-- The big latency/ping/input problem Thread --

Comments

• CFC-shazaam
    6327 posts Big Money Move
    The problem is definitely with Fifa FUT itself. I can play other games like BF4 or even fifa h2h without any real lag problems, however as soon as i play FUT it's lag galore.

@Rob do the people at EA know what's happening because clearly it is a Problem with Fut itself.
  • Masakari
    876 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think EA's policies prevent them from responding, maybe legal stuff to avoid lawsuits.

It's a shame, because in this and other controversial issues in the FIFA community over the years, it would only benefit EA to be more open, transparent and present and not "apparently ignore" us.
  • Finxjar
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Masakari wrote: »
    I think EA's policies prevent them from responding, maybe legal stuff to avoid lawsuits.

It's a shame, because in this and other controversial issues in the FIFA community over the years, it would only benefit EA to be more open, transparent and present and not "apparently ignore" us.

Looks to me EA policy is there to make sure customer doesn't get any help for product he purchased. What pisses me off the most is that i really want to play football and i tried everything to resolve the issue but nothing helped and now im stucked like the rest of you.

What are my options now, to buy another fifa for 60 euros and risk the same issues, with same customer support (or lack of it)? If this is any other game i would forget about it, but football market is obviously small and there is nothing similar to play (not counting PES sry). /rant over
  • Masakari
    Finxjar wrote: »
    Masakari wrote: »

Looks to me EA policy is there to make sure customer doesn't get any help for product he purchased. What pisses me off the most is that i really want to play football and i tried everything to resolve the issue but nothing helped and now im stucked like the rest of you.

What are my options now, to buy another fifa for 60 euros and risk the same issues, with same customer support (or lack of it)? If this is any other game i would forget about it, but football market is obviously small and there is nothing similar to play (not counting PES sry). /rant over
    Aside from FUT (which has no equal), really, try the PES 2016 Demo, it's stellar and IMO a better football simulation that FIFA 15 H2H. Konami finally did it this year.

I do believe many companies nowadays have a failure to communicate because of american laws and lawsuits. They cant admit X, Y or Z are broken or they will suffer class action lawsuits from many consumers and consumer advocacy groups. As such, they remain silent.
  • Aias87
    625 posts Sunday League Hero
    I hardly ever play offline, but I did last week. And I swear I felt it offline as well. Maybe I'm losing my mind -.-
  • DiMaria7
    713 posts Semi-Pro
    When I'm playing FIFA it bloody lags, but when I play other games it's fine. It's **** me off.
  • Aias87
    DiMaria7 wrote: »
    When I'm playing FIFA it bloody lags, but when I play other games it's fine. It's **** me off.

Where are you from? And do you experience lag offline?
  • DiMaria7
    713 posts Semi-Pro
    Aias87 wrote: »
    DiMaria7 wrote: »

Where are you from? And do you experience lag offline?

Sweden and It has happened few times offline.
  • NornIron
    11106 posts Has That Special Something
    I hardly ever play offline, but I did last week. And I swear I felt it offline as well. Maybe I'm losing my mind -.-

Yeah same as mine until i actually pull out the ethernet lead and turn wireless off.
  • BestInTheWorld
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero
    https://help.ea.com/uk/article/ping-traceroute-and-uo-trace/#traceroute
    Ping average

Most games use the TCP/IP protocol that sends data in the form of packets. A ping time is the amount of time it takes for a packet of data to be sent from your computer to a host server. These numbers are a general guideline and the meaning of your ping can change depending on the type, or genre, of game you're playing, or activity you're trying to do.

Consistent low-pings affect fast-paced games such as Battlefield or FIFA, but have less of an impact on playing slower-paced games or downloading games.

If you are getting pings that average 75-100ms you're likely fine. If you have multiple >100ms pings, that can signal connectivity problems in your games.

Host names/servers

These are the individual computers that make up the Internet. The connection you make to the server may travel, or hop, through 15-25 individual hosts before reaching it. If the hosts are suffering any issues, they can cause poor game performance.

If the ping for a particular host in the first few (3 to 4) hops is significantly high (usually near or above 175ms), it signifies that the routing host is either receiving more traffic than it can effectively handle, or is having some type of technical issue.

If the first few hop shows an IP address reading a mix of 10.x.x.x, 172.16.x.x, or 192.168.x.x, this means your connection is moving through several private networks that could be causing issues with game connectivity--this is usually when you're on a very open network, such as on a University campus, at a library, on a military base, etc; if this is the case, you likely need to contact your network administrator to try to workaround any issues. Moving through multiple of the same type of private network--meaning that they consistently share the same number pairing in their above-stated prefix--however is usually fine.

If the third hop in particular shows the IP address 0.0.0.0, this probably means your device is having DHCP resolution issues, which you can solve by setting up a static IP address for your gaming device. You can get tutorials on how to setup a static IP address from your ISP, router manufacturer, or other resources online.

In UOTrace, the shield icons next to the host names give a graphical display of quality. Green indicates a good connection; as it worsens, the colors pass through various shades of yellow, red, gray, and finally, black.

Percent Loss

This is the percentage of packets that are being lost, or information you're sending that the host is either not receiving or able to return.

Generally, if your Percent Loss reads anything other than 0 or 100%, there is a problem,--even a Percent Loss of 1% or 2% is enough to cause issues. These problems can be the result of hardware issues at the host server, connectivity bottle-necking (too many users communicating through that host), telephone line noise, or other factors.

A high ping will cause your client to be unable to communicate fast enough with the server for the game to maintain fluid motion. This will result in your game's movements appearing jerky, and you will notice that the players around you seem to be able to move much faster than you can. This is due to the fact that the other players are most likely taking a different route to the server and are not affected by the same issue you are.
  • Aias87

Thanks for the info, do you suffer from lag? And where are you from?
  • Juninho1
    1 posts
    edited August 2015
    Hello,

Unfortunately, i'm having this same issue for over 8 months now. Really frustrating.
    Tried alot as for example buying a new tv monitor, supplies for my router and some other things.
    I'm the owner of a xbox one, ps3 and ps4. The problems exists on all 3 of them.
    Just 1 hour ago, i discovered something. I have my monitor on a desk and I've decided to try out to put my ps4 3 meters away from all the other devices. I've put it on the ground for a test and the gameplay & reactions improved alot. Could anyone test this please and see if it makes any difference? If so, we could try and investigate more on this.
    I dont know the reason of this. Maybe hot air?
  • Hello!

Im from Belgium, and i have lag/ delay in all of match since april 2015, before that nothing... i dont understand, i do all was possible to resolve that, but nothing! I'have call My FAI , EA,... changing computer, changing connection, changing router , open port, use vpn, i love fifa, but i will not buy the 16. i cannot pay for this another time....
  • silas1980
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm from the UK btw. I'm on the list already but as unknown location. Also, moved across the country but still getting the same problem. Different place, different ISP (my third in several years) this is got to be an EA problem rather than ours.
  • Aias87
    Juninho1 wrote: »
    Hello,

Unfortunately, i'm having this same issue for over 8 months now. Really frustrating.
    Tried alot as for example buying a new tv monitor, supplies for my router and some other things.
    I'm the owner of a xbox one, ps3 and ps4. The problems exists on all 3 of them.
    Just 1 hour ago, i discovered something. I have my monitor on a desk and I've decided to try out to put my ps4 3 meters away from all the other devices. I've put it on the ground for a test and the gameplay & reactions improved alot. Could anyone test this please and see if it makes any difference? If so, we could try and investigate more on this.
    I dont know the reason of this. Maybe hot air?

Hi Juninho, personally I don't believe it has something to do with this issue. As far as I can tell now it's most likely my connection to EA servers.
  • Aias87
    silas1980 wrote: »
    I'm from the UK btw. I'm on the list already but as unknown location. Also, moved across the country but still getting the same problem. Different place, different ISP (my third in several years) this is got to be an EA problem rather than ours.

@silas1980
    Thanks for that info. If geographically this issue still remains, and ISP has no influence. What's left?

It's not account related since i've had one on XBOX and PS4. It baffles me this seems to stick to certain people.
  • silas1980

@silas1980
    Thanks for that info. If geographically this issue still remains, and ISP has no influence. What's left?

It's not account related since i've had one on XBOX and PS4. It baffles me this seems to stick to certain people.

You could have a point with regards to sticking to people and their accounts, imo it's no coincidence that when people use a different sign in, either on psn/Xbox or Origin, their connection dramatically improves, albeit not permanently. However, I still think ELO had something to do with it. It's no coincidence either that people have these winning/losing streaks. I think the lag etc. might a deliberate ploy to give everyone a chance of winning games, regardless of their ability.
  • NornIron
    11106 posts Has That Special Something
    I think its something to do with Origin not sure why just have a feeling.
  • Aias87

@silas1980

You could have a point with regards to sticking to people and their accounts, imo it's no coincidence that when people use a different sign in, either on psn/Xbox or Origin, their connection dramatically improves, albeit not permanently. However, I still think ELO had something to do with it. It's no coincidence either that people have these winning/losing streaks. I think the lag etc. might a deliberate ploy to give everyone a chance of winning games, regardless of their ability.

If so, there wouldn't be people that claim to have won Div1 say 10 times.
  • Aias87
    NornIron wrote: »
    I think its something to do with Origin not sure why just have a feeling.

I think my origin account has always been the same one, across Xbox360 and PS4.
  • silas1980
    Yeah I've had my concerns about Origin too.

@silas1980

If so, there wouldn't be people that claim to have won Div1 say 10 times.

I'm not saying it definitely makes you win or lose, just that it hinders you. These people who are really good at fifa can probably beat that hindrance.
  • Kingy
    2256 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mine has been unplayable for last few months.

In the past I have had good days and bad days but whenever I play FIFA now it is guaranteed to be in the same awful connection where I can't turn on the ball or do anything.
  • Aias87
    I'm not saying it definitely makes you win or lose, just that it hinders you. These people who are really good at fifa can probably beat that hindrance.

Personally I don't think this is the case. I'm not saying I'm one of the best FIFA players out there, but I've managed to win DIV1 in H2H several times. But in the worst lag streak in FUT this year (the last couple of months) I've relegated from DIV2 to DIV6. Nothing I could do about it. Every single game the lag occurs. In the meantime the lag is still there, but combined with probably a lowered ELO I've managed to climb up to DIV3 again. Still I don't think I've played a lag-free game since May/June.

I've played 3 games today. All of 'em I had more shots/possession. 1 win (3-2, conceding in the 41th & 88th minute) and 2 draws (2-2, conceding in the 71th & 90th) (1-1, conceding in the 90th).

The games become more and more sluggish as I progress, likely due to stamina loss, to the point were conceding is impossible to prevent. The final third of my games are an absolute nightmare.
  • Finxjar
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Are you guys buying new FIFA16? Do you think anything will change and magicly be playable again?
  • BrettO
    256 posts Sunday League Hero
    ive posted in this and other threads about lag,but seeing that i was experiencing it every game both on and offline,i thought i would examine my setup again.On my netgear router i notice a tab where it gave a offer to 'filter'or 'open'.Since i had mine filtered i figured that i would risk it,and so choose open.While not improving it greatly,it has improved quite a bit,enough for me to go and a 12-2-2 run,something ive never achieved.
    I realise for savvy net operators this may be a given but if you have this ability try it.Hopefully i am not leaving myself too open,as i return it to filter when ps4 is not in use.

BTW anyone playing the 16 beta who had lag in 15 notice any improvement?
  • silas1980
    Anyone tried dmz AND opening the games ports? I know the former is meant to open all ports, but I've read about people doing both (in other games) and it somehow helping.

Maybe there's some net code problem we just cant do anything about. Something tells me that changing profiles, resetting controller settings and disabling hospitality settings (which all apparently help, albeit temporarily) means the problem lies with EA, for which only they can do something about.
  • Robocat
    581 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2015
    I play offline matches only and the player reactions are slow in about half my matches against the ai. Players colliding, pass power glithes and just plain refusing to shoot when i hit the button, it is fut that has most of the problem. Usa player
  • Aias87
    Finxjar wrote: »
    Are you guys buying new FIFA16? Do you think anything will change and magicly be playable again?

Yes I will. Totally hooked I'm afraid.
  • Masakari
    Honestly, after considering all this and reading that EA support link, I think it's just lag. Some people have it in spikes, some don't have it, some have it near constant, and it all depends on distance and ISP.
  • Dimenjho
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2015
    Hey, is this thread still active? For me Fifa 16 is worse than ever before. I can't play a single game without this ****. Every game is sluggish. I cant even make 1 single pass, even the obvious ones. either too short, too long or in the wrong direction.

Look at this gif i made with Lukaku trying to head a ball in after a freekick. Timing is WAY OFF, there's not even a damn duel for the ball, my player jumps one year before the defender. I read someone else mentioned misstimed headers before on this thread.

http://gfycat.com/PlayfulLastGrunion