Just packed gold Dani Alves - Shouldn't it be promo?

Roobar
1498 posts Play-Off Hero
Are both in packs at the same time during futties, or is this like most promos and this should have been the promo version?

Do i need to retrieve from quick sell if it is an error?

Comments

• Markman007
    4873 posts National Call-Up
    Special card should be in packs
  • Roobar
    1498 posts Play-Off Hero
    Markman007 wrote: »
    Special card should be in packs

Yeah thought as much, bought back from quick sell and I will contact customer support. Bizarre, must have been the specific sort of pack
  • RedArmyRay
    696 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah alves fut b/day is on the list of cards in packs.
  • bezo85
    1629 posts Play-Off Hero
    I also packed his gold just after 6pm…
  • Roobar
    1498 posts Play-Off Hero
    Looking on the answer.EA website there are quite a few reports of this coming in. Looks like it should get worked on fairly quickly. Still would open a ticket if you have the same issue.
  • mypetfrog
    3087 posts National Call-Up
    Just packed the FB one, so yes yours should defo not be gold.
  • Roobar
    1498 posts Play-Off Hero
    @mypetfrog thanks, just in time for everybody to get him at once and tank his price!

I really think EA should be thinking about this when they compensate. Sure we get the card eventually but the way they do it means that if we wanted to sell we aren't getting the same price as we would have when we should have got it in our packs.

Not just this example, been happening all year.
  • ILevis
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero
    Roobar wrote: »
    @mypetfrog thanks, just in time for everybody to get him at once and tank his price!

I really think EA should be thinking about this when they compensate. Sure we get the card eventually but the way they do it means that if we wanted to sell we aren't getting the same price as we would have when we should have got it in our packs.

What do you want them to do instead?

Also you got pretty lucky anyways because packing gold Dani Alves is a lot more common. If the special card was in packs, you probably wouldn’t have packed him instead of the gold card.
  • WFCBagnall
    98157 posts Moderator
    ILevis wrote: »

Also you got pretty lucky anyways because packing gold Dani Alves is a lot more common. If the special card was in packs, you probably wouldn’t have packed him instead of the gold card.

Not the point he's making

They should have a quicker response time to give out the cards instead of people probably now getting Alves next Friday, or to cover some of the cost they could offer people a free additional untradeable version.
  • EekAlaska
    3138 posts National Call-Up
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

They should have a quicker response time to give out the cards instead of people probably now getting Alves next Friday, or to cover some of the cost they could offer people a free additional untradeable version.

Not the point HE was making... If it hadn't been the Special card the chances of packing it would have been significantly lower and OP probably wouldn't have packed the card in the 1st place.
  • Roobar
    1498 posts Play-Off Hero
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Not the point HE was making... If it hadn't been the Special card the chances of packing it would have been significantly lower and OP probably wouldn't have packed the card in the 1st place.

We don't know that, Alves special card actually was in packs at the time it seems just certain packs or something he wasn't so it's an odd one. Where this has happened in the past the cards just weren't in packs when they were supposed to be.
  • Roobar
    1498 posts Play-Off Hero
    @ILevis it's fairly common for companies to do more than simply correct a mistake, correct it and then do some sort of gesture to make up for the mistake.

Now let's say at the time I opened my pack Dani Alves market value was 250k (made up figure) when they finally fix his it and give people their card his market value is 150k. They could give you the 100k loss (if tradeable). Of course they wouldn't do that, they could give a pack of similar value to cover the cost of the difference.

Anyway they won' do anything, but packs have a cash value (even packs earned etc. technically have a cash equivalent cost) so this isn't some thing where EA are giving out treats, people are making transactions and EA are continuously making these sort of errors over and over.

• ILevis
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero
    @ILevis it's fairly common for companies to do more than simply correct a mistake, correct it and then do some sort of gesture to make up for the mistake.

Now let's say at the time I opened my pack Dani Alves market value was 250k (made up figure) when they finally fix his it and give people their card his market value is 150k. They could give you the 100k loss (if tradeable). Of course they wouldn't do that, they could give a pack of similar value to cover the cost of the difference.

Anyway they won' do anything, but packs have a cash value (even packs earned etc. technically have a cash equivalent cost) so this isn't some thing where EA are giving out treats, people are making transactions and EA are continuously making these sort of errors over and over.

Doesn’t change the fact that you wouldn’t even have packed him if it wasn’t for that mistake.

The constant whining about everything in this community really gets tiresome after a while
  • Roobar
    1498 posts Play-Off Hero

Doesn’t change the fact that you wouldn’t even have packed him if it wasn’t for that mistake.

The constant whining about everything in this community really gets tiresome after a while

Special Alves was in packs at the time, as in people were packing him so we have no idea if people would have packed him or not, it's not like normal where they forget to add the promo version of a card.

Also you might think moaning about people moaning is a hot take, or you are too cool to care, or ... well I am not sure. But people moaning about things that EA do wrong is totally justified, this is a huge corporation who put less and less effort into their games every year and look for more and more ways to make money from their customers. Which is fine but so is moaning about it.

• DannySTFC
    10096 posts Has That Special Something
    I definitely had NIF Alves in my club as I submitted into an SBC earlier but I’m not sure whether I packed him before or after this promo starting, really hope it’s after now!
  • Bayaeraking408
    1629 posts Play-Off Hero
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    I definitely had NIF Alves in my club as I submitted into an SBC earlier but I’m not sure whether I packed him before or after this promo starting, really hope it’s after now!

I’m in the same boat hopefully mine turns in to his special card
  • Roobar
    1498 posts Play-Off Hero
    So still no update on this right?

So many mistakes this last week with champs rewards, the 85 packs and no alves fix yet