Goalkeepers

Lamelasaurus
840 posts An Exciting Prospect
So my last 10 games or so I've really been struggling, I've upgraded my team, and I'm getting very angry at the goalkeepers, so I've used 3 different GK's in my team, Ter Stegen, Leno and Neuer.
Ter Stegen had to go for me never made over 7 saves in a match and lost me a match by scoring an own goal from a corner

Leno made 2 saves in a 4-3 loss so I loaned Neuer and he was dreadful as well, he managed to make 6 saves in a 3-3 draw and that was his best game.

However my opponent's keeper always has a blinder. My last 6 games saves from keepers:

Ter Stegen NIF 11 saves
Courtois NIF 12 saves
Courtois NIF 14 saves
Courtouis NIF 14 saves
De Gea (83) 17 Saves
Howard NIF 20 Saves

So my last game I just played a complete pace team, Wynne, Opara, Doumbia Etc. 94 chem with a manager, and drew 2-2 from 2 late goals after leading 2-0 for 30 mins.
What is most annoying is Tim Howard managed to make 20 saves and my Leno managed 3 saves.

So overall I'm asking is there any way for a keeper to play better?

Comments

• Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    If your GK is consistently getting a lower rating than your opponent's GK, then you are defending worse than your defending, or attacking worse than your opponent is attacking, or both.

Maybe you are taking a lot of bad shots. NIF Tim Howard shouldn't make 20 saves unless a good portion of those were impossible shots. The quantity of "shots on target" doesn't really mean a lot in FIFA.
  • Lamelasaurus
    Forgot to mention, I had 11 of my 20 shots inside the box, my opponent had 3, I kid you not Howard made some incredible saves, I wouldn't make a thread if I thought it was an error on my part, overall I believe I am a good FIFA player but my opponents keeper has lost me so many points it's unreal
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    I had 11 of my 20 shots inside the box, my opponent had 3

You can take terrible shots inside the box too, doesn't really tell us much.

The reality is that if your opponent's GKs are consistently making 10+ saves every match, then you are also consistently taking too many poor shots. FUT 15 GKs (at least on next gen) simply aren't that reliable.
  • Lamelasaurus
    I'm simply saying, keepers for my opponents play sensational, my keepers concede basic shots
  • trandaffir
    632 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm simply saying, keepers for my opponents play sensational, my keepers concede basic shots
    You only notice them when they have a good game but that's 1 out of 10. Everyone has the same problem with them GKS