So after ea blunder today

Comments

  • Request refund from Xbox store let's see
  • IPedro
    904 posts Professional
    Markv8ca wrote: »
    Request refund from Xbox store let's see

    May do the same, I’ll see how they handle this issue first. Its been over 6 hours since they took the pack down and they are yet to say anything
  • Diem
    1281 posts Professional
    john_d_efc wrote: »
    D14 wrote: »
    Honestly the tears are so pathetic.

    It was up for under 20 mins.

    Many people will have pulled bad hero’s that were selling for less than the pack.

    A few people will have got lucky.

    It was removed.

    Cards dropped sharply.

    Please keep in mind this happened like 6 hours ago, by next week it’s old news and all of the hero cards will have rebounded to roughly where they were.

    Less than 10% of the player base will have “benefitted”

    More on the forums admittedly because it was broadcast here.

    People aren’t at a disadvantage, they’re just annoyed that they haven’t had the same opportunity.

    Do you cry about the thousand people that packed an icon today but you didn’t? Of course not, maybe you spent more than they did, again not complaint worthy.

    It’s a mistake, people make mistakes.

    Collect your tears in a glass, drink them back up and save them for an actual tear worthy event

    I honestly don't get how you think people aren't at a disadvantage.

    People lost an absurd amount of coins if they weren't on at that time because they didn't get the hero pack.

    People who opened the pack will get compensation now, thus increasing the supply and making them worth far less.

    Then there are people who did this:

    5kobs7rfwd1s.jpg


    So you're either just trying to troll, you don't understand simple economics (which I hope this is the reason) or you're just trying to be edgy

    People who opened the pack won't get compensation - they've not lost anything.

    And no-one can lose coins by not getting the pack. You can argue that they've not gained any, but they're individually not in a worse position.

    Ginola was 2.67m on Wednesday, dropped to 2.33m before content yesterday. So the increase in supply has just accelerated the declines which were already happening.

    Yes, it's a massive error, and yes, the value of the cards has dropped, but you had Ginola before and have him now, so the harm to the individual is minor.
  • john_d_efc
    5072 posts Big Money Move
    @Diem unfortunately mate that's not going to be the case as it was false advertisement (the untradeable logo was visible and signified its was untradeable)

    If you don't think this is the case the perfect example of this is the base icon SBC last year. People packed mid icons from it (obviously better than the base).

    Instead of leaving it alone they "compensated" everyone who got a mid icon by gifting them the base, but they made the base tradeable (another mistake) so people ended up with a mid Pele and was able to sell the base version for 3m.

    Another example is the year in review (I was affected by this), anyone who got Record Breaker Eduourd (he was one of the best cards) in the picks would then get another pick as compensation. So I ended up with Eduourd AND someone else.

    I'm not saying it's right, it's just what EA do and you've just got to look at and mistakes and do it (SBC, pack etc) because you always get compensated
  • Diem
    1281 posts Professional
    john_d_efc wrote: »
    @Diem unfortunately mate that's not going to be the case as it was false advertisement (the untradeable logo was visible and signified its was untradeable)

    If you don't think this is the case the perfect example of this is the base icon SBC last year. People packed mid icons from it (obviously better than the base).

    Instead of leaving it alone they "compensated" everyone who got a mid icon by gifting them the base, but they made the base tradeable (another mistake) so people ended up with a mid Pele and was able to sell the base version for 3m.

    Another example is the year in review (I was affected by this), anyone who got Record Breaker Eduourd (he was one of the best cards) in the picks would then get another pick as compensation. So I ended up with Eduourd AND someone else.

    I'm not saying it's right, it's just what EA do and you've just got to look at and mistakes and do it (SBC, pack etc) because you always get compensated

    Thanks.

    I'd say this was different, since that's a question of the content of the pack, not whether the pack should have been there - unless we were supposed to have a Hero pack, just not that cheaply? That feels very unusual (would have expected a gamble SBC?).

    I'm not saying you're not going to be proved right, I just think they'll need a different justification as the offer shouldn't have been there at all, rather than the offer being there but bugged.
  • Ben7777
    379 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lol EA are so stupid they probably release icon packs £10k today
  • ha032742
    53054 posts Moderator
    Diem wrote: »
    john_d_efc wrote: »
    D14 wrote: »
    Honestly the tears are so pathetic.

    It was up for under 20 mins.

    Many people will have pulled bad hero’s that were selling for less than the pack.

    A few people will have got lucky.

    It was removed.

    Cards dropped sharply.

    Please keep in mind this happened like 6 hours ago, by next week it’s old news and all of the hero cards will have rebounded to roughly where they were.

    Less than 10% of the player base will have “benefitted”

    More on the forums admittedly because it was broadcast here.

    People aren’t at a disadvantage, they’re just annoyed that they haven’t had the same opportunity.

    Do you cry about the thousand people that packed an icon today but you didn’t? Of course not, maybe you spent more than they did, again not complaint worthy.

    It’s a mistake, people make mistakes.

    Collect your tears in a glass, drink them back up and save them for an actual tear worthy event

    I honestly don't get how you think people aren't at a disadvantage.

    People lost an absurd amount of coins if they weren't on at that time because they didn't get the hero pack.

    People who opened the pack will get compensation now, thus increasing the supply and making them worth far less.

    Then there are people who did this:

    5kobs7rfwd1s.jpg


    So you're either just trying to troll, you don't understand simple economics (which I hope this is the reason) or you're just trying to be edgy

    People who opened the pack won't get compensation - they've not lost anything.

    And no-one can lose coins by not getting the pack. You can argue that they've not gained any, but they're individually not in a worse position.

    Ginola was 2.67m on Wednesday, dropped to 2.33m before content yesterday. So the increase in supply has just accelerated the declines which were already happening.

    Yes, it's a massive error, and yes, the value of the cards has dropped, but you had Ginola before and have him now, so the harm to the individual is minor.

    People who opened the pack, myself included, will probably get compensation of the same pack but this time untradeable as it was advertised as untradeable in the store, rightly or wrongly 🤷‍♂️
  • Chet
    889 posts Semi-Pro
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Diem wrote: »
    john_d_efc wrote: »
    D14 wrote: »
    Honestly the tears are so pathetic.

    It was up for under 20 mins.

    Many people will have pulled bad hero’s that were selling for less than the pack.

    A few people will have got lucky.

    It was removed.

    Cards dropped sharply.

    Please keep in mind this happened like 6 hours ago, by next week it’s old news and all of the hero cards will have rebounded to roughly where they were.

    Less than 10% of the player base will have “benefitted”

    More on the forums admittedly because it was broadcast here.

    People aren’t at a disadvantage, they’re just annoyed that they haven’t had the same opportunity.

    Do you cry about the thousand people that packed an icon today but you didn’t? Of course not, maybe you spent more than they did, again not complaint worthy.

    It’s a mistake, people make mistakes.

    Collect your tears in a glass, drink them back up and save them for an actual tear worthy event

    I honestly don't get how you think people aren't at a disadvantage.

    People lost an absurd amount of coins if they weren't on at that time because they didn't get the hero pack.

    People who opened the pack will get compensation now, thus increasing the supply and making them worth far less.

    Then there are people who did this:

    5kobs7rfwd1s.jpg


    So you're either just trying to troll, you don't understand simple economics (which I hope this is the reason) or you're just trying to be edgy

    People who opened the pack won't get compensation - they've not lost anything.

    And no-one can lose coins by not getting the pack. You can argue that they've not gained any, but they're individually not in a worse position.

    Ginola was 2.67m on Wednesday, dropped to 2.33m before content yesterday. So the increase in supply has just accelerated the declines which were already happening.

    Yes, it's a massive error, and yes, the value of the cards has dropped, but you had Ginola before and have him now, so the harm to the individual is minor.

    People who opened the pack, myself included, will probably get compensation of the same pack but this time untradeable as it was advertised as untradeable in the store, rightly or wrongly 🤷‍♂️

    Yea I opened it, fully expecting this to happen.

    I can’t lie, I’ve benefited a lot from the mistake but it’s so wrong. People put time and money into the game to get those heroes and to have their values slashed a week into the game cycle is a disgrace.

    To then insult those players again by compensating players that took advantage would be befitting of EA.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    1449 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't get it, you get compensation for benefiting from a mistake?

    Surely compensation is for when you get shafted?

    Like all these players got something awesome from our mistake, let's compensate em, that's just backwards.
  • Nem
    10192 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't get it, you get compensation for benefiting from a mistake?

    Surely compensation is for when you get shafted?

    Like all these players got something awesome from our mistake, let's compensate em, that's just backwards.

    It's not compensation as such, but EA having to provide them with what the description states due to real money being involved. They are bound by rules due to the trade description act.
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Diem wrote: »
    john_d_efc wrote: »
    D14 wrote: »
    Honestly the tears are so pathetic.

    It was up for under 20 mins.

    Many people will have pulled bad hero’s that were selling for less than the pack.

    A few people will have got lucky.

    It was removed.

    Cards dropped sharply.

    Please keep in mind this happened like 6 hours ago, by next week it’s old news and all of the hero cards will have rebounded to roughly where they were.

    Less than 10% of the player base will have “benefitted”

    More on the forums admittedly because it was broadcast here.

    People aren’t at a disadvantage, they’re just annoyed that they haven’t had the same opportunity.

    Do you cry about the thousand people that packed an icon today but you didn’t? Of course not, maybe you spent more than they did, again not complaint worthy.

    It’s a mistake, people make mistakes.

    Collect your tears in a glass, drink them back up and save them for an actual tear worthy event

    I honestly don't get how you think people aren't at a disadvantage.

    People lost an absurd amount of coins if they weren't on at that time because they didn't get the hero pack.

    People who opened the pack will get compensation now, thus increasing the supply and making them worth far less.

    Then there are people who did this:

    5kobs7rfwd1s.jpg


    So you're either just trying to troll, you don't understand simple economics (which I hope this is the reason) or you're just trying to be edgy

    People who opened the pack won't get compensation - they've not lost anything.

    And no-one can lose coins by not getting the pack. You can argue that they've not gained any, but they're individually not in a worse position.

    Ginola was 2.67m on Wednesday, dropped to 2.33m before content yesterday. So the increase in supply has just accelerated the declines which were already happening.

    Yes, it's a massive error, and yes, the value of the cards has dropped, but you had Ginola before and have him now, so the harm to the individual is minor.

    People who opened the pack, myself included, will probably get compensation of the same pack but this time untradeable as it was advertised as untradeable in the store, rightly or wrongly 🤷‍♂️

    Looking forward for untradable Mostovoi.
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2022
    I don't get it, you get compensation for benefiting from a mistake?

    Surely compensation is for when you get shafted?

    Like all these players got something awesome from our mistake, let's compensate em, that's just backwards.

    Yeah, every year they do it in this manner. EA logic, right. But legally, it's the only right thing to do.
  • Boysie91
    16213 posts World Class
    Only way to do this sort of fairly is give everyone untradeable hero and for anyone who had a hero before the pack compensate the value of the card back or match the loss from the decline value.
  • RandyMarsh_x
    1627 posts Play-Off Hero
    ArsenalJay wrote: »
    D14 wrote: »
    Honestly the tears are so pathetic.

    It was up for under 20 mins.

    Many people will have pulled bad hero’s that were selling for less than the pack.

    A few people will have got lucky.

    It was removed.

    Cards dropped sharply.

    Please keep in mind this happened like 6 hours ago, by next week it’s old news and all of the hero cards will have rebounded to roughly where they were.

    Less than 10% of the player base will have “benefitted”

    More on the forums admittedly because it was broadcast here.

    People aren’t at a disadvantage, they’re just annoyed that they haven’t had the same opportunity.

    Do you cry about the thousand people that packed an icon today but you didn’t? Of course not, maybe you spent more than they did, again not complaint worthy.

    It’s a mistake, people make mistakes.

    Collect your tears in a glass, drink them back up and save them for an actual tear worthy event


    Honestly you sound a right melt with your smugness. I traded and grinded to buy my Ginola, I made a massive loss on a player because of an EA error. This is a multi billion pound company and you're telling me to collect my tears instead of asking for them to have sufficient quality control in place?

    It's a total farce, from a company that has a track record of blunders and doesn't seem to either care or learn. The facts remains, I should be in this position for an error not on my behalf, I have been effected due to their error. I won't get an apology or compo. However, for you to be so smug is a real insult. I honestly hate this Fifa community at times because of people like you.

    I don't understand, you say that EA have a track record of things like this, you then buy the game and potentially spend more on in-game purchases to then moan and complain when they do what you are fully aware of.

    How is it fair that people can access the web app before the game release or the game itself and make huge profits or how traders can ❤️❤️❤️❤️ over regular players by hoarding cards etc. Things happen in FIFA that will always be unfair to others, best to put your money where your mouth is and stop buying the game if it upsets people.
  • Kingyyy01
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    Next morning and they’ve dropped slightly again ginola down 1m in a week is madness
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    1449 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I don't get it, you get compensation for benefiting from a mistake?

    Surely compensation is for when you get shafted?

    Like all these players got something awesome from our mistake, let's compensate em, that's just backwards.

    Yeah, every year they do it in this manner. EA logic, right. But legally, it's the only right thing to do.

    Shows how much thought was put into these laws.
  • D14
    3860 posts National Call-Up
    radhoyl wrote: »
    D14 wrote: »
    D14 wrote: »

    People aren’t at a disadvantage

    How are the ones which did not get the pack not at a disadvantage?

    Because such a minority of people that play ultimate team did it, if 98% of players didn’t get to the pack then it’s no different to the 50% of people that packed better players than you did today anyway

    Not really the same.

    It was a mistake. We do not know how many people opened the Hero pack. Many access the app at 6pm. Could have been 50% who opened pack. We will never know.



    Whilst yes you’ll never know it would not be anywhere even remotely close to 50%, a large percentage of the player base would be asleep, some would be out, some would have been in games, some people wouldn’t have even noticed if they weren’t on the forums. Some in the player base don’t open packs via the store… etc

    Your also still not accounting for the fact this was a day ago.

    Bring this thread back up after a month if your still impacted fair enough but they’ll literally just go back to normal.

    As for the traders that made huge profits, people do that every day this is an isolated event and yes they made a killing but that doesn’t impact your enjoyment in any way other than the fact you feel annoyed/frustrated because you didn’t benefit
  • john_d_efc
    5072 posts Big Money Move
    Diem wrote: »
    john_d_efc wrote: »
    @Diem unfortunately mate that's not going to be the case as it was false advertisement (the untradeable logo was visible and signified its was untradeable)

    If you don't think this is the case the perfect example of this is the base icon SBC last year. People packed mid icons from it (obviously better than the base).

    Instead of leaving it alone they "compensated" everyone who got a mid icon by gifting them the base, but they made the base tradeable (another mistake) so people ended up with a mid Pele and was able to sell the base version for 3m.

    Another example is the year in review (I was affected by this), anyone who got Record Breaker Eduourd (he was one of the best cards) in the picks would then get another pick as compensation. So I ended up with Eduourd AND someone else.

    I'm not saying it's right, it's just what EA do and you've just got to look at and mistakes and do it (SBC, pack etc) because you always get compensated

    Thanks.

    I'd say this was different, since that's a question of the content of the pack, not whether the pack should have been there - unless we were supposed to have a Hero pack, just not that cheaply? That feels very unusual (would have expected a gamble SBC?).

    I'm not saying you're not going to be proved right, I just think they'll need a different justification as the offer shouldn't have been there at all, rather than the offer being there but bugged.

    I think because it had the logo that meant its untradeable means its false advertisement and therefore compensation.

    Either way, it's a huge ❤️❤️❤️❤️ sandwich
  • Joeznnn
    223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    Only way to do this sort of fairly is give everyone untradeable hero and for anyone who had a hero before the pack compensate the value of the card back or match the loss from the decline value.

    Far too many variables and nuances sadly. There’s nothing that can be done to create parity and that’s why they will most probably do nothing.

    I’ve benefited massively from this and the thought that I’m quite likely to get “compensation” is absolutely pathetic
  • Thefranchise92
    11515 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m sure ea are run by the tories only they would make the rich richer and then apologise for their mistake by further disparity.

    That would be like giving someone 1 million quid more than their take home pay a month and then letting them keep it, but then also paying them their actual pay because it should have been 10000

    Idiots

  • radhoyl
    5967 posts Big Money Move
    I’m sure ea are run by the tories only they would make the rich richer and then apologise for their mistake by further disparity.

    That would be like giving someone 1 million quid more than their take home pay a month and then letting them keep it, but then also paying them their actual pay because it should have been 10000

    Idiots

    And decrease benefits to compensate...

    It will never happen. Oh wait, it actually happens right now.
  • chiholam
    1877 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2022
    There's no chance at all that those that did not get the pack will get any compensation. Ea can argue directly that every one of us had the same opportunity to get it. If you were in game or in the web app or in companion then you could have got it. The fact that some were not, that's just tough (in EA eyes). Arguably this mistake, and it clearly is a big mistake will incentivise everyone to log in at 6pm, a win for EA! It might even drive some people to buy FP to be ready for the next F up!

    I only got it because my son happened to be playing at just after 6pm, finished game at 6.05 on PS5 and then scored about it, saying it was tradeable. I said that had to be a mistake at 25K. He got Campos and complained that he made a loss.

    I stupidly went on futbin to check and joked about it with him before logging into web app. Then spent 1 min thinking should I use coins or FP (from the ultimate pack). Finally bought at 6.14. I think they pulled it just after that as I came in here and spotted the forum charts confirming it had gone.

    BTW, I don't think it was marked as untradeable. Pretty sure it was shown as tradeable. In fact saw a couple of Internet news pages that show the store image and it shows user limit 1, and no untradeable sign. So I don't think those that got the hero pack will get anything else as we got what was advertised

    kgk4pctmilnu.jpg

    Even if it was meant to be untradeable, it surely was at the wrong price anyway. I remember reading there TOTW at 75k? Maybe that was what it was meant to be?

    Wait for the uproar when the hero pack comes back untradeable at 75k!
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    1449 posts Play-Off Hero
    chiholam wrote: »
    There's no chance at all that those that did not get the pack will get any compensation. Ea can argue directly that every one of us had the same opportunity to get it. If you were in game or in the web app or in companion then you could have got it. The fact that some were not, that's just tough (in EA eyes). Arguably this mistake, and it clearly is a big mistake will incentivise everyone to log in at 6pm, a win for EA! It might even drive some people to buy FP to be ready for the next F up!

    I only got it because my son happened to be playing at just after 6pm, finished game at 6.05 on PS5 and then scored about it, saying it was tradeable. I said that had to be a mistake at 25K. He got Campos and complained that he made a loss.

    I stupidly went on futbin to check and joked about it with him before logging into web app. Then spent 1 min thinking should I use coins or FP (from the ultimate pack). Finally bought at 6.14. I think they pulled it just after that as I came in here and spotted the forum charts confirming it had gone.

    BTW, I don't think it was marked as untradeable. Pretty sure it was shown as tradeable. In fact saw a couple of Internet news pages that show the store image and it shows user limit 1, and no untradeable sign. So I don't think those that got the hero pack will get anything else as we got what was advertised

    kgk4pctmilnu.jpg

    Even if it was meant to be untradeable, it surely was at the wrong price anyway. I remember reading there TOTW at 75k? Maybe that was what it was meant to be?

    Wait for the uproar when the hero pack comes back untradeable at 75k!

    I actually think it was suppposed to be a loan.
  • ha032742
    53054 posts Moderator
    chiholam wrote: »
    There's no chance at all that those that did not get the pack will get any compensation. Ea can argue directly that every one of us had the same opportunity to get it. If you were in game or in the web app or in companion then you could have got it. The fact that some were not, that's just tough (in EA eyes). Arguably this mistake, and it clearly is a big mistake will incentivise everyone to log in at 6pm, a win for EA! It might even drive some people to buy FP to be ready for the next F up!

    I only got it because my son happened to be playing at just after 6pm, finished game at 6.05 on PS5 and then scored about it, saying it was tradeable. I said that had to be a mistake at 25K. He got Campos and complained that he made a loss.

    I stupidly went on futbin to check and joked about it with him before logging into web app. Then spent 1 min thinking should I use coins or FP (from the ultimate pack). Finally bought at 6.14. I think they pulled it just after that as I came in here and spotted the forum charts confirming it had gone.

    BTW, I don't think it was marked as untradeable. Pretty sure it was shown as tradeable. In fact saw a couple of Internet news pages that show the store image and it shows user limit 1, and no untradeable sign. So I don't think those that got the hero pack will get anything else as we got what was advertised

    kgk4pctmilnu.jpg

    Even if it was meant to be untradeable, it surely was at the wrong price anyway. I remember reading there TOTW at 75k? Maybe that was what it was meant to be?

    Wait for the uproar when the hero pack comes back untradeable at 75k!

    Look at the top right of the pack in the picture you just posed ;)

    It looks like whatever was actually meant to be in the pack was meant to be untradeable but the description in the store didn’t mention it, however the picture shows the untradeable icon.
  • unxius
    1061 posts Professional
    edited October 2022
    Theres a few things that have changed massively ,
    People have made an extreme amount of profit and alot have lost an extreme amount through panic selling because there were 100s of pages of all the different type of heroes which made prices plummet and would still be going down now if someone of something didnt make them all disappear to push prices back up .
    Sadly the pack wasnt the pack advertised so that can only mean one thing .
    I shouldn't image the people that missed out will get the chance to open 1 and an untradeable one isnt the same for compensation , even though the store said it was available for 5-6days .
    The games still very early , so the difference between the rich and poor this early has changed massively because alot of people made alot of coins which will push prices up over time .
    The only advice is to ask your platform for a refund since it hasnt gone over the 28 days from release .
    You shouldn't waste your time with the company that develops the game because it's down to the platform for these issues.
  • BasketCase9483
    1302 posts Professional
    edited October 2022
    ha032742 wrote: »
    chiholam wrote: »
    There's no chance at all that those that did not get the pack will get any compensation. Ea can argue directly that every one of us had the same opportunity to get it. If you were in game or in the web app or in companion then you could have got it. The fact that some were not, that's just tough (in EA eyes). Arguably this mistake, and it clearly is a big mistake will incentivise everyone to log in at 6pm, a win for EA! It might even drive some people to buy FP to be ready for the next F up!

    I only got it because my son happened to be playing at just after 6pm, finished game at 6.05 on PS5 and then scored about it, saying it was tradeable. I said that had to be a mistake at 25K. He got Campos and complained that he made a loss.

    I stupidly went on futbin to check and joked about it with him before logging into web app. Then spent 1 min thinking should I use coins or FP (from the ultimate pack). Finally bought at 6.14. I think they pulled it just after that as I came in here and spotted the forum charts confirming it had gone.

    BTW, I don't think it was marked as untradeable. Pretty sure it was shown as tradeable. In fact saw a couple of Internet news pages that show the store image and it shows user limit 1, and no untradeable sign. So I don't think those that got the hero pack will get anything else as we got what was advertised

    kgk4pctmilnu.jpg

    Even if it was meant to be untradeable, it surely was at the wrong price anyway. I remember reading there TOTW at 75k? Maybe that was what it was meant to be?

    Wait for the uproar when the hero pack comes back untradeable at 75k!

    Look at the top right of the pack in the picture you just posed ;)

    It looks like whatever was actually meant to be in the pack was meant to be untradeable but the description in the store didn’t mention it, however the picture shows the untradeable icon.

    Yeah, I think it was supposed to be one of those foundations packs and some muppet at EA put a tradeable hero in it instead.
  • chiholam
    1877 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2022
    ha032742 wrote: »
    chiholam wrote: »
    There's no chance at all that those that did not get the pack will get any compensation. Ea can argue directly that every one of us had the same opportunity to get it. If you were in game or in the web app or in companion then you could have got it. The fact that some were not, that's just tough (in EA eyes). Arguably this mistake, and it clearly is a big mistake will incentivise everyone to log in at 6pm, a win for EA! It might even drive some people to buy FP to be ready for the next F up!

    I only got it because my son happened to be playing at just after 6pm, finished game at 6.05 on PS5 and then scored about it, saying it was tradeable. I said that had to be a mistake at 25K. He got Campos and complained that he made a loss.

    I stupidly went on futbin to check and joked about it with him before logging into web app. Then spent 1 min thinking should I use coins or FP (from the ultimate pack). Finally bought at 6.14. I think they pulled it just after that as I came in here and spotted the forum charts confirming it had gone.

    BTW, I don't think it was marked as untradeable. Pretty sure it was shown as tradeable. In fact saw a couple of Internet news pages that show the store image and it shows user limit 1, and no untradeable sign. So I don't think those that got the hero pack will get anything else as we got what was advertised

    kgk4pctmilnu.jpg

    Even if it was meant to be untradeable, it surely was at the wrong price anyway. I remember reading there TOTW at 75k? Maybe that was what it was meant to be?

    Wait for the uproar when the hero pack comes back untradeable at 75k!

    Look at the top right of the pack in the picture you just posed ;)

    It looks like whatever was actually meant to be in the pack was meant to be untradeable but the description in the store didn’t mention it, however the picture shows the untradeable icon.

    Wow! Never noticed that TINY logo before. I had assumed they look like the ones in your pack list with the big red logo.

    2ycomd4tvgea.png

    That's just stupid. Notice how the ones in the pack list don't have the little untradeable logo, but had the massive red one? (snapshot from companion app just now)

    The other image I attached was from an Internet page, but I assume that was what it was. I certainly don't remember it having the big red one when I bought it on Web app.

  • BasketCase9483
    1302 posts Professional
    edited October 2022
    chiholam wrote: »
    chiholam wrote: »
    There's no chance at all that those that did not get the pack will get any compensation. Ea can argue directly that every one of us had the same opportunity to get it. If you were in game or in the web app or in companion then you could have got it. The fact that some were not, that's just tough (in EA eyes). Arguably this mistake, and it clearly is a big mistake will incentivise everyone to log in at 6pm, a win for EA! It might even drive some people to buy FP to be ready for the next F up!

    I only got it because my son happened to be playing at just after 6pm, finished game at 6.05 on PS5 and then scored about it, saying it was tradeable. I said that had to be a mistake at 25K. He got Campos and complained that he made a loss.

    I stupidly went on futbin to check and joked about it with him before logging into web app. Then spent 1 min thinking should I use coins or FP (from the ultimate pack). Finally bought at 6.14. I think they pulled it just after that as I came in here and spotted the forum charts confirming it had gone.

    BTW, I don't think it was marked as untradeable. Pretty sure it was shown as tradeable. In fact saw a couple of Internet news pages that show the store image and it shows user limit 1, and no untradeable sign. So I don't think those that got the hero pack will get anything else as we got what was advertised

    kgk4pctmilnu.jpg

    Even if it was meant to be untradeable, it surely was at the wrong price anyway. I remember reading there TOTW at 75k? Maybe that was what it was meant to be?

    Wait for the uproar when the hero pack comes back untradeable at 75k!

    Look at the top right of the pack in the picture you just posed ;)

    It looks like whatever was actually meant to be in the pack was meant to be untradeable but the description in the store didn’t mention it, however the picture shows the untradeable icon.

    Wow! Never noticed that TINY logo before. I had assumed they look like the ones in your pack list with the big red logo.

    2ycomd4tvgea.png

    That's just stupid. Notice how the ones in the pack list don't have the little untradeable logo, but had the massive red one? (snapshot from companion app just now)

    The other image I attached was from an Internet page, but I assume that was what it was. I certainly don't remember it having the big red one when I bought it on Web app.

    EA have been incredibly inconsistent with how they describe packs this year. We are still waiting for compensation from multiple SBC’s because they labeled them as tradeable when they were untradeable.
  • broxigaz
    3102 posts National Call-Up
    Whatever the outcome people should be compensated that opened the pack, I didn't open the pack and didn't profit or lose during the crash, but this may be the final straw with the game they a breaking their own rule of unfair advantage to another player, whether that is the guy who profited from the crash ( gg by the way👍) or people being overly compensated, I just hope it's not an ea worker selling info to a third party same as the icon scandal.
  • Rich
    1073 posts Professional
    They're going to ignore all this aren't they?
Sign In or Register to comment.