The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

whats so good about Mourinho style that makr so many thinks he's the best in the world?

RichieDaSavage
1747 posts Play-Off Hero
I've been saying this for a long time, that Jose Mourinho is a good manager but he's still not on the level of Fergie/Guardiola due to the fact the football he gets his sides playing is pretty simple and he does nothing truly.
Good manager but uses basic tactics but yet so many think he's a genius.....

Comments

• benhoward12
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Easy to say after a loss, forgot how good he was last year? thats why
  • Indrit
    1966 posts Play-Off Hero
    You've made this thread before haven't you? Why don't you just read through the replies you got last time? :)
  • MemphisDepay
    6020 posts Big Money Move
    All he did last year was being a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and blaming everything but himself. Dont think they won the title cuz of him

• RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    I said the same thing last year and I still believe in what I said. He got the job done but that's about it, he tries to win games the easy way instead of styling it out.
  • DiMaria7
    713 posts Semi-Pro
    Guardiola, has only have had easy jobs. I can manage Bayern and Barca to titles too.
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    Even Di Matteo won the Ucl by playing defensive...
  • his resume, not his style.
  • EGY-Aviatorz
    5162 posts Big Money Move

• Jfo88
    22939 posts Club Captain
    Simeone style is worse
  • Jfo88 wrote: »
    Simeone style is worse

he said he's switching it to a far more offensive one this year. Martinez-Vietto-Griezman-Oli Torres-Yannick Carrasco.. looking forward to it.
  • Jfo88
    22939 posts Club Captain
    holdenwait wrote: »
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    Simeone style is worse

he said he's switching it to a far more offensive one this year. Martinez-Vietto-Griezman-Oli Torres-Yannick Carrasco.. looking forward to it.

I hope so they have amazing offensive talent
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    Playing defensively all season long is nothing amazing.
  • It's not about style it's about results for Chelsea.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    DiMaria7 wrote: »
    Guardiola, has only have had easy jobs. I can manage Bayern and Barca to titles too.
    Why do you think top teams want him in charge?
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why do you think top teams want him in charge?

• RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    To play the guardiola way is a lot harder than plan the Mourinho way as well.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    Professional football is about WINNING. It is NOT about the style you play. Most of his job is about motivating extremely rich young men with big egos. Getting them to buy in to a style of play that is more about defensive solidarity and sacrificing for the team is an incredible job of man management. He deserves ALL the praise he gets.

BTW, I cant stand the man ,I support Arsenal , but he is a great motivator of men.
  • Xtc

I disagree. It is easier to get player to buy in to expansive football. Pep is a mini Wenger. He has won with the best players in the world on his team, but I am not sure he is anything like the man manager Jose is. He is an idealist. Jose is a pragmatist. Does what it takes to get results.

• RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    Xtc wrote: »
    Professional football is about WINNING. It is NOT about the style you play. Most of his job is about motivating extremely rich young men with big egos. Getting them to buy in to a style of play that is more about defensive solidarity and sacrificing for the team is an incredible job of man management. He deserves ALL the praise he gets.

BTW, I cant stand the man ,I support Arsenal , but he is a great motivator of men.
    The players at Chelsea wouldn't be where they where if they wont motivated and it goes for all or at least most players at top clubs, even Messi.

Also, if it was simply about winning then most fans wouldn't even watch football. I certainly wouldn't, I watch football because its competitive and there's a lot of drama involved.
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero

I disagree. It is easier to get player to buy in to expansive football. Pep is a mini Wenger. He has won with the best players in the world on his team, but I am not sure he is anything like the man manager Jose is. He is an idealist. Jose is a pragmatist. Does what it takes to get results.
    Hey lets not forget he managed Real Madrid and Chelsea, where he was allowed to spent as much as he wanted to during his first spell in charge.
  • Xtc

Hey lets not forget he managed Real Madrid and Chelsea, where he was allowed to spent as much as he wanted to during his first spell in charge.

And he did not stay. Because the egos involved. Its not about spending as such ,its about him getting the most from players and he is very good with his TYPE of player. A squad of huge stars would not be a good fit for him.
  • Xtc

The players at Chelsea wouldn't be where they where if they wont motivated and it goes for all or at least most players at top clubs, even Messi.

Also, if it was simply about winning then most fans wouldn't even watch football. I certainly wouldn't, I watch football because its competitive and there's a lot of drama involved.

Professional football IS about winning. To say anything else is ludicrous really. Ask any fan if he wants to win the title OR look good and finish 5th. Sure , the teams we revere did both at times, but the EPL is not a league you can win without learning to win ugly and Mourinho teams are VERY good at that. Its why they consistently win.

• Auslo17
    1341 posts Professional

I hope you are joking
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    Auslo17 wrote: »

I hope you are joking
    Lol l, I will never know why so many folks think he's job is so easy. :D