What Formations are you Running?

TestEagles
2384 posts Fans' Favourite
I've been keeping it narrow with 41212(2) and enjoy having two strikers and a CAM up front. But ... it's very narrow and you don't get to exploit the wide spaces with speedy wingers. Also tried 433 and got smashed on the counter, and more recently a 4231(2) with RM and LM - this was ok but the striker gets isolated easily.

What formations are you enjoying / having success with and why?

Comments

• LFC798
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    Enjoying 4411(2) at the moment, I’ve always been a fan of the narrow 41212 but seem to be getting more joy out of the 4411

Always seems to be an option to pass to someone in the middle then can switch it out to one of the widemen. With that being said, I’ve heard 5212 is good so might give that a go if I start struggling with 4411
  • TestEagles
    2384 posts Fans' Favourite
    My team for what it's worth:
    url=https://ibb.co/bKRhcK1]Capture01.png[/url
  • JakeH
    3457 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2022
    4312 for me. Full backs on join the attack.
  • Rainaz
    1314 posts Professional
    41212 narrow 70 depth wingbacks overlap.

If you can't defend why try 🤷
  • paul24878306
    5787 posts Big Money Move
    433(5) mainly with 4231 and 4321 as options. Fbk on balanced always.
  • JakeH
    3457 posts National Call-Up
    Rainaz wrote: »
    41212 narrow 70 depth wingbacks overlap.

If you can't defend why try 🤷

This is me :D

• NathanBFC94
    1119 posts Professional
    I used 3421. It's good fun but I often get caught out at the back which is understandable. Probably not the most effective formation in the game but it's pretty good for me at the moment.
  • Dutch3723
    2133 posts Fans' Favourite
    5212 - played 352 all last year but just can’t get it to work the same this time. I don’t like single striker formations personally and also like a CAM. Wing backs (I use wingers over full backs) on overlap / join attack gives you lots of options. 70 depth for the higher press too
  • Theomanny
    2749 posts National Call-Up
    70 high line 5122 with both cm get forward and CDM with high defensive work rate. Got me to div 3 and 14 wins WL. I leave the wing backs on balanced cos asking them to join attack is asking for trouble cos the through ball merchants will tear u from the wing. They pick their runs forward carefully when on balanced or u can trigger it manually. So many options all over the pitch never had so much fun with a formation ever.
  • GazW09041980
    1896 posts Play-Off Hero
    4-3-3(4)
    4-2-2-2
    4-2-3-1
    4-3-2-1
    3-4-2-1
  • CJ Whu
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2022
    I’m on the cusp on Div 2 I’m proper struggling with formations atm I need some ideas 😂
    Post edited by CJ Whu on
  • Colonel_Getafe
    737 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2022
    4-3-2-1

Full backs set to overlap.

Central CM drop back into defense. One CM get forward, one balanced. Two CFs false 9 to drop deeper, stay central and ST to get in behind.

50/50 balanced

50 width

Balanced and Direct Passing.

Been working wonders but also spent a million coins on my team since changing around so that will have helped much more.

Full backs always offer outlet out wide and often can be found with long balls into space for a chance, problem is no one can bloody shoot. I have Cuadrado who is useful but finding a cheap(ish) left back with decent pace passing and shooting is hard.

Dropping CFs is good as pulls defence out a bit, was trying get in behind but often no space to get in behind to, so pull them out and use striker, CM brushing forward or overlaps as option unless long shot or dribble is on for a bit of a mix up.

Two small and fast CBs help sweep up any issues at the back most of the time. Play the fall back CM will often be in the weird no man's land between midfield and defense which helps a lot of interceptions and counters.
  • Mr. Soper
    4267 posts National Call-Up
    Switched to 424 with 100 depth this week after I read a post on here. Up to d3 now. Scoring average 3-5 goals a game.
  • paul24878306
    5787 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2022
    4-3-2-1

Full backs set to overlap.

Central CM drop back into defense. One CM get forward, one balanced. Two CFs false 9 to drop deeper, stay central and ST to get in behind.

50/50 balanced

50 width

Balanced and Direct Passing.

Been working wonders but also spent a million coins on my team since changing around so that will have helped much more.

Full backs always offer outlet out wide and often can be found with long balls into space for a chance, problem is no one can bloody shoot. I have Cuadrado who is useful but finding a cheap(ish) left back with decent pace passing and shooting is hard.

Dropping CFs is good as pulls defence out a bit, was trying get in behind but often no space to get in behind to, so pull them out and use striker, CM brushing forward or overlaps as option unless long shot or dribble is on for a bit of a mix up.

Two small and fast CBs help sweep up any issues at the back most of the time. Play the fall back CM will often be in the weird no man's land between midfield and defense which helps a lot of interceptions and counters.

I ued to run my 4321 like that, but tried some new bits.

Fb stay back, manually trigger them forward.

Both wide cm on get forward drift wide.

Cfs on get behind. Striker on false 9

A bit more solid defensively but cms provide some width (fullbacks can always be triggered). But, the striker on f9 confuses cbs, and cfs on gb break the line as there at full pelt when they break it.