The Football Thread - City: "Why always me?"

Comments

• AjaxLegends
    7917 posts League Winner
    Chubbs wrote: »
    ...did EA just do something funny?!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUamiLX6gp4

Christ, is the series big in the US?

Yes, won tons of awards and renewed for another season. Tbf, its a solid show.

I love that show. One of these shows that lifts your spirit. But I’m Dutch so I love cheese.

That makes you American. :trollface:

They don’t have real cheese or beer for that matter.
  • Alemas_2012
    26195 posts Player of the Year
    Shshj wrote: »

...oh God.
    Oh God.
    Della Valle is normally reliable for Juve news.
    Still, he might want to return, but it doesn't mean Juve management wants him...
  • Alemas_2012
    Pietu wrote: »

He'll also need actual skill games to improve his passing range, but that's another story. :D
    At least he's trying.
  • Pietu
    13160 posts Has That Special Something

He'll also need actual skill games to improve his passing range, but that's another story. :D
    At least he's trying.

Yeah, love his attitude so far, hopefully he works out for both of us.
  • Tornado31619
    35037 posts World Cup Winner
    I love how everyone is ignoring the point of the report, which is that he wants to leave Spurs 😆
  • Shshj
    15014 posts World Class
    edited September 2022
    It would be a surprise if he left this early into the season for sure. I suppose Juventus is his club though and with all due respect to Spurs’ start, it’s unlikely they’ll be competing for either of the two major honours this season.

Not to mention his contract is up next summer.
  • NornIron
    16089 posts World Class
    What a rugby tackle
  • ccooaattssyy
    20824 posts Club Captain
    Kane to Bayern
    Conte to Juve
    Spurs mudded
  • Alemas_2012
    Morata saying that he could have left Juve in January, but Allegri blocked everything, as he wanted him to play on the left with Vlahovic in the middle.
    It was an effort, according to Morata, but he showed he could do it.
    Another statement from a former Juve player who wasn't exactly enthusiastic about either the tactics or the coach's methods...
    First De Ligt, then Zakaria, now Morata...

• Oh that is just sensational

Imagine if Spurs have Conte and Mourinho and still win nothing @jpsblue 😂😂
  • Recardo
    10417 posts Has That Special Something
    id be surprised if conte went. you only have to watch conte cam to see he looks very happy here.

jumping and hugging players and staff isnt usually the actions of someone who wants out.
  • Mate he walked after winning the scudetto 😂
  • Alemas_2012
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Mate he walked after winning the scudetto 😂

Twice, might I add! :joy:
  • ccooaattssyy
    20824 posts Club Captain
    I liked Allegri but he seems like he’s lost the plot
  • Sercs
    22564 posts Club Captain
    Be a bad summer for spurs if he goes, can’t see them keeping Kane with that kind of news
  • Alemas_2012
    edited September 2022
    I liked Allegri but he seems like he’s lost the plot

And he has no motivation to get it back because of that ridiculous contract he's got.
    He seems to be doing and saying things with an air of untouchability. He can do whatever he wants because he feels he can't be fired.
    Politics are also at play here. If Agnelli fires him, it's an embarrassing admission of failure. Let's not forget he exalted Allegri's infamous "corto muso" philosophy at his presentation.
    People are piling on Allegri to resign, sure, but they are also pleading for Agnelli to finally wake up and start leading the club properly again. He's been a frustratingly quiet and almost disinterested figure since a few years now.
    Basically, Juve's management is also to blame for this mess. You don't start a project with Sarri, abort it, start another one with Pirlo, abort it, and start yet another one with Allegri. It's simply unsustainable and reeks of shortsightedness.
  • Tornado31619
    Perhaps you also shouldn’t be starting projects with Sarri and Pirlo to begin with.
  • Alemas_2012
    edited September 2022
    Perhaps you also shouldn’t be starting projects with Sarri and Pirlo to begin with.

Or you can, but make sure they are fully backed.
    Sarri had Agnelli against him from the start and the dressing room soon after, while Pirlo was simply out of his depth.
    Allegri's had a degree of support the other two didn't enjoy.
  • Ashy
    24706 posts Club Captain
    Sercs wrote: »
    Be a bad summer for spurs if he goes, can’t see them keeping Kane with that kind of news

He's holding off signing a new contract, after the world cup he's got 18 month left I think. Definitely smart to sit tight and see how this season plays out
  • Tornado31619

Sarri had Agnelli against him from the start and the dressing room soon after, while Pirlo was simply out of his depth.

The only reason Pirlo caught a whiff of the job is because the Olemoon hadn’t ended yet. For whatever reason, teams began opening up to hiring ex-players after we went on our monster run at the start of 2019. Funny, you’d think Zidane would have started that trend…

As for Sarri, he doesn’t have the personality to manage a top club, and you can’t blame Chelsea because Mourinho and Conte still had some initial success, in the latter’s case even winning a trophy with his final match at the club.
  • Milanista28
    2338 posts Fans' Favourite
    Man Conte is an unstable ❤️❤️❤️❤️ lol
  • Tornado31619
    This level of scrutiny for Harry Maguire would make you think he was a good player. Sad part is, there is one in there.
  • Pietu
    13160 posts Has That Special Something

The only reason Pirlo caught a whiff of the job is because the Olemoon hadn’t ended yet. For whatever reason, teams began opening up to hiring ex-players after we went on our monster run at the start of 2019. Funny, you’d think Zidane would have started that trend…

As for Sarri, he doesn’t have the personality to manage a top club, and you can’t blame Chelsea because Mourinho and Conte still had some initial success, in the latter’s case even winning a trophy with his final match at the club.

Sarri also won a trophy with Chelsea.
  • Tornado31619

Sarri also won a trophy with Chelsea.

You’re right, he won the Europa League with them, my bad. Still though, turbulent league campaign and of course the Wembley drama. Conte and Mourinho won league titles with Chelsea.
  • Shshj
    15014 posts World Class
    edited September 2022
    Tornado’s right, Sarri’s main issue here was his lack of personality. Our best managers have always fostered a good connection with the fans quickly, he struggled with that which led to a lot of people digging him and his tactics out.

I still think some people are too harsh on him though. That was a good year in the end and he was unlucky that the transfer ban required a different approach.
  • Alemas_2012
    edited September 2022
    Shshj wrote: »
    Tornado’s right, Sarri’s main issue here was his lack of personality. Our best managers have always fostered a good connection with the fans quickly, he struggled with that which led to a lot of people digging him and his tactics out.

I still think some people are too harsh on him though. That was a good year in the end and he was unlucky that the transfer ban required a different approach.

At Juve, he had the same problem, but for different reasons.
    Juve managers are required to have a certain style, i.e. be good-mannered, always wear a suit and tie, have a certain measure of class, etc.
    Sarri had none of that.
    You can't imagine how many people took issue with him picking his nose at press conferences, his sweat patches, his constant wearing of a simple shirt on the bench...
    Not to mention his strong links to Napoli and a middle finger he waved at Juve fans when he was the Napoli coach.
    He was the complete opposite to a typical Juve coach, style-wise.
    I also think people have been far too harsh on him. Despite the whole club being against him, he's still our last scudetto-winning coach...
  • Sercs
    22564 posts Club Captain
    This level of scrutiny for Harry Maguire would make you think he was a good player. Sad part is, there is one in there.

Definitely one in there, I think he is better in a 3. At least with Southgate be plenty of protection with our defender first approach 😂