My Dele Alli Review

john_d_efc
3163 posts National Call-Up
Firstly, apologies for the lack of reviews of late, not sure why I didn't do any if I'm honest so again I'm sorry for thtat.

Anyway, lets talk Dele, he's been crap in real life for Everton barely playing but he's a card with an Everton badge and I had to do him

The team (in-game):

Screenshot-2022-05-12-at-10-04-36.png

Here's the stats:

Games: 82 (Rivals Elite, WL, WL Quals, Friendlies)
Goals: 41
Assists: 28

Futbin: https://www.futbin.com/22/player/25353/dele-alli
4* WF
4* Skills
Body Type: Unique
Height: 5=6'2"
Workrates: H/M

Positions:

RDM: 62 games in 352/4231
CAM: 20 games in 352/4231

Chem Styles:

Shadow: 15 games
Hunter: 60 games
Gladiator: 7 games

I 100% recommend shadow. Hunter gives the pace boost and shooting boost isn't noticeable. Gladiator was used purely because I have a million of them and wanted to see what he would be like without the pace boost, which it is definitely needed.

Shooting:

It is simply superb, he finishes like a striker and for a B2B midfielder I've found him breaking into the box late to have a pop at goal or hitting a finesse on the edge of the area which for the most part, hits the target.

I'd say the difference between having the hunter chem style applied and not isn't even noticable.

Passing:

Another midfielder with excellent passing! He's no Xavi but you can definitely rely on him to find his passes. One thing I've transitioned to is playing more of a possession game and baiting the opponent in, sending a winger on a run but then moving the ball to a CDM and then hitting a ball over the top... Dele finds them everytime and it's helped a lot in matches.

Pace:

With the shadow/hunter he's great and he can move about the pitch really well. I'd say he felt similar to PIM Vieira or maybe a bit quicker which I suspect is to do with the body type.

Dribbling:

I can definitely see where people say he's clunky, but it's not the worst in the world and again, he's similar to Vieira. You can definitely turn with him in the midfield but you will get caught out by a nippier attacker and robbed of the ball.

Skill moves pull off quite well, they aren't slow but they aren't quick either... so I guess bang average is what I'm going for here.

Body type is unique but he has a more Gullit body type in game which I hope explains a lot.

He is definitely not a CAM

Defending:

Now this is the most surprising thing, without the shadow he was great. He would bully players off the ball, tackle and mostly intercept the ball. Which is surprising given he has low interceptions.

I stuck a shadow on him because I was getting annoyed by the missed interceptions and afterwards this has improved a lot. So now I have the complete B2B midfielder who can burst into the box but also defend like a beaver (Classic Kammy).

Physicals:

Not great surprise here, he's a monster with his physicals and can push people off the ball, shield the ball and even win a fair amount of headers. For the guys who like targetmen types, he reminds me of how Moyes used Fellaini when you play him in CAM, just hit the ball to him and flick it on or bring it down shielding.

Conclusion:

He is a very very good CDM. I've used Prime Gullit and compared them (albeit I hated Gullit) and I would say Dele is a better version of him. When I used Gullit, he would bomb forward but never seemed effectual in the defensive side of the game. Gullit also used to drift wide despite asking him to play central and this left massive holes in the midfield. Dele doesn't do any of this.

If you're looking to take Gullit from swaps, save the tokens and go open the fodder packs, you'll get TOTS players and fodder to complete Dele for nothing and in my opinion, you'll get a better player for it as well.

I don't think he's a CAM at all, I struggled to use him there. He's a CM/CDM or even ST, you just need that ability to wiggle as a CAM which he doesn't have at all.

Pros:

- Finishing
- Passing
- Defensive ability

Cons:

- Tad clunky due to body type

Overall Rating: 9.5/10

Comments

• CC84COV
    2921 posts National Call-Up
    Great review I’ve been using him at CAM on a hawk but I’m debating putting into CDM
  • RuddyElmate2022
    2144 posts Fans' Favourite
    Really good review.
  • Jordonp
    3179 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 12
    Why haven’t you used engine on him?

I tried Shadow but reverted back to engine. I use him as a CM in 41212 and 4231. Also a RM in 352
  • GitGood
    619 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Have you tried Engine on him..?
  • Krisp77
    367 posts Sunday League Hero
    What we really want to know is……what’s his custom celebration 🤣
  • GitGood
    619 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Who needs a Gullit when you have Alli with those colourful dreadlocks.
  • RuddyElmate2022
    GitGood wrote: »

Yes, Shadow is better.
  • john_d_efc
    3163 posts National Call-Up
    Jordonp wrote: »
    Why haven’t you used engine on him?

I tried Shadow but reverted back to engine. I use him as a CM in 41212 and 4231. Also a RM in 352
    GitGood wrote: »

I haven't, I haven't seen the need to as I value defensive stats in CDM, if at CAM I probably would but he's not getting in over Pele :joy:
    Krisp77 wrote: »
    What we really want to know is……what’s his custom celebration 🤣

@Krisp77 It's that weird hand-eye thing :joy:
  • RichT
    678 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Been using him with 3 CMS, sort of box to box role and works great.
  • fussydutchman
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thanks for the review.

I was lucky enough to pack PIM Gullit from one of the icon upgrades and he's definitely better at CAM or ST. He's not very effective at CDM, for some reason.
  • EdgySam
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wondering whether to get Alli to replace Bruno as a B2B. Ive done Kane and got red cancelo so Im all premmed out for this WL
  • RuddyElmate2022
    EdgySam wrote: »
    Wondering whether to get Alli to replace Bruno as a B2B. Ive done Kane and got red cancelo so Im all premmed out for this WL

Much better player. Dele that is.
  • abhreebhu_45
    13646 posts Has That Special Something
    I had him in my mind,but that cr7 has thrown things into air
  • RuddyElmate2022

I’d still take Dele tbh. As a midfielder there’s not many like him at all. Goal scorers are continuously being released. Not many midfielders will feel like Dele.
  • abhreebhu_45
    13646 posts Has That Special Something

I’d still take Dele tbh. As a midfielder there’s not many like him at all. Goal scorers are continuously being released. Not many midfielders will feel like Dele.

Ronaldo will be a key part of my all target man squad,, his skills n turns will be something my towering giants lack
    He has a month on him,so I can wait-that's the only positive
  • OZero
    7609 posts League Winner
    That’s exactly what I need. Thanks mate
  • LaFlame
    1 posts Ball Boy
    I have tradeable tots de bruyne and I was considering to sell him and do dele alli to play next to vieira pim, what do you guys think? Or de bruyne is much better?
  • McFandan
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    I did Dele Alli this afternoon for 0 coins by recycling the prem upgrade packs and 80+ PP.
    Used him in qualifiers tonight and WOW! what a card this is.
    He’s good value even at 350k but if you can do it for less it’s a bargain
  • RadioShaq
    19795 posts Moderator
    Kinda torn. Want to do dele and Ronaldo but together are kinda expensive. Also want to do witsel tots brings so many good players.
  • RuddyElmate2022
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Kinda torn. Want to do dele and Ronaldo but together are kinda expensive. Also want to do witsel tots brings so many good players.

Don’t think you’d regret either obviously but feel like if your torn you may regret not doing Dele over the others mentioned. There just isn’t many that offers what he does. Possible Goretzka coming though.