80 posts Park Captain
    2/3
  • StevieCoys
    80 posts Park Captain
    3/3
  • StevieCoys
    80 posts Park Captain
    bqv29inl3fnh.gif

Mauricio Pochettino is rumored to be meeting with multiple clubs in the coming weeks with OGC Nice in France and RB Leipzig in Germany the two main interests. The 50 year old has not been out of management long following his sacking from PSG and is said to be eager to take on a new project with "long term potential" and a "like-minded chairman." Sources close to "Poch" refer to his time at PSG as a "nightmare" with one source saying "it was eye opening for all involved."

Nice would be an interesting move with Pochettino going against his old side, PSG, so soon and replacing the manager who took over at the French giants. The squad at Nice is not built for the style Pochettino prefers and would require instant changes to compete.

RB Leipzig recently brought back Timo Werner who is looking to revive his own career. A Champions League caliber club with high ambitions, deep resources and a wealth of talent will certainly peak Pochettino's interest. Germany would be a new challenge for the Argentine who has previously managed in Spain, England and France.

Wherever Pochettino ends up, Jesus Perez will follow. The long-time assistant has already committed to the next project and is working on scouting for the upcoming windows.

Besides the two rumored clubs, a mystery club in Spain is said to have reached out and a return to the Premier League is never out of the question.
  • Chris
    5714 posts Big Money Move
    Interested for this, always liked Poch, but PSG was always a cursed a job
  • StevieCoys
    80 posts Park Captain
    Chris wrote: »

I agree, Poch to PSG never looked like it would work. Poch would work best at a club without the huge egos and expectations. A club the level of Spurs would be ideal for him.
  • Chris
    StevieCoys wrote: »

I agree, Poch to PSG never looked like it would work. Poch would work best at a club without the huge egos and expectations. A club the level of Spurs would be ideal for him.

Yeah for sure, a team like Leverkusen could be good, teams that haven't won much historically and have a young (ish) squad
  • Wyojasond
    18645 posts World Class
    Good luck with this man. Will be interesting to see if Poch carries any issues from his time at PSG
  • Ashy
    22040 posts Club Captain
    Right so no PL club, I like Nice choice, Leipzig would be a realistic and good project for him I think. I wonder if the Spanish club is someone like Betis or something. Can't wait to see the Poch redemption arc
  • StevieCoys
    80 posts Park Captain
    Ashy wrote: »
    Right so no PL club, I like Nice choice, Leipzig would be a realistic and good project for him I think. I wonder if the Spanish club is someone like Betis or something. Can't wait to see the Poch redemption arc

Can never rule out Leicester. Betis, Sevilla, Valencia, Nice, Lyon, Leicester, Juventus are all options I think.
  • StevieCoys
    80 posts Park Captain
    kzz0cmdatqtf.gif

After rumors of Nice meeting with Pochettino, sources say the Argentine has said no to the French side. Concerns over the squad structure, finances going forward and the philosophy of the club and the manager being too different to work. Pochettino would prefer to leave France sooner rather than later and put the PSG issues behind him.

A new team from Spain is reportedly, Valencia. A talented side with hopes of getting into Europe would welcome Pochettino back to Spain to compete against the Spanish giants with limited resources. Much like Poch was used to earlier in his career.

A big club in turmoil could also be an option. Juventus, a club close to the Pochettino family who is originally from the area in Italy could be an interesting choice.

The last option to recently pop up is Leicester City. The Foxes are not confident in Brendan Rodgers going forward and would make a good fit for Poch to come back to England if he wishes.
  • Wyojasond
    18645 posts World Class
    How are you getting that graphic to move on the breaking news 😎

Eager to see where Poch does go. All have some very interesting options going forward.
  • StevieCoys
    80 posts Park Captain
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    How are you getting that graphic to move on the breaking news 😎

Eager to see where Poch does go. All have some very interesting options going forward.

The moving graphics are just logos you can add and save it as a gif. I do not have to do anything special which is nice. I use Canva, gimp and PS. The moving icons are on Canva I believe.
  • Chris
    Makes sense about Nice, they're an exciting project but odd to sidestep in the league he's just came from
  • StevieCoys
    80 posts Park Captain
    Makes sense about Nice, they're an exciting project but odd to sidestep in the league he's just came from

Yea, I did not think he would return to France so soon. Sounds like Poch is not convinced on Germany either and with the limited Italian license, I think I have my team now.
  • Royals222
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Pochettino appears to be in need of a fresh start following his disastrous tenure at Paris Saint-Germain, and it's possible that he should spend some time in another country. An obstacle to overcome in Germany will be interesting, and I'm confident that he will have the opportunity to make history and prove his worth.
  • StevieCoys
    80 posts Park Captain
    ebdam3mj2kmq.png

Mauricio Pochettino has officially been announced as the next manager at Sevilla FC following the sudden departure of Julen Lopetegui to German side RB Leipzig.

Pochettino, 50, last managed in La Liga in 2012 before departing to Southampton in England. As a former player Pochettino enjoyed 275 appearances for Espanyol as a hard headed defender in Spain before going to PSG and returning to La Liga.

His managing career has taken a similar path going from Spain to England then France and now back to Spain.

“I am very happy to be back in Spain where everything started for me. This is a very big club, a club with much ambition and hunger to move to the top. We are eager to start preseason and move this club forward.”
  • Chris
    Good choice man, I just had a look at their squad and its hugeeeeeee, Poch will do well to keep it all together
  • Ashy
    22040 posts Club Captain
    Yeah I really like this choice, Sevilla are a well run Spanish club and Poch returning to Spain does make sense and Sevilla without a doubt is a good match. Top 4 I expect will be the aim
  • StevieCoys
    80 posts Park Captain
    Good choice man, I just had a look at their squad and its hugeeeeeee, Poch will do well to keep it all together

Thanks. I agree, the squad has a handful of players I will want to move on. Good depth in some positions and aging players in others so definitely room to improve.

I prefer the 4-2-3-1 that Poch used at Spurs so I have been thinking of the idea of using Lamela in the 10 position instead of out wide. Something to test in preseason.
  • StevieCoys
    80 posts Park Captain
    Ashy wrote: »
    Yeah I really like this choice, Sevilla are a well run Spanish club and Poch returning to Spain does make sense and Sevilla without a doubt is a good match. Top 4 I expect will be the aim

That is what I was thinking too. Top 4 has to be the goal right away. CL depending on the group (I’m going to do random groups instead of real life ones) I am not sure if Sevilla would be expected to advance or not.
  • Steffolovitch
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    A return to Spanish football makes perfect sense. Sort of like Unai Emery, who failed at PSG and Arsenal, and then returned to Spain and has performed brilliantly with Villarreal. Good luck.

I'm quite intrigued by their squad actually. As a Dane I hope for successful spells for Dolberg and Delaney, obviously, but I also have a soft spot for Isco. I've always rated him and think it's a bit sad that he's only had a minor role in the Real Madrid successes during the last decade or so. He could have been a star player almost anywhere else... Hopefully he'll thrive under Pochettino's management. Youssef En-Nesyri is a name I recognize from FIFA22. There he seemed to tour various Premier League clubs during my Man United save, at least I remember him playing in both Arsenal and Aston Villa. And he always found a way to score against me. So that is hopefully an omen for him to be a great player for you as well. Though not at the expense of Dolberg ;)
  • StevieCoys
    80 posts Park Captain
    A return to Spanish football makes perfect sense. Sort of like Unai Emery, who failed at PSG and Arsenal, and then returned to Spain and has performed brilliantly with Villarreal. Good luck.

I'm quite intrigued by their squad actually. As a Dane I hope for successful spells for Dolberg and Delaney, obviously, but I also have a soft spot for Isco. I've always rated him and think it's a bit sad that he's only had a minor role in the Real Madrid successes during the last decade or so. He could have been a star player almost anywhere else... Hopefully he'll thrive under Pochettino's management. Youssef En-Nesyri is a name I recognize from FIFA22. There he seemed to tour various Premier League clubs during my Man United save, at least I remember him playing in both Arsenal and Aston Villa. And he always found a way to score against me. So that is hopefully an omen for him to be a great player for you as well. Though not at the expense of Dolberg ;)

If you’re a fan of Danes, you’re in luck. I am a big fan of Dolberg from his Ajax days and remember buying Delaney from Dortmund a few years ago to pair with Eriksen in midfield and it worked great. Both are big parts of the plan.

En-Nesyri I know nothing about so we will see how he performs in preseason!
  • Royals222
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    It was a wise decision, and returning to Spain made perfect sense. Given Seville's large and talented roster, I believe finishing in the top four should be their primary goal.
  • Steffolovitch
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you’re a fan of Danes, you’re in luck. I am a big fan of Dolberg from his Ajax days and remember buying Delaney from Dortmund a few years ago to pair with Eriksen in midfield and it worked great. Both are big parts of the plan.

Not only a fan of Danes. I AM a Dane ;)

So this thread already looks like one I'll enjoy reading... I have one small request or proposal though; Have you considered a new squad number for Dolberg? I know it was the only one available from 1-25 (Spanish rules), but it hurts my old eyes to see a striker with number 5... :neutral:
  • StevieCoys
    80 posts Park Captain
    Royals222 wrote: »
    It was a wise decision, and returning to Spain made perfect sense. Given Seville's large and talented roster, I believe finishing in the top four should be their primary goal.

I agree, top 4 is the main goal for sure this year.
  • StevieCoys
    80 posts Park Captain

Not only a fan of Danes. I AM a Dane ;)

So this thread already looks like one I'll enjoy reading... I have one small request or proposal though; Have you considered a new squad number for Dolberg? I know it was the only one available from 1-25 (Spanish rules), but it hurts my old eyes to see a striker with number 5... :neutral:

I do not have the game yet (it should download tomorrow) so I have not looked at numbers but no way I’m having a striker as number 5. I’m with you, that seems awful.

I like 1-5 as GK and defenders. Once I have the game, I will be posting about the squad, number changes, position changes and who might be on the outs come January.
  • Steffolovitch
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero

I do not have the game yet (it should download tomorrow) so I have not looked at numbers but no way I’m having a striker as number 5. I’m with you, that seems awful.

I like 1-5 as GK and defenders. Once I have the game, I will be posting about the squad, number changes, position changes and who might be on the outs come January.

Glad I'm not the only one being oldfashioned :lol:

I do like the Spanish rule of having all senior players wear the numbers 1-25, with 1, 13 and 25 being the goalkeepers. Then you avoid some star player wearing the number 66 (Trent) or 47 (Foden), for instance. I know they've just kept their youth numbers, but still, they've been in the game long enough to wear a more proper shirt number, equivalent of their importance for their respective sides.

The downside of the Spanish model is however, that when Dolberg arrived so late in the window, he actually only had the number 5 to choose from. I believe the same was the case for Zidane back in the day, hence the weird squad number for him as well. But hey, thank god you can change it in FIFA, right? :wink: