I always miss that 14 win on WL

scalaneopt
1398 posts Play-Off Hero
edited May 29
Its frustrating i know. I get to 13 wins like 90% of the times. Start usually ok... for example this week the 1st 10 games i was 8-2. Then chocked next day. Last game... last chance... some elite pro mega super extreme player in that last game. How do you guys pass this mentality barrier to win more games? Please share your wisedom.

Comments

• Loco_kniene
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    I'm in the same position like you. Also curious. I know when I don't get 14 wins it is not my rank but I'm curious how the better fifa'ers do it. Ended on 13 so many times
  • scalaneopt
    1398 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm in the same position like you. Also curious. I know when I don't get 14 wins it is not my rank but I'm curious how the better fifa'ers do it. Ended on 13 so many times

Yeah man... i know its a mentallity issue for sure or just amazing players that appears once you are in a good position... but its so anoying. Sometimes im rocking in Elite Divison with a good record and then... puff...
  • Nervous_Nick
    7218 posts League Winner
    Happened to me all the time in previous fifas…21/22 wins and no elite.
    This year I always stop at 11 wins so I avoid disappointment :D
  • scalaneopt
    1398 posts Play-Off Hero
    Happened to me all the time in previous fifas…21/22 wins and no elite.
    This year I always stop at 11 wins so I avoid disappointment :D

Hahha. Good point.
  • YidArmy
    2556 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeh there's alot of us in the same boat mate.

Were you getting 14 wins before TOTS? I was getting 14 every week before TOTS (for the last few months), I even had two 16 win WL's.

But since the community TOTS I've choked on 13 wins each time.

To me, it feels the same level at the old G2 / G1 in WL. I could always make G2, but would almost always finish on 19 wins if I played all games.

You've got to give it to EA, their matchmaking system sure is consistent in order for so many people to always fall in the same rank.
  • scalaneopt
    1398 posts Play-Off Hero
    YidArmy wrote: »
    Yeh there's alot of us in the same boat mate.

Were you getting 14 wins before TOTS? I was getting 14 every week before TOTS (for the last few months), I even had two 16 win WL's.

But since the community TOTS I've choked on 13 wins each time.

To me, it feels the same level at the old G2 / G1 in WL. I could always make G2, but would almost always finish on 19 wins if I played all games.

You've got to give it to EA, their matchmaking system sure is consistent in order for so many people to always fall in the same rank.

Man... yeah i was managing the 14 wins before. I know that are better teams... people are playing better and better... but... its fishy as hell.
  • futaddikt
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If I have few games left and
    needs wins I avoid looking at the opponents team loading screen , works for me might not for you
  • Barry Allannnn
    2031 posts Fans' Favourite
    Try playing the games on the Monday or Tuesday instead if possible. I've always played all mine on Fri/sat until last few weeks when I couldn't. Was able to breeze to 18 wins without sweating all pretty comfortable games.

Things I've noticed when I play people at decent elo but beat comfortably is they use sprint too much and try to rely on the same certain exploits that can work against weaker opponents but easily read by better players. Too passive in defence. Just chasing back with midfielders etc. Got to be proactive and player switch really quickly with right stick and apply lots of pressure win the ball as high up the pitch as possible and hit them on the turnover.
  • scalaneopt
    1398 posts Play-Off Hero
    futaddikt wrote: »
    If I have few games left and
    needs wins I avoid looking at the opponents team loading screen , works for me might not for you

I do that... i agree that it messes your head.
  • Seeleyjs17
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    Could be like me and blow the wl and not even get 9 wins this weekend
  • scalaneopt
    1398 posts Play-Off Hero
    Try playing the games on the Monday or Tuesday instead if possible. I've always played all mine on Fri/sat until last few weeks when I couldn't. Was able to breeze to 18 wins without sweating all pretty comfortable games.

Things I've noticed when I play people at decent elo but beat comfortably is they use sprint too much and try to rely on the same certain exploits that can work against weaker opponents but easily read by better players. Too passive in defence. Just chasing back with midfielders etc. Got to be proactive and player switch really quickly with right stick and apply lots of pressure win the ball as high up the pitch as possible and hit them on the turnover.

I actually need to try that. I always push friday and saturday. Will do this next WL. Good shoout!