Garth Crooks Wisdom Thread

Sloosh
6751 posts Big Money Move
sportcourt-header.png

Garth Anthony Crooks OBE (born 10 March 1958) is a retired English football player of Jamaican ancestry. He played for Stoke City, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United, West Bromwich Albion and Charlton Athletic. Throughout his career he was an active member of the Professional Footballers' Association and was elected the first black chairman of the union. He currently works for the BBC as a pundit.

Comments

• Sloosh
    _82276541_garth.png

On Cahill:
    "It was no easy game for Chelsea at QPR. A small, bumpy pitch; the sun shinning irritatingly in your eyes every time you go to head the ball. The longer the game remained 0-0 the more defenders felt the pressure. Well, Gary Cahill coped with all those elements as well as any defender on the pitch against a desperate QPR who were unlucky not to get a point from this match. The jubilation from the Chelsea players at the end of this struggle was further evidence of what these three points meant."

On Vlaar:
    "You cannot go to White Hart Lane, keep a clean sheet and come away with all three points and not have a defender picked out for commendation. That defender was Ron Vlaar."

On Cresswell:
    "What a goal by Aaron Cresswell against Stoke! It's the sort of goal that lefties can produce more often than most. Poor old Asmir Begovic gambled by trying to guess where Cresswell was going to put the ball and guessed wrong."

On Vardy:
    "From the moment he dispossessed West Brom defender Gareth McAuley, Leicester striker Jamie Vardy looked like a man on a mission; to put the ball in the back of the net. Leicester City got what they deserved by taking all three points away from a West Brom side who in the latter stages of the game seemed completely overrun by the Foxes. Leicester's victories against West Ham last week and now West Brom have given them a chance to survive the drop. Now that is what I call a great escape."

On Young:
    "The versatile Ashley Young showed again that under the direction of Louis van Gaal he has looked back to his best this season. With one goal and an assist in the most important game of the term, Young has me thinking about a possible recall to the international scene again. And who would have ever thought that?"
  • Farlz
    7740 posts League Winner
    CHNHxNi.gif
  • G000ner
    3653 posts National Call-Up
    good to see Ron Vlaar included.
  • ffs Martan
    9792 posts League Winner
    You do not deserve this thread
  • Sloosh
    ffs Martan wrote: »
    You do not deserve this thread

waited for some rf hierarchy to make it but no one came forward, I feel like I am ready to take the step up and take it on

• Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    This is from last week.

On Bellerin:
    "What a goal from the teenager. Arsenal have had some great left-backs in their time but I can't remember Kenny Sansom or Ashley Cole producing such cultured finishing during their time at Highbury."
  • Sloosh
    i'll introduce a hall of fame section and forumers can add quotes past or present as they see fit into it
  • Sloosh
    or maybe not
  • ffs Martan
    9792 posts League Winner
    See this is what happens when a boy attempts to take the role only a man can fill
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    This is from last week.

On Bellerin:
    "What a goal from the teenager. Arsenal have had some great left-backs in their time but I can't remember Kenny Sansom or Ashley Cole producing such cultured finishing during their time at Highbury."
    Does he realize that Bellerin is a RB? :lol:
  • G000ner
    edited April 2015
    PES wrote: »
    This is from last week.

On Bellerin:
    Does he realize that Bellerin is a RB? :lol:

He only considers players who score, have personal life issues, play for Chelsea and if they keep a clean sheet at white hart lane apparently. And since Bellerin's goal came with his left foot, he must be left footed and a left back. Michael Owen assumed a similar thing unsurprisingly.
  • G000ner
    edited April 2015
    no
  • Tamerlane
    5281 posts Big Money Move
    I loved this bit at the end on Benteke:

"His headed goal against Spurs, which gave Villa the victory, was far more important than all the talk about Tim Sherwood's return to the club. After all it was Tottenham who gave Sherwood his chance in management prior to showing him the door. "
  • Chubbs
    14093 posts Has That Special Something
    all i could think about when i read the thread title....

5-questions-about-garth-brooks-christmas-album-co-1-28748-1356041299-2_big.jpg
  • Welbeck
    5102 posts Big Money Move
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015
    :D Why the **** is Garth Crooks on Sky News at 8 o'clock in the morning talking about *******?
  • Tamerlane
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
  • Sloosh
  • Tamerlane
    :D What was that?
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    What the **** are these videos? :D
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    :D What was that?

John Hartson is thinking "I survived cancer to endure **** like this?"
  • Tamerlane
  • Welbeck
    5102 posts Big Money Move
  • Tamerlane
    :D Why the **** is Garth Crooks on Sky News at 8 o'clock in the morning talking about *******?
    To spread a very important message. I once went up to Connecticut and tried some of that nonsense and the West Enders nearly killed me for it.
  • G000ner

What 2cgki87.jpg
  • Niall
    2351 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2015
    Welbeck wrote: »
    These are amazing.

Post edited by Niall on
  • Hahahahahahhaahahahahha what the **** is this
  • Jaymizzo
    2345 posts Fans' Favourite
    This thread is golden
  • Jaymizzo
    2345 posts Fans' Favourite
    Garth Crook while arguing with Robby Savage - "Why should Klopp leave Bayern?"