Effective Cores in Ultimate Team

Chow
2525 posts Fans' Favourite
edited June 2015
x4Mw98W.png

So I've decided to bring back this thread from the previous forum due to the addition of the 'spoiler' bbcode - this will allow me to keep the 'community cores' section much more user friendly.

Introduction
This is not a guide, more of a community suggestion thread. The idea was taken from the Smogon Forums (basically a discussion place for competitive Pokémon). In it, each tier has a thread where the community suggests 'effective cores' in the current meta for that tier. I figured a similar thread could be made for Ultimate Team...

What is an effective core?
A strong core is one of the most important things to think about when creating a new team. To be honest, most of you probably create a 'core' subconsciously when team building. Cores are typically made up of a group of players (2-4 players, not a team or individual) that, when used together, synergise toward accomplishing a specific goal. The majority of cores have varying characteristics that allow them to triumph in different areas, and depending on your team, cores can be built to succeed offensively, defensively, or in both areas.

Disclaimer: Now I know many of you think that pace is the be all and end all of successful teams in FIFA. And yes, while having a fast team can work well, I believe with the correct setup (and if you play to your core's strengths) you can win using a variety of cores that aren't reliant on pace (or utilise pace, but have other strings to their bow). In fact, when suggesting cores, I'd love to see some unique/underused players.

Requirements
2-4 players, no more, no less.

To keep things simple, there will be no restrictions on the chemistry links within the core (especially since many of you hybrid these cores into a squad anyway). That said, I would prefer it if at least the majority of the core links up via club, league or nation - or in other words, try not to just suggest four players that have no links within Ultimate Team.

When filling out the players in the core section, use full player names to avoid confusion. Do not worry about using foreign letters, etc...as I realise that is just effort.

No one line explanations about why the core is effective - this is the most important part.

Use the template provided.

Format
Since I will be updating this thread with the more extensive/in depth community suggestions, I've set out a template from which I would like people to follow when posting an 'effective' core. A blank template can be found in the second post, please use that. You can view example cores in the third post - 'community cores'.

Note: When explaining your core, try to split it into short paragraphs so you're not left with a wall of text.

Final Note
I hope at the very least this thread creates a nice bout of discussion/debate, and maybe some of the ideas on the thread will inspire you to try something new. I'm always an advocate of utilising unique/underrated players instead of the same old 'common pool' options.

Feel free to comment on and constructively criticise the community suggestions. :D
Post edited by Chow on

Comments

• Chow
    edited April 2015
    BLANK TEMPLATE

Please just copy the template by hitting quote and removing the blue text. Don't forget to delete the 'quote' brackets. Remember to read all of the requirements before you submit your core!

Type of core: (Defensive, Offensive, Balanced)
    Suitable for: (League/Nation/Hybrid/Not Applicable)
    Players in the core:
    Explanation: (You should look to explain the strengths and potential weaknesses of the core, how each player complements the other, and any other general comments about the core, such as the sort of players/teams/situations the core will be effective in/against)

Alternative players: (In this section, look to suggest alternatives to any of the players in the core, whether if be cheaper options, more desirable options, etc.)

Example: (Optional, but if you want, post an example team in which the core would work well. Posting a video example of the core in action is encouraged!)
  • Chow
    edited June 2015
    COMMUNITY CORES

In order to refine this section, I have decided to only post cores that are explained more extensively, or cores that are recommended by multiple forumers. I hope this encourages people to contribute an in-depth description for their core, since this will provide a more useful tool for newcomers to the thread. Please don't be offended if I don't add your core to the OP, I appreciate all posts! Click the 'Show' button to view more information about each core.

Balanced

Submitted by willdarko
    SIF Thomas Müller, IF David Alaba, UP Jerome Boateng, Łukasz Piszczek
    Type of core: Balanced
    Suitable for: Bundesliga
    Players in the core: SIF Thomas Müller, IF David Alaba, UP Jerome Boateng, Łukasz Piszczek.
    Explanation: You can see this core in my current 4231-1 team via the example section. I generally build my teams from the defence up, and UP Boateng is one of the finest CBs in the game this year for me. He is incredibly mobile, strong, and assured on the ball.

Piszczek is a returning favourite of mine from FUT14, he is a prototypical fullback for FUT. Has pace, size, and generally 'gets the job done' against just about any opposition winger.

IF Alaba is where I decided to add a little flavour into this core. He is quite simply one of the most dominant CDMs i have used this year, in the Philipp Lahm mould. He is seemingly everywhere on the pitch, and offers great recovery skills due to his speed and defensive ability. (92) stamina, (88.) acc. (87) sprint. His attacking game should not be overlooked either, his shooting is high enough to bother defences who may not pay him the respect he deserves. (80) longshots, (82) shotpower. Be sure to set him to "Stay Back While Attacking", as he has the tendency to bomb up the pitch with his H/M workrates. I also suggest pairing him with a destroyer in midfield (IF Busquets, Toure, Matic, etc.)

Finally, the pièce de résistance of this core, SIF Muller. I wanted to showcase his incredible all-round ability, and he slots in perfectly to the RCAM position. He is able to feed your striker with his (92) short passing, and is always in the right position to score with his (99) positioning. His finishing is deadly, and is a constant threat down the right.

So how do these individuals come together?

The beauty of this core is the interplay between SIF Muller and IF Alaba. SIF Muller loves to chase back (H/H) workrates and is more than capable of harassing opposition counter attacks and covering for IF Alaba when he decides to bomb up the pitch on a dangerous run. This coverage from SIF Muller allows me to use IF Alaba to his full potential without worrying about being left exposed on the counter.

Piszczek offers good support in the attack, and I encourage him to do so, to add width to my attack. IF Alaba is unsurprisingly more than capable of assuming duties at RB, should Piszczek be up the field.

Finally, Boateng ties the core up nicely with his assuredness at the back and necessary abilities to stop anyone from the Doumbia's of the world, to the Ronaldo's. (88.) sprint, (88.) strength, (87) standing tackle. He also 'seals off' the core from a chemistry stand point, and offers some flexibility for a potential hybrid.

A weakness of this core is that there are no 4* skillers, which is a definite drawback. As you see in my team, I more than make up for this on the rest of the pitch. This core could be described as workmanlike, though providing enormous flexibility and defensive solidarity.

Alternative players: A cheaper option of this core, could be: NIF Boateng, Piszczek, Lahm, Mkhitaryan. You would be sacrificing the attacking flare that IF Alaba provides, but Lahm is one of the most dominant CDMs in the game this year.

Example:
    46bb521788ede186152ff6f9a87211b3.png

Submitted by 1nc3pt10n
    SIF Thomas Müller, SIF Kevin De Bruyne, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Philipp Lahm
    Suitable for: Bundesliga
    Players in the core: SIF Thomas Müller, SIF Kevin De Bruyne, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Philipp Lahm.
    Alternative Players: Tevez, Pogba, Naingollan, Vidal
    Explanation: Together, these players make holding possession and creating defensive pressure easy. The orchestrator of the team, Lahm plays an dual role of sweeping in and snuffing out any of my opponents attacks and leading the initial charge on counter attacks. Due to his ability to constantly be up and down the pitch, making use of his stamina, dribbling, passing, and defending, Lahm is the perfect defensive workhorse.

Schweinsteiger complements Lahm's role perfectly. Since I often push Lahm forward, Schweinsteiger plays a role of a false 6, providing defensive coverage as Lahm bombs forward. What makes these two especially great is their tendency to switch back once possession is established in the opponents final third. Just like Lahm, Schweinsteiger is an ideal workhorse, just with more offensive bite; as good as he can be as a false 6, Schweinsteiger's offensive capabilities make him dangerous from all ranges. Together, he and Lahm provide offensive and defensive pressure all over the pitch.

SIF Kevin De Bruyne brings the creative spark to the midfield. Capable of making any pass, shooting from all ranges, and dribbling through players with ease akin to Suarez, he is easily one of the most dominant CAMs this year. Just compare his in game stats to Hagi to get a clearer picture. In this team, KDB helps maintain an offensive presence in the middle of the pitch whenever Lahm and Schweinsteiger temporarily switch roles. In addition, his 89 positioning means he consistently makes useful attacking runs, filling in attacking spaces left by Muller.

SIF Muller just does it all. Like darko mentioned above, he is a complete player. His workrates (H/H) allow him to influence every third of the pitch, his passing means he plays the right ball consistently, his shooting makes him a Ibrahimovic level threat everywhere, his stamina means he doesn't tire whatsoever, and most importantly, his positioning means he moves at full pelt to the best attacking position off the ball. Just a ridiculous player.[/size]

Submitted by Xeque
    Ángel Di María, Juan Mata, Wayne Rooney, Ander Herrera, Marouane Fellaini
    Suitable for: Premier League, Hybrid.
    Players in the core: Ángel Di María, Juan Mata, Wayne Rooney, Ander Herrera, Marouane Fellaini.
    Explanation: This team/core has helped me have fun on UT again. The core is split into two halves, the defensive half and the creative half.

In defence, we have the 2 CDM's. Fellaini is the physical, battering ram. Usually ends up having the most passes completed connecting defense and attack. One of his main characteristics is to provide a passing option when under pressure due to his height + strength. Herrera is the one who makes it tick, his smooth dribbling and pin-point passing offers something different when compared to big Marouane's brute strength.

The other half is the creative half, this is where the chances are created. ADM performs as a brilliant outlet out wide on the left, spreading the play with his speed and making runs in behind. While Mata on the opposite flank cuts in usually linking up with the CDM's and Central CAM/ST. Rooney is the one who brings it all together, his H/H WR's means he drops deep to collect the ball when necessary and also makes runs up top when the opportunity presents itself.

Example:
    64416e1904363afea72050baf15b787f.png

Submitted by Jmcgraghan
    Luca Toni, IF Francesco Totti, IF Andrea Pirlo, Claudio Marchisio.
    Suitable for: Serie A, Italian.
    Players in the core: Luca Toni, IF Francesco Totti, IF Andrea Pirlo, Claudio Marchisio.
    Explanation: Having used this core since the start of FIFA 15 (adding the IFs as they have come), I feel that it has been successful for my style of play. The midfield players are all very competent passers and are comfortable on the ball whilst also being able to chip in with goals when needed. Pirlo and Marchisio are both great at winning the ball back and Pirlo can set attacks off from deep whilst Marchisio will run ahead and join the attack on many occasions. Totti is the creator and will almost always assist or score in any game due to his wide range of passing and shooting abilities, and obviously Toni up top plays with his back to goal and can shield the ball for other players to come into the game whilst also being a great finisher with either head or foot inside the box.

Alternative players: Obviously Toni isn't in demand, so a gold alternative to him would be Llorente who s basically just the gold version of him. You could swap Totti for Cerci if you need a quicker option and De Rossi and Vidal are good replacements in midfield.

Example:
    a695b02aa75f98bae53929eb548366b5.png

Submitted by SaifR
    Oscar, UP Cesc Fabregas, Sami Khedira
    Suitable for: Hybrid
    Players in the core: Oscar, UP Cesc Fabregas, Sami Khedira.
    Explanation: I've played around 600 games in this year's UT, using tons of combinations of players. No combination has been as perfect as this one. Khedira is the team's ball winner, he's so strong and will come out on top in nearly every duel, whether it's aerial or on the ground. Fabregas is at the heart of the team, dictating the tempo. Everything runs through him. He also has a wonderful longshot on him (scored 8 longshots in about 25 games - considering I don't attempt many that's great IMO). Surprisingly wins a lot of tackles for me too, but more importantly cuts a lot of passes out for me. Brilliant midfielder. Oscar has surprised me, but he is really smooth on the ball, and his passing in the final third is excellent. He contributes to a goal (either scoring or assisting) a game. His link up play with Fabregas, and the two wide CAMs (UP Isco & Di Maria) is fantastic, makes for some great looking, and penetrative possession football.

Alternative players: Khedira can be replaced by UP Matic, De Rossi or William Carvalho, those four are the best combatative CDMs in the game IMO. Fabregas is more difficult to replace, Modric & Schweinsteiger do a good job in similar roles, but I feel Fabregas is the best. Pogba is also great, however he's a different type of player. Oscar is the best CAM I've used tbh. UP Isco is also great, as well as SIF Silva, but the more I use Oscar, the more I feel he's difficult to replace.

Example:
    46e135ab8861bc6554f25ada2eef3c01.png

Submitted by Rumplefish
    UP Javier Pastore, Enzo Perez, Blaise Matuidi
    Players in the core: UP Javier Pastore, Enzo Perez, Blaise Matuidi.
    Explanation: I think these 3 players are the players I used the most this year. The combination of Enzo Perez and Matuidi is just perfectly balanced. Two players with great defensive stats, who are also capable of passing, dribbling and finishing. Instead of having one ball winning CDM and a deep lying playmaker, you have two players who can do both. Your attacking ability isn't compromised when attacking from that side, like it would be if you're using a stronger less agile player in the CDM role. Add to that the perfect workrate combination for two CDM - high/high and med/high and you can relax and give the ball to Pastore to lead the attack.

Pastore is probably my favorite FUT player since FUT13. He always seem to be in the right place, scores goals for fun, his height makes him very hard to push off the ball, his agility makes him so fun to dribble with, and his low defensive workrate means that he isn't bothered with a defensive role, which isn't needed when you got Perez and Matuidi to cover.

This core is also ideal for hybrids in 433-3 or 433-4, which is one of the reasons why it's so fun to use.

Alternative players: Jovetic, Fernandinho and Ramires would probably work as well, but didn't play with Ramires yet this year.

Defensive

Submitted by Chow
    UP Nemanja Matić, IF Martin Skrtel, IF Kolo Touré
    Type of core: Defensive
    Suitable for: Premier League
    Players in the core: UP Nemanja Matić, IF Martin Skrtel, IF Kolo Touré.
    Explanation: This core revolves around the protection Matic provides in front of the defence, allowing more advanced players the freedom to stay higher up the pitch. UP Matic is an exceptionally well rounded card (all but one of his card stats reside over 70), and really needs no explanation being so reliable. Simply, he does what it says on the tin.

Due to Matic's medium/high work rates, he often fills in as the 3rd CB, thus I decided I could get away with a slightly slower defender in IF Skrtel. What Skrtel lacks in pace, he more than makes up for in strength (89), tackling stats (85 standing, 87 sliding), height (6'3'') and offensive threat from set pieces (power header trait, 90 heading accuracy).

Alongside Skrtel, I opted for a smaller, sweeper-style centre half in Kolo. His superior pace (68 acceleration, 80 sprint speed) allows you to cover a potential weakness to fast opposition attackers, and he has the strength (88.) to handle himself against stronger strikers (namely Costa in the BPL). In summary, the combination gives you the tools to deal with all types of striker...target men, on the shoulder players, etc...

Alternative players: IF Shawcross could easily replace Skrtel if you're looking for something different as they have very similar stats. Jedinak performs a similar role to Matic in the middle of the park, and I often like to bring him on near the end of games to sure things up at the back. Finally, if Kolo's lack of height worries you, there are other taller options in the PL with the same strength and pace, namely Kompany, Mangala and Vertonghen.

Example:
    584f124fe44c56248b8be19da96dc9f7.png

Submitted by keema-v
    Giorgio Chiellini, Andrea Barzagli, UP Gianluigi Buffon
    Suitable for: Bundesliga, Hybrids.
    Players in the core: Giorgio Chiellini, Andrea Barzagli, UP Gianluigi Buffon.
    Explanation: I find that this defensive core can literally stop attacks where they stand, Chiellini and Barzagli have everything needed to be the ultimate pairing with more than ample pace, great workrates and great technical ability. Couple this with Buffon who has done wonders for me and this can be applied to almost every side due to the perfect links.

Alternative players: My alternative core for this is Jerome Boateng, Mehdi Benatia and Manuel Neuer.[/size]

+1's:
    iTz-Dasco wrote:
    I'd like to add that DDR in the 433 variants is someone I always include for my defensive core.
    o Shootz o wrote:
    I echo this core and have been using it in my team probably made up of 4 cores.

Submitted by )A5B (adamborbely)
    Mohamed Diamé, IF Papy Djilobodji, IF Lamine Sané, SIF Anthony Lopes
    Suitable for: Hybrids
    Players in the core: Mohamed Diamé, IF Papy Djilobodji, IF Lamine Sané, SIF Anthony Lopes.
    Explanation: These players form an absolute wall. Diame is in all honesty one of my favorite CDMs all year, and he really thrives in formations with 1 CDM. He has the pace to get from side to side, as well as the strength to muscle attackers off the ball. The CBs are both big and stong (Djilobodji is 6'3" with 93 strength and Sane is 6'3" with 89 strength), and they both have the quickness to deal with the typical strikers you'll meet online. Lopes has been pretty impressive in goal, making a few great saves for me without giving up any real cheap goals as of yet.

Alternative players: Kouyate, NIF Djilobodji, Diagne, Sirigu

Example:
    IY4PuM9.png

Offensive

Submitted by Liam9lfc
    Vincent Kompany, Sergio Ramos, Yaya Touré, Luca Modric
    Type of core: Offensive (Possession Based)
    Suitable for: Hybrids
    Players in the core: Vincent Kompany, Sergio Ramos, Yaya Touré, Luca Modric.
    Explanation: This "Box" setup is perfect for those who like to keep the ball zipping around the pitch, whilst still maintaining a level of stability and physical presence in midfield. The two centre backs compliment each other, they are both complete defenders without any real weakness meaning both are capable of sweeping or stepping out the defensive line to win the ball, and when one does, the other covers capably. The midfield duo are highly energetic in defence, They can both press, or both stand off. They are both capable defenders meaning they can cover the space left by their partner pressing, Yaya toure is a bully in the midfield and don't be fooled by modric's workrates and/or small body posture. He gets in players' faces and is very strong for someone of his build. Offensively as you'd expect, Yaya is devastating when charging from one box to another, whilst modric sits deep and sprays passes around for fun when set to stay back whilst attacking. I've described this as offensive but could easily be listed as a balanced setup also.

Alternative players: My Alternative core consists of: UP Boateng, TOTY David Luiz, Schweinsteiger and Verratti.

Example:
    c49c07e27f4b34516920991730d709fc.png

Submitted by Sokker14
    Mario Balotelli, IF Coutinho, IF Oscar
    Type of core: Offensive
    Suitable for: Hybrids, Premier League
    Players in the core: Mario Balotelli, IF Coutinho, IF Oscar.
    Explanation: Mario Balotelli is, for me, one of the best strikers in the game. When I started using him, I was worried he'd just sit around the midfield but he's got great positioning and it really shows. Combined with his high strength, shooting and dribbling stats, he's the perfect striker. Coutinho and Oscar are different. Not only are they good at dribbling, they're quite fast and their passing is top-notch. As you can see in the video below, I like to pass the ball around in midfield with my three attacking midfielders (and two defensive midfielders) and to set up my striker with one killer pass. And yeah, I can't emphasize enough how good Oscar and Coutinho are in doing this.

Alternative players: MOTM Danny Welbeck, SIF David Silva, SIF Santi Cazorla

Example:
    Team.jpg

Video:

Submitted by jpsc9499
    Ruud van Nistelrooy, Paulo Futre, Gheorghe Hagi
    Suitable for: Hybrid, Legends
    Players in the core: Ruud van Nistelrooy, Paulo Futre, Gheorghe Hagi.
    Explanation: The idea of this attacking core is to use skillful dribblers and passers to create goal scoring chances for a target man to finish. The 4-2-3-1 formation is ideal for this concept as it allows you to focus your offensive efforts around a lone striker.

Van Nistelrooy is the perfect target striker, his heading accuracy, strength, height, finishing and positioning are all really good. While he lacks in the dribbling, pace and passing departments this doesn’t affect his performance here since he won’t get too involved in the build up play and shouldn’t take more than a touch or two before shooting. His only job is to get forward and stay in the box ready to receive that killer pass. This guy finishes his breakfast better than almost all players in the game he just needs somebody else to pour the milk into the bowl and those guys are Hagi and Futre.

Paulo Futre is the perfect left winger to perform the creative playmaker role out wide, he’s pacey, his dribbling is insanely good, his short passing and crossing is good despite his relatively low passing stat, he has 4 star skills and a 5 star weak foot to be able to cross effectively from both feet. His job is to bomb up the left side of the pitch, cut just inside the box and deliver the cross or pass. Using 1-2 passes with Hagi or your LCDM will also help Futre get into that crucial All three crosses work effectively depending on the situation but the ground cross (Press the cross button three times) is generally the best.

Hagi works similar to Futre but with a little less pace and better vision and passing. He’ll be providing less crosses due to his central position but should provide the killer through balls for Van Nistelrooy. He’ll also be available in the box to receive passes from Futre should Van Nistelrooy not be in a decent scoring position. With his decent shooting abilities both inside and outside the box he provides another scoring threat as well.

The main drawback is that Fifa 15 is not built for this style of attacking play as heading is not that accurate compared to last year and creating scoring chances this way is comparatively difficult compared to pace abuse. The other drawbacks its not good on the counter since Van Nistelrooy is not fast enough to be effective.

The major strength of this core is that it really makes the most of Van Nistelrooy’s abilities and gives you the capability to punish players who pick up pacey CBs that lack all around defending capabilities. It also gives more dimension to your attack by giving you more ways to score than just lobbing through balls and using pace.

Alternative players: The key to the attacking core is to have creative winger/s and CAM to provide scoring opportunities for a target striker so there are many possibilities. Alternative cores include Reus, Gotze and IF Klose or Hazard, Di Maria and Falcao.

Example:
    RVN
    Futre - Suker - Robben
    Modric - Schweinstiger
    Marcelo - Ramos - Boateng - Piszcezk
    Neuer

Submitted by i aM JVIonsta
    Oscar, Ángel Di María, Yaya Touré
    Suitable for: Premier League
    Players in the core: Oscar, Ángel Di María, Yaya Touré.
    Explanation: Unlike most offensive cores, this one is strictly in the midfield. It involves 3 rather unique players who on their own are already top players but when combined are close to unstoppable. Oscar is easily the least used of the cards, most likely due to his work-rates not being a good fit with his stats, but that's what makes him such a good counterpart for Toure, the best player when it's comes to physical presence on the game. Unlike previous years he no longer has his defensive work-rates and this at times can will leave a large gap between midfield and defense. Oscar's work-rates help fill this gap, usually winning the ball himself or at least slowing down the attack enough for Yaya to get into a defensive position. The final player, Di Maria is probably the most vital player in the core. His work rates and pace allow him as the linker from the midfield/defense to the attackers whilst on a counter attack. Offensively they compliment each other really well just as in defense. Di Maria has the ability to use a burst of pace to beat defenders along with his 4* skills which can cause real trouble if you know what your doing. Oscar is slower, but also as deadly as Di Maria. He'll usually be the furthest back whilst attacking so he'll always be there at the edge of the final third if you feel you're under too much pressure. He's also able to make runs from the edge of the third which will usually always garner the opponents attention, even if only for a second. Finally, Toure. Being arguably the best rounded NIF on the game also gives him the option of being the most unpredictable, you can pass, shoot or even just run with him usually with success.

The obvious main issue is that your only defensive minded player in the midfield doesn't have defensive stats so you'll have to adapt and if you're unable to, there's a good chance of conceding.

Alternative players: Fernandinho is a great replacement for Oscar and I'm currently having a lot of success with UP Bojan in a separate squad and feel he could also play as CAM. Toure is a much harder player to have alternatives for, especially in the BPL. Outside of the BPL though there's Pogba.
    Post edited by Chow on
  • Bidwell
    8359 posts League Winner
    edited April 2015
    Look good, i will look for some cores to post soon.
  • Sokker14
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    I'm tempted to post my Agüero - Pastore - Ibrahimovic core in this thread, but I don't know if it's 'original' enough to post in here.
  • Chow
    Sokker14 wrote: »
    I'm tempted to post my Agüero - Pastore - Ibrahimovic core in this thread, but I don't know if it's 'original' enough to post in here.
    Keema already suggested his "Barzagli-Chiellini-Buffon" core, you're good. :) Remember it's not just about posting unique players that work well.
  • TWS001
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    SIF Naldo, Dante and Gustavo CDM. Good for league, nation and hybrid.
  • Bidwell
    8359 posts League Winner
    Probably my favourite one is

Khedira
    Ramos - Boateng
    Reina

The strong links between Khedira/Ramos and Boateng/Reina cover the missing one between the CBs.
    Khedira is tall and M/H, so perfect as a lone CDM.
    Ramos and Boateng need no introduction, they are just 2 of the most complete CBs on the game.
    Reina has been surprisingly amazing for me this year. Rarely makes a mistake, has the long throw, and makes some top class saves.
  • Chow
    Bidwell wrote: »

Khedira
    Ramos - Boateng
    Reina

The strong links between Khedira/Ramos and Boateng/Reina cover the missing one between the CBs.
    Ramos and Boateng need no introduction, they are just 2 of the most complete CBs on the game.
    Reina has been surprisingly amazing for me this year. Rarely makes a mistake, has the long throw, and makes some top class saves.
    Thank you for your submission. :) I'll add it to the OP as a "defensive" core. Great to see Pepe Reina get some recognition, rarely see him anymore. Are there any alternative players that you would recommend in place those that you mention in the core? Just to fill out the template.
  • Xeque
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect

Suitable for: League/Hybrid

Players in the core: Angel Di Maria, Juan Mata, Wayne Rooney, Ander Herrera & Marouane Fellaini.

Explanation: This team/core has helped me have fun on UT again. The core is split into two halves, the defensive half and the creative half.

In defense, we have the 2 CDM's. Fellaini is the physical, battering ram. Usually ends up having the most passes completed connecting defense and attack. One of his main characteristics is to provide a passing option when under pressure due to his height + strength. Herrera is the one who makes it tick, his smooth dribbling and pin-point passing offers something different when compared to big Marouane's brute strength.

The other half is the creative half, this is where the chances are created. ADM performs as a brilliant outlet out wide on the left, spreading the play with his speed and making runs in behind. While Mata on the opposite flank cuts in usually linking up with the CDM's and Central CAM/ST. Rooney is the one who brings it all together, his H/H WR's means he drops deep to collect the ball when necessary and also makes runs up top when the opportunity presents itself.

Example: The core can be used in a full BPL team or as a hybrid with any BPL striker up top and and back 4 from a different league.
    f34a07848884212124629e545faa4256.png
  • Bidwell
    8359 posts League Winner
    Chow wrote: »
    Bidwell wrote: »

Khedira
    Ramos - Boateng
    Reina

Thank you for your submission. :) I'll add it to the OP as a "defensive" core. Great to see Pepe Reina get some recognition, rarely see him anymore. Are there any alternative players that you would recommend in place those that you mention in the core? Just to fill out the template.

A good alternative i've found is

Toulalan
    Varane - Silva
    Alves

Obviously you need the strong links for the CB-FBs with this one but they are a good alternative.
  • MemphisDepay
    6020 posts Big Money Move
    In 4231 with CAM's, i say this is very solid:

Lacazette
    Fekir
    Gourcouff
    Gonalons

So:
    pitch-1820101.jpg
  • Jmcgraghan
    1072 posts Professional
    Suitable for: Serie A/Italian
    Players in the core: Luca Toni, IF Totti, IF Pirlo, Marchisio
    Explanation: Having used this core since the start of FIFA 15 (adding the IFs as they have come), I feel that it has been successful for my style of play. The midfield players are all very competent passers and are comfortable on the ball whilst also being able to chip in with goals when needed. Pirlo and Marchisio are both great at winning the ball back and Pirlo can set attacks off from deep whilst Marchisio will run ahead and join the attack on many occasions. Totti is the creator and will almost always assist or score in any game due to his wide range of passing and shooting abilities, and obviously Toni up top plays with his back to goal and can shield the ball for other players to come into the game whilst also being a great finisher with either head or foot inside the box.

Alternative players: Obviously Toni isn't in demand, so a gold alternative to him would be Llorente who s basically just the gold version of him. You could swap Totti for Cerci if you need a quicker option and De Rossi and Vidal are good replacements in midfield.

Example: a695b02aa75f98bae53929eb548366b5.png
  • SaifR
    12842 posts Has That Special Something

Players in the core: Oscar, UP Fabregas, Khedira
    7c6cf022e6352e56137ca65b5a21ef79.png

Explanation: I've played around 600 games in this year's UT, using tons of combinations of players. No combination has been as perfect as this one. Khedira is the team's ball winner, he's so strong and will come out on top in nearly every duel, whether it's aerial or on the ground. Fabregas is at the heart of the team, dictating the tempo. Everything runs through him. He also has a wonderful longshot on him (scored 8 longshots in about 25 games - considering I don't attempt many that's great IMO). Surprisingly wins a lot of tackles for me too, but more importantly cuts a lot of passes out for me. Brilliant midfielder. Oscar has surprised me, but he is really smooth on the ball, and his passing in the final third is excellent. He contributes to a goal (either scoring or assisting) a game. His link up play with Fabregas, and the two wide CAMs (UP Isco & Di Maria) is fantastic, makes for some great looking, and penetrative possession football.

Alternative players: Khedira can be replaced by UP Matic, De Rossi or William Carvalho, those four are the best combatative CDMs in the game IMO. Fabregas is more difficult to replace, Modric & Schweinsteiger do a good job in similar roles, but I feel Fabregas is the best. Pogba is also great, however he's a different type of player. Oscar is the best CAM I've used tbh. UP Isco is also great, as well as SIF Silva, but the more I use Oscar, the more I feel he's difficult to replace.

Example:
    The team:
    46e135ab8861bc6554f25ada2eef3c01.png
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    I hope I understand the concept :)

Players in the core: Javier Pastore, Enzo Perez, Blaise Matuidi
    Explanation: I think these 3 players are the players I used the most this year. The combination of Enzo Perez and Matuidi is just perfectly balanced. Two players with great defensive stats, who are also capable of passing, dribbling and finishing. Instead of having one ball winning CDM and a deep lying playmaker, you have two players who can do both. Your attacking ability isn't compromised when attacking from that side, like it would be if you're using a stronger less agile player in the CDM role. Add to that the perfect workrate combination for two CDM - high/high and med/high and you can relax and give the ball to Pastore to lead the attack.

Pastore is probably my favorite FUT player since FUT13. He always seem to be in the right place, scores goals for fun, his height makes him very hard to push off the ball, his agility makes him so fun to dribble with, and his low defensive workrate means that he isn't bothered with a defensive role, which isn't needed when you got Perez and Matuidi to cover.

This core is also ideal for hybrids in 433-3 or 433-4, which is one of the reasons why it's so fun to use.

Alternative players: Jovetic, Fernandinho and Ramires would probably work as well, but didn't play with Ramires yet this year.
  • Chow
    Will be adding Jmc's, Saif's and Rumple's cores to the OP after the Manchester derby. :)
  • A5B
    2975 posts National Call-Up
    Players in the core: Anthony Lopes, Lamine Sané, Papy Mison Djilobodji, Mohamed Diamé
    u3vB6Nt.png
    Explanation: I find that this combination really clicks. Diamé does an excellent job of shileding the back line and breaking up play in the middle. His height, strength, and pace enable him to be a true midfield enforcer. His one downside is the fact that he has M/M workrates, meaning he may not be in the best position 100% of the time. The CBs are very similar players. Both are 6'3" and are extrmely storong (Djilobidji has 93 strength while Sané has 89). Their strength, combined with their pace, means that attackers will have a tough time getting through on goal. In the rare occassion that the CBs get beaten, Lopes seems to always come up with big saves. His reflex saves are incredible, and despite his average handling stat (77) he has rarely spilled the ball at the feet of an attacker. On paper, his height looks as if it may be an issue, however it has not been for me thus far. All in all, this core is great for shutting down the middle of the pitch. With a defense this strong, you will stand a chance in virtually every match.

Alternative players: Salvatore Sirigu, Fallou Diagne, Jean-Armel Kaya-Biyik, Maxime Gonalons
    Example: IY4PuM9.png
  • Chow
    edited April 2015
    @A5B I don't suppose you were "adamborbely" on the previous forum? Cause that core is already in the 'Community Cores' section. :D
  • A5B
    2975 posts National Call-Up
    @A5B I don't suppose you were "adamborbely" on the previous forum? Cause that core is already in the 'Community Cores' section. :D

That was me :D
    And I never noticed haha
  • Chow
    edited April 2015
    Added the cores submitted by @Jmcgraghan , @SaifR and @Rumplefish to the OP - will add the appropriate image of the players in the core later. Also updated @A5B and his original core with an updated example team image.
  • Chow
    @Sokker14 3 days later and still waiting. :|

Updated OP with player image for Jmc's awesome Luca Toni core.
  • Chow
    @Sokker14 5 days and still waiting. :|

Finally got round to updating the OP with Saif's and Rumple's play images. Also added spoiler code to certain sections. Keep submitting those cores!
  • Sokker14

Finally got round to updating the OP with Saif's and Rumple's play images. Also added spoiler code to certain sections. Keep submitting those cores!
    Haha, I'll 'release' it before the end of the week.
  • willdarko
    1102 posts Professional
    Great to see this thread back on the new platform!
    Hopefully people will add to this, especially with the TOTS cards coming out soon!
    hype
  • Fliiip__
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 2015
    Suitable for: Anything, especially Bundesliga, Germany
    Players in the core: Neuer, UP Boateng, Alaba, Lahm
    Explanation: Lahm is, despite his hight and strength, the perfect CCM/CDM for me. Very agile, great passer and great defender. He can even outmuscle strong players like Ibra (dont know how tbh :lol: ). Alaba is one of the best LBs in game, fast, strong and good passing. Boateng is the perfect CB for a possesion style of play. He is great defensively but can also pass the ball. Neuer is the best GK in game.
    All in all I use these players in nearly every squad I build. Very easy to hybrid because of the perfect links.

Alternative players: Jansen/Bernat as LB. Benatia, Hummels, Dante, Javi Martinez as CB. Xabi Alonso, Schweinsteiger, Sebastian Rode as CCM/CDM. Reina, IF Trapp, Leno as GK.

Example: STsMpai.png

Suitable for: Anything, especially Liga BBVA
    Players in the core: Ronaldo (7chem striker), James, Modric, UP Carvajal
    Explanation: Ronaldo is the best striker in game, played his NIF for 159 games and he scored me 274 goals. Now owning his TOTY and he scored me 69 in 23 games so far. James is a very solid CAM, he can pass, dribble and shoot. Modric is the complete midfielder for me. Plays at RCM and I love him. Very agile, great passing and dribbling and can even defend. Carvajal is very good as RB. Strong, fast and good defending.

Alternative players: Benzema/Bale as striker. Isco/Modric/Kroos as CAM. Kroos as RCM.

Example: see above
  • Chow

Haha, I'll 'release' it before the end of the week.

@Sokker14 Before the end of the week he said. Monday is a new week imo.
    willdarko wrote: »
    Great to see this thread back on the new platform!
    Hopefully people will add to this, especially with the TOTS cards coming out soon!
    hype

@willdarko Yeah I figured it'd make an interesting/helpful thread with TOTS coming soon.
  • JNO
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Just tried the Man U core and the muller at cam, alaba a at cdm core and have to say both were pretty epic. Alaba at cdm is a beast, and Herrera was the surprise package in the Man U core.

He'll any core that makes falcao good, is fed worth giving a go. LVG should take notice.
  • Sokker14
    Here it, finally, is

Players in the core: Zlatan Ibrahimović, (IF) Javier Pastore, Sergio Agüero
    Explanation: I can't be the only who disliked the fact Ibrahimović got downgraded to 4* skill moves. However, after trying him for roughly 100 games this year, he's even better than last year's NIF. Ibra is stronger than ever and a great player in and out the box. To use Jamie Carragher's new term, Zlatan is a true centre fireworks. The perfect one.

Even though Ibrahimović is capable of doing 'it' on his own, I decided to put him in a team alongside Javier Pastore. Pastoflop is a stunning dribbler and a lot stronger than the usual CAM. Having said that, his shooting can be a bit weak at times, but is definitely an improvement over Coutinho's, who I normally use in that position.

At the left, I went Sergio Agüero. The Man. City striker is, for me, the best wide CAM in the game. His finishing is on point and with 88 dribbling and 88 pace, he can be a threat for every wing back.

Alternative players: Ángel Di María, Ezequiel Lavezzi (on 4 chemistry), Edinson Cavani

Example:

image.jpg
  • Chow
    @JNO Glad you found success using one of the community cores!

@Sokker14 Well, better late than never I guess :| . I shall add your core to the OP mate. :)