like a wounded animal.

The goals, both coming in the second half were scored by Mario Suárez and José Giménez, the latter scoring his first ever goal for Atleti to complete the overall rout. Pepe unsurprisingly saw red late in the tie for a reckless tackle on Giménez borne purely out of frustration. He will now miss the La Liga opener against Atlético on Friday.

As Diego Simeone celebrated with his players after avenging the agonizing Champions League final defeat in May, his counterpart was left furious when interviewed:

"Some say that this trophy doesn't mean anything and it seems the players share that thought. The performance was disgraceful, this is probably the worst moment of my managerial career. We should be trying to win every competition and that is now what we must do to save our season. The players owe the fans and as of Friday I expect to see a change."

Next game: Atlético Madrid (H) - La Liga (Match 1)
  • Ashy
    8387 posts League Winner
    ouch thought the first leg was horrible but you are then hit with the same score again. Fortunately it is just a cup, one of the least important trophies of the season, make sure you give Atletico a beating at home in the first league game and kick off the season with a bang
  • JoshDFC
    1933 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hopefully you can get your revenge in the league see if Varane can step up in Pepes absence
  • RAUL94
    508 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just stop.
  • Dean
    810 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2015
    La Liga - Match 1

Kroos 40' Coentrão 53' Benzema 82' | Suárez 32' Torres 48'

gTmsK0v.png

Seldom is a season opener described as a must win game, but this was very much the case for Real Madrid who set about on a revenge mission after succumbing to a 4-0 aggregate defeat in the Supercopa last week; against their opening day opponents, Atlético Madrid.

It was clear how important this game was for Real who came out of the traps flying and were unlucky not to be in front within the opening quarter as Kroos, Ronaldo and Benzema all forced the visiting keeper into good stops. But it was an all too familiar tale for the fans as they saw their team left exposed at the back from a corner and Suárez, who all but killed off the tie in the 2nd leg last week, made no mistake when played through on goal by Turan.

Any serious concerns were quickly dispelled however as the unlikely source of Toni Kroos fired the hosts level going into half time. Normal service resumed? Absolutely not. Just as the nerves looked to have been calmed, that man Fernando Torres put the visitors back in front with his third of the season.

The drama continued as within five minutes of said goal, Real were level again. Another surprising addition to the scoresheet in Fábio Coentrão who ran from his own half before firing across the keeper into the bottom corner of the goal. As the game looked to be heading for a draw, Gareth Bale bombed down the right hand side and sent in an inch perfect ball which met the head of Karim Benzema who nodded in at the near post. Cue scenes of hysteria/relief in the stands and on the sideline as Los Merengues got their league campaign off to a flyer.

FROM THE DUGOUT
    "It is a great win. After the previous two games, and going behind again in the same manner, many teams would collapse. But credit to the players for sticking at it and I am glad we got the rewards in the end. It sets us up nicely for the season ahead where we can hopefully achieve great things."

NEWS IN BRIEF
    • Barcelona, Sevilla and Athletic Bilbao all state their intentions with opening day wins to nil.
    • Marcelo and Pepe are both available after their respective injury/suspension.
    • The Champions League draw sees Real Madrid grouped with FC Basel, AS Monaco and Napoli.

NEXT GAME
    Córdoba CF (H) - La Liga (Match 2)
  • RAUL94
    508 posts Sunday League Hero
    RAUL94 wrote: »
    Just stop.

Jokes. Well done.
  • Dean
    810 posts Semi-Pro
    33w7btg.gif

I actually played the game before you said that, just haven't found time to update... until Tuesday morning. Changed passing to semi-assisted, everything else still manual, makes a huge difference.
  • Ashy
    8387 posts League Winner
    Very good win in the end, gotta love Benzema getting you the winner too