Playing with a full icon team

Europa3114
617 posts An Exciting Prospect
It's safe to say a full moments team simply cannot compete with the high rated cards.

For me the only way to use them is to completely change your play style... You cannot press for a start, the lack of aggression just leaves you open.. drop back tactic works best

In attack a possession based tactic, slow and technical... Trying to run in behind usually results in being eaten alive by 99/98 rated CBs.

Is anyone else changing their play style to suit a full icon team?

Comments

• McFandan
    2252 posts Fans' Favourite
    I used a full icon team for the last WL and finished my usual 11-4.

I scored way more goals this week than I usually do as players like Ronaldo and Cruyff seem to get lucky bounces to maintain possession and their shots fly in from everywhere.

Conceded loads more too but that’s probably down to the lack of pace from Puyol/Cannavaro/Koeman.
    Maldini can still hang with Varane, Rudiger and co but that’s about it.

I should also add that Pele was my CM so didn’t exactly set up with defence in mind
  • Europa3114
    McFandan wrote: »
    I used a full icon team for the last WL and finished my usual 11-4.

I scored way more goals this week than I usually do as players like Ronaldo and Cruyff seem to get lucky bounces to maintain possession and their shots fly in from everywhere.

Conceded loads more too but that’s probably down to the lack of pace from Puyol/Cannavaro/Koeman.
    Maldini can still hang with Varane, Rudiger and co but that’s about it.

I should also add that Pele was my CM so didn’t exactly set up with defence in mind

Haha I think Cafu is great, maldini is ok.. Vieira is still the best CDM in the game
  • player
    1207 posts Professional
    The Icon attackers are ok but midfield and defenders are useless.
    Maybe Roberto Carlos but that's it.
    I packed PIM Matthaus, exited, tried him and he's not up for it.
    Sad
  • Europa3114
    edited September 2022
    player wrote: »
    The Icon attackers are ok but midfield and defenders are useless.
    Maybe Roberto Carlos but that's it.
    I packed PIM Matthaus, exited, tried him and he's not up for it.
    Sad

That's part of the challenge, if you play to their strengths they are actually pretty good, gullit and vieria are a pretty good midfield pairing.

I still think vieria is the best out and out CDM in the game, Kante, Sanchez, Mendy are all pretty weak in stature

Agree on the defenders.. you have to be absolutely perfect and play drop back to survive using them
  • leon1309
    4529 posts National Call-Up
    Going for full icon team myself. Vieira or Mattheus? Only got coins for one. Will be paired with Gullit or maybe Pelle...have to try what works best.

Usually play 442.
  • Europa3114
    leon1309 wrote: »
    Going for full icon team myself. Vieira or Mattheus? Only got coins for one. Will be paired with Gullit or maybe Pelle...have to try what works best.

Usually play 442.

100% vieria if you are playing him purely to protect the defence.

You may lose your first few game don't throw in the towel you just need to get out of bad habits of playing with juced up cards
  • leon1309
    4529 posts National Call-Up
    Thanks. Got both in the end...bought Vieira and got Lucky with 93 icon pulls...Matteus was one of them. Now to put old guys to work once gain.
  • EtGarut
    287 posts Sunday League Hero
    By far the most fun I've had in this FIFA is playing with a full icon team, and it hasn't effected how much I win at all. If anything I seem to be doing better.