FIFA 23 - Death of pro clubs

AmBlFarhan
154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited October 2022
this will be a repost from my fifa 22 forums post and everything still applies:

Starting from fifa 10-14 fifa Pro clubs was the best mode You could play . 11 vs 11 With human players the beauty of getting actual 22 players like the real life sport and a collective effort towards a goal felt unreal . After that the game mechanics changed to run down the wing simulator Where you have 1 short guy (because tall guys can never be fast) and 1 Tall guy and the short guy runs down the wing holding right trigger on your controller and presses the cross button and tall guy heads it in . It became a game that only required you to spam X button on your controller and you’ll spam away until it works and it will work . Now I’ve been fortunate enough to play in custom organized 11 vs 11 leagues since FIFA 11 . Ranked 1 club in the world to leagues like VIFA , VPSA , VPFL , iFVPAA international, VFL , IVL , WPSA , ELITE FC , FIFA K1NGZ , l Ambitious l these are clubs in XBOX and custom leagues 11 v 11 all organized by third parties with large number of players because FIFA doesn’t want it to get a competitive platform going for clubs . There was a time where people were genuinely interested in investing their time off their real life with no pay but for the passion of the specific pro clubs where the wins were satisfying and losses felt emotional . FIFA pro clubs had and still has such a potential . I’ve posted a thread in this forum 11 years ago about clubs where I proposed ideas such as :
1) ADD A SUBSTITUTION OPTION ( where if your friends join late they can be be subbed in instead of a bot if you are playing regular division club matches it’s bots and only 2 members )
2) ADD A SPECTATOR MODE ( where if a player wishes they can sit in the bench and watch a live game as it’s being played I know someone can stream but watching a game from in game is better since if you play competitive leagues you may have more than 11 players on at the same time and based on your competitive matches you can spectate and make decisions into next game subbing people on and off while they literally watch the game from the bench making it actually realistic .
3) ADD PAID DLC so EA actually gives a s*** . It’s very clear EA does not make money off pro clubs and ultimate team is the money maker mode with all the micro transactions and that’s why they stopped caring about pro clubs mode . Now this Idea allows them to atleast make some sort of money and get more support for clubs and get some sort of motivation to help improve hardcore pro clubs players .

4)BRING BACK lobbies and 11 v 11 modes and drop ins . Yes I know it was chaotic and people fighting for same spots but atleast you didn’t constantly just play 1 v 1 in empty lobbies . The point of this mode is multiplayer and the chaos it brings but it’s beautiful when everyone works together and you are rewarded . There’s also a mode once upon a time where you could play 11 v 11 with irl players in lobbies that’s also been taken away from us .. for no reason

Here I am at my mid - late 20s just reminiscing and reminding myself that I made this exact post 11 years ago posting 3 constructive feedback as a customer who cares about the game mode and willing to pay a little bit more to see a little bit more . But I know posting a constructive comment or feedback will get me permanently banned on this forums again . It’s the end of this mode it’s unfortunate the population of the pro clubs dropped 196% past 10 years gradually .. it’s 2022 moving into 2023 you can’t tell me adding 2 things that’s really hard for them ? Just 1 or 2 actual features ?? Instead of just renaming “traits” into “archetypes “ or changing specialties into “perks” these are not improving the game it’s showing veterans that you don’t care anymore about the game anymore because money runs the world . I have no words but to just say this I had to let it out and I know my ideas are not perfect but atleast I tried . I’m from Vancouver British Columbia Canada 🇨🇦 where the FIFA franchise has been made . I’m out thanks for the read if EA doesn’t permanently ban me and censor me I’m sure you’ll be able to read this .

FIFA 23 is the Last ever FIFA since EA lost licensing and it has been an era of huge disappointment and they let all of down with no effort. They don't care as long as the money comes in.

It is The end of what was to be best of our times . They had multiple chances to resolve multiple years to add and improve.... but now its gone. Forever a memory that cannot be re-lived again.

Comments

• Pro Clubs this year is probably the best since FIFA 17. stop crying and go play something else then if you're bad at the game or can't find friends to play with.
  • AmBlFarhan
    Killlshotz wrote: »
    Pro Clubs this year is probably the best since FIFA 17. stop crying and go play something else then if you're bad at the game or can't find friends to play with.

Guranteed lying or new to the game if you think pro clubs is the "best" this year. Play fifa 11-13 pro clubs with full lobbies and youll find out what that was
  • AmBlFarhan
  • AmBlFarhan
  • AmBlFarhan
  • Felt.
  • AmBlFarhan
  • Does somebody know when will be updated this site: https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/pro-clubs

Could it be contain the Friendly match statistics?
  • Is it still broken like 22 . I mean can you just drop in and get a game . Or do you just get 1v1 unless you can invite friends . I'm not good so it was the only mode I played with a few beers on the od evening.
  • Korthan
    2574 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2022
    I enjoyed my first few games of Pro Clubs 23. No super defenders (good but not suffocatingly OP), missed an easy chance but that ok I just needed more skill points. The game felt more open and less stifling than last year. Good start. It felt like FIFA most years before the updates many complain about.

After about 6 matches something changed - the OP super defenders were back. Super interceptions, tackles (from behind too because apparently LT does nothing), super speed, super blocking of runs, winning headers at every single cross.

Not just that but passes that were working initially started going wayward. Opposition bot AI playing like prime Spain but your team/AI can't string two passes together. Also, being too scared to even try anything because nothing works - but even playing safe gets you tackled and pushed off the ball or passes being intercepted. You often get tackled before you even receive the ball and input a command. Watching team mates try things but always get blocked or tackled or pass intercepted or pushed off the ball.

Along with them super midfielders who tackle and press and intercept everything like OP super defenders. At first I thought I was getting no supply up front because of greedy/inept team mates. Then I realised they were struggling as much as I was to execute anything against the Legendary level AI.

"BUT BUT YOU NEED THE SKILL POINTS!"

So I have to spend 3 months grinding a boring game in my spare time with little or no room for expression and very limited ways of scoring just to get the required amount of points to OCCASIONALLY be able to beat the OP defenders and packed defences with super speed and reaction times? Great.

Why do the defenders have to be so perfect? Why can they catch you up and block your runs as they "stick" to your body and track you all the time? Why do they win every header from every cross from a wide area? Why do they intercept 99% of LB&Y and the one they miss they catch up and block easily anyway? I remember previous years Pro Clubs when you didn't need muh skill points if the cross was accurate and you timed your jump even if your player wasn't a giant.

I once got tackled FROM BEHIND with my body in front of the ball and I intended to press A Pass Button to pass it first time but I was tackled before the game read my press of the button!

Today I actually body-rolled a defender but the game made the ball roll slowly diagonally away from me and as I ran to get it on the outside of the penalty box the AI winger on my team ran in from the side as the fast defender caught up so I had to stop my run to let him get the ball and the defender ended up getting it!

The moral of that story being that the ONE TIME I outsmarted a defender in this game and should have been clean through on goal meant nothing because the game made sure that didn't happen. It's not the first time I have seen a sneaky little sabotage from the game when you finally break the OP defence.

And now it's started having any kind of midfield build up destroyed by constant interceptions and pressing too. Crosses, LB&Y, Y, manual headers all useless.

Pro Clubs 22 is back. A shame because I enjoyed creating my Pro and the first 5 matches. I have more skill points than at the start but as the night has progressed the game has become worse - more limited and stifling.

Post edited by Korthan on
  • Korthan
    edited October 2022
    Dilemma: you need to grind in matches for hours to get XP for skill points but in those matches it's impossible to do almost anything meaningful to get high match ratings/XP for skill points? Miniscule progress for very little reward.

And why do you get a run of successive matches following this exact pattern - opposition scores early goal from first attack (just quit 3 matches in a row now because of this) then you spend the entire match grinding and failing to score an equalising goal against a packed defence but when they attack they get more room and freedom than your team does.

AI bot team bias? I recall this happening last year too. One defence is much tougher than the other.

Edit: 4 matches in a row.
  • SeeYouCheeky
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pro clubs was the great on release but since they done an update it’s ruined the whole game
  • Endlesswar1985
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dont think its the update but its the booster 92rated pros
  • AmBlFarhan
    The game is literally 90% carbon copy with slight tweaks but whats the point of "slight improvement" when the mode has 0 Actual new features? how about letting humans be subbed in for bots like the actual sport? or what about 11 v `11 modes ? why not give us options to chose between 5v5 and 11 v 11 ?
  • The Drop-in system is horrible. 2 v 4 , 1 v 3 etc why tho?
    And the AI wins every header, it’s super difficult to get a through ball pass the CB’S. And the AI defense is OP. 22-23 really pisses me off.
  • I feel frustrated playing drop ins. It’s not rewarding to score and it’s easy to forget. I just feel like the AI is bullying me and my mates. After playing pro clubs, I meditate and breath because it’s really gets to me that this game is brutal and bad
  • AmBlFarhan
    same game no changes
  • AmBlFarhan
  • Korthan
    edited October 2022
    Post edited by Korthan on
  • Korthan
    edited October 2022
    Apparently professional footballers cannot shoot or pass or control the ball while running and they must always be not running and facing the exact way they intend to move the ball at all times.

Correction - I was standing still with a defender not far behind me (this was in my own half btw), pressed A ground pass before I received the ball to do a first time pass to one of two of my free team mates in midfield... the ball went to an opposition midfielder after my player did NOT hit the ball first time and took almost half a second delay to release the ball so the marking defender was on top of me.

What is the point of the first time pass skill drills then?

This is something I have noticed when attacking - your player will take an inexplicable extra half second of some minor animation before doing something "first time" (usually shooting) but the OP defenders have lighting fast reflexes and can do anything first time.
  • This is the first FIFA I've not bought. I've had them all since Pro Clubs was introduced back in 2008. I played the beta and it just didn't feel like anything was improved or changed enough for me to want to spend my money on it. The fact that drop in was still matching me up by myself against 1 other guy was a joke.
  • Korthan
    edited October 2022
    I'm old enough to remember the days of 11 v 11 on Pro Clubs. Unfortunately, I barely played back then because I was too obsessed with Ultimate Team, after that I played Seasons (but not nearly as much as FUT).

The matches were gradually reduced to 5 v 5 but when you play matches you rarely get 5 v 5 . It's usually 2-4 on each team at best or even 1 v 3.

Were the team numbers reduced because of falling popularity or did the changes create falling popularity? I notice the FIFA forum is far less busy than it used to be for all game modes.

It occurred to me while I was playing tonight than I am mostly playing against the CPU rather than human opponents to the point that I may as well be playing offline. I keep waiting for 5 v 5 at least but it rarely happens. What a shame.
  • Korthan
    I really didn't want to have another moan but today the AI OP defenders are even more OP than usual. You can't even make or receive a simple ground pass without the OP defender/midfielder zooming in front of you from behind and taking the ball. The game became literally unplayable I had to give up and switch off the game.

There was a post on last year's Pro Clubs forum about the time of day that you play and how bad EA servers are (always) at certain times of day. I begin to wonder if this is a big part of the problem - horrendous lag and input delay.
  • xCDHx
    1562 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2022
    The defaults on my team when I last played were awful. 1 pass and they are through on goal.

Of course the defaults on the other team can easily outrun my 97 pace player…
  • Matchmaking seems really broken this year. Constantly matching teams NOT in our region or and as a result we're playing in games with over 100ms ping which just ruins all motivation to want to play on.

There needs to be an option in the matchmaking settings to ONLY find games in your region. I don't mind waiting an extra 5 minutes to find a game if it means enjoyable gameplay.
  • > @xCDHx said:
    > The defaults on my team when I last played were awful. 1 pass and they are through on goal.
    >
    > Of course the defaults on the other team can easily outrun my 97 pace player…

Yes the defaults have blinding pace, it”s very frustrating and I am 90+ pace also.
  • AmBlFarhan
  • Korthan
    I was right about the lag, my players felt like he had sandbags around his ankles today, I was still fast but felt weighed down and response times/turning too slow.

Also, my one v one shot was easily saved (finesse doesn't work in the box but I had to use it because keepers have been saving my direct shots 1v1 recently) and the OP defenders, especially the full backs were something else.

I received the ball out wide and turned AWAY from the FB (up on the screen ) and he STILL zoomed around my body and took the ball with ease. This is physically impossible.

Same again on the other side of the pitch in the second half, this time I turned backwards and as usual was dispossessed by the FB who in this game is more like a giant, all-powerful CB but with the speed of Mbappe.

Then later I chased the FB down as he had the ball and he turned me inside out then released the ball to midfield with ease to make me look even more stupid. So we have super-level AI defenders who are quicker and more skilled at turning a player with the ball than a pacey attacking player with many skill points. Ok EA. Ok.
  • Korthan
    Has anyone else noticed that basic ground passes often don't go where you aim them? Especially when it's between two opponent players (because there are usually 2-3 opponent players on top of you as soon as you get the ball in this game).

This is frustrating given how many of these passes are intercepted by the super defenders/midfielders, when it happens it make you look like a bad player.
  • Korthan
    edited October 2022
    Almost every drop-in match today:

- Opposition scores early or first
    - Opposition wins (even if we score which is rare)
    - Opposition attack gets more freedom, can turn and shoot in the box, scores more long range shots, our defenders are weaker
    - We get no freedom and are up against a wall of bot defenders, most of what we do is blocked, intercepted, AI fast strong bully defender(s) matching all runs and hovering close to your body everywhere
    - We attack and we have two very isolated player up front with no support, opposition has 4-5 in attack

In the match I just quit (due to the above reasons I have quit majority of matches I have attempted today) we crossed the ball into the box and the header hit the post and rolled across the line. The opposition did the same thing and the ball went in.

Why is the AI/servers so biased towards one side in almost every match I play in? Why?