Do the Devs actually play Football?

Hans_Rheinhardt1
211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Not just watch it. Reason I ask is every incarnation of fifa has become progressively worse.

Animations that don't make sense and should never be in the game as you rarely see them in real life. Movements on and off the ball are seriously questionable.

Keepers being beaten from the same position all the time, which is kinda BS, because players adapt.

Slower players with no awareness beating players with better awareness, ability, agility and speed.

Not just with FUT bit fifa in general.

Comments

• RadioShaq
    20840 posts Moderator
    People will say they want sim but probably don’t really want it. First defense would have to be 10 times better which goes against what most want. Since the game isn’t really 90 minutes you would need most of the games to go 0-0 and have maybe 1-2 shots on goal.

People like easy offense that isn’t manual and scoring goals.
  • Hans_Rheinhardt1
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    People will say they want sim but probably don’t really want it. First defense would have to be 10 times better which goes against what most want. Since the game isn’t really 90 minutes you would need most of the games to go 0-0 and have maybe 1-2 shots on goal.

I hear what you're saying, however amount of shots on target isn't an issue for me given that its 6 mins a half generally and the speed of the game at times.

Its just the motions & animations seems unnecessary given the time [email protected] Just my feeling.

People won't reject a sim game unless they have been given the opportunity.

Also E-Sports imo in general feels like it is going to alienate 70-90% of the current consumer market.

• RadioShaq
    20840 posts Moderator
    Esports is what is driving the population up. When fut was just casual and all we had was single matches people got bored and quit.
  • TeamExtreme17
    5509 posts Big Money Move
    This game will NOT improve with the current Devs making it who said "we deliberately made it so the CDMs dont track back so there will be more goals"

Complete and utter nonsense / ignorance!!

Make FUT / VOLTA as unrealistic as you want but keep Career Mode, Seasons & Kick Off REALISTIC!!

Its time we seperate the 2 gameplays....
  • pdesbois
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    honestly, my only beef is how ridiculously complicated it is to convert penalties and fouls... it is like devs understand "wow, why should he have it so easy, let us complicate the mechs no these", while in truth these are consequences of stopping an almost sure goal situation.
  • Plav
    12 posts Ball Boy
    I actually asked this same question a while back, one of the folks from EA actually responded surprisingly. Unfortunately tge response was over the top PC and protecting of employees. And at the end of the day, even if they do play their own game, they don't get to pick and choose what they work on. The game wont change as much as most of us want that. The influencers of what get done with the game aren't going to make this game actually better. And IMO any time they add or fix something in the game they end up creating multiple other issues which for my small sized brain i cant understand the why. You want a better game, you need a better community. If every player stopped utilizing and spamming the crap out of broken gameplay mechanics you might actually find some enjoyment out of the game. But that will never happen. As someone mentioned before, the community players view winning as everything, so they will continuously look for the OP/ broken mechanics and players and continue forward.
  • andre77
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited July 2022
    would need most of the games to go 0-0 and have maybe 1-2 shots on goal.

this is a football game, if the score in this sport is in average 1 or 2 goals per game, why would i want games with 9 or 10 goals? Specially in career mode where it is suposely a simulation.

But the problem in FIFA that make me i think devs dont play football, or even know what football is , it is not even the results and number of goals...it is the very poor AI,

The AI in fifa dont play footbal. Despite the name the AI is not intelegent at all, specially in offensive side.
    Many times I have the ball and my team-mates cannot do a inteligent play, instead of run to open space and atract the defenders, they often run to the same area i am running attracting the defenders to me. Or many times, my team mates run in 1 direction until almost enter the goal instead do some intelegent runs to try to find open spaces.

AI is dummy as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in FIFA and that is what make me think DEVs dont know very much about footbal
  • Shggag
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Defending AI is dog$h!t they always go deep in your half and by the time you switch to that defender the offside trap is broken
  • leon1309
    4538 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2022
    Gameplay is shifting from totaly broken to totaly OP, just depends what you get.
  • Elias_Samson
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    play pro clubs then. thats how football is meant to be played. 11v11.

its not easy to make a football game. if you make it realistic the ai will do everything for you in 1v1. which would make me play it more because i like real football, even though there would be limited skill gap.

how do you make good attacking ai without purposely creating holes in the defencive ai.
  • kopo79
    17 posts Last Pick at the Park
    real simulation would be...i guess a bit booring.
    you have to as gamedev put all happenings in football match in 6 minutes.its difficult.
    but im glad that in fifa 22 i saw lots of tackles and fouls.
    i just hope that theu dont touch this.
    game needs fouls,freekick,injurys...all those break the general cycle,what is good
  • Hans_Rheinhardt1
    kopo79 wrote: »
    real simulation would be...i guess a bit booring.
    you have to as gamedev put all happenings in football match in 6 minutes.its difficult.
    but im glad that in fifa 22 i saw lots of tackles and fouls.
    i just hope that theu dont touch this.
    game needs fouls,freekick,injurys...all those break the general cycle,what is good

Game already has everything a sim needs, they just choose not to use it and go for 10-9 scores
  • Morley86
    480 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No they don't cause if they did player instructions would actually work
  • Marek87
    52 posts Park Captain
    it would be ideal if there were, for example, 4 levels of gameplay even for online. Arcade 1, arcade 2, full sim 1, full sim 2. There would definitely be an opponent who would play, for example, full sim 2. Just basic settings for online.
  • no7mks
    15 posts Last Pick at the Park
    even if they do play, it's not straight forward to implement everything, nor is fixing bugs as easy as you think
  • Morley86
    What the same bugs that's been in the game for years
  • Hans_Rheinhardt1
    edited January 23
    no7mks wrote: »
    even if they do play, it's not straight forward to implement everything, nor is fixing bugs as easy as you think

Yes it is. I've been programming for years. Been part of a business that knows how to fix this crap without holding the customers to ransom. Its poor programming by by seriously poor programmers, and when we see this type of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ we shake our heads.
  • I'm playing 22 free on EA play, every time I get a feeling maybe I should buy 23 the BS kicks in and I'm reminded of the reasons not to pay for it.
    The exploits, the bugs, the ELO and all of the other shenanigans that go on really does make it a poor game
  • LongShot13
    67 posts Park Captain

That’s not quite how it works though. Sports games have always been far shorter game length wise than the real thing, so certain aspects of the game have to - for lack of a better term - OFFENSIVELY OP. It’s the only way to mimic realistic score lines and scoring chances. It’s the way they’ve chosen to implement those OP aspects that make this game bad.

They’ve chosen to nerf manual defending and beef up stupid things like chipped and lobbed passes/through balls landing perfectly at a teammate’s feet while causing selected defenders to freeze so that the pas can be completed. Auto things like team press, auto scissor and scorpion kicks which are way more prevalent in the game today than ever. Auto changing the trajectory of a pass which was due to be intercepted by a manually controlled defender stepping into the lane. The 2 or sometimes even 3 tackle tax. Auto rebounds falling directly at the feet of an attacking player after shooting from a terrible angle. Nerfing off midfield play by nerfing the 2nd man press and again making passes avoid defenders.

There are so many more things I’m not going to list off right now. However all of these things help lesser skilled players because adding random outcomes helps the player doing the wrong things more. That’s not really rocket science. In a good football game, the player making more well timed tackles, the player anticipating passes and cutting off lanes, making better passing and shooting decisions… the player who is quicker at making all of these decisions will win.

All of this was the case back in the day in spades. It used to LARGELY separate players. That’s not the case anymore. The skill gap is so minimal in today’s FIFA titles.
  • Morley86
    I just a better attacking ai