Last update took this game backwards

fifafan84uk
24 posts Last Pick at the Park
I don't play FIFA like I used to. However, the beta was pretty decent. Slower, methodical, challenging. Goalkeepers actually stopped the ball going in the back of the net.

Please note this feedback is against CPU legendary AI.

After how many damn updates, EA, a round of applause for you as once again you've broken the game!

Delays between switching defenders, or giving me the wrong player, almost intentionally so the CPU team can do whatever they like. It's literally insane.

Goalkeepers are now useless and matches are yet again goalfests. Why revert them back, just because people didn't want to learn how to shoot on target??

Trying to keep possession with slow build up, only for no reason at all my player ignores the ball so the CPU team can gain it back.

CPU Team can now amazingly keep possession regardless of the team and play like Barca.

CPU never foul - this has always been an issue though, even when they blatantly batter you off the ball!

The list goes on and on, but this gameplay on legendary is very unplayable compared to before and World Class is far too easy!!

Comments

• Spokesman
    41 posts Park Captain
    I couldn’t agree more. Unfortunately EA don’t care about making good games. I’m sure they know the gameplay was much better before all these idiotic patches, but it’s simply the business model they use. Their only interest is selling FUT packs to the simple saps who are willing to spend money buying coins, and you don’t sell FUT packs when things on the pitch are skill based or enjoyable. A leaked EA memo shows EA employees blatantly talking about frustrating gameplay loops leading to more FUT pack sales.
  • Mury86
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Thanck you God for listening my prayers, and finaly ea lost the license for FIFA, all in hope they sign with someone who realy can create a playeble game, not like ea. Servers patetic, accounts with issues, since past fifa's that ea made it became worst each year. My account is messed up. I have team of 90 ovr, my lowest ovr player is 89 ovr and my team looks like this
    Att-83 ovr
    Mid- 84 ovr
    Def-85 ovr
    We are to small players for ea to pay us atention they only help the players who put money on this game. A thing is clear if ea stil creates fifa i will never buy it. Lame
  • Zaius
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why is it that the game every year starts out fine and with every patch they destroy it more and more ... is it to get us to move onto FIFA 23 or to buy more packs or could it just be incompetence. Since it happens every year one things it might be done on purpose.
  • Valdo08
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    Subpar, amateur and lazy developers. Trying to make a competitive game but atrociously ruined the gameplay. Defending in this game is a joke.
  • So many issues within this game right now. Inconsistent goalkeepers, player switching when defending is just comical, passing is totally broken, players just wandering offside for no apparent reason, fouls that are not fouls and blatant fouls that are not given, depleted stamina means idiotic players, every game mode relying on good bandwidth to be able to actually play properly. Just a total mess, EA have just thrown the towel in, losing the franchise so they just don’t give a monkeys about making the game fair and fun anymore. Total shambles
  • Korthan
    2523 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't play FIFA like I used to. However, the beta was pretty decent. Slower, methodical, challenging. Goalkeepers actually stopped the ball going in the back of the net.

Please note this feedback is against CPU legendary AI.

Years ago someone posted a setting of sliders, I used them to play v Legendary (something I never did often). It worked. It kept the skill level of the AI but took away the unfair advantages (psychic tackling before you receive the ball to feet, 2 x speed response etc). Maybe such an adjustment could help?

Also, I have the opposite issue with Pro Clubs where they have buffed up the goalkeepers so you can't even score on v ones. On top of the already superior defenders and broken attacking commands, it makes the game boring and largely unplayable. Especially for the long grind EA have made of levelling up for skill points this year.

I get the impression at times that EA is trolling us or engaged in controlled demolition of their own product.
  • Roddy98
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Well EA Fifa overall is ❤️❤️❤️❤️, ❤️❤️❤️❤️ them all
  • Roddy98
    2 posts Ball Boy
    > @Roddy98 said:
    > Well EA Fifa overall is ❤️❤️❤️❤️, ❤️❤️❤️❤️ them all
    Lmaooo they heart me cussing 😂 stupid