I forgot about the rubber banding at the end of the season...

Scu11duggery
2298 posts Fans' Favourite
Brilliant. A week of people rubberbanding to get to 90 games

Comments

• CK4795
    1286 posts Play-Off Hero
    I know it can be annoying but its also a free win for u. So both sides benefit from it
  • TheArchitect
    1145 posts Professional
    What does 90 games mean? Or get you?
  • Scu11duggery
    What does 90 games mean? Or get you?

Depends on your division but 1 or 2 untradeable 100k packs and a couple of lesser packs here and there
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    False_Nine wrote: »
    CK4795 wrote: »
    I know it can be annoying but its also a free win for u. So both sides benefit from it
    Unless someone just wants to play the game they paid for, in which case only one side benefits from it.

They payed for competative mode that gives players option to forfeit or rubberband.

They can always turn single player seasons if they want more controlled experience.
  • False_Nine
    1433 posts Professional
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Unless someone just wants to play the game they paid for, in which case only one side benefits from it.

They payed for competative mode that gives players option to forfeit or rubberband.

They can always turn single player seasons if they want more controlled experience.
    What kind of justification is that?

That’s like saying it’s ok to leave your trash all over the park because someone gets paid to clean the park and, if they don’t like it, they should just find another job.

• Andyrusski
    320 posts Sunday League Hero

That’s like saying it’s ok to leave your trash all over the park because someone gets paid to clean the park and, if they don’t like it, they should just find another job.

Sorry, mate, if justification above was "bad" for you then yours just plain ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ;)

Unless you can present EULA which clearly states how exactly the game is to be played you can shut your case and live with it. And most likely people would not rubberbad to this extent should the game have been at least a bit enjoyable. But ofc course it's easier to blame the consequences than see the roots of the problem.
  • False_Nine
    1433 posts Professional
    Andyrusski wrote: »

Sorry, mate, if justification above was "bad" for you then yours just plain ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ;)

Unless you can present EULA which clearly states how exactly the game is to be played you can shut your case and live with it. And most likely people would not rubberbad to this extent should the game have been at least a bit enjoyable. But ofc course it's easier to blame the consequences than see the roots of the problem.
    ”The game is bad but I’m still going to waste my time making sure I get rewards from a game I don’t enjoy playing.”

Ok…

• Scu11duggery

The game isn't perfect, but it shouldn't be seen as justification for selfish behaviour that ruins the experience for others. Others may enjoy it and want to play. And if the game isn't great, this certainly doesn't help the experience.

This isn't about dictating how others play, but when you load up a game of rivals you do so with the expectation that you will be playing against an opponent, not waiting for the game to end before you can try again to find a game or take a loss and affect your own position with promotion/skill rating because someone else entered the game in bad faith.
  • Andyrusski

”The game is bad but I’m still going to waste my time making sure I get rewards from a game I don’t enjoy playing.”

Ok…

Hah, come on, it's rubberbanding, it's literally "do something else and get rewards". Doesn't make the issue MUCH better, but sounds different.

@Scu11duggery - those are valid points of course, yet rubberbanding among one of plenty issues, albeit it's surely player driven. A lot of people play this game they way i'd never figure a real football game, so yeah, i'd take a random rubber band over constant travellas and cut ins.

Unfortunatelly, and this is probably where we all lose, is that EA has build such a distorted and result oriented community that the only way to actually have a good game is to go online with one's mates.
  • JakeH
    3512 posts National Call-Up
    I’m going the Ghana player objectives so these rubber banders are making that a bit easier! I just score a few then pass to my Gk and hold right stick down.
  • KaiserFC
    254 posts Sunday League Hero

The game isn't perfect, but it shouldn't be seen as justification for selfish behaviour that ruins the experience for others. Others may enjoy it and want to play. And if the game isn't great, this certainly doesn't help the experience.

This isn't about dictating how others play, but when you load up a game of rivals you do so with the expectation that you will be playing against an opponent, not waiting for the game to end before you can try again to find a game or take a loss and affect your own position with promotion/skill rating because someone else entered the game in bad faith.

Im sure rashford_united1990 will pipe up claiming that you can play the game however the way you want soon 😂😂
  • Sjonhinho
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect

I dunno. I find it hard to comply to the benefit of a playerbase that finds it so hard to comply to mine.

- drop back, fall back, two CDM spam playstyle
    - sweatfest random spam skilling
    - constant mechanic abuse (Trivela, AI defending, constant pressure)
    - player celebrating only when coming up ahead with active player celebration to the camera
    - last 15 minutes possession spam.
    - People expecting GG but when you go up they play until 2, 3-0 down before quit.

Also (and this is hardly a brag) i give away on average 3-4 games in quals and WL. Rarely get messages saying TY but during WL always a couple toxic ones.
    Had 1 or 2 wins gifted myself up until now.
    Note: i'm not saying i want gifted wins, but with the amount of 0-0 quits by people who could just as well score an own goal and then quit all i'm saying is why give back to a playerbase who is, in my experience, for 95% totally not interested in making this a fun football experience but want their mechanic-abuse susceptible arcade game.

Rubber banding 5 matches to get to 90 Rivals wins is not that bad compared to the other toxic things that happen regurlaly in FIFA. I've got mine already but i have done it in the past for exactly the above mentioned reason.
  • Lackosweat
    11672 posts Has That Special Something
    Free winning streaks for anyone who haven't hit Elite. It's not that bad tbh.

• paul24878306
    5787 posts Big Money Move

The problem with fifa gas ways been the player base abusing meta players and play....because winning is more important than enjoyment.

Yes there are problems ea side, mostly server based issues, bye win at all costs player base is by far the biggest problem.
  • bigpokey24
    6063 posts Big Money Move

Ok…

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • RangerCraig
    3803 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2022
    I'll take a free stat boost and win plz :)

Can't get outa div 4 so all help appreciated :)
  • VincePaulNorth
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2022
    I usually score a couple of goals then rubberband myself if my opponent is rubberbanding
  • Hoopsterz
    3663 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2022
    People that desperate for an 100k pack they will rubber band for games at a time are literally pathetic as ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

I don't know how people can happily admit to doing it without being embarrassed tbh.
  • False_Nine
    1433 posts Professional
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    People that desperate for an 100k pack they will rubber band for games at a time are literally pathetic as ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

I don't know how people can happily admit to doing it without being embarrassed tbh.
    And then they’ll come on here or Reddit and complain that the best they got was Patrik Schick and moan “What a waste of time…”
  • Hoopsterz

And then they’ll come on here or Reddit and complain that the best they got was Patrik Schick and moan “What a waste of time…”

or will moan that the game is dead by Christmas..

But then don't want to play the game for the rewards..
  • Sjonhinho
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect

🤷🤷

I don't really get that embarrassed about my online behaviour in what is quit literally a digital, marketing-schemed trading card simulator.
  • Hoopsterz
    Sjonhinho wrote: »

🤷🤷

I don't really get that embarrassed about my online behaviour in what is quit literally a digital, marketing-schemed trading card simulator.

You do you.. I mean in all walks of life I try and be a nice considerate person myself but you do you..
  • Andyrusski
    Sjonhinho wrote: »

🤷🤷

You do you.. I mean in all walks of life I try and be a nice considerate person myself but you do you..

Oi, mate, since when calling strangers "pathetic" classifies as "being nice considerate person"? :wink:

There are way more issues and behaviural habits that make playing experience way less enjoyable, and while for some annoying rubberbanding in itself isn't criminal, and sadly i have experienced none while trying miserably to get my 8 wins in Div 4, where i got by pure coincidence :smile:

And i'll take rubberbanding over some "elitary" kid who abuses every skill move and exploit usable while messaging me after the game about how painfully i will die from cancer while he'll be enjoying varying mating techniques with my relatives both living and dead ones.
  • AULERT
    1974 posts Fans' Favourite
    It would probably be quicker to go all out attack from the beginning and hope for an early quit. Get a lot of those in rivals if you score first.
  • dengah109
    1621 posts Play-Off Hero

lol serious? I dont understand wanting free wins in Rivals. WL sure but not rivals. If your struggling to get the wins needed to get in Div 3 why would you want to get there by default? Div 3 is harder so you will struggle more surely?

I always forfeit if I get that 2 win boost thingy as I want to climb naturally not because of this boost, when I forfeit I am always unsure whether to gift the win in rivals or not thinking it could actually get them to a level they are not ready for and then its really not much fun!
  • RangerCraig
    edited November 2022
    dengah109 wrote: »

lol serious? I dont understand wanting free wins in Rivals. WL sure but not rivals. If your struggling to get the wins needed to get in Div 3 why would you want to get there by default? Div 3 is harder so you will struggle more surely?

I always forfeit if I get that 2 win boost thingy as I want to climb naturally not because of this boost, when I forfeit I am always unsure whether to gift the win in rivals or not thinking it could actually get them to a level they are not ready for and then its really not much fun!

Was banter bro. I'm happy in div 4 haven't had a rubber binder yet so I'm not really affected. Have had ppl quit after I score 1 tho. So maybe I shouldn't be in div 4 lol

I always sit around div 3 4 tho...

I actually enjoy tge game , but I'm probs anti meta so won't be elite (and I'm to old lol)
  • ImAtrocious
    3204 posts National Call-Up

That approach seems a little rigid to me. The boost is "natural," since it's the mechanic in the game. If you're able to go on a win streak, then you should be ready for the next level. Even if jumping to the next level makes you take a few losses in a row, it seems like you'll eventually start to improve and win games at the higher division.
  • RangerCraig

That approach seems a little rigid to me. The boost is "natural," since it's the mechanic in the game. If you're able to go on a win streak, then you should be ready for the next level. Even if jumping to the next level makes you take a few losses in a row, it seems like you'll eventually start to improve and win games at the higher division.

I agree playing better makes you get better naturally
  • dengah109
    1621 posts Play-Off Hero

I get the logic but I am not inclined to agree, I dont think winning 2 games in a row especially given so many people quit when you score 1 goal for whatever reason is a big enough 'streak' myself. Match making still feels slightly random to me in rivals but that said if I was winning games really easy then I wouldnt worry about the boost. At the level I am right now all games are hard for me, sure to improve you have to face better opponents I get that. However I just feel its to easy to climb rivals and with this boost it means I will climb quicker than I perhaps should. I know with the system as it is I will probably get to a level and struggle to win any games. The game is meant to be fun and being stuck at a level that is beyond you cannot be much fun.

I have won so many games where I have scored 1 goal quite early on and theyve quit. ive even messaged some afterwards to say why!? it was so early on you'd have probably won!? if they reply mostly they say the connection was bad for them and they couldnt be bothered hanging around so on that basis the boost is not natural.

If I were an elite player and wanted to get there quickly then yes the boost is a great idea, gets them promoted sooner to their natural level and the likes of me wont face them. For average player like me I dont think the boost is at all natural.