Manager Career - National squad and Players value

pdesbois
37 posts Last Pick at the Park
I know several factors impact a players value - form, playtime, potential etc.... - but one curiosity: does the fact that a player is playing a lot for national sqaud impact his $ value?

Also, are there only friendly matches for national squads?

thx!

Comments

• Steffolovitch
    2392 posts Fans' Favourite
    pdesbois wrote: »
    does the fact that a player is playing a lot for national sqaud impact his $ value?

No, it doesn't mean anything. With national teams there are also no unhappiness among players and reason to rotate etc. It's just about playing the games, and that's it. Just a bonus. All man management, development etc. are taking place with the club team.

are there only friendly matches for national squads?

Well, I started with Canada and only had friendlies to play until the summer of 2022.

Then I played the World Cup in 2022.

Then I switched to England and played the Qualifying campaign for the Euros in 2024.

Then the Euros in 2024.

Then only friendlies up until the summer of 2026.

Then the 2026 World Cup.

And now I've begun the Qualifying campaign for the Euros.

Previously there was the qualifying campaign for the world cup as well, but they must have left it out in order to have enough teams (3 European sides in each group) to complete the tournament.

Hope it makes sense.
  • pdesbois
    does the fact that a player is playing a lot for national sqaud impact his $ value?

No, it doesn't mean anything. With national teams there are also no unhappiness among players and reason to rotate etc. It's just about playing the games, and that's it. Just a bonus. All man management, development etc. are taking place with the club team.

are there only friendly matches for national squads?

Well, I started with Canada and only had friendlies to play until the summer of 2022.

Then I played the World Cup in 2022.

Then I switched to England and played the Qualifying campaign for the Euros in 2024.

Then the Euros in 2024.

Then only friendlies up until the summer of 2026.

Then the 2026 World Cup.

And now I've begun the Qualifying campaign for the Euros.

Previously there was the qualifying campaign for the world cup as well, but they must have left it out in order to have enough teams (3 European sides in each group) to complete the tournament.

Hope it makes sense.

m'kay thx. became manager for Brasil but dont remember what year, so no sort of cup (yet)...
  • pdesbois
    [/quote]

m'kay thx. became manager for Brasil but dont remember what year, so no sort of cup (yet)...[/quote]

EDIT: Just fyi, in Manager Career, it seems you can only play a Continental / World Cup if you are coaching one of the national squads whose federations had "no licensing disagreements" with FIFA/ EA.

I have been coaching Brazil for dont remember how long, and it is now 2026 and only friendly matches... no Copa America, no World Cup in sight.

I dont know if anyone playing e.g. Argentina or Mexico can experience the same thing. Well, there is no Uruguay in this, so I would assume it is due to the licensing thing...
  • Steffolovitch
    edited July 2022

m'kay thx. became manager for Brasil but dont remember what year, so no sort of cup (yet)...

EDIT: Just fyi, in Manager Career, it seems you can only play a Continental / World Cup if you are coaching one of the national squads whose federations had "no licensing disagreements" with FIFA/ EA.

I have been coaching Brazil for dont remember how long, and it is now 2026 and only friendly matches... no Copa America, no World Cup in sight.

I dont know if anyone playing e.g. Argentina or Mexico can experience the same thing. Well, there is no Uruguay in this, so I would assume it is due to the licensing thing...

How long into 2026 have you come? Before or after May 1st?

If you're before this date, you won't be able to see the world cup fixtures in your calender, and there's no way you could see whether you're going to be in the world cup or not.

But if you have entered May, the world cup groups have been set, and I would be surprised, if you weren't in it. At least, when I played the world cup with Canada and England respectively, Brazil were in deed there.

Another thing... Last year, only two of three north americans could qualify for the world cup. And with no qualifiers it was a chance thing whether your nation would qualify, if you were coaching one of Canada, USA or Mexico, with a 33% risk of your side missing out. So save the game ultimo April and reload this save, if you're not in the world cup come May. Try this a few times to see if it helps.

• pdesbois
    [/quote]
    How long into 2026 have you come? Before or after May 1st?

If you're before this date, you won't be able to see the world cup fixtures in your calender, and there's no way you could see whether you're going to be in the world cup or not.

But if you have entered May, the world cup groups have been set, and I would be surprised, if you weren't in it. At least, when I played the world cup with Canada and England respectively, Brazil were in deed there.

Another thing... Last year, only two of three north americans could qualify for the world cup. And with no qualifiers it was a chance thing whether your nation would qualify, if you were coaching one of Canada, USA or Mexico, with a 33% risk of your side missing out. So save the game ultimo April and reload this save, if you're not in the world cup come May. Try this a few times to see if it helps.

[/quote]

You are right! I was just in April 2026 and that is why nothing showed up - which felt weird specially coz... in fifa 2016 i could see the schedule way ahead.
  • Steffolovitch
    You are right! I was just in April 2026 and that is why nothing showed up - which felt weird specially coz... in fifa 2016 i could see the schedule way ahead.

Good news! On May 1st you should be able to see the groups for the world cup. Unfortunately with three European teams in each group, since there are only 32 national teams in this game. Luckily this will improve for FIFA23 will all World Cup 22 national teams included there.

• pdesbois
    edited August 2022

Good news! On May 1st you should be able to see the groups for the world cup. Unfortunately with three European teams in each group, since there are only 32 national teams in this game. Luckily this will improve for FIFA23 will all World Cup 22 national teams included there.

im curious about one detail, regarding *receiving* invitations for International Squads.

If I choose to play one of the 4 English Leagues, can I get invitation for an International Squad, regardless of which league i am Managing? or do I have to be Manager of a team from at least League X, etc...

Also, is there some sort of "date" where I receive invitation for whatever national squad can participate in Euro of 2024 and World Cup 2022? I like taking lowest ranking nations (from THIS link https://sofifa.com/teams?type=national seems Iceland and North Ireland are the weakest ones that can play Euro and Worldcup).

My point is, I wanna start some Manager career where i can get invitation for a team that can play both cups already in 2022 and 2024...

thx again!
    Post edited by pdesbois on
  • Steffolovitch
    im curious about one detail, regarding *receiving* invitations for International Squads.

If I choose to play one of the 4 English Leagues, can I get invitation for an International Squad, regardless of which league i am Managing? or do I have to be Manager of a team from at least League X, etc...

Also, is there some sort of "date" where I receive invitation for whatever national squad can participate in Euro of 2024 and World Cup 2022? I like taking lowest ranking nations (from THIS link https://sofifa.com/teams?type=national seems Iceland and North Ireland are the weakest ones that can play Euro and Worldcup).

My point is, I wanna start some Manager career where i can get invitation for a team that can play both cups already in 2022 and 2024...

thx again!

It doesn't matter which league you play in. But of course, the first offers you receive will most likely be of these "lesser" national teams like Northern Ireland and Iceland. And when/if you then make great results with your club, then you'll get better national teams offered, perhaps England, Spain or Italy, for instance.

The date of invitation to a major tournament is always May 1st. So when you go from April 30th and enter May, you'll be able to go in and see the groups for the tournament and see the games in your calendar. But you'll have to be assigned to the national team before that date.

The date of invitation to become a national team manager varies. Often it's during international breaks, perhaps you'll have a week and a half with no games, and perhaps you'll receive a notification that some of your players are away on international duty. During these times you might receive an international offer. Let's say you'll receive an offer on March 5th. If this offer is not to your liking, you can exit the game, reload latest save and try again entering the date of the offer, March 5th. Do this over and over, until you receive an offer you'd like to accept.

• pdesbois
    thx again!