RETURN OF THE DINOSAUR | Spring 2029

Comments

• Steffolovitch
    2339 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cobblers wrote: »
    I remember reading about the quote, which Matt made before I was born, about the Babes...

Before all of us were born, I reckon :wink:
  • Danimal5981
    3412 posts National Call-Up
    I have the distinct impression, you're struggling to get into a certain flow this season. What's the issue?
  • Ashy
    24456 posts Club Captain
    It must be to do with Europe competition, Hamburger are used to have minimum fixtures and it's adding too much to their schedule, over time it's easier to handle once you are used to it.

Many mixed results which will result in a mid table finish but that is still good for the club but not progressing like we thought.

Villarreal is a tough test and it's all to play for
  • Steffolovitch
    I have the distinct impression, you're struggling to get into a certain flow this season. What's the issue?

It's true. Could be one of several things;

1. Stamina is actually affected this season, may be due to midweek games or perhaps the recent title update. Or both.

2. I'm more inclined to rotate players with the dynamic potential now working again. I don't really like my best players to grow too rapidly, and my flow and results could be harmed by this rotation policy.

3. I've had a hard time finding the right solutions up front. Wolf and Demirovic had a good few weeks, but haven't been the same for the rest of the season. The same with Moukoko being great these last months, but highly ineffective before that. My keeper tops the CS-table, so the main issue is in the other end, I suppose.
  • Steffolovitch
    Ashy wrote: »
    It must be to do with Europe competition, Hamburger are used to have minimum fixtures and it's adding too much to their schedule, over time it's easier to handle once you are used to it.

Many mixed results which will result in a mid table finish but that is still good for the club but not progressing like we thought.

Villarreal is a tough test and it's all to play for

I agree that the progress isn't as steep as I had perhaps anticipated, and perhaps you had as well. But despite the mixed results I'm still in 6th place, with 5, 6 and 7 points down to the next. I do believe it's abit harsh to call that a mid table finish.
  • Steffolovitch
    edited November 2022
    pbs9j4vivakw.png

smrvjfg3f4yx.png

FiRWHYVXEAMhvL4?format=jpg&name=small

3o2xbfdz7prt.png
    Post edited by Steffolovitch on
  • Danimal5981
    Lech Poznan in a European quarter final... Poland is not yet lost (Opening line to our national anthem)
  • Steffolovitch
    Lech Poznan in a European quarter final... Poland is not yet lost (Opening line to our national anthem)

Seems this would be the end of the line for them though... But if you appreciate Polish clubs doing well in Europe, then - spoiler alert - just wait for the upcoming semi final revelation :wink:
  • Ashy
    24456 posts Club Captain
    Nice little point gap keeping you in the top 6 for now, but it's going to be a struggle to finish higher. 7 games left though so lots to play for.

Europa last 8 is interesting, nice to see Palace get this far, great to see a Polish club go deep in the competition too. Inter probably one of the hardest ties you could have got

Just noticed Martinelli is at Dortmund too :D
  • Cobblers
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Inter in the Q-F. That's a tough one.

In your career save, is Martinez still there? What about Lukaku?
  • Steffolovitch
    Inter in the Q-F. That's a tough one.

In your career save, is Martinez still there? What about Lukaku?

Lautaro Martinez is. Lukaku isn't. I'm afraid he's back at Old Trafford in this save. Yikes, one of those transfers I would have liked to be able to veto :neutral::lol:
  • Steffolovitch
    Ashy wrote: »
    Nice little point gap keeping you in the top 6 for now, but it's going to be a struggle to finish higher. 7 games left though so lots to play for.

Europa last 8 is interesting, nice to see Palace get this far, great to see a Polish club go deep in the competition too. Inter probably one of the hardest ties you could have got

Just noticed Martinelli is at Dortmund too :D

Yes, doing the reverse Aubameyang/Mkhitaryan, playing at Arsenal first, Dortmund later. And with great success, it seems. I would be very surprised, if my final Team of the Season will not include him, Guedes from Leipzig and the Leverkusen duo of Wirtz and Richarlison as the front four...
  • Steffolovitch
    FiRWiU1WIAMtIwy?format=jpg&name=small

cemi094dq0jf.png

aglhbkh1pt32.png

y3j4odxwi7jt.png
  • Danimal5981
    A bit in no man's land. Too small for the big folks, yet too big for the smaller people.
  • Steffolovitch
    A bit in no man's land. Too small for the big folks, yet too big for the smaller people.

True.
  • Cobblers
    Do you think this is as far as Hamburg get, or do you hope to push them further up the table/to a European trophy?
  • Steffolovitch
    Do you think this is as far as Hamburg get, or do you hope to push them further up the table/to a European trophy?

It might be as far as it goes for this season, but with room for improvement, I do expect to take them a bit further in the season(s) to come.
  • Steffolovitch
    edited November 2022
    fcxiebyzzv2p.png

nncy3p9jvhis.png

2uue2zljl59g.png

h6zzpoa84b3t.png

FiUOuQmWQAA9e3_?format=jpg&name=small
    Post edited by Steffolovitch on
  • Danimal5981
    If Raków gets that far, there is divine intervention.
    Częstochowa is known for so-called miracle involving the Black Madonna, if you believe such things :lol:
  • Cobblers
    Your summary mentions a semi between Inter and Hamburg, but wasn't it a quarter final?

Exciting that you've made it to the final of the DFB-Pokal. Another great performance from Moukoko.
  • Steffolovitch
    If Raków gets that far, there is divine intervention.
    Częstochowa is known for so-called miracle involving the Black Madonna, if you believe such things :lol:

Haha, I'm not familiar... Yeah that's quite the European season for the Polish sides, one in the Europa League Quarter Final and one in the Conference League Semi Final. Impressive stuff. I think I'll try to figure out if this has had a great impact on UEFA's nation coefficient points of Poland, once the season is over.
  • Steffolovitch
    edited November 2022
    Your summary mentions a semi between Inter and Hamburg, but wasn't it a quarter final?

Exciting that you've made it to the final of the DFB-Pokal. Another great performance from Moukoko.

Yes, it was a quarter final, my mistake. Europa League Quarter Final, DfB-Pokal Semi Final. Might have got a bit confused there...

Thanks for noticing...
  • Steffolovitch
    je2oi8o99czv.png

tz1azwcda081.png

rymt5gysf9f2.png

c2mlcrja7bsd.png

uok7yi1sh2pk.png
    7l7y31613xi5.png
  • Cobblers
    The top 3 really are the top 3.
  • Steffolovitch
    The top 3 really are the top 3.

Yes indeed. Top 3 pretty close, next 3 pretty close, and then a huge gap to the rest... So at least we're in the BIG SIX, if that's a term we can start to use in the Bundesliga.
  • Steffolovitch
    Fika_yKXEAAhLrh?format=jpg&name=small
    FikbWJ9XoAI5Q5a?format=jpg&name=small

tzgwb2akapq3.png

FikebuMXwAAgS0f?format=jpg&name=small

e4vz0eoyslog.png

• Nion
    174 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Congratulations on the trophy!

You had a great season! Back to back Top 6 positions is a great achievement! Still needs something more to challenge the TOP3.
  • Steffolovitch
    Nion wrote: »
    Congratulations on the trophy!

You had a great season! Back to back Top 6 positions is a great achievement! Still needs something more to challenge the TOP3.

Thanks mate! Yes, it seems that it will only take a little improvement to get ahead of Frankfurt and Leipzig, but there's quite a gap up to the big 3... But could I get that top 4 position and a place in the Champions League, that would also be something to aim for...

I only conceded 30 goals this season, ending with the best defence in the league. So I suppose the "problem" lies in the other end of the pitch. And with Kittel retiring and Glatzel leaving on a free transfer, I suppose there's room in the squad for a forward-minded new signing, even though Faghir also joined only six months ago.
  • Steffolovitch
    li6gt4eh2dpz.png

24ig8rtkk2wg.png

UEFA CLUB COEFFICIENTS TOP 15:

1ne6jjketn7c.png

UEFA CLUB COEFFICIENTS, HSV's POSITION:

el56j69b1ztr.png

• Cobblers
    So, five cups in their history, now. That's not too shabby.

It's quite interesting, seeing how many German teams actually win this trophy back-to-back. Hamburg have just continued what seems to be quite the tradition.