Sticky "Toffee" Pudding

Thurlow9984
692 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited March 15
Everton_FC_logo.svg

Home Ground
Goodison Park

goodison-park-everton-fc-gwladys-street-stand-1410625462.jpg

After 2 struggling season's things finally got too much for The Merseyside Club as they find themselves Relegated from the Top Division for the first time since 1950 and only the 3rd time in the clubs History have they been relegated. It may not seem like it, but Everton are a Sleeping Giant with many Honours to show for it. Can The Toffees recover and return back to The Premier League? Time will tell, but it will be a HUGE rebuild for whoever is in charge. Maybe with new Ownership or Board Members? The fans sure hope so as Bill Kenwright is not a popular figure and things need to change somewhere.

Domestic Honours
First Division:

Titles (9): 1890–91, 1914–15, 1927–28, 1931–32, 1938–39, 1962–63, 1969–70, 1984–85, 1986–87
Second Division:
Titles (1): 1930–31
FA Cup:
Titles (5): 1905–06, 1932–33, 1965–66, 1983–84, 1994–95
Football League Cup:
Runner-up
(2): 1976–77, 1983–84
FA Charity Shield:
Titles
(9): 1928, 1932, 1963, 1970, 1984, 1985, 1986 (shared), 1987, 1995
Full Members Cup:
Runner-up (2): 1989, 1991
Football League Super Cup:
Runner-up
(1): 1985–86

European Honours
European Cup Winners' Cup:

Winners: (1): 1984–85

Club Records

Firsts

First FA Cup match – v. Bolton, First Qualifying Round, 12 November 1887 (drew 0–0)[4]
First League match – v. Accrington, First Division, 8 September 1888 (won 2–1)
First match at Goodison – v. Bolton, First Division, (won 4–2)
First European match – v. Dunfermline F.C., Fairs Cup, 25 September 1962 (won 1–0)
First League Cup match – v. Accrington Stanley, (won 3–1)

Record wins
Record League Victory: 9–1 v Manchester City, 3 September 1906; v Plymouth Argyle, 27 December 1930 (W Dean & J Stein both scored 4, a first for Everton)
Record FA Cup Victory: 11–2 v Derby County, FA Cup, 5th Round, 18 January 1890 (Hat-tricks from Fred Geary, Alec Brady and Alf Milward)[5]
Record League Cup Victory: 8–0 v Wimbledon, League Cup, 2nd Round, 29 August 1978
Record Aggregate League Cup Victory: 11–0 v Wrexham, League Cup, 2nd Round, 1990
Record European Victory: 6–1 v SK Brann, UEFA CUP, Round of 32, 21 February 2008
Record Aggregate European Victory: 10–0 v Finn Harps, UEFA CUP, 1st Round, 1978

List of National Records/Fun Facts

Goodison Park was the world's first purpose made and designed dedicated football ground.
Goodison Park is the only club ground to have hosted a world cup semi-final.
Goodison Park was the venue for England v Republic of Ireland 21 September 1949. England lost 2–0 & this was their first home defeat to a non-UK country. Everton's Peter Farrell scored.
Everton were the first English club to appear in European competitions five seasons running (1962–63 to 1966–67).
Everton have played in more top flight seasons than any other club.[7]
They have scored and conceded more goals in the top division than any other club.[7]
Everton have both drawn and lost more top flight matches than any other side.[7]
They hold the unusual distinction of being reigning League champions for the longest time. They won the championship in 1915 and thus remained reigning champions until the 1919–20 season due to the World War I league cancellation. They were also champions in 1939, and again remained reigning champions until the league resumed in 1946–47 after World War II.
First club to be presented with the League Championship trophy and medals.
First club to have the youngest Premiership goalscorer in two consecutive seasons with two different players
First club to play 4000 top-flight games
First club to amass 5000 League points
First club to win the League Championship on two different grounds.
First club to stage an FA Cup final
First English club to install dugouts
First English club to be invited to train at the Italian training HQ at Coverciano.
First club to win the FA Cup Final after being 2–0 down.
First club to appear in 4 consecutive Charity Shields at Wembley 1984–7.
Jack Southworth's six goals v West Bromwich Albion, 30 December 1893, was the first such instance in Football League history.
Most disciplinary points received in the Premier League (2 points for a red card, one for a yellow): 1252

Transfer Records Paid
1. Rayan Cherki Burnley £41.5M 2026
2 Gylfi Sigurðsson Swansea City £40M 2017
3 Richarlison Watford £35M 2018
4 Amadou Onana Lille £30M 2022
5 Jordan Pickford Sunderland £25M 2017
6 Yerry Mina Barcelona £27M 2018
7 Romelu Lukaku Chelsea £28M 2014
8 Alex Iwobi Arsenal £28M 2019
9 Michael Keane Burnley £25M 2017
10 Davy Klaassen Ajax £23.5M 2017

Transfer Records Received
1 Romelu Lukaku Manchester United £90M 2017
2. Kenneth Taylor Manchester United £65M 2026
3 Richarlison Tottenham Hotspur £60M 2022
4 John Stones Manchester City £47.5M 2016
5 Anthony Gordon Newcastle United £45M 2023
6 Sebastian Abbott Ajax £44.5M 2025
7 Carlos Alcaraz Sassuolo £29M 2026
8 Marouane Fellaini Manchester United £27.5M 2013
9 Wayne Rooney Manchester United £27M 2004
10 Joleon Lescott Manchester City £24M 2009
11 Kaoru Mitoma FC Porto £21M 2025

Most Club Appearances
1 Neville Southall 751 1981–1998
2 Brian Labone 534 1957–1971
3 Dave Watson 528 1986–2001
4 Ted Sagar 500 1929–1953
5 Kevin Ratcliffe 494 1980–1992
6 Mick Lyons 472 1969–1982
7 Jack Taylor 456 1896–1909
8 Peter Farrell 453 1946–1957
9 Graeme Sharp 447 1980–1991
10 Leon Osman 433 2000–2016
10 Dixie Dean 433 1925–1938

Neville Southall

8-january-1994-bolton-fa-cup-3rd-round-bolton-wanderers-v-everton-everton-goalkeeper-neville.jpg?s=612x612&w=gi&k=20&c=Ah_ueIaiY9DEuw2uf-y9TPaupxIn3bGuTq6GyFauVuM=

Most Club Goals
(Name, Year, Goals, Appearances, Goals per game)
1 Dixie Dean 1925–1937 386 433 0.88
2 Graeme Sharp 1980–1991 159 426 0.37
3 Bob Latchford 1974–1981 138 286 0.48
4 Alex Young 1901–1911 125 314 0.40
5 Joe Royle 1966–1974 119 273 0.44
6 Roy Vernon 1960–1965 111 203 0.55
Dave Hickson 1948–1955 1957–1959 111 243 0.46
8 Edgar Chadwick 1888–1899 110 300 0.37
9 Tony Cottee 1988–1994 99 206 0.48
10 Jimmy Settle 1899–1908 97 269 0.36
Kevin Sheedy 1982–1992 97 357 0.27

Dixie Dean
8fec790e-533b-41f6-8c93-7390e0b3f1a7-1500x2040.jpeg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=6385a1b4c1d10d989c68be21e814f12c

Post edited by Thurlow9984 on

Comments

• Thurlow9984
    Haven't started yet, but thought I'd get initial post up with stats, info etc
  • Steffolovitch
    2761 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dixie Dean. What a legend, 60 goals in one season, as far as I recall. Looking forward to this.
  • Danimal5981
    3471 posts National Call-Up
    Whenever someone starts a new career I quickly check the team out on Wiki: they started as St. Domingo FC and actually played their first game against Everton Church Club and they changed their club colours plenty of times in their first decades.

There's this great documentary with Alfie Allen about the history of football; in particular, I find it fascinating how things evolved up until the Great War (1914). And also the big move in creating the current Premier League which was -at the time- a very risky thing to do, but look how a quarter century later it has shaped the world of football in England and beyond.

I digress, but the historic point I wanted to make about Everton is that they have spent most seasons at the top tier by far of any English fooball club - 120 seasons. And because of this, despite relegating twice, the city of Liverpool has always been represented in the top tier of English football.

Number of season in top tier of English football

1 Everton 120
    2 Aston Villa 109
    3 Liverpool 108
    4 Arsenal 106
    5 Manchester United 98
    6 Manchester City 94
    7 Newcastle United 91
    8 Chelsea 88
    9 Tottenham Hotspur 88
    10 Sunderland 87
  • Cobblers
    845 posts Semi-Pro
    "they find themselves Relegated from the Top Division for the first time since 1950"

Have you done that yourself, then? I read in Fifa 22 that doing such things potentially caused problems in later seasons...?
  • Thurlow9984
    I digress, but the historic point I wanted to make about Everton is that they have spent most seasons at the top tier by far of any English fooball club - 120 seasons. And because of this, despite relegating twice, the city of Liverpool has always been represented in the top tier of English football.

Everton fans are good at pointing this out and pundits often mention it so it's kinda glued in especially when they have a struggling season. I find it amusing people refer to them as a small club when in fact they are a traditionally a big club and for years were battling their rivals for titles and came close to many more. As a Leeds fan I can sympathize with Everton fans and hope for their sake things turn with new appointment and don't go through what we did.
    Cobblers wrote: »
    "they find themselves Relegated from the Top Division for the first time since 1950"

Have you done that yourself, then? I read in Fifa 22 that doing such things potentially caused problems in later seasons...?

I will do it haven't started yet, but did this many times in past FIFA's and never had any issues outside whatever issues were already happening. I tend to make a few transfers before loading up the career from potential rumoured ones and return certain loan players I remember to return but don't stress over it.
    Dixie Dean. What a legend, 60 goals in one season, as far as I recall. Looking forward to this.

Yes spotted that earlier when looking through the stats was way back in 1927-28 season where he scored 60 goals
  • Thurlow9984
    Was about to get started, but not quite all the transfers are up to date 🤞 they done soon
  • Steffolovitch
    Was about to get started, but not quite all the transfers are up to date 🤞 they done soon

Yeah they also just removed the real faces of a lot of players; Darwin, Antony, Lisandro Martínez etc. Can't believe they keep making the same mistakes, but that's just EA for you, I guess. Nevertheless it will also keep me from starting my new save, until this is fixed.
  • Thurlow9984

Yeah they also just removed the real faces of a lot of players; Darwin, Antony, Lisandro Martínez etc. Can't believe they keep making the same mistakes, but that's just EA for you, I guess. Nevertheless it will also keep me from starting my new save, until this is fixed.

I didn't twig til I was half way through removing some Everton players and I got to Anthony Gordon and unfortunately my first thought wasn't oh they haven't updated it was more I can't believe Newcastle just paid 45mil for a 79ovl 🤣
  • Thurlow9984
    As I wait a little longer I've been considering some of next season's potential transfers. There will be loads of rumours between now and then, but who do you guys think could be genuinely moving on and where they'd be going. Some players such as

Harry Kane
    Mo Salah
    Jude Bellingham
    David De Gea
    Neymar
    Illian Meslier
    Declan Rice

Current loan moves returning or permanently moving

These players contracts reportedly end end of season (haven't researched if renewed yet)
    Leo Messi
    Karim Benzema
    Milan Skriniar
    Your Teilsmann
    Wilfred Zaha
    Marcus Thurman
    Thomas Lemar
    N'Golo Kante
    Toni Kroos
    Ilkay Gundogan

Also as doing a season ahead I plan to relegate Everton, Southampton and Wolves (have really bad feeling about them irl this season)!be lots of names to move on from there

Calvert Lewin
    Conor Coady
    Pickford
    Yerry Mina
    Gueye
    Neal Maupay

James Ward Prowse

Ruben Neves
    Adama
    Nunes
    Moutinho
    Costa

That's just to name a few. If anyone fancies making any good suggestions for some of those or other potential deals for me to consider.
  • LAboog4
    1824 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some random guesses

Harry Kane - Stays at Spurs, new contract talks already happening
    Mo Salah - PSG
    Jude Bellingham - Liverpool
    David De Gea - Spain somewhere?
    Neymar - PSG
    Illian Meslier - Leicester City?
    Declan Rice - Arsenal
    Pickford - Spurs
    Ruben Neves - Man United
    Calvert Lewin - West Ham
    Ward Prowse - I think he’s a lifer at Southampton personally
    Skriniar - PSG
    Gundogan - Bayern

Only one or two of those I’m confident in. The rest are just fun guesses.
  • Cobblers
    845 posts Semi-Pro
    Harry Kane Won't get a move, as Spurs will ask too much
    Mo Salah He won't move either, after his massive salary increase
    Jude Bellingham Either City or Real. Depends what weather he fancies!
    David De Gea Will stay at United a bit longer, I think
    Neymar Don't care, actually
    Illian Meslier Don't care, actually
    Declan Rice Chelsea, as that's his boyhood club.
    Leo Messi I reckon he'll go to the USA, unless the Saudis offer him incredibly silly money, as they have done with Ronaldo
  • Steffolovitch
    It's hard to predict these things. I think Messi will stay in Paris, it took him some time to settle, but now he's back at his best (give or take), I don't think he'll be in a hurry to move on again. Neymar's situation could affect it though, since they're buddies and all...

Man United will go for a striker, and both Kane and Osimhen have been named. I think Kane will stay though. And somehow I think Man United will end up with Vlahovic from Juventus, exploiting their current situation...

The rest would just be guesses, really...
  • Hello! :)

I am looking forward to keep tabs on your career mode! I was thinking about doing an Everton one myself, but ended up going with Valencia after seeing Gattuso leave.

No doubt there will be pressure to get the Toffees back to the PL straight away, hopefully they will get that promotion.

Regarding the rumours:
    - Harry Kane - Stays at Spurs
    - Mo Salah - Stays at L'pool
    - Jude Bellingham - I am actually not sure about this one, everything seems to point him towards L'pool, but I am not sure if he will if they do not get Champions League football next season
    - David De Gea - Stays at Man U
    - Neymar - Stays at PSG
    - Illian Meslier - Spurs - replacing Lloris?
    - Declan Rice - He has always been linked to Chelsea, but I think he will go to Arsenal
    - Pickford - I think he stays at Everton
    - Ruben Neves - L'pool
    - Calvert Lewin - I think he stays at Everton if Sean Dyche gives them a more passionate playstyle
    - Ward Prowse - I am not too sure about this one, I could see Spurs getting him. Or L'pool, to keep with traditions
    - Skriniar - PSG, this was already confirmed
    - Gundogan - Either Bayern or I see him following Arteta to Arsenal
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 4
    I just heard an interview how English team tackle this (normally).

Teams like Everton and Southampton don't realistically play for Champions League and so for them, the primary objective is to secure the 140 million quid for the next Premier League run. When that is in danger around the winter transfer window, this is the moment most teams that feel the need start spending.

This is why Chelsea is going absolutely bunkers: they don't worry about the Premier League, but they are under threat of missing out on European cup games, in particular Champions League.
  • It's hard to predict these things. I think Messi will stay in Paris, it took him some time to settle, but now he's back at his best (give or take), I don't think he'll be in a hurry to move on again. Neymar's situation could affect it though, since they're buddies and all...

Man United will go for a striker, and both Kane and Osimhen have been named. I think Kane will stay though. And somehow I think Man United will end up with Vlahovic from Juventus, exploiting their current situation...

The rest would just be guesses, really...

I wouldn't like Kane at United, as I think he's getting a bit too old; I want younger players at the club - even in real life! It's difficult with players knowing at what point they fall off a cliff in terms of capability, and Kane's closer to that point than a much younger player would be.
  • Steffolovitch
    Normally I'd agree, @Cobblers , but I could easily see Kane at the top for 4-5 more years, equivalent of Benzema, who also peaked here in his mid-30's. Pirlo was also deemed 'too old' by Milan, before he went to Juventus and won four in a row, if I remember correctly. I do think he sounds expensive for an almost 30 year old though, thus why I also prefer other (and younger) options. But I wouldn't mind having him, if the price was right. Sorry, @Thurlow9984 , back to topic...
  • Thurlow9984
    Normally I'd agree, @Cobblers , but I could easily see Kane at the top for 4-5 more years, equivalent of Benzema, who also peaked here in his mid-30's. Pirlo was also deemed 'too old' by Milan, before he went to Juventus and won four in a row, if I remember correctly. I do think he sounds expensive for an almost 30 year old though, thus why I also prefer other (and younger) options. But I wouldn't mind having him, if the price was right. Sorry, @Thurlow9984 , back to topic...

No worries doesn't bother me, plus kinda opened up the potential off wondering off topic asking for transfer opinions. FTR before I realised transfers weren't updated pretty sure I ended up sending both Kane and Pickford to you.
    bdn_fc wrote: »
    Hello! :)

I am looking forward to keep tabs on your career mode! I was thinking about doing an Everton one myself, but ended up going with Valencia after seeing Gattuso leave.

No doubt there will be pressure to get the Toffees back to the PL straight away, hopefully they will get that promotion.

l

Thanks, looking forward to getting started, haven't focused much on CM last few months (no much spare time and playing FUT instead of bit) and now new console having to start from scratch anyways
  • Thurlow9984
    Call me a dinosaur but I can't deal with trying to do graphics on a Laptop, finding it too frustrating and far too long so I'm gonna most likely stick to using my mobile as can morealess do what I wanna do on here. Will have one more play around when less tired but has taken me half an HR to get half way through my squad and not be able to do what I wanted to do or not work out how to do what I wanted 🤣

Have also got impatient with waiting for squad updates so have gone and done ones I remember as well as move a few players on in predicted summer transfers plus leaving window open so anyone could be anywhere by time I start. Hopefully can get on with playing soon
  • Cobblers
    845 posts Semi-Pro
    Call me a dinosaur but I can't deal with trying to do graphics on a Laptop, finding it too frustrating and far too long so I'm gonna most likely stick to using my mobile as can morealess do what I wanna do on here. Will have one more play around when less tired but has taken me half an HR to get half way through my squad and not be able to do what I wanted to do or not work out how to do what I wanted 🤣

Have also got impatient with waiting for squad updates so have gone and done ones I remember as well as move a few players on in predicted summer transfers plus leaving window open so anyone could be anywhere by time I start. Hopefully can get on with playing soon

Surely anyway, the story is more important than the graphics? We want to know what happens, not how pretty it is...
  • Steffolovitch
    Surely anyway, the story is more important than the graphics? We want to know what happens, not how pretty it is...

I second this. I do enjoy some visuals to add to the story, showing league tables, introducing new players and so on. That also makes it easier to catch up, if you find yourself a few pages behind, compared to large amounts of text. I'm actually impressed that you can handle this stuff on a phone, I'd always prefer a laptop or similar to make these writeups.

But the main thing for me will always be the story, or the approach one takes. This allows me to find inspiration in other players' approach to the game, or learning about new players, whom I wasn't aware of before. Just look at my intense use of Kjell Scherpen in my current save, having him both in Hamburg and Leverkusen. You brought my attention to him at first, hadn't ever heard about him before. I remember him being your go-to keeper through a few different saves once, isn't that true?
  • Danimal5981

To each his/her own. I, in fact, do appreciate it when a little effort has been made. Doesn't need to be anything sophisticated, but I like seeing and reading well cut, scripted and tended stories. Otherwise, what's the point with sharing to the outside world, if it's little more than a note-to-self, right?

But maybe I'm the dinosaur here, because I could actually appreciate a whole essay of words. I'm not of the YouTube-generation where anything above 10 minutes is deemed a very long time.
  • Thurlow9984

I agree just thought I'd at least make an effort and sometimes keeps some more invested with less words and more graphics, but I'll plod along as I usually do

You brought my attention to him at first, hadn't ever heard about him before. I remember him being your go-to keeper through a few different saves once, isn't that true?

Ah yes, haven't used for a while, but was definitely someone I often signed. Never realised he was once attached to Ajax and just out on loan until I was managing Ajax in a journeyman career and signed him from Leeds which was a bit backwards as I normally signed him in my Leeds careers. Another is Bettinelli and I saw soon as I loaded up this career Chelsea had him listed for sale, for so long I often used as my Championship keeper or back up Premier League, but I didn't sign him
  • Thurlow9984
    tbfjppn57kdn.png

this is a test post, info is all correct and happened, just something playing with and if it is readable then its something i can use going forward just looking a bit better than is in this post. more concerned about the text being readable so let me know if it is a struggle
  • Thurlow9984
    Actually seems a tad small and just looked on my mobile and seems a little blurry so i'll get back to my orginal plan i think
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 6
    Actually seems a tad small and just looked on my mobile and seems a little blurry so i'll get back to my orginal plan i think

Good man. Don't take my comments as an attack or anything, just an opinion based on years of experience. I mean, I did Career stories when the full Eredivisie returned to FIFA in... ? 2005 or 2006? Maarten Stekelenburg already at Ajax (still is), Wesley Sneijder at Ajax, Jan Vertonghen joined as a junior this year at Ajax (and was in the game), current manager John Heitinga was still playing at Ajax. But the sweetest player that game at Ajax was South-African Steven Pienaar who would later join (yes...) Everton.

And in real life....: Kjell Scherpen?
    Neh... Cost us our Europa League run two years ago, with a real bad game of his against Roma.
  • Thurlow9984
    Everton Struggles Continue

Life in The Championship has not started well for The Toffees losing their 3 opening League games and mounting early pressure on The Manager with fans showing their frustration.

ug5hpd43o69x.jpg
    2xo73bidlpfd.jpg

With the opening defeat to Preston they following up with 2 1-0 defeats. In between those 2 games was a Carabao Cup tie away to Sutton United where Ellis Simms was on fire scoring 5 goals.
    9sx0s8e7nufh.jpg

This was also a special day for Everton Youngster Sebastian Abbott

ocwihnodpk4u.png

The 17 year old joined up with The First Team squad back in the summer. Currently recognised as an Attacking Midfielder, but insiders have said the Development Team are looking to convert him into an Inverted Winger

hbltw9xc83gc.png

ok7zu2oepbo1.png

As previously reported Phil Jones as joined from Manchester United the veteran hoping to reignite his career, but with all the departures he has already come under criticism from the fans for mistakes in the first game and the fact he has been the only signing so far with the Window getting closer and closer to closing.

b9oufl8qbd66.jpg
    v6ie0rejcvl7.jpg
    pyelhws88dhk.jpg
    w0uietmrkpiv.jpg

Results improve new faces arrive and some BIG names remain to the delight of Everton fans. With The Transfer Window now shut they can focus on the matches ahead and not wonder who's put the door tomorrow.

eoyb7ff06q0i.jpg

Everton already have 4 Goalkeepers, but 3 of them are Retiring at end of the season so Toby Savin was brought in from Accrington Stanley. The young keeper impressed The Manage in a FA Cup 4th Round tie from last season against Leeds United. Matthew Smith joins on loan from Arsenal for the season with the possibility of making the move permanently.

Manager Gives Dele Alli Another Chance

ti7gwx0f5vei.png

Alli has had a terrible time in recent seasons and has been a shadow of his former self, but seems to have found a new lease of life at Everton in The Champions. Could this be the season that reignites his career and help Everton back to The Premier League. He is not the only one who has ended up remaining at Everton to fight back to The Premier League. Andros Townsend, Alex Iwobi, Nathan Patterson, Demarai Gray, Tom Davies, Mason Holgate and Captain Seamus Coleman remained at Goodison Park when the window slammed shut.

There is a long way to go especially after a poor start, but now Everton have a few months of not worrying about anyone else leaving.

Everton find themselves currently in 16th
    jfrrgkdmssqz.png

Top 8
    9i0uk5tloyf8.png

Full Squad will be posted once I've had chance to get back on Xbox
  • Thurlow9984
    edited February 7
    Also anyone else have issue with starting Xl being shuffled about when start game? I thought it was just when I changed squad when on the play/sim menu. I was getting frustrated in my first match as seemed like no one was where I expected them to be then at HT when went to Squad Management I see my CDMs were on the wings and wingers inside etc. Always seems to be my Midfield messed up each game.

This a screenshot I took when I noticed in build up it was all changed utb0d5kmamup.png

Townsend should be on the right, Gray on Left, Iwobi at CAM and Davies at CM. Not a huge thing just gotta remember to check team management after start, just annoying it's happening, noticed it happened to me when playing Season's too, didn't happen in FUT unless this is a new glitch as haven't played that for a few weeks
  • LAboog4
    1824 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not a great start but with being able to maintain all those players, you should be able to bounce back to the PL in no time. I like the Dele signing, he’s young enough to find his form and be good again for the right manager.

The XI shuffling was an issue in previous Fifas but I have not noticed it this season. When you set your lineup, were you setting a different game plan by chance? I have noticed if I set up an all attack game plan, my balanced one looks out of sorts.
  • Steffolovitch
    edited February 8
    TOUGH start for Everton. Hopefully the closed transfer window can provide the necessary time and space for the team to find themselves and climb the table. Surely the board expects a promotion right away?

Fun to see a possible revival of Dele Alli. That could be a little story in the story to follow this possible rise.

Tough luck with the changing formations. I haven't experienced anything like that yet, but I did find my Team Sheets to be messed up, when I moved from Hamburg to Leverkusen. I marked one team sheet to be the main one, and it kept reverting back to the one that was before. But that was always in the Team Management menues, once I chose a lineup for a particular game, it's always come out this way on the pitch.
  • Cobblers
    845 posts Semi-Pro
    `
    Also anyone else have issue with starting Xl being shuffled about when start game?

Happened to me last night in a match on my Blackpool thread. Before starting the match I changed the formation from what the team sheet is saved as (normally 4-1-3-2 to 4-2-3-1), and I did rearrange the players into the positions I wanted before beginning the match, only to find a striker in the CB position and a RB playing up front (amongst other weird things), once I got started.

Probably yet another bug... :s