Career Mode Plans

Thurlow9984
229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited September 20
Anyone have many early plans for CM. RTGS or Journeyman Careers.

My first idea was to do one of my localish sides Swindon Town then had an idea of trying out St Etienne return to Glory considering they're struggles currently, plus I just really wanna get into a CM outside England that isn't just a Journeyman Career.
Post edited by Thurlow9984 on

Comments

• Druski5150
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Going to start manager CM with Dortmund in Bundesliga, then hop over to LaLiga (likely with Athletico Madrid). Once Nottingham Forrest stadium comes through via the update, switch over to EPL to use Manchester United.
  • Cobblers
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'll probably have a go this year, once I get the game, which won't be until towards the end of Oct.
  • Steffolovitch
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    Germany appeals to me at the moment, and HSV is the current favourite for my first Career Mode campaign - and story to go with it. I'll have to start the game and play around a bit, before I decide completely though. I'm also intrigued by both St.Etienne and Bordeaux in France though, both in the second tier as well, but I'm currently most intrigued by HSV and a start in the 2.Bundesliga.
  • Chris
    5714 posts Big Money Move
    Some general ideas
    Sunderland - home city
    Monaco - Could be fun for a financial takeover, realistically any player would move to Monaco
    Union Berlin or Hertha - There's been no great teams from Berlin in Germany
    Bilbao - Basque transfer policy presents good challenges

Then RTG's with some background - not going to do all these, just ideas
    Salford or Wrexham - Obvious
    Paris FC - Overthrow money PSG with mainly homegrown players
    1860 Munchen - Same thing as Paris FC
    Venezia - Lots of international interest, interesting squad, drippy kits
    Ibiza - Party city, can attract a lot of English talent

• Thurlow9984
    Chris wrote: »
    Ibiza - Party city, can attract a lot of English talent

In a few fifas time Grealish would probably be a good realistic signing as he winds down his career but carries on partying in Ibiza 🤣
  • MJD85
    229 posts Sunday League Hero
    Usually AJAX.
    This year probably bring back the glory days Schalke 04
  • Peanut2000
    989 posts Professional
    Villa looks like a good option
  • CeeQue
    15075 posts World Class
    England - Portsmouth
    Spain - Malaga or Levante
    Germany - Nurnberg
    France - Lyon or Nice
    Italy - Palermo or Parma
  • Acidvenus
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I always do an Arsenal save. Then some midtable European team, either europa league or just below (I did vitesse last year).
    Then finally a lower league English club like Bradford.

As a side note to career, does anyone know if training is the same, and do you need to get grade A before getting good sim results.
    That was the only thing stopping me starting a new career, having to do a majority of the training for each save until I was satisfied I'd get more grade A than D.
  • Thurlow9984
    Acidvenus wrote: »
    I always do an Arsenal save. Then some midtable European team, either europa league or just below (I did vitesse last year).
    Then finally a lower league English club like Bradford.

As a side note to career, does anyone know if training is the same, and do you need to get grade A before getting good sim results.
    That was the only thing stopping me starting a new career, having to do a majority of the training for each save until I was satisfied I'd get more grade A than D.

I don't know as haven't seen any one mention yet, but know what you mean. Also puts me off doing Journeyman Careers. Used to love doing them, but thought of having to redo all those training drills after each move is not my idea of fun. But that's me some may like it
  • Royals222
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'll start with Southampton and see how far I could possible take them.
  • I pre-ordered FIFA 23 and started a Career Mode but didn't get the Homegrown Talent perk. Has anyone else got it? How do you get it and when does it arrive? Maybe I have to wait until Sept. 30?
  • Sh4h_-_7
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ive started a whole new aspect by trying marseiile and let me tell you its a strong challenge alright every game is tough defense is weak attack is useless getting battered almost every game so going to try build them up
  • Acidvenus
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Any teams out there that need a rebuild but with a decent player to build around?

Can't remember which Fifa it was, but I did a Lazio save, the team was old but they had Immobile so I at least had a decent striker while I build the team around him with a limited budget and some promising youth players.
  • Chris
    5714 posts Big Money Move
    Acidvenus wrote: »
    Any teams out there that need a rebuild but with a decent player to build around?

Can't remember which Fifa it was, but I did a Lazio save, the team was old but they had Immobile so I at least had a decent striker while I build the team around him with a limited budget and some promising youth players.

Watford, just got relegated, have Sarr who is an incredible talent
  • In all other FIFA’s u have been able to use your pro player in, carrer mode, player carrer and in pro clubs, but now when u finally Can get tattoos on ur pro player u Cant import or use Them in player carrer??? Thats is so stupid.. Why are they always limiting are game..? It sucks.