FIFA 23 Gameplay Discussion Thread

TeamExtreme17
5533 posts Big Money Move
edited August 2022
Adding thousands of new animations via HyperMotion 2 is no good if you don't fix fundamentals & logic? New animations for **** Gks? What's the point? What have you actually addressed gameplay wise???

What issues do you guys have with Gameplay that you would like to see addressed?

Comments

• Bloof
    1 posts Ball Boy
    They should update handball foul
  • TeamExtreme17
    Bloof wrote: »

Yeah i agree, it shouldn't be given if the player is less than 5 yards away IMO..
  • StevieCoys
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bloof wrote: »

Yeah i agree, it shouldn't be given if the player is less than 5 yards away IMO..

Agree. I used to play with handballs on so penalties would happen but I lost too many games with a handball called when players are practically touching each other.
  • ICUP
    7643 posts League Winner
    I want them to bring back Fifa 22 game release GK’s

Fix the GK’s when it comes to handballs, some instances where keepers are out the box saving the shots with their hands but because handballs are off nothing is given

• Brydobhoy88
    424 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2022
    Adding thousands of new animations via HyperMotion 2 is no good if you don't fix fundamentals & logic? New animations for **** Gks? What's the point? What have you actually addressed gameplay wise???

What issues do you guys have with Gameplay that you would like to see addressed?

Surely youve realised ?
    They don't want to fix the fundamentals.
    EA said after fifa 17 the game was too difficult for new players. What have we seen since then ?

Tackles broken with bounce backs
    Interceptions broken
    45th min goals
    90th min goals
    Kick off goals
    Skill spamming
    Lobbed pass spamming
    Keepers causing goals
    2nd man press broken
    Player switching broken

Mate they want the game broken so everyone keeps playing.
  • StevieCoys
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Surely youve realised ?
    They don't want to fix the fundamentals.
    EA said after fifa 17 the game was too difficult for new players. What have we seen since then ?

Tackles broken with bounce backs
    Interceptions broken
    45th min goals
    90th min goals
    Kick off goals
    Skill spamming
    Lobbed pass spamming
    Keepers causing goals
    2nd man press broken
    Player switching broken

Mate they want the game broken so everyone keeps playing.

I wouldn’t call it broken but they want it simplified for sure. PES was too hard for new players so they went to FIFA and FIFA tried to cater to casual players so they make the game arcade like.
  • BakerStreet
    65 posts Park Captain
    Tackles seem a little "better" than last year. The animation anyway.
  • As far as my carreer mode experience is concerned...

I like the dibbling and shooting this year. It feels a bit slower but it enables the passing game more which I love, rather than just playing long balls all the time.

Now the defending feels like you're more in control, unlike last year. But they just mess that big enhancement up by making the AI insane on touchline crosses and through balls. If they throw a ball behind your defence and you even have to so much as switch player, you're not gonna catch up.

My GK's are absolutely useless, I'd rather play 11 outfield players at this stage. The AI's goal/shot ratio is unrealistically better than the players.

I've done 2 career mode starts. One with Andorra: 7 games, 18 scored, 25 conceded. And one with Ajax: 5 games, 23 scored, 22 conceded. This averages an insane 7.3 goals per game. Like, what's the point... Now I don't want - if I recall correctly - FIFA 16 antics with only 1-0 score lines. But both scoring and conceding are waaay too easy right now. It needs to be toned down to make it playable.
  • Would it have been too much trouble to put in the real fixture lists?
  • TeamExtreme17
    DaToon wrote: »
    Would it have been too much trouble to put in the real fixture lists?

They will by Friday...
  • Royals222
    59 posts Park Captain
    There some improvement in terms of tackles, I believe
  • Have they broken the goalkeepers? The goalkeepers are dreadful now they just fall backwards or to the side with very little attempt at a save. The keepers in the beta were actually decent but now it seems they get beaten too easily.

Defenders just run out of position leaving gaps to run through, the hesitation from players when the ball is close to going out of play they can clearly stop it but it's like their held back by an invisible hand
  • Runkeldunk
    65 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The AI defenders are way too fast, and you cannot adjust that - and only that - with sliders.

If I storm by a defender with a very quick striker, the defender will still catch up before I reach the goal :-/

R
  • TeamExtreme17
    Allanvrs wrote: »
    Have they broken the goalkeepers? The goalkeepers are dreadful now they just fall backwards or to the side with very little attempt at a save. The keepers in the beta were actually decent but now it seems they get beaten too easily.

Defenders just run out of position leaving gaps to run through, the hesitation from players when the ball is close to going out of play they can clearly stop it but it's like their held back by an invisible hand

Yes GKs are completely broken!!

Been reported since the Beta and they've fixed ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all!!
  • Gee_Simpson
    78 posts Park Captain
    Yep the GK's are absolutely terrible imo. They need fixed ASAP.
  • Starting from fifa 20, the dribbling animations of the players are ridiculous. it's like the players are running on the ice rink.
    and this thing has been killing realism for years
    https://youtu.be/upuVlk_p7So
    dribble animation that feels best fifa18 hope it gets fixed
  • Crowsy
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What happens if you increase the GK sliders value? Do the GK's improve?
  • TeamExtreme17
    Crowsy wrote: »
    What happens if you increase the GK sliders value? Do the GK's improve?

No Slider can improve the Devs programming or the wrong animations being used..
  • hello guys, it just happens to me that sometimes (especially when the player makes the kick-off or throw-ins, etc.) there is a frame lag? Do you have any advice for me? Thank you
  • Gee_Simpson
    78 posts Park Captain
    Yeah they are literally using the wrong animations waaay too much, like what have they done? Keepers weren't great on 22 but they were easily better than these.
  • no_way_mad_tha
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm feeling as though each game feels completely different in terms of my teams ability. I'm playing seasons at the moment. I'm either really powerful and quick, or I just can't do anything. Salah taking to long to control a simple ball, slow rolling passes, no running forward etc. I played two games in a row against Bayern and my first game was really responsive, the second felt so sluggish and difficult to play. I was away in both games.
  • @Everyone Qualcuno può aiutarmi? it just happens to me that sometimes (especially when the player makes the kick-off or throw-ins, etc.) there is a frame lag? Do you have any advice for me? Thank you
  • Is old-gen version same or? Paying full price for FIFA 22 squad update looks like very dumb move for me...
  • sperlzy
    44 posts Park Captain
    I originally felt that the new slower gameplay would be a good thing and a welcome change that encourages realistic matches. However I've now decided that I've changed my mind on this version as there are some pretty bad issues.

As a regular player of seasons I've noticed the game plays pretty poorly and inconsistently. The biggest gripe in particular is sometimes on defence you simply can't switch to the player you want and in one defending transition you can end up hitting the right stick about 3 or 4 times to get the player you want to defend with. By then it is often too late.

I was playing a game earlier and felt in total control of it, but as soon as I went 2 nil up I could feel my players were not moving anymore, they just seemed to be stuck in mud and switching became more and more difficult.

As a result of the defending issues the skill gap on this version seems very low. I have a friend who on fifa 22 was pretty awful, but he now has a better record than me which is unthinkable as i was top 500 ranked on 22 with a 4 to 1 win to loss ratio in div 1. And he had something near a 1 to 1 win to loss ratio. And its not as though he's just more suited to this game, he doesn't even know half the buttons!

The game just feels like waves of momentum switching one way to the other game to game and it leads to pretty much every game feeling the same. And with the switching issues in defence it leads to anyone who is even mediocre at fifa being able to capitalise when their opponent cannot control their defence and the ai defenders are just standing around watching.

Often you can feel that the other player is going to score but there is nothing you can do about it because you just can't switch player quickly enough.

• Scott W
    58 posts Park Captain
    I would recommend changing the sliders. I went on Operation Sliders (I do this every year) and Matt’s settings have radically improved the gameplay for me.

The games are much tighter, there is more of a battle in midfield and a lot less chances and goals.

I’m playing a career in League 2 and the players are playing League 2 level, rather than looking like the 1994 Brazil team 👍
  • TeamExtreme17
    Scott W wrote: »
    I would recommend changing the sliders. I went on Operation Sliders (I do this every year) and Matt’s settings have radically improved the gameplay for me.

The games are much tighter, there is more of a battle in midfield and a lot less chances and goals.

I’m playing a career in League 2 and the players are playing League 2 level, rather than looking like the 1994 Brazil team 👍

I hope you're Barrow 😜
  • fifafan84uk
    51 posts Park Captain
    sperlzy wrote: »
    I originally felt that the new slower gameplay would be a good thing and a welcome change that encourages realistic matches. However I've now decided that I've changed my mind on this version as there are some pretty bad issues.

As a regular player of seasons I've noticed the game plays pretty poorly and inconsistently. The biggest gripe in particular is sometimes on defence you simply can't switch to the player you want and in one defending transition you can end up hitting the right stick about 3 or 4 times to get the player you want to defend with. By then it is often too late.

I was playing a game earlier and felt in total control of it, but as soon as I went 2 nil up I could feel my players were not moving anymore, they just seemed to be stuck in mud and switching became more and more difficult.

As a result of the defending issues the skill gap on this version seems very low. I have a friend who on fifa 22 was pretty awful, but he now has a better record than me which is unthinkable as i was top 500 ranked on 22 with a 4 to 1 win to loss ratio in div 1. And he had something near a 1 to 1 win to loss ratio. And its not as though he's just more suited to this game, he doesn't even know half the buttons!

The game just feels like waves of momentum switching one way to the other game to game and it leads to pretty much every game feeling the same. And with the switching issues in defence it leads to anyone who is even mediocre at fifa being able to capitalise when their opponent cannot control their defence and the ai defenders are just standing around watching.

Often you can feel that the other player is going to score but there is nothing you can do about it because you just can't switch player quickly enough.
    This is so accurate. I'm playing seasons and coming up against players who I can tell aren't as experienced, or skillful with passing. Yet I might as well not be as creative, because their AI with intercept my passing and bog me down to their basic level if I want to do anything. And if they can't defend very well, it appears their GK becomes rather talented and then my defenders don't respond properly and my GK turns into a drunkard.

I have absolutely no idea how I went from winning so many online games in 22, to becoming one of the worse players' online in 23!! I think a 5 year old could actively give me a competitive game on FIFA 23 because the game doesn't respond in time to what I want it to do and 5 year' old would be behind decision wise and that is where it balances out and the skill gap is gone!!

EA seem to do this to ensure everyone has a fighting chance. Delay the hell out of someone who is thinking quickly, and benefit those who are less productive on the ball. Makes zero sense. But that's how they keep millions of gamers at it.
  • drmr92
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hopefully they fix the gameplay for title update. The gameplay feels like ice skiing. Changing the sliders has no effect. You can use your defender and round past all players and score a goal. It's ridiculous.
  • drmr92
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There is no defending.