Pro Clubs is a joke to EA

Brydobhoy88
418 posts Sunday League Hero
That Pro Clubs “deep dive” was just 2 fingers in the face of the pro clubs community.

First you don't give us cross-play then you release that pathetic video.
Tbh did we expect anything else.
Its not FUT so who gives a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Literally anything could improve this mode.
Even put in micro-transactions if you must.

Classic Kits
Use Legends for AI players
Use real players for AI players.

Literally anything.

Comments

• Buchi
    1 posts Ball Boy
    also why dont they have something as basic as letting us upload our faces so our Pro's actually LOOK like us, which gives an added sense of oneness with your character, just like on 2K. They had gameface before and i get that they are with Frostbite or something now but it shouldnt be rocket science EA... Honestly you guys have a lot to learn from 2K basketball's myPro mode and even just the OPEN WORLD aspect to it. You have still managed to dim Pro Clubs 23's potential no matter the Volta merge or skill games or making it realistic to actually hit a high 90 overall. Give us a face creator, give us unlockable emotes/celebrations, give us an AI player database, give us a stamina/have-to-go-to-gym/fitness/health/injury tracking system etc, you could really explode with it and bring in consistent hours of devoted time on the mode.
    You could've done so much more as the final year with FIFA, but also maybe they're the ones somehow obstructing this sort of development behind the scenes. Either way you'd have to force yourself to be pumped about that deep dive. This game mode still lacks finesse, lacks feeel, it just lacks man..

@EA_Andy @DoonansNDragons @EA_Darko @EA_Lanna
  • Crackups
    18 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm confused why you can't add more game mode and menu features for pro clubs. Gameplay is difficult to develop and requires understanding of the engine and can have ripple effects in other areas of the code

Menu features is just a case of hiring more developers, gathering community feedback, and hiring a designer to get it right. That's just money. How for years has pro clubs barely changed? The game generates billions, it can't just be money. Where is the effort?
  • GoonerB
    51 posts Park Captain
    Not a fan of the 4 minute half "reveal" for drop in, or in fact any of the news that came with the trailer.

If people want Volta clothes, Volta tricks, lots of goals and short matches, can they not be encouraged to play Volta, as opposed to making clubs Volta on a full size pitch?

The mode has slowly gone downhill since it's conception, with the best years at the very begining.
    Whoever is in charge of the development has really given up.

If there was another game which had a "clubs" mode, that tried to be a simulation, I would buy it in an instant.
    I couldn't care less about player licenses, stadium likeness, or any real kits when it comes to clubs. Nor do I care what my avatar is wearing in menus.

It's all meaningless.

Just like every 'update' to clubs for the last 10 years. It's all fluff, and no substance.

The developers are out of ideas, and it clearly shows.
  • i thought fifa 23 had no pro clubs only shorter drop ins and skill games to level your pro player up am i wrong ?
    can you still make a team and play online with friends or is it all fut and micro transactions lol
  • GoonerB
    51 posts Park Captain
    Phonix1971 wrote: »
    i thought fifa 23 had no pro clubs only shorter drop ins and skill games to level your pro player up am i wrong ?
    can you still make a team and play online with friends or is it all fut and micro transactions lol

It's still there, just didn't really get a mention in the trailer as they haven't done anything significant to that part of the mode by the looks of it.

Apparently all the "pro club community" wanted was clothing to wear in menus, to be able to max out our pro within a week of release, and to spend more time searching for drop ins then playing them.

I understand for some reason people want to wear a digital hat when they are navigating the menus, and for some reason that is more important than addressing other things like game play, or bugs, but I don't understand the direction they are trying to take this mode in.

It used to be "be a pro, create a club, play out the digital dream of playing like a real life pro with team mates, ascending (or trying to) to the top, scout for new players in drop ins".

Now it feels more like " show off your avatar to yourself, get bragging rights in a skill game, get a cool hat, run end to end at full pace & ignore team mates in drop in".

Tactics used to be varied from club to club. The majority now just do the same thing. Stick all the Ai in defense, never bringing them forward, attack with 2 or 3 human forwards counter attacking, when they can ask for the ball from ai as soon as they get it, and ai then play an inch perfect 80 yard pass. Out run ai defense, shoot with more power than a keeper can save.

It's all 99 pace, acceleration, agility, shooting, etc. There's almost no variation.

Why players can even get to such high ratings is beyond be, even more so after a week of playing.
    If people were lower rated, they might have to put a bit of thought and effort into playing. Not just spamming run, shoot, trick etc.

The new acceleration logic might make things a bit more varied, but of course that's NG only (lol), so not everyone will benefit.

• GoonerB
    51 posts Park Captain
    I wonder how long it's going to take EA mods to get rid of the drug spam adverts.

There's kids here man
  • well i hope pro clubs is still there but looking at the videos i have seen it seems focused on shorter toxic drop ins with people that never pass the ball to the st because there bitter because they never got the centre st spot on the pitch or just the fact they care for own stats how many goals they can get .
    i have played all the fifa games and to be honest the direction there taking the game is not good.
    thanks for the info tho maybe in a few years when there is a better ea team we will get something good for pro clubs like a league system oh and a anti cheat .

ea too much focused into making money
  • It would be great if on clubs they implemented a feature that allowed us to edit the height and weight of our AI players or even allocate skill points to them so we can build the actual team we want.
  • GoonerB
    51 posts Park Captain
    GoonerB wrote: »
    I wonder how long it's going to take EA mods to get rid of the drug spam adverts.

There's kids here man

I guess more than a week.

They are quicker to remove posts about scripting lol
  • Elias_Samson
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    there is huge potential for pro clubs, but even without updates it is the best mode on the game by a mile.

drop ins, its good they're short, who wants to play an extended game with a bunch of 5 year old skillers
    the gym/fitness/injury suggestion was something i've never heard before and like
    more customization like glasses, tattoos, facemasks etc is good, but it's not gameplay. wait, is that only for the menu screen? why isn't it in game?
    some people here are missing that pro clubs is supposed to be 11v11, ai is bad so don't use it
    i have never maxed out my vp and havn't needed to. it's sad that players are obsessed with that and spend hours entering and backing out of games to do so

here are my opinions for the most important clubs additions

1. cross play - for bigger player base/leagues

2. merge volta and clubs properly/make volta normal
    - your vp should be the same for volta and clubs. there shouldn't be a different skill tree, you shouldn't have to edit your vp twice if you want to change your build
    - human gk on volta
    - normal game mechanics and buttons on volta. no superhero boosts. l1 should control the ball, not do a skill move

3. good battle pass rewards
    - tattoos, boots, skins(real players gameface/fictional ie thanos), celebrations, rewards for club(tifos, trophies etc)
  • AvalanJ
    1518 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'd much rather the occasional sadist time wasters at least there was a count down in old lobby's than freaking getting stock searching for match. Screw each one of you so called developers.
  • They should of work on something better for pro clubs I agree
  • GoonerB
    51 posts Park Captain

1. cross play - for bigger player base/leagues

The only point I can agree with.

Volta & Clubs should be nowhere near each other.

1 is a representation of exhibition style indoor 5-a-side, with a focus on tricks and skills.. and also clothing for some reason.

The other is a representation of the game millions watch in tv week in, week out. 11v11, players wearing kits, some feel of realism. At least it used to be.

If the direction they take clubs in is to mimic Volta on a full pitch, then I'm out.

I won't purchase and will just hope that another company sees the vision that EA originally had with this mode, and not the money goggle view they have now of everything.

Fifa is becoming ISS Pro '98.
    The commentary certainly isn't much better either.
  • Elias_Samson
    you have totally missed my point. i said volta should have the same mechanics as clubs/every other mode. the only reason volta has emphasis on skills is because they've made every button a skill move. you obviously haven't seen real life 5aside or futsal at a high level, it is more based on passing than skills and isn't much different to real football with a few exceptions of pitch size and offsides. when i say they should merge i mean there should be 1 vp you use and it can be used in either game mode.

pro clubs is played for realism, i agree, and so can volta if they don't make it ridiculous. i'm talking ridiculous in terms of gameplay, not customization. i'm fine if you can turn your players skin green. what i don't want is players being able to fly. what kills the realism of most modes is the ai players. what kills the realism of volta is the stupid game mechanics/rules

i'd rather play volta 5v5 if we only have 5 players online than 5v5 (with 6 ai) on clubs.
  • Elias_Samson
    in other words volta and clubs are the modes where players are seeking realistic football, which is why they should be part of the same vp
  • GoonerB
    51 posts Park Captain
    edited August 24
    you have totally missed my point. i said volta should have the same mechanics as clubs/every other mode...

No I didn't miss your point - I just don't agree with almost everything you said. You're focusing on 1 of your points.

Hats, masks, crazy hair, crazy beards - none of that seems fitting to Club mode. If realism is the goal - that's not the path.

Skills etc, have been a huge emphasis since Volta came out around 2008. Every single 5 a side, futsal; whatever, game that I've seen, has been nothing like an 11v11. It's not many games I've seen, admittedly, as it has never seemed to have many similarities with the full game I've not ever had interest in watching it. Certainly clips I've seen in recent years appear to be skill based, 1v1 play.

Not my bag, and the 2 modes have always felt very different from the very begining 15 years ago.

Regarding your other points, I'd much rather them focus on sorting gameplay and ai before they think about even more boots etc.

The game is all fluff and no substance.

I agree with cross-play - that could bring some life back, but everything else is something to add once the game itself plays in a realistic manner.

I'd happily play with black generic boots, no hair, no tattoos, walk out in plain boring kits to no music, or commentary, in a stadium that resembles a pub football pitch, if the game play was fantastic.

Untill that time, I can't get behind any thought of adding more "stuff".
  • Elias_Samson
    Hats, masks, crazy hair, crazy beards - none of that seems fitting to Club mode. If realism is the goal - that's not the path.
    - i don't care if the players look realistic, as long as the gameplay is realistic

Skills etc, have been a huge emphasis since Volta came out around 2008. Every single 5 a side, futsal; whatever, game that I've seen, has been nothing like an 11v11. It's not many games I've seen, admittedly, as it has never seemed to have many similarities with the full game I've not ever had interest in watching it. Certainly clips I've seen in recent years appear to be skill based, 1v1 play.
    - i know volta is nothing like clubs/1v1, it has its own gameplay(the buttons are actually different), which it shouldn't, i'd love to play volta if it was a normal gamemode. 5v5 is great for if you can't get 11 players and dont want to play with ai.

Regarding your other points, I'd much rather them focus on sorting gameplay and ai before they think about even more boots etc.
    - gameplay is a fifa thing, not a pro clubs thing, adding gimmicks like that is at least something new for clubs. the gameplay for clubs and h2h is fine. ai is terrible, but there is a solution to that. don't play with ai.

I'd happily play with black generic boots, no hair, no tattoos, walk out in plain boring kits to no music, or commentary, in a stadium that resembles a pub football pitch, if the game play was fantastic.
    - i'm the same, however im happy with the gameplay, what ruins my enjoyment is how bad other players are.
    - for the serious player, yes, but for the casual player they want pretty colors, and casual players make up more of the game
  • GoonerB
    51 posts Park Captain
    edited August 25

Talking generally, not specifically about F23, I can't agree the solution to bad ai is to just not play with them.

That may be a user implemented workaround, but it's not the solution.

The solution is firmly in EA's court - improve the ai. They are capable of it, they choose not to do it.

Feel this discussion could go into an area where the thread gets locked, so I'm not going to talk specifics, as I'm under an NDA, and perhaps you are too, but I can't agree with some of your other points.

I'll go into more detail at a later date.
  • Elias_Samson
    this isn't a fifa 23 thing, this is a forever fifa thing. the ai has always been abysmal and i think it gets worse every year, or its just my tolerance that gets worse and i stop playing with ai sooner.

to be fair to ea ai is impossible to get right. if they make the ai good players will say there is no skill to the game, which is fine for me because it would feel realistic. make the ai bad and anyone with a football brain will be like 'wtf is this s***' and feel like they aren't playing a football game.
  • GoonerB
    51 posts Park Captain
    this isn't a fifa 23 thing, this is a forever fifa thing...

I agree, but some things I'd like to say are Fifa 23 specific, and can't be discussed here, so I'll wait till after release... Or if you head to the beta forums, I've posted a ton about the issues there.