When Will We Get A Good Icon Player SBC?

BasketCase9483
1302 posts Professional
edited February 19
I don’t really have anything against Fernando Torres but it’s February, and he is not an upgrade for most people.

In fact right now there is very little reason to play the game at all, so an SBC for a top icon would actually give players a reason to engage with the game and try and get fodder.

It just doesn’t really make sense that this is the only icon SBC that has been released for about a month now.

Comments

• I don't understand what's up with EA!!

In FIFA 22 Torres was released in November if I am not mistaken, and this year the power-curve is even higher!

• BasketCase9483
    1302 posts Professional
    I don't understand what's up with EA!!

In FIFA 22 Torres was released in November if I am not mistaken, and this year the power-curve is even higher!

I just looked it up and it was actually early January. So it was just over a month earlier, which when you add that to the fact that this game came out earlier this year, his SBC is probably about two months later this year.

Plus like you said the power curve is already higher this year. Pretty much everyone you play against has insane players upfront.

We really need big Icon SBC’s because there is not much point in using fodder for icons that are not as good as what you are already using.
  • Oliver Powell
    4361 posts National Call-Up
    They won’t. Any icon released will likely be behind the power curve, and 1-2 months later than when it would have been a god pick.

By the time we get ‘good’ icon sbcs, it wil be tots.
  • ICUP
    7723 posts League Winner
    Patiently waiting for a CDM that isn’t high/high
  • BasketCase9483
    1302 posts Professional
    ICUP wrote: »
    Patiently waiting for a CDM that isn’t high/high

The problem there is that everyone wants Gullit gang cards, and that makes EA think that we want every midfield card to be an insane B2B player that never stops running up and down the pitch.
  • Captain_Emirate
    3119 posts National Call-Up
    I think EA saves the meta icons to be released in PIM sbcs.
  • BasketCase9483
    1302 posts Professional
    I think EA saves the meta icons to be released in PIM sbcs.

I thought we weren’t getting PIM icons this year?
  • Andyh60
    3376 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 19
    really annoyed now as I picked him in 27 token upgrade but yes not cos he is so so good just because he was best there and yes not bad at the same time. Now I could have just got more fodder and did sbc or not so is annoying how this is going. Why not bring out
    say 3 or 5 at a time given so many just don't get it.
  • I don't understand what's up with EA!!

I just looked it up and it was actually early January. So it was just over a month earlier, which when you add that to the fact that this game came out earlier this year, his SBC is probably about two months later this year.

Plus like you said the power curve is already higher this year. Pretty much everyone you play against has insane players upfront.

We really need big Icon SBC’s because there is not much point in using fodder for icons that are not as good as what you are already using.

Thanks for double-checking.

But how can big SBCs done with not much highly rated fodder 91+ in the market like during TOTS?
  • Laker62
    2410 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jairzinho was so weird to me. We got a full meta icon that early in the game cycle and it has slowed down dramatically.
  • Illini McG
    1141 posts Professional
    Laker62 wrote: »
    Jairzinho was so weird to me. We got a full meta icon that early in the game cycle and it has slowed down dramatically.

This and I assume anyone that didn't do this SBC has missed out on the best value sbc to date. End game card before TOTY is rare.
  • Wonderkiid
    4920 posts National Call-Up

I think that EA realised that if they would continue on that path then everyone would be finished with a very high rated team before TOTS even start. So they slammed the brakes on the power curve
  • BasketCase9483
    1302 posts Professional
    edited February 19
    Wonderkiid wrote: »

I think that EA realised that if they would continue on that path then everyone would be finished with a very high rated team before TOTS even start. So they slammed the brakes on the power curve

Would that happen though? Jarzhino is only 90 rated. That’s actually lower rated than Torres is.

I’d personally be happy with a Mid Cruyff who is the same rating as Prime Torres.
  • Laker62
    2410 posts Fans' Favourite

Would that happen though? Jarzhino is only 90 rated. That’s actually lower rated than Torres is.

You must be new to the game.
  • BasketCase9483
    1302 posts Professional

You must be new to the game.

What do you mean?