Old Gen vs New Gen - How and what do adapt? - switch from old to new gen

scalaneopt
1405 posts Play-Off Hero
edited November 2022
I just made the switch from old gen to new gen (xbox). I did a couple of games in Division 1 of Rivals and realize that it´s quite different. Already changed my CR7 to Architect to make him Lengthy but still trying to adapt. I see that the game is not as fast as old gen and that tacticts actually work better (i may be wrong - lol).
Also like almost every games i see in new gen is that players are all dropped back. Any tips guys could be helpfull.
Thanks!
Post edited by scalaneopt on

Comments

• The_Engineer
    726 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tactics work better in Old Gen and less dropping back for sure, in addition to somoother first touch, maneuvering and passing.

New gen has the graphics, the better looking and feeling gameplay, still, any broken mechanic or an incident that would never happen in real football can be the game decider, so you'll lose and some people here will tell you that it is because New Gen has the more skilled players. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Nevertheless, Old gen gameplay is laggy and more exposed to internet connection problems.

Conclusion:

-New Gen: Broken mechanics requires to be fixed.
    -Old Gen: Gameplay connection is a huge factor in the result.

I prefer Old Gen right now.
  • Wonderkiid
    2988 posts National Call-Up
    Next gen just spam through passen over the top of over the ground to either Haaland or CR7 and you'll have a good chance of winning.

Old gen just play how you used to play and Quik sell both cr7 and Haaland as they are both useless on that platform
  • Wonderkiid wrote: »
    Next gen just spam through passen over the top of over the ground to either Haaland or CR7 and you'll have a good chance of winning.

Old gen just play how you used to play and Quik sell both cr7 and Haaland as they are both useless on that platform

And old gen opponents are absolutely free so you can feel like the best player in the world :trollface:
  • scalaneopt
    1405 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wonderkiid wrote: »

I moved from old gen to new gen. Im using CR7 on there and he is deadly. No quick sell... what??? :-)
  • YidArmy
    2569 posts Fans' Favourite
    scalaneopt wrote: »

I moved from old gen to new gen. Im using CR7 on there and he is deadly. No quick sell... what??? :-)

In your opening post you have written that you are switching from new gen to old gen.
  • Wonderkiid
    2988 posts National Call-Up
    Orison wrote: »

And old gen opponents are absolutely free so you can feel like the best player in the world :trollface:

True. In next gen anyone can lump a ball to Haaland so everyone is at risk of losing a game regardless of ability
  • The_Engineer
    726 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Orison wrote: »

What do you mean by opponents are absolutely free??
  • scalaneopt
    1405 posts Play-Off Hero
    I just made the switch from new gen to old gen (xbox). I did a couple of games in Division 1 of Rivals and realize that it´s quite different. Already changed my CR7 to Architect to make him Lengthy but still trying to adapt. I see that the game is not as fast as old gen and that tacticts actually work better (i may be wrong - lol).
    Also like almost every games i see in new gen is that players are all dropped back. Any tips guys could be helpfull.
    Thanks!

Sorry... moving from old to new gen! :-( Sorry
  • scalaneopt
    1405 posts Play-Off Hero
    YidArmy wrote: »

In your opening post you have written that you are switching from new gen to old gen.

You are right! Mistake sorry! It´s the oposite!