Champions League Forfeit Glitch

Ahoyskin
13 posts Last Pick at the Park
I qualified with Valencia, but the next season every Champions League match i had to forfeit because I didn't have enough players. I had a full squad. I deleted that save and started a new career with Sheffield Wednesday. Made it to the Championship, but now in my second season again I have to forfeit Champions League games. I didn't even qualify for the Champions League! I'm shown the intro and a table without me in it. When it comes to "my" game, it's blank. I then try to sim it and it forces me to forfeit due to lack of players.

This began with the most recent update. Is anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• Steffolovitch
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't, but it sounds awful.
  • MatiasCD
    1 posts Ball Boy
    I had a similar issue. I was in the europa league but the game was telling me that i had champions league games, if i tried to go sim i was forced to forfeit.
    The only solution that i found was going to the calendar and go directly to the matchday, that way i was able to play my europa league games.
  • JAK59
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Have the same issue. First game I had to forfeit next two forfeited cos other team couldn't field!
  • scottykul
    36 posts Park Captain
    Hey lads good to hear- I’m Valencia and I topped my group in the Europa league but I don’t seem to be in the next round
  • Steffolovitch
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    scottykul wrote: »
    Hey lads good to hear- I’m Valencia and I topped my group in the Europa league but I don’t seem to be in the next round

Sounds to me like you're referring to the preliminary round. Winners of Europa League group stage do not participate there, as far as I remember. Number two plays number three from the Champions League groups to get into the Round of 16, whilst the group winners from Europa League joins the Round of 16 automatically.

Try to play on a little and see if I'm right. When the Preliminary Round matches are over, you should be in the Round of 16 along with all the winners.
  • Henke67
    5 posts Ball Boy
    Champions league in my 3rd season and game 1 I don’t have enough fit players and have to forfeit the game and in the second match the opposition has not enough fit players and has to forfeit. Also in one of the groups the team name is a code of some kind. Is this going to be fixed? If not then I’m finished with Fifa
  • KBPM07
    1 posts Ball Boy
    > @Ahoyskin said:
    > I qualified with Valencia, but the next season every Champions League match i had to forfeit because I didn't have enough players. I had a full squad. I deleted that save and started a new career with Sheffield Wednesday. Made it to the Championship, but now in my second season again I have to forfeit Champions League games. I didn't even qualify for the Champions League! I'm shown the intro and a table without me in it. When it comes to "my" game, it's blank. I then try to sim it and it forces me to forfeit due to lack of players.
    >
    > This began with the most recent update. Is anyone else having this issue?

This happened to me, only way I’ve fixed it is just by simming to the day after the match, only way I can complete the match.
  • Steffolovitch
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can't believe they haven't fixed this yet, it's been reported for months now.
  • TeamExtreme17
    5314 posts Big Money Move

There are things that have been reported for years that still haven't been fixed..
  • Cobblers
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special

They won't, now. Not for Fifa 22, anyway. We are locked in to a broken game.
  • I have a team in the EFL Championship and for some reason the calendar switched to a UCL game and I also get the message that I don’t have enough for players. But I am not in the UCL
  • How is this not fixed? EA just breaks the game and says yeah just go buy the next one. This company deserves all the hate that they get.