Dribbling techniques with a big forward help please?

RU88ERDUKZILLLA
1069 posts Professional
I don't mins admitting that I'm very average at the game and can't skill... I generally rely on fast passing and player runs stick dribbling only to get results, and so naturally sway to easy to use agile players.

I really want to learn to use bigger players with other benefits so have done pim Cantona but as always with the big guys I'm struggling already (I'm the same with any version of cr7 I just cant use him) he just doesn't seem to make the same killer runs as smaller players and doesn't have the movement or acceleration to create his own space.

Any tips for a none skiller like me to be able to use his movement better? I'm willing to try to learn a couple of simple skills if that's what it takes but I'm hoping for some more straight forward dribbling tips?

Cheers

Comments

• Rainaz
    1162 posts Professional
    Use them to advantage Sheild the ball more and get crosses into the box.

I use weghorst and honestly hes unstoppable at what he does and he moves like a truck
  • Thedudeabides
    2740 posts Fans' Favourite
    Learn at least two of the 5* skill moves is my advice. I’m pretty average too (div 2 and 9ish wins in WL) but Learning the ball roll scoop and the elastico/reverse elastico really helps to create space online. I rarely use them but they come in handy to surprise your opponent, just don’t spam them or they expect it, Also taking advantage of their strength with shielding and learning how to L1 speed boost can always surprise.
  • RU88ERDUKZILLLA
    1069 posts Professional
    I've been trying all day with him and he's so disappointing 🤣... I pondered over doing him or Butra and wishing I'd gone with Butra now. The amount of high rated fodder I threw in was silly I went all in on it 🙈

He's just not involved in the game, keeps getting beat to headers, can't beat the back line on early crosses. Defenders are on him all the time, never has space... doesn't even seem able to shield the ball against all the beast defenders.

I've dropped him to cam at the moment and he does at least get involved there but I know I'd be better off using foden or fekir tots off my bench.

So disappointed 🤣
    Learn at least two of the 5* skill moves is my advice. I’m pretty average too (div 2 and 9ish wins in WL) but Learning the ball roll scoop and the elastico/reverse elastico really helps to create space online. I rarely use them but they come in handy to surprise your opponent, just don’t spam them or they expect it, Also taking advantage of their strength with shielding and learning how to L1 speed boost can always surprise.

I'll give that a try cheers... I'll get on you tube and try to learn them.
  • JFK147
    388 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I get what you are saying. I use Cantona and Cr7 up front and have previously used Weghorst and Kane. The thing I always struggle with is as my wingers break free my two strikers never bust a gut to get into the box for the cross. I always have them on Stay forward and get in behind and I always use the players into the box option on the d pad but nothing works. Yet my opponents strikers always seem to do what I can’t my strikers to do
  • GitGood
    698 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I didn’t like the Harry Keane card before but now he’s amazing. Don’t force them to sprint, just use left stick dribbling very effective.
  • NataliesBottom
    534 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've been trying all day with him and he's so disappointing 🤣... I pondered over doing him or Butra and wishing I'd gone with Butra now. The amount of high rated fodder I threw in was silly I went all in on it 🙈

He's just not involved in the game, keeps getting beat to headers, can't beat the back line on early crosses. Defenders are on him all the time, never has space... doesn't even seem able to shield the ball against all the beast defenders.

I've dropped him to cam at the moment and he does at least get involved there but I know I'd be better off using foden or fekir tots off my bench.

So disappointed 🤣

I'll give that a try cheers... I'll get on you tube and try to learn them.

CAM is where King Eric is best. He’s the heartbeat of my team there. I find him to be a huge presence in game. You just have to keep it simple with him...shield, skill, pass. He won’t beat a TotS defender by pace alone unfortunately. I was initially disappointed with him..but I realised I was trying to do everything with him.
  • Lackosweat
    11195 posts Has That Special Something
    The advance heel to heel is the best skill move for big men. Any 3* skillers can perform. Just LT/LS and fake shot foward while running !