What type of special cards are based on real life performances?

cdog1871
38 posts Park Captain
edited May 17
What cards are given out because a players has merited it IRL?

Icons & Heros
TOTY & TOTS
MOTM’s & European MOTM’s
IF’s

am I missing any others?

Comments

• Neil_14
    3108 posts National Call-Up
    TOTGS
    POTM
  • cdog1871
    38 posts Park Captain
    Neil_14 wrote: »
    TOTGS
    POTM
    Ah yes thanks, and TOTT.

• cdog1871
    38 posts Park Captain
    edited May 17
    Are future stars? Or are they just given to any random young players or is it young players that are actually doing well IRL?
  • cdog1871
    38 posts Park Captain
    edited May 17
    cdog1871 wrote: »
    Are future stars? Or are they just given to any random young players or is it young players that are actually doing well IRL?

Also road to the finals? OTW?
  • Chavez76
    9817 posts League Winner

Also road to the finals? OTW?

rioad to final: yes
    OTW: no
  • RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 18
    There's a big difference between real world ability and real world performance.

For instance, you might have a player who scores 25 goals a season and he'll get an 83 rated card, while another player might only score 10 but will be 88 rated.

Think of someone like Pogba, who has huge potential, but has underperformed - does his card actually reflect his statistics from the last year or how they think he'd perform in the best case scenario if he were at the top of his game?

They are two very different players, so which do we get?

His base gold is an 87, but ask any Man U fan if they think he's an 8.7 out of 10 based on his performances over the last 12 months.

I'd wager most won't.

The reality is he gets that 87 because of expectation and past performances, which isn't how a game with yearly iterations should work.

He should be rated based on his performances since the last game, i.e twelve months ago.

Based on that, his base card would probably be rated considerably lower - and if he was, as an example, out injured the entire time then yes, okay, keep his rating the same as last time...as the alternative is to omit him from the game entirely.

Ultimately, I think they base card ratings on past performance (after all, how often does a really high rated card suddenly drop significantly by the next game even if they've hardly played or been out of form?) and expectation, and I also think they favour certain real world players.

In the end, stuff like pace and skill moves etc...are largely guess work and what they think it should be in the best case scenario.